While eating, the last thing you want is to have food particles stuck between your teeth or between a tooth and a brace. After all, it is these food particles that lead to tooth decay and oral infections. To make it worse, food particles stuck between your teeth cannot be removed with a toothbrush. Fortunately, there is a convenient way to solve this problem. And that is to use a water tooth flosser on a regular basis.
Unlike conventional flossers, a water tooth flosser uses water at a high pressure to blast away food particles on the surface of your teeth or gums as well as between your teeth. Most of them have several multifunctional tips and adjustable pressure settings to let you floss your teeth the way you want it. With them, you will be able to improve your oral hygiene by keeping your teeth brighter and gums healthier. Take a look at the following top 10 best water tooth flossers reviews to get the best unit.
- 1. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser With 12 Multifunctional Tips
- 2. Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660)
- 3. QQCute Water Dental Flosser For Home Use
- 4. PECHAM Water Dental Flosser for Home & Travel
- 5. Zerhunt Cordless Dental Water Flosser
- 6. Greenvida Electric Dental Water Flosser
- 7. H2ofloss Rechargeable and Cordless Water Dental Flosser
- 8. Nicefeel Electric Dental Water Flosser for Adults and Kids
- 9. Belmint Dental Water Flosser (600ml Capacity)
- 10. Waterpik Black Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
1. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser With 12 Multifunctional Tips
What’s so great about this water tooth flosser is its ultra quiet design. With noise levels of only 50db, this water dental flosser will be totally quiet while you use it to floss your teeth. Another stunning feature that we find amazing is its ability to resist water. It has a water-resistant rating of IPX7, which makes it 100-percent waterproof. In addition, the flosser is equipped with 12 multifunctional tips, which include jet tips, nasal tips, tongue cleaning tips, periodontal tips, and orthodontic tips. It also features a convenient design, where one side holds water and the other holds tips. Ideally, we like this flosser’s 5 – 110 PSI that allows you to choose the best pressure setting.
- Powerful and works great
- Makes teeth much cleaner
- Quieter and stronger than most tooth flossers
- Removes food that compacts in the upper molars
- Works great for people with Sjogren’s syndrome
- Could be better with durable tips
2. Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660)
Second on our list is the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660). And this is because the company is not just known but also it is believed to be producing the best tooth flossers across the globe. In fact, this particular water flosser is ADA (American Dental Association) Accepted to improve your confidence in using it. Besides, it has 10 pressure settings and 7 WaterPik Water Flossing Tips that work collectively to give you the best flossing experience within the shortest time possible. Using this water tooth flosser is also relatively easier since all you need is to make sure that it is compatible with outlets rated 120VAC/60Hz before you can begin using it. Please note that the warranty on this product is considered void in the event that a sale is made outside North America.
- Offers an easier and more effective way to floss
- Makes gums healthier and teeth brighter
- Essential for good oral hygiene and tooth care
- Great for people with periodontal pockets
- The convenient design makes it easy to use
- The water tank is a bit small
3. QQCute Water Dental Flosser For Home Use
If you ask us why this product is one of the best, we will quickly tell you that its pressure settings are unrivaled. Ranging from 30 – 120 PSI, the water pressure setting of this dental flosser is adjustable to let you choose a suitable setting for your gum and teeth. What’s more, these pressure settings are equipped with pulse flow technology that works with the high pressure to help remove up to an incredible 99.9-percent of plaque. That aside, this dental flosser has a compact design that can fit in small-sized bathrooms for convenient use. It also has a 600ml high-volume water capacity, which allows you to floss for the recommended time. We believe that this water tooth flosser is a must-have for people with gum disease, diabetes, as well as those who wear braces.
- Cleans anything left between teeth and braces
- Uses stronger water to floss gums and teeth
- Offers several rounds of flossing with the large container
- Comes with several different caps
- It is reasonably priced
- Tips are irreplaceable
4. PECHAM Water Dental Flosser for Home & Travel
Traditional ways of cleaning teeth and gums work. However, we feel it is time you try out something more advanced like the PECHAM Water Dental Flosser for Home & Travel. This tooth-flossing unit uses a high-pressure water jet to clean areas, which a toothbrush cannot access. Its ultra-strong pulse design also contributes to its performance by aiding in the removal of plaque from treated areas. According to results gathered by the company, this dental flosser is up to 50-percent more effective in improving gum health compared to string floss. Ideally, most people like its adjustable water pressure settings and large water capacity since they make it much more convenient to use. This water tooth flosser is exactly what you need to achieve better oral hygiene week in week out.
- It helps prevent oral diseases
- Tongue scraper prevents bacteria buildup and bad breath
- Works great for kids with braces
- Water pressure ranges from low to high
- A better alternative to floss thread
- The on/off switch on the handle is quite difficult to use when wet
5. Zerhunt Cordless Dental Water Flosser
The efficiency of this cordless dental water flosser is second to none; perhaps, that’s why it is adored by many. Its 360-degree rotating long nozzle works with a high-pressure water pulse 1700 times per minute to deeply clean every corner of the mouth accurately. It reaches areas where a traditional toothbrush cannot reach, making it the perfect package for periodontitis. Another feature that most people seem to like is the newly upgraded cordless design, which works well to help improve convenience. Talking of convenience, the flosser has a full opening water tank, which is extremely easy to clean. The tank is also leak-proof; hence, water will not flow all over your bathroom. If you don’t like settling for less, this is the unit for you.
- Keeps mouth cleaner than ever
- It’s cordless to make flossing a breeze
- Easy to use and clean after use
- Instructions on the manual are helpful
- Holds charge well and fits anywhere
- The water reservoir is a bit small
6. Greenvida Electric Dental Water Flosser
This is another product we feel should be here. It has 3 cleaning modes, meaning it will let you choose from normal, pulse, and soft pressure setting modes. As such, expect to enjoy different levels of settings during flossing. This flosser also features LED indicators that will let you know the mode you have selected. Besides, Greenvida has equipped it with two rotatable jet tips, which are great for cleaning up the blind spots and removing most of slit dirt. It is a high functioning water tooth flosser that’s made for the whole family, considering that it has up to 4 nozzles. Moreover, this flosser is cordless and comes with a rechargeable 1500mAh lithium battery for convenient use.
- Makes flossing quicker and easier
- Can be used in the shower
- Easy to charge and holds charge for a long time
- Easy to hold and maneuver during flossing
- Works powerfully even on the lowest setting
- It may be a bit tricky to use at first
7. H2ofloss Rechargeable and Cordless Water Dental Flosser
There are two features that we find amazing in this water dental flosser. The first one is the built-in 2000mA battery that lasts longer when fully charged. The second is the 300ml water reservoir, which is larger, and, therefore, very easy to clean. Another feature that cannot go unmentioned is 1200 pulses-per-minute frequency, which according to surveys, is one of the most comfortable frequencies. Many users have also pointed out that the cordless design of this flosser really contributes to its overall performance. It makes the unit easy to carry when you are traveling. And this means you will not have to forgo flossing because your tooth flosser is too bulky to carry around. Please note that this flosser should not be used while charging.
- Much easier to keep clean
- Powerful and suitable for traveling
- Affordable, reliable, and works fast
- Stores compactly in the included travel case
- Instructions ensure easy use
- The power button tends to get stuck after a number of uses
8. Nicefeel Electric Dental Water Flosser for Adults and Kids
The 7 multifunctional water flossing tips of this dental water flosser include 3 Classic Jet Tips, 1 Tongue Cleaner, 1 Dental Plaque Tip, 1 Periodontal Tip, and 1 Orthodontic Tip. The multifunctional tips will allow you to choose the right tip, depending on your needs. Apart from the tips, there is an additional tongue scraper that helps prevent bacteria buildup and bad breath to make sure you have brighter teeth and healthier gums. This flosser also boasts a large water capacity that will let you floss up to 90 seconds without interruptions. The water reservoir is easy to refill and does not leak. Therefore, you will not have a messy bathroom because your water tooth flosser is leaky.
- Makes teeth feel great
- Offers good pressure and cleans all the right areas
- The size perfectly fits any bathroom
- Instructions are easy to read and understand
- Different tips are helpful
- It leaks but not to the extent of creating a mess
9. Belmint Dental Water Flosser (600ml Capacity)
A better dental clean requires a better dental water flosser like the Belmint Dental Water Flosser (600ml Capacity). This unit has unique water pressure and pulsations that enable it to offer better cleaning even in hard-to-reach areas. As if that’s not enough, it is gentle and effective; hence, it can be used by adults and kids. Its adjustable water pressure ranges from 0 – 90 PSI and has 1400 pulses per minute to let you adjust the water streaming, depending on your needs. There are also 3 interchangeable nozzles, which rotate 360 degrees to reach all areas of your mouth. Each of the 3 nozzles is color-coded to prevent confusion. We are certain that you will really love this water tooth flosser.
- Cleans behind braces well
- Super compact and easy to use
- Does not take up a lot of space
- The magnet holds it in place
- Looks sleek in the bathroom
- The nozzle handle is comfortable
- It may be a bit difficult to operate at first
10. Waterpik Black Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
There is no way we could leave this high performing cordless freedom water flosser out of this list. Like other Waterpik products, this water flosser is ADA accepted to give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a product tested for quality and safety. Moreover, it is waterproof, meaning you can confidently use it in the shower because water will not damage it. Another feature that makes this unit earn a coveted place in this list is the adjustable pressure setting that ranges from 45 – 75 PSI. There are also 3 water flossing tips and 2 pressure modes that make this unit preferred by many. The flosser does not require charging and, instead, uses 3AA batteries, which is very much convenient.
- Can be used anywhere including in the bathroom
- Pressure is good; not too powerful or too weak
- The high mode works well
- Portable and fits the bathroom counter perfectly
- The price is not exaggerated despite the performance
- The battery life is pretty short
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Water Tooth Flosser
There is a lot to look for when choosing a water tooth flosser. And in this buyer’s guide, we have listed those features we believe will help you make up your mind when it comes to choosing the best water tooth flosser.
- Water Tank Capacity
Do not choose a dental flosser with an overly large water tank. This is because you are a likely to take longer refilling the tank. Also, don’t go for a unit with a small water tank that will not let you floss even for a minute. Instead, buy a dental flosser that has a water tank with the right size; neither too big nor too small.
- The Size of the Flosser
Most modern water tooth flossers are compactly sized to fit anywhere. They have the right size that does not take up much space on the bathroom counter. Well, you should only consider such flossers because bigger units are likely to take up a lot of space let alone being bulky and too heavy to handle.
- Portability of the Flosser
It is important to floss your teeth regularly. And to achieve that, you need a portable unit that you can carry anywhere. Therefore, make sure that the tooth flosser you are about to buy is rechargeable or comes with batteries. It should also be compact and able to disassemble easily for effortless transportation.
- The Number of Nozzles
If you are buying a water tooth flosser for yourself, you may not be bothered so much by the number of nozzles. However, if you are buying a water tooth flosser for the entire family, consider the number of nozzles. That means if you have a large family, you should go for a water tooth flosser with several nozzles.
- Pressure Range
All water tooth flossers have adjustable pressure settings. Nevertheless, you should not overlook this feature when choosing a flosser. This is because you may end up with a unit whose pressure ranges are undesirable for your needs. So, to avoid this, make sure you look at the pressure ranges keenly and then choose a unit you believe will work for you whether the pressure is at the highest or lowest mode.
Apart from a toothbrush, you should have a water tooth flosser. These units help a lot as far as bettering your oral hygiene is concerned. They remove plaque, thereby, preventing it from building up and causing a number of oral complications. Furthermore, water tooth flossers are affordable and easy to use; hence, you should not have an excuse for not buying one.