You can have an expensive router plugged into the fastest fibreoptic connection but this still does not get rid of the frustration of having to receive a strong signal in your home. When the signal does not extend enough for your tablet or phone to connect to Wi-Fi, this often becomes frustrating. The Wi-Fi router range extender is one of the simplest and most robust ways to get signal to remote areas of your home.
It is ideal for those who are struggling to get Wi-Fi in their bedrooms or are having persistent signal failures. The fact that people need internet for playing and working means signal failures have no room. And that is why Wi-Fi router range extenders are within our reach. But given that it can be daunting getting a quality Wi-Fi router range extender, we bring you the following top 10 best WiFi router range extenders reviews.
- 1. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX2700)
- 2. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (WN3000RP)
- 3. TP-Link N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)
- 4. Securifi Range Extender
- 5. TP-LINK AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE200)
- 6. MONOCO Wi-Fi Range Extender
- 7. MSRM US300 WiFi Range Extender
- 8. NETGEAR N600 WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP)
- 9. NETGEAR N600 WiFi Range Extender (WN3500RP)
- 10. NETGEAR AC1900 WiFi Range Extender (EX7000-100NAS)
1. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX2700)
Bid farewell to Wi-Fi dead zones with this router range extender. Discreet, convenient, and easy to install, this Wi-Fi router range extender will boost your existing network speed and range. It delivers Wi-Fi up to 300Mbps, and its external antennas provide coverage of Wi-Fi and higher speed. Ideally, it features a convenient wall-plug design in order to save space. The NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX2700) works with any standard Wi-Fi router and is perfect for gaming and video streaming. Use it to get connectivity you need for your smartphone, iPad, laptop, and more.
- Extends Wi-Fi to several devices
- Works with any standard router/gateway
- Compatible with wired devices
- Its price is decent
- Easy to set up and works fast
- There are times when the unit will not give you connections. However, this is not frequent and does not take long when it happens.
2. NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (WN3000RP)
How strong is your Wi-Fi signal? Is it so weak that some rooms in your home are Wi-Fi dead zones? If “yes”, you need the NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (WN3000RP). Small and easy to install, this Wi-Fi router range extender creates new Wi-Fi connectivity for up to one wired device such as a game console, Smart TV or Blu-ray player. It gives your existing Wi-Fi a boost, thereby, allowing you to move around with your mobile devices while they are connected. Use it for smartphones, iPad, and more.
- It is affordable
- Extends wireless coverage
- Allows you to reduce mobile data plan charges
- Easy to install; no CD needed
- Makes it easy to find the best location for maximum WiFi coverage
- Instruction sheet needs to be improved a little
3. TP-Link N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)
The TL-WA850RE from TP-Link is designed to eliminate “dead zones” by conveniently extending the coverage and improving the signal strength of an existing wireless network. Boasting wireless N speeds of 300Mbps, this range extender is one of the fastest models you will ever come across today. It has a Ranger Extender button and miniature size. Ideally, its wall-mounting design ensures that extending a wireless network is easier than before. This range extender also has an Ethernet port that lets it act as a wireless adapter.
- Incredibly affordable
- Eliminates dead zones
- Directions are simple for easy setup and use
- Provides a wide coverage
- Uses the same network name
- Perfect for homes where finding a Wi-Fi signal is difficult
- The Ethernet port is on the bottom, and this complicates things a little
4. Securifi Range Extender
According to research, 95-percent of customers set the Securifi Range Extender up using Touchscreen wizard. Unlike most Wi-Fi router range extender, the Securifi Range Extender requires no PC, MAC or CD to be set up or managed. The fact that it is multi-purpose means it can be used as Wireless Bridge, Range Extender or primary Router. It comes equipped with a universal range extender mode that is compatible with any existing router, be it Linksys, Netgear or Belkin. The Securifi Range Extender is compatible with XBOX, iPad, iPhone, Windows, PC, Android, Linux, and Mac.
- Works with any existing router
- Does not take long to set up
- The touchscreen is very helpful
- The screen is easy to understand
- Provides reliable, solid performance
- The extender is a bit pricier, but it is worth it.
5. TP-LINK AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE200)
Expand and improve your Wi-Fi range up to 10,000 square feet with the RE200 from TP-LINK. Featuring 11AC Wi-Fi technology, this router range extender works exemplary well. It works with any standard Wi-Fi router and creates stronger dual band connections in hard-to-reach areas. Ideally, it has a smart signal indicator light that helps you place it in the perfect spot. It also has an Ethernet port that helps connect wired devices such as a smart TV, game console or streaming player to your Wi-Fi network.
- Compatible with any standard router/gateway
- Perfect for extending Wi-Fi to Echo/Alexa devices
- Eliminates dead spots
- Gives a stable connection
- Easy to set up and use
- Covers a wide area
- The price is great
- May lose connection once a while
6. MONOCO Wi-Fi Range Extender
Say goodbye to slow internet and weak connection with the MONOCO Wi-Fi Range Extender. Easy to install and convenient to use, this Wi-Fi range extender is designed to boost the Wi-Fi range and strengthen signal of your existing network. It eliminates dead zones and keeps your mobile devices connected as you move throughout your home. Ideally, it delivers Wi-Fi speed up to 300Mbps, so it can satisfy the user’s various Internet surfing needs. With MONOCO Wi-Fi Range Extender you will never experience delay in playing games, chatting online, streaming videos or downloading files.
- Supports several operation modes
- Easy to install, connect, and configure
- Works with any wireless network or router
- Extends the Wi-Fi range in the house
- The extender has several functions
- It is somewhat unreliable
7. MSRM US300 WiFi Range Extender
Wi-Fi range extenders are designed to boost the existing network speed and range. Well, that is exactly what the MSRM US300 WiFi Range Extender dose. It delivers speed up to 300Mbps, thereby, eliminating dead zones. Ideally, it has external antennas that provide Wi-Fi coverage and higher speed. The fact that it features a convenient wall-plug design means it saves a lot of space. With this Wi-Fi router range extender around, you will be able to connect devices like media players, iPads, smartphones, and more.
- Compatible with any wireless device, router, and network
- Easy to install and use
- Extends the existing Wi-Fi coverage
- Eliminates dead zone in hard-to-reach areas
- Perfect for gaming and video streaming
- The extender may have a few quality control issues. But it works great.
8. NETGEAR N600 WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP)
The N600 Wi-Fi Range Extender from NETGEAR will boost your existing dual band Wi-Fi coverage in your home and allow you to connect up to four wired device such as gaming consoles and Smart TVs to your wireless network. It works with any getaway or standard router and allows for a better Wi-Fi connection for smartphones, laptops, home theater devices, and more. It has FastLane technology that allows you to use both Wi-Fi bands to establish a single super-high connection. The N600 has Wi-Fi speed up to 600Mbps.
- Has up to 4 Ethernet ports
- Perfect for gaming and HD streaming
- Easy to install and connect
- Compatible with any standard router or gateway
- Can work with up to 26 devices at the same time
- Needs to be rebooted after around 2 months
9. NETGEAR N600 WiFi Range Extender (WN3500RP)
Now you can enjoy improved coverage of Wi-Fi on your Wi-Fi devices (like tablets, laptops, and smartphones) throughout your home; thanks to the N600 WN3500RP. This universal Wi-Fi range extender will boost Wi-Fi to the upstairs bedroom or backyard. Moreover, it will eliminate dead zones in hard-to-reach areas. This extender works with any standard Wi-Fi router or getaway. Ideally, it is compatible with Airplay. Use it to connect iPads, smartphones, and more, or to wirelessly stream music to your audio system.
- Works with AirPlay
- Fairly easy to set up
- Extends signal in the house
- Instructions are simple and easy to follow
- Great for gaming or HD streaming
- Allows you to stream music wirelessly to your audio system
- The router extender is a bit costly.
10. NETGEAR AC1900 WiFi Range Extender (EX7000-100NAS)
This Wi-Fi router range extender features 700mW high-powered amplifiers and 11AC dual band technology that allow it to boost the existing network range and speed up to 1900Mbps. It also features a dual core 1GHz processor that enables optimum Wi-Fi performance. The EX700-100NAS extender has USB 3.0 for up to 10X faster access to your stored media. In addition, there are 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting all your wired devices. Another great feature that comes with this Wi-Fi router range extender is the FastLane Technology that makes it ideal for gaming and HD streaming.
- Has up to 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Offers maximum signal coverage
- Great for gaming and HD video streaming
- Gives the whole-home connectivity
- Easy to install and works properly after installation
- The tech support takes a bit longer to solve issues
Are you experiencing weak connections and signal failures any time you try to access the Internet? If “yes”, you need one of these top quality Wi-Fi router range extenders. These devices have high speeds ranging from 300Mbps to 600Mbps for strong connection and improved signal. Although their designs, colors, prices, and styles vary, Wi-Fi router range extenders in these reviews have the same functionality and performance. And all you need to do is to go for one that best suits your Internet surfing needs.