You never know when a fishing opportunity might present itself. That’s why you need a telescopic fishing rod. These fishing tools are better than traditional fishing rods, especially when it comes to portability. They are collapsible for easy storage and transportation. Needless to say, you can effortlessly carry them in your car trunk, backpack or the included carry bag (if any) for those quick impromptu fishing trips. Most telescopic fishing rods come with everything needed for fishing, so you can use them right out of the box. They are easy to use, and, therefore, great for beginners, intermediate, and experts. Our top 10 best telescopic fishing rods reviews take you through the best models on the market today. Take a look.
- 1. PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod with Reel Combo
- 2. Sougayilang Telescopic Ultralight Fishing Rod
- 3. Eagle Claw Pack-It Spin Combo Telescopic Rod, PK56TS (1 Piece)
- 4. PLUSINNO Kids Light and Portable Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 5. TROUTBOY Black Warrior Fishing Rod
- 6. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rods
- 7. Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
- 8. Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod for Trolling Surf Casting
- 9. OUTLIFE Fishing Tackle Kit with Spinning Rod Reel Combos
- 10. Zebco 6-Feet 33 Telecast Combo
1. PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod with Reel Combo
This combo comes in two categories, which include a full kit with carrier case and fishing rod + reel but no lure and lines. The full kit with carrier case has such items as fishing lures, fishing line, fishing reel, fishing rod, and a carrier bag. The other set includes a fishing rod and a fishing reel. Because each set has a different number of pieces, expect their prices to vary. The fishing rod is telescopic; hence, you will be able to carry it with ease when you are going for a fishing adventure as well as when you have come from one. Its EVA Fore Grip is super comfortable, so you can hold it for long hours without fatigue. Moreover, its Hooded Reel Seat is not just constructed with durable stainless steel but also it is anti-seawater corrosion for long-lasting performance.
- The customer service is very helpful
- The included reel is very smooth
- The price range is pocket-friendly
- The kit fits most backpacks
- Telescopes out to make fishing a breeze
- The eyes do not hold up well
2. Sougayilang Telescopic Ultralight Fishing Rod
Most anglers find this telescopic fishing rod irresistible because it telescopes out completely for convenient use and collapses after use to make storage a breeze. Also, it comes with a worry-free 1-year warranty to give you confidence in using it knowing that the manufacturer will help you out should you have an issue with it (the fishing rod). Its high-performance Reel Seat boasts anti-corrosion CNC machined aluminum construction, so it can provide you with years of hassle-free use. Besides, the fishing rod comes with 3-point welded guides that are made of stainless steel and feature ceramic inserts, which are for use with mono or braided fishing line. The ceramic inserts also help provide power control and resistance to corrosion, which is likely to be caused by fishing in saltwater. The fishing rod delivers great power and sensitivity, given that it is constructed with E-Glass composite and 24 Ton carbon fiber.
- Comes with a cover that is very useful
- The size is great for quick impromptu fishing
- Very easy to set up
- Feels really good in the hand
- Customer service delivers when it matters
- Not the sturdiest
3. Eagle Claw Pack-It Spin Combo Telescopic Rod, PK56TS (1 Piece)
Impulsive fishing trips need such fishing rods as the Eagle Claw PK56TS. It is a go-anywhere telescopic fishing rod that you can easily store in the trunk or behind your seat for those unplanned fishing adventures. It is a 5-section spinning rod that extends up to 5’6” to provide you with exceptional results. It is made of lightweight yet long-lasting fiberglass, which has wired framed ceramic guides as well as a cork/EVA handle. Well, this design means you will fish for long hours without fatigue or discomfort. The fishing rod also features a reversible 10 reel, which comes pre-loaded with line not to mention featuring a quick-fold handle for effortless storage. Use this innovative fishing rod for freshwater fishing and bass fishing. It is great for beginners, intermediate, and experts.
- Seems to hold up well
- The price is surprisingly affordable
- Very light for easy use
- Easy to pack after use
- Makes a stunning addition to camping gear
- Does not break very easily
- The reel is not the best
4. PLUSINNO Kids Light and Portable Telescopic Fishing Rod
This kit comes complete with a spincast reel, telescopic fishing rod, line and fishing tackle. It provides kids with all the accessories to make sure they have hours of angling fun. It is no doubt the best tool to introduce your little one to a wonderful world of fishing. The rod is 3.94 feet long and weighs just 2.2 ounces, so you can kid can have the easiest time handling it. Furthermore, the rod boasts a telescopic design that makes it easy to carry and store. Fishing is a great outdoor activity that becomes even better when every member of the family takes part in. That’s why we recommend the PLUSINNO Kids Telescopic Fishing Rod for your kids. It is available in a variety of sizes and colors to choose from.
- Makes a great gift for kids
- Kids find it interesting to use
- Compact, and, therefore, easy to carry in a backpack
- Works well for trout fishing and panfishing
- Very light in weight for easy use
- The reel seems to break easily
5. TROUTBOY Black Warrior Fishing Rod
Anglers who have used this telescopic fishing rod agree that it is one of the best. It comes complete with a spincast reel and a free spare graphite spool to make your fishing experiences unforgettable. The spinning reel has the latest and unique main body design, so it can deliver outstanding results on a consistent basis. The spool, on the other hand, is made of strong T6 double anodized aluminum to provide lightweight performance. The fishing rod also features 13+1 double shielded stainless steel ball bearings to improve smoothness and precision. Considering how it is designed, this telescopic fishing rod can be used by anyone regardless of the skill level. It is perfect for trout, salmon, and bass fishing. What’s more, this fishing rod is backed by a full 6-month worry-free warranty, which protects against defects and poor workmanship.
- The customer service is excellent
- The pole arrives well packaged
- It looks and feels great
- The quality is outstanding
- The price is inexpensive
- Easy to extend and easily stays in the extended position
- The grip is not very comfortable
6. KastKing Blackhawk II Telescopic Fishing Rods
One telescopic fishing rod is all you need to enjoy your fishing trips. The KastKing Blackhawk II delivers 1-performance in a 6-piece telescopic rod design. The rods come equipped with multiple floating line guides that improve casting performance, eliminate flat or dead spot, as well as delivering a consistent and smooth taper. Moreover, these rods boast snug-fit ferrules that deliver full-length power transition not to mention allowing the rods to work and feel like a 1-piece rod. In addition to being easy to travel with, these fishing rods will save you valuable fishing time, given that you can leave the line through the guides and the reel on the fishing rod. You can also leave the whole piece fully rigged with all knots in place. The components of these rods include reel seats, guides, Saf-T hook keeper and super comfortable EVA handles.
- They snug up on the rod taper to ensure a secure fit
- The floating line guides are exceptional
- The carbon fiber improves sensitivity
- The customer service puts customer satisfaction first
- The gold trimming looks beautiful
- The tip breaks easily, but this does not affect the performance
7. Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
Sougayilang was established to spread the joy of fishing across the globe. They provide all kinds of fishing gear, lines, lures, reels, and fishing rods, among others. Their fishing rod and reel combos come in two varieties; a full kit (includes the rod, reel, line, lures, and accessories) and fishing rod+reel (includes one fishing rod and one fishing reel). Regardless of what you choose, it should get the job done. The fishing rod from either set is highly sensitive, strong, and light to give you the best ever results on a fishing trip. It features a pole that is made of high-density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass to make it perfectly elastic. It also has anti-seawater corrosion stainless steel reel seats. And its EVA Fore Grip makes it really comfortable, so you can use it for an extended period.
- Fits easily in a backpack or trunk
- The telescopic design improves portability
- The reel handle can be switched to whichever side you like
- Takes seconds to set up
- The reel is super smooth
- The pole does not seem strong enough
8. Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod for Trolling Surf Casting
The Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod comes in various sizes and lengths for freshwater bass trout fishing, inshore fishing or saltwater fishing. It is lightweight and portable enough to fit in a car trunk, boat or backpack. This means you will be able to easily carry it to your favorite fishing spot. It comes equipped with 3-point welded stainless steel guides that feature ceramic inserts for use with mono or braided fishing line. It also features a reel seat that is made of anti-corrosion CNC machined aluminum for unrivaled durability. It is made of E-Glass composite and 24 ton carbon fiber, so it can deliver great sensitivity and power. Since it is telescopic, this fishing rod can be used anywhere at any time. And this means it should be a frontier for you if you are a traveling angler.
- Casts perfectly and holds up well
- Lures are easy to change
- Great for large-mouth and small-mouth bass fishing
- Very easy to use
- Looks beautiful and feels super well made
- May come with some issues, but the manufacturer always resolves them
9. OUTLIFE Fishing Tackle Kit with Spinning Rod Reel Combos
Those unplanned fishing adventures need a reliable tool like the OUTLIFE Fishing Tackle Kit. The kit comes with a scratch-resistant nylon travel bag to allow for optimum portability. Furthermore, this kit has all the accessories needed for fishing. They include a fishing rod pole, a spinning reel, a 100M fishing line, travel bag, and one case of accessories such as line connectors, various lures, and a hook. The telescopic rod pole is extremely durable, given that it is made of hard carbon fiber. It also boasts an ergonomic handle, which makes it more comfortable and easier to fish with. In addition, it is ultralight and collapses, so you can effortlessly fit it in a car trunk, backpack or boat hatch. It is available in two different sizes; 2.1M and 2.4M.
- Comes with all the essential accessories for fishing
- The reel is nice
- Has great flex; neither too soft nor too stiff
- Extremely sturdy and looks great
- Light in weight and easy to store
- Not suitable for a professional fisherman
10. Zebco 6-Feet 33 Telecast Combo
Last but not least, there is the Zebco 6-Feet 33 Telecast Combo, which is doing just fine. It has a lightweight graphite frame with rubber knobs and metal handle to deliver the best performance ever. This fishing combo also features a built-in hook holder, which hides the hook point not to mention being accessible from either side of the reel. Another stunning feature is the Micro Fine Drag that offers accurate and more precise adjustability. Plus there is a new Gear Train, which offers better durability and a smoother feel, thereby, incorporating better bearing support to improve the feel and retrieve while offering quieter and smoother performance. The rod is 6ft long; hence, it has just the perfect length for an angler of any skill level.
- Perfect for everyday fishing in the lake
- Collapses nicely for easy storage
- The reel casts very smooth
- Works great in both saltwater and freshwater
- The combo is easy to use
- The tip of the rod is very thin; hence, would break if not handled with extra care
Telescopic fishing rods can effortlessly be carried to any place. This is because they retract when they are not in use for quick, easy storage. And when you want to use them, simply expand the pole. They work well for freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, inshore fishing, and more. Well, this is because they are perfectly made with such durable materials as hard carbon fiber, aluminum, fiberglass etc.