The best way to protect your motorhome from harsh weather conditions is to cover it with a travel trailer cover. Made of mostly polypropylene, travel trailer covers offer maximum protection against snow, rain, dust, and even wind. The polypropylene fabric used is waterproof, and, therefore, no water will pass through it. At the same time, it is breathable to ensure that there is no mold or mildew buildup. This means travel trailer covers will not just protect your RV but also will keep it clean.
Covers for trailers come in many different sizes. But this does not mean you will walk into the market and find one just waiting for you. That being said, we have taken it upon ourselves to ensure that you are able to find the best travel trailer cover without struggling so much. So, go ahead and check out what we have prepared for you.
- 1. Classic Accessories PolyPRO 3 Trailer Cover (73163)
- 2. ADCO 52245 Gray Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 3. Classic Accessories PermaPRO Travel Trailer Cover
- 4. Classic Accessories PolyPRO 1 Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 5. Leader Accessories Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 6. Classic Accessories PolyPro 3 Trailer Cover (80-295-153101-RT)
- 7. Classic Accessories Polypropylene Tent Trailer Cover (74403)
- 8. Camco ULTRAGuard Class C/Travel Trailer Cover (45743)
- 9. Covercraft Gray Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 10. Covercraft ADCO 74843 Lot Cover for Travel Trailer RV
1. Classic Accessories PolyPRO 3 Trailer Cover (73163)
The reason why we are recommending this travel trailer cover for you is that it is a product of Classic Accessories. This means when you buy it, you are not just buying a product but also you are buying peace of mind. Its top is made of a triple-ply non-woven polypropylene fabric to enable it to offer extra protection against extreme weather conditions. Its sides, on the other hand, are designed with a single-ply PolyPRO 3 fabric to ensure optimum breathability. Also, this travel trailer cover has an air vent system that reduces wind stress as well as helping minimize inside moisture and buildup of mildew. It will fit your RV perfectly; thanks to its front and rear tension panels and elasticized hem corners.
- Holds up well to strong wind
- Works and fits great
- Goes on quickly and effortlessly
- Great quality for the price
- Has straps that are really helpful
- Seems to rip easily, especially when used to directly cover sharp points
2. ADCO 52245 Gray Travel Trailer RV Cover
There are several things that will make you go for this travel trailer RV cover. And its length, which ranges from 28’7” – 31’6” is definitely one of them. This length enables the travel trailer RV cover to accommodate all types of front ends, air conditioners, extra tall & regular height walls, and slide outs & ladders. It is a high functioning travel trailer RV cover that is designed for moderate climates that have high moisture. Its sides are made of triple layer designer polypropylene, while its top panel is made of a triple layer SFS Aquashed fabric. Ideally, the sides display a contemporary aesthetic that is only unique to the manufacturer. This travel trailer cover comes with a 2-year warranty to let you buy with unwavering confidence.
- Goes on fairly easy with two people
- Protects trailers from elements
- Offers a good and snug fit
- Comes with a bag for easy storage
- Classy and looks beautiful
- The quality is not the best
3. Classic Accessories PermaPRO Travel Trailer Cover
Ripstop fabric is one of the strongest fabrics you will ever come across. Well, the fact that this travel trailer cover is made out of it means the cover is more than ready to stand up to any kind of weather. Although the fabric is strong, it is surprisingly lightweight and even has tension strength to reduce chances of tearing. Besides, this travel trailer cover has a built-in undercarriage strap system with five connection points on each side. The cover also features a weighted toss bag that eliminates crawling under the RV in the name of installing the cover. To enable the cover to reduce wind stress and inside moisture, the manufacturer has included an air vent system.
- Comes with a zippered storage bag
- Fits differently sized trailers really well
- Light and easy to handle
- Holds up very nicely
- The company stands behind their warranty
- Has a lot of adjustments
- Instructions are a little misleading
4. Classic Accessories PolyPRO 1 Travel Trailer RV Cover
Your RV should not be damaged by moderate weather, scratches or dust. This is because there is the Classic Accessories PolyPRO 1 Travel Trailer RV Cover. It measures 118 inches from ground to the roof. Ideally, it promises to fit trailers that are up to 20 feet long. Apart from the admirable size, this travel trailer RV cover is made of a strong yet lightweight PolyPRO 1 fabric. The fabric repels water, and it is not scratch paint. This means the cover will last really long, making sure that you are able to utilize it for a pretty long time. Despite repelling water, the fabric is breathable enough to reduce the buildup of mildew and mold. This cover fits tightly, and this is because it has elasticized bottom corners.
- Offers great protection against sun rays
- The price is affordable
- The material is durable and very nice
- Fits great and as expected
- Available in many different sizes
- A little hard to put on the trailer
5. Leader Accessories Travel Trailer RV Cover
Leader Accessories has been making outdoor leisure enthusiasts happy by providing them with quality materials. And this time around, they are the proud manufacturer of this travel trailer RV cover. The cover is backed by a 2-year warranty, which is enough proof that it is quality. Additionally, it is equipped with several zippered panels to allow you to access the RV doors and engine areas quickly and with much ease. It also features front & rear tension panels that are adjustable and combine well with elasticized hem corners to offer a custom fit. Plus it has an air vent system that reduces wind stress and vent inside moisture. Its sides are made of a single-ply fabric while the top is made of a thick, triple-ply fabric to protect against mildew, sun, and snow.
- The construction is sturdy
- The zip door is really helpful
- The material used is breathable
- Has plenty of tie down and adjustment straps
- Straps are well made
- Seems to tear easily
6. Classic Accessories PolyPro 3 Trailer Cover (80-295-153101-RT)
Classic Accessories products are hands down some of the best products you are yet to come across. That’s why we have included this fiberglass camping trailer cover on these reviews. It is backed by a 3-year limited warranty, and this shows that it is quality. What’s more, this trailer cover is well made, with the top part featuring a triple-ply fabric and the sides featuring a single-ply fabric. That being said, this cover will provide all-season protection for your RV. It also features side release buckles and straps with a couple of connection points on each side to help keep it secure. The toss bag, which the manufacturer provides, ensures that crawling under the RV is greatly reduced. This cover will fit your trailer perfectly, considering that it has elasticized hem corners.
- The top material seems durable
- Straps underneath to give a good fit
- Zippers are of nice quality
- Great value for the price
- Very lightweight; hence, easy to install
- The sides are not strong enough
7. Classic Accessories Polypropylene Tent Trailer Cover (74403)
Light yet strong, the Classic Accessories Polypropylene Tent Trailer Cover (74403) is exactly what you should use to cover your RV. It offers the perfect blend of value, strength, and protection to make sure you are satisfied with the results. Ideally, it is made of a single layer of PolyPro 1 fabric, which repels water as well as providing protection against scratches and dirt. This trailer cover has a universal size that fits all folding camping trailers including models that are extra wide. Its bottom corners are elasticized to give a tight fit. When you are not using this trailer cover, you can store it in the included storage bag. The two-year limited warranty protects it from defects and workmanship.
- Very light and easy to put on
- Protects the pop-up well
- Fits very nicely and snugly
- Holds up well to frequent abuse
- The sides have hooks
- Keeps the camper clean
- Easy to put on the trailer and take off
- The material is not the best
8. Camco ULTRAGuard Class C/Travel Trailer Cover (45743)
The Camco ULTRAGuard Class C/Travel Trailer Cover (45743) is designed to offer reliable protection for Class C/Travel Trailer when it is not in use. With that said, the cover is made of a heavy-duty polypropylene fabric. This means it offers maximum protection against elements. Moreover, this cover features vented flaps, which help reduce wind lofting as well as inside moisture. It also has a fully breathable design to make sure that mold and mildew do not grow over time. Since this cover is for outdoor use, the manufacturer has made sure that its interlocking seams are really tough. Plus there is an integrated hold-down system, which adjusts on its own to give the best results. This cover fits a 28-foot Class C/Travel Trailer RV and measures 108 inches high by 102 inches wide.
- Easy to put on and take off
- Fits great and looks nice
- Well designed and serves its purpose well
- Comes with a ladder cover and storage bag
- Blends nicely with a forested setting
- Instructions are a little off
9. Covercraft Gray Travel Trailer RV Cover
Covercraft has been around for more than 50 years. And this is owed to the fact that they produce top quality products like this gray travel trailer RV cover. This cover is designed to fit travel trailer RVs that are between 20’1” – 22’. That being said, it can be relied on by more than a few outdoorsmen, given that most trailers are within this size. The cover also features rain gutter covers that protect it from damage, which is caused by gutters. As if that’s not enough, it has straps and a buckle system, which are positioned on the back and front to secure and keep it tight. The cover is made of a multi-polypropylene material, which is breathable, and, at the same time, very strong.
- Fit and work well
- The material used is really good
- The straps seem to be good quality
- Does not take a lot of effort to put on
- Great value for the price
- The size is bigger than expected
10. Covercraft ADCO 74843 Lot Cover for Travel Trailer RV
What makes this travel trailer cover provide a reliable performance is the long-lasting 4-layer polypropylene fabric. It enables the travel trailer cover to withstand anything the environment throws at it. Also, we are impressed with the fact that this travel trailer cover has CAM buckles that secure straps in place to help prevent slippage. The patent-pending slip-seam strapping system cinches this travel trailer cover tight on all the four bottom corners, thereby, helping prevent wind penetration. The cover comes with a storage bag and gutter protectors to further improve its performance. It is designed to fit travel trailers that measure between 24’1” and 26’. Besides, this cover comes with a 2-year warranty to protect against defects and workmanship. It works great and we are certain that it will be a great buy.
- Durable and very easy to use
- Comes with attached straps to provide a snug fit
- Great quality for the price
- Protects trailers from the wind, snow, and rain
- The manufacturer seems friendly
- Seems a bit big
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Travel Trailer Cover
You really want a travel trailer cover, but you have your doubts about whether you will be able to land the best one at a friendly price. Well, we say that you have come to the right place. This is because, in this section, we shall provide you with the factors to consider when choosing a cover for your RV.
- The Purpose
The purpose is simply what you intend to use the cover for you. Therefore, to make sure that you are choosing a cover that will serve its purpose as expected, check the climate of the area you live in. This means if where you live is extremely cold, go for a travel trailer cover that is adapted to protect against snow. Ideally, go for a cover that offers protection against rain if you live in a rainy area or harmful UV rays if you live in a sunny area.
- The Size
A travel trailer cover works best if it can fit snugly. This is because it literally leaves no space for elements to get in and damage your motorhome. With that said, ensure that you know the measurements of your RV, and then use these measurements to choose a travel trailer cover.
- The Fit
Apart from the size, there are other factors/features, which help enhance the fit. Some of these features include elasticized hem bottom corners and adjustable straps. Therefore, make sure that the travel trailer cover you plan to buy has these features.
- The Material
The material of a cover plays a huge role in its performance. So, if you want a high performing travel trailer cover, ensure that it is made of the best quality material like polypropylene. Well, one main reason why you should choose a travel trailer cover made of polypropylene is that polypropylene is durable and waterproof. It will, therefore, protect your RV from all eleents.
- The Convenience of the Cover
One thing most people overlook when buying a travel trailer cover is the ease of installation. Therefore, unless you want to take ages putting the cover on your RV, go for a travel trailer cover that promises to goes on effortlessly. Also, make sure that the cover is very easy to take off when you need to use your camper.
- The Cost of the Cover
There are a lot of travel trailer covers that are affordable. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you should not set a budget. That being said, know what you want and at what price. In the above reviews, we have provided covers with different prices but same great quality to make sure there is something for everyone.
We know that you are in dire need of a top quality travel trailer cover. That’s why we have researched and then compiled the best travel trailer covers. We have also backed our compilation with an engaging piece of buyer’s guide to ensure that you have full information about travel trailer covers.