One of the most common or frequently asked question is whether or not one can go from VGA to HDMI. Well, you can definitely go from VGA to HDMI only with the help of a converter. It is essential to pass the VGA signal through that converter which will change VGA video signal and convert it into digital signals. Then it can be sent through a HDMI cable.
There are many such converters available in the market right now. But not all are efficient and capable enough to provide the best result. So, to make it easier for you to spot and buy the best one, here are the top 10 best converter cables that can help you to convert from VGA to HDMI:
- 1. FitTek VGA to HDMI Converter Cable
- 2. Rankie HDMI to VGA Adapter
- 3. VicTsing Gold-Plated VGA to HDMI Converter
- 4. VicTsing HDMI to VGA Converter
- 5. GANA VGA to HDMI Converter
- 6. VicTsing VGA to HDMI Converter
- 7. Cable Matters VGA to HDMI Coverter
- 8. Cable Matters Active HDMI to VGA Converter
- 9. GANA VGA to HDMI Converter
- 10. Brisk Links VGA to HDMI Converter
1. FitTek VGA to HDMI Converter Cable
This is one of the best converters that allow you to seamlessly convert VGA videos to HDMI devices like HDTV, TV, PC and Laptop etc. Even it coverts and stream contents from laptop, PC and HDTV etc. to VGA display devices like projectors and old monitors. It supports great resolution up to 1080p full HD. The best part is that it comes with an additional USB port or cable for providing additional power option for Retina display and MacBook Pro.
- Widely compatible with many devices
- Gold-plated connectors with anti-corrosion feature
- Supports full HD resolution of 1080p along with 720p
- Comes with audio port
- The length of the cord is short
2. Rankie HDMI to VGA Adapter
This is a portable and lightweight VGA to HDMI adapter that can connect HDMI compatible devices to a VGA enabled device. It also comes with a built-in active IC chip which can really improve the compatibility of the converter. It supports high resolution that can support up to 1920×1080 i.e. Full HD 1080p. It can also support 720p and 1600×1200 for the HD monitors and projectors. Its compatibility matches with all types of desktop, laptop, Ultrabook and notebook.
- Completely resistant to corrosion.
- Highly compatible with all types of devices
- Comes with micro-USB for additional power
- Supports high resolution full HD videos
- Doesn’t resize the video automatically
3. VicTsing Gold-Plated VGA to HDMI Converter
This is a complete unique designed, ultra-mini VGA to HDMI converter that can convert videos from VGA to HDMI. It also comes with an advanced Integrated Circuit chip that actively converts digital signals of HDMI to the VGA signal. Also, the gold plated interface provides the cable with complete resistance against any kind of corrosion or abrasion. Is compatibility matches with many devices ranging from different types of TV sets to laptop and Raspberry Pi.
- Unique design for easy portability
- Built-in active IC chip improves the conversion quality
- Support full HD 1080p resolution
- It doesn’t work with Sony and Apple devices
4. VicTsing HDMI to VGA Converter
This VGA to HDMI and vice versa converter is one of the best converters available in the market right now. It also comes with a 3.5 mm audio port that can transport the audio along with the video. The micro-USB which attached with this converter offers additional power for the devices that have low-power output. It supports high resolutions with a maximum of 1920×1080 Full HD resolution. The connector is plated with gold which can resist the corrosion as well as provides rigidity.
- Comes with an inbuilt IC chip for converting the signals
- Supports Full HD resolutions including 1080p and 720p
- Compatible with laptop, apple TV, HDTV and camcorders.
- It doesn’t supports the HDCP copyright contents like PS3, PS4 and Blu-ray Discs
5. GANA VGA to HDMI Converter
If you are looking for a high performance VGA to HDMI portable converter, then this is the one. It can successfully convert the analog signal to digital signal. The transmission rate is 6.75 GBPS which is quite high. It also supports some high resolutions like 1080p. It is high compatible with many devices and it is extremely easy to use. There is no need for any setup. You can plug and use without installing any drivers.
- Convenient to port from one place to another and use.
- Support 12 bit per channel and uncompressed 2 channel audio
- Compatible with wide range of devices
- Though the converter support VGA to HDMI, vice versa is not supported here
6. VicTsing VGA to HDMI Converter
This converter is an amazing one that converts the VGA analog signals to the HDMI digital signal easily. It supports high resolution videos up to 1920×1200 i.e. 1080p full HD. You can enjoy wonderful signal transmission with the help of this. The best part is the advanced chip that can even work under 20 to 65 degrees. The user-friendly design is of great convenience to use and carry. The gold-plated interface is completely resistant to corrosion or abrasion.
- Supports high-resolution video
- Compatible with laptop, PC, TV etc.
- Resistant to corrosion and abrasion
- Only suitable for the devices with VGA interface
- Cannot convert HDMI signal to VGA signal
7. Cable Matters VGA to HDMI Coverter
This VGA to HDMI adapter is really a great one available in market. It can be connected with desktop or laptop with VGA port to an HDTV, projector or any device with HDMI input. It supports a full HD 1080p video along with many other resolutions. So, you have to find one that works perfect in your devices. It also comes with an audio support with an integrated USB cable. The superior construction provides better durability. The gold-plated connector is complete resistant to corrosion.
- Durable and sturdy construction supported with audio
- Compatible with many devices with VGA port and HDMI input
- Converts the signal efficiently
- May not be able to work on copyrighted devices
8. Cable Matters Active HDMI to VGA Converter
It is a portable adapter than can be connected with the computer, tablet, laptop or any other devices with a HDMI port to device having VGA port. It is very much compatible with almost all types of devices including classroom projectors. It comes with a built-in IC chip that improves the compatibility with the devices. This is the perfect solution to connect the older displays with VGA ports to some newest TVs and computers.
- Compatible with tablets, computers, Kano computer kit, Apple TV, Raspberry Pi Kit, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Doesn’t require any external driver or software to run
- Light in weight so that it can be carried anywhere
- Devices like Blu-ray players or DVD players are not supported
9. GANA VGA to HDMI Converter
This is high performance VGA to HDMI converting adapter. It can efficiently convert the analog signals to the digital signal at a high rate of transmission (6.75 GBPS). It supports a high resolution of 1080p with full HD quality output. It can support 12 bit per channel with deep color and 2 uncompressed channel audio. This is great converter which is quite easy to use. You can simply use it by plugging it.
- No driver is required to use it
- powered by USB power cable
- Supports high resolution video
- It cannot convert HDMI to VGA
10. Brisk Links VGA to HDMI Converter
This USB converter can effectively converts the VGA signals to HDMI signals along with audio. It supports resolutions like 720p, 1080i and 1080p. It also supports audio function for the HDMI TV and monitors. It is powered by USB port where you can plug and play. This VGA to HDMI 1080p HD converter is supported in the devices running on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Very easy to use
- Supports high resolution videos
- Bonus of high speed HDMI cable of 6 feet is included
- This converter may not be able to work on selected devices
So, these are the top 10 best VGA to HDMI converters available in the market right now. If you are looking for one, then make sure to buy one of these. Of course, before you buy one make sure it fulfill the needs and requirements that you are looking for. Not all converters are supported on every device that you have. The aforementioned converters are the best-in-class ones with different features and compatibility. Thus, you need to select the converter which is compatible with the devices that you have and want to use with this converter.