Most laptops are expensive, therefore, the first thing you would do when you buy them is to make sure they are protected. This is because they are very delicate; hence, can easily be damaged by scratches, falls, and impacts. The moment when your laptop is really vulnerable to damage is when you are traveling. Characterized by movement and extreme elements, traveling is one of the main factors that can shorten the lifespan of your laptop. It is during this period that your laptop is likely to fall or even get scratched by sharp objects.
However, this should not make you fear traveling with your laptop, as the market now has top quality travel laptop backpacks. Specially designed for storing laptops during travel, laptop backpacks have padded compartments that protect laptops from shock and impacts. Most of them are also water-resistant, and, therefore, will not let your laptop get damaged by the rain or water splash.
How to choose the Best Travel Laptop Backpack
If you always use your laptop on the go, we are sure that travel laptop backpacks are a must-have. But how do you know that this particular backpack is the best and the other one is not? Well, we have an answer; simply consider a buyer’s guide before purchase. And one of these buyer’s guide is right in front of you. So, let’s get started.
- The Size of the Laptop Compartment
Choose a laptop backpack whose laptop compartment will suit the size of your laptop. That means go for a backpack with a large compartment if you have a large-sized laptop and small one if you have a small-sized laptop. Do not buy a backpack whose compartments are not designed for your laptop because this will cause a lot of inconveniences.
- The Size of the Backpack
Apart from the laptop, you may want to keep other essentials. It is, therefore, important that you be keen on the size of the backpack you are set to buy. If you have several essentials, go for backpacks with relatively many compartments. Well, this will help you avoid buying a backpack that is too small to accommodate all the basic items.
- Water-resistant Backpack
Saying that the weather is unpredictable is an understatement. Sometimes it can start raining from nowhere, and this can be very frustrating if your laptop backpack is not waterproof. So, to avoid that, make sure your laptop backpack has a water-resistant lining or made of a weatherproof material that prevents rainwater and splashes from reaching and damaging the laptop.
- The Weight of the Backpack
Since you will be using your backpack to travel, it is advisable to go for a lightweight brand. Such brands ensure that the only thing you need to deal with is the weight of your belongings and not their weight. They are weightless, and, therefore, you will not feel any discomfort even when you carry them for quite a long time.
- The Material Used
You are buying a travel laptop backpack to use outdoors, where there are sharp twigs and branches, which can scratch it let alone adverse elements, which catalyzes wear and tear. With this in mind, try to go for a backpack that is strong enough to withstand anything the environment throws at it. Also, the material used to make your backpack should be ready to overcome endless heavy use. Some of the best materials you can consider are oxford, polyester, and premium nylon.
Top 10 Best Travel Laptop Backpack Reviews
It is not a guarantee that you will get the best product once you have read the above buyer’s guide. And this is because of the many different brands out there. So, to make sure you are in contention to getting a premium quality item, we bring you the following reviews.
- 1. MATEIN Grey Travel Laptop Backpack
- 2. YOREPEK Black Travel Laptop Backpack
- 3. SwissGear 1900 Scansmart TSA Laptop Backpack
- 4. KAUKKO Laptop Outdoor Backpack
- 5. Sosoon Black Laptop Backpack
- 6. Hynes Eagle 40L Carry On Travel Backpack
- 7. Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks
- 8. AMBOR Business Laptop Backpack
- 9. Kenox Mens Large Vintage Backpack
- 10. KAKA Black Water Resistant Laptop Backpack
1. MATEIN Grey Travel Laptop Backpack
Built with convenience in mind, the MATEIN Grey Travel Laptop Backpack has a functional compartment that can hold 15.6” laptop or 15”, 14”, and 13” MacBook/laptop. Since laptops are somewhat heavy, this backpack has adjustable and breathable straps that relieve stress from the shoulder. It also has a foam padded carry handle to let you carry it with your hands for a pretty long time. Another feature that adds comfort to this backpack is the comfortable airflow back design, which features thick yet soft multi-panel ventilated padding. Besides, the backpack boasts a hidden anti-theft pocket on the back to help keep your valuable items where thieves cannot easily access them. It is water-resistant; therefore, expect it to keep your expensive laptop free from water damage.
- Lots of storage pockets and spaces
- Holds up to 15.6-inch laptops
- Can keep daily necessities and tech electronic accessories
- Offers maximum back support
- Relieves the stress of shoulders
- Has a new backpack smell. But this always goes away with each use
2. YOREPEK Black Travel Laptop Backpack
The YOREPEK Black Travel Laptop Backpack is so strong that the manufacturer has backed it by a 1-year warranty. The backpack has a separate laptop compartment that holds many different sizes of MacBooks and laptops. To be precise, it can hold 13”, 13.3”, 14”, 15”, 15.6”, 17”, and up to 17.3” laptops and MacBooks. This backpack is also TSA friendly, and, therefore, you will be able to use it for airline travel. Furthermore, you can use it daily for schooling or even use it to carry your camping gear, considering its large capacity and multipurpose performance. As opposed to other brands, this backpack is equipped with an external micro-USB port that features a set-in charging cable to let you charge your cell phone conveniently.
- TSA friendly; hence, will not cause any inconvenience
- Ideal for many different activities
- Provides convenient charging for your cellphone
- Can be kept at whatever size you require
- The fabric is waterproof for maximum protection
- The stitching should be improved.
3. SwissGear 1900 Scansmart TSA Laptop Backpack
It is important to keep your laptop in a sturdy backpack like the SwissGear 1900 Scansmart TSA Laptop Backpack. This is because it will provide maximum protection to your laptop. The backpack has a large compartment that measures 17-by-12.5-by-2.5 inches, and this makes it perfect to store various sizes of laptops. It also comes equipped with ScanSmart lay-flat technology that protects laptops up to 17 inches. You will find the long-lasting weatherproof 1200D ballistic polyester handy, especially if you are economic-minded. This is because it enables the laptop backpack to stand up to harsh outdoor conditions and heavy use, thereby, lasting longer. Ideally, the manufacturer of this backpack has not forgotten the much-needed comfort. They have equipped the padded back panel with Airflow ventilation technology for optimum comfort and support.
- Easily withstands heavy use and harsh conditions
- Protects up to a 17-inch laptop
- Opens quickly at airport security
- Offers maximum comfort and better support
- The main compartment is roomy
- Perfect for long trips
- Zippers could be better
4. KAUKKO Laptop Outdoor Backpack
If you have a 15.6-inch laptop, the KAUKKO Laptop Outdoor Backpack is the luggage for you. It measures around 11.9 inches long by 6.2 inches wide by 18.5 inches high and has a capacity of 22.4L to let you keep nearly all your belongings besides your laptop. Its 2 inside pockets and 2 side pockets are handy for keeping iPad, wallet, notebook, pen, folders, books, and even umbrella. The backpack also features padded straps that can be adjusted from 45 – 90 cm. And this means you will be able to tighten and loosen these straps easily to match your needs. Other features include fashionable nylon lining for added style; protective padded design for all-day carry, and padded back for a comfortable wear.
- Softer and more comfortable
- Roomy with several pockets
- Looks stylish and nice
- Keeps belongings safe and secure
- Great for long-distant trips
- It has water bottle pockets for added convenience
- Has an odor when it first arrives
5. Sosoon Black Laptop Backpack
No one likes to overspend, and that’s why the Sosoon Black Laptop Backpack is loved by many. The manufacturer has made us believe that not all best travel laptop backpacks are expensive. Despite its decent price, this backpack will no doubt get the job done. Its main compartment features a padded sleeve to let you keep your laptop secure. The main compartment is also large enough to accommodate up to 15.6” laptops. Moreover, this laptop boasts an innovative weight balance design that will make you feel 20% to 25% less weight. Its hidden zipper and invisible pockets will make sure that your laptop and other valuable items cannot be spotted by thieves. For this reason, you will travel with peace of mind knowing that no one can get away with your belongings.
- Made of ultra-strong material
- Allows you to conveniently charge your phone
- Offers plenty of cushioned comfort
- Works well for business traveling and outdoor activities
- Fits for all group of individuals
- The USB charging port needs improvement
6. Hynes Eagle 40L Carry On Travel Backpack
Convenience matters and that’s why we will feel happy when you buy the Hynes Eagle 40L Carry On Travel Backpack. Unlike most backpacks, the Hynes Eagle Backpack is a carry-on backpack. And this means you can either carry it on your back with the aid of straps or carry it, like a briefcase, with your hands. Besides, it has two front compact compartments, which fit up to 15.6-inch laptops and still leave a space for small necessities. Its adjustable compression strap and thicken top handle will make sure you are comfortable throughout. The price of this backpack is neither too high nor low; hence, you should not have problems buying it. It promises to safely keep your laptops not just from outdoor elements but also from the bad guys.
- Height can be adjusted to meet your needs
- Converts from a duffel into a backpack within a cinch
- Has a lot of space and looks nice
- Stands up to harsh conditions well
- Color options are many
- Straps could be better
7. Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks
Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks are known for their unrivaled simplicity. They are made by a thoughtful manufacturer that has given them a low profile to enable them to keep your laptops safe as well as perfectly matching your outfit. In addition, they are available in many different colors including black, grey, purple, black grey, grey 2, and grey without USB to let you choose a color that you find suitable. Another good reason why we love these backpacks is the fact that their durable nylon fabric is water-repellant to keep water at bay. We also love its built-in USB charger that allows you to charge your smartphone without having to take out your power bank. Our final words about these backpacks are that you should go for them, especially if you love trendy products.
- Has up to 17 slots for unrivaled organization
- Looks simple and sleek
- All zippers can be locked for maximum security
- Keeps laptops safe and secure
- The front pocket is useful
- The backpack is a little heavy
8. AMBOR Business Laptop Backpack
If you value quality and you are on a budget, the AMBOR Business Laptop Backpack is for you. It is made of a durable yet eco-friendly nylon fabric to enable it to stand up to the rigors of everyday use without causing a threat to the environment. Additionally, this backpack comes with a high functioning compartment that can hold up to a 15.6-inch laptop. Plus it boasts an ergonomic design, which works hand in hand with 2 “S” curve padded shoulder straps to give you the comfort you need. Similar to other high performing backpacks, this particular brand is equipped with anti-theft design technology that deters thieves from accessing and getting away with your belongings. We are sure you will love this backpack.
- Lightweight; hence, very easy to carry
- Allows you to listen to music hands-free
- Good for travel, work, and school
- Has lots of compartments for convenience
- Looks modern and stylish
- The combination lock is useful
- Comes with a strong fabric smell
9. Kenox Mens Large Vintage Backpack
Your 15-inch laptop deserves better, and that’s where the Kenox Mens Large Vintage Backpack comes into play. Made with a stretchy pouch lining, this backpack provides enough space to securely keep your laptop or tablet. The backpack also features two open pockets, which are perfect for keeping such small things as Altoids. Plus it has a zipper pocket, which is large enough to hold several small items. Its vintage design matches with most men’s style, and you will really like it for this. Also, it displays a quality canvas fabric, which makes it perfect for any event including mountaineering, hiking, camping, travel, and even schooling. In general, this backpack is made for men who value style and quality. Plus it makes a great purchase for anyone on a budget.
- Great for mountaineering, travel, school, and hiking etc
- Has up to 4 different compartments
- Looks fashionable and unique
- Does not show dirt
- Accommodates many different belongings
- Has amazing back padding
- It is smaller compared to other backpacks
10. KAKA Black Water Resistant Laptop Backpack
Measuring 13 inches long by 18 inches high by 7 inches wide, the KAKA Black Water Resistant Laptop Backpack promises to hold up to a 17-inch laptop. And it is not just the laptop that it is designed to hold but also it is made to provide a good storage solution for other essential items such as clothes, pens, phone, wallet, and more. Yes, it is spacious enough to help you keep your belongings organized during travel. Besides, the backpack is designed to last forever, considering that it is made of a strong waterproof oxford material. You will, therefore, use it with full confidence knowing that it is strong enough to stand up to any extreme use. The manufacturer has backed it with a risk-free money-back guarantee because they know that you will be impressed by both the backpack’s quality and performance.
- Great for business, office, and school
- The fabric is waterproof to keep the laptop from the rain
- Looks stylish and modern
- The back and straps are well padded
- Compartments are nice and roomy
- Could be better if it were big enough
Travel laptop backpacks are worth buying if you like carrying your laptop during travel. With them, you will be able to keep your laptop secure from outdoor elements and even safe from thieves. But we want to make sure that when you decide to make an order on Amazon, you are getting nothing but the best backpack. That’s why we have written this article. Well, we hope you will find it handy.