Although sulfates are meant to be used as detergents for cleaning hair of grime or dirt, they can cause dryness and stripping of hair, especially if the hair is keratin-treated, color-treated or suffering from extreme dandruff. Well, sulfates are probably safe for some people but if they tend to cause irritations and other problems to you, it is high time you consider using sulfate free dandruff shampoos. As their name suggests, these shampoos do not contain sulfates. They are mostly made of natural ingredients such as green tea extract, jojoba, and argan, among others. As such, they are very safe for hair and skin. Without further ado, here are the top 10 best sulfate free dandruff shampoos reviews.
- 1. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo for Anti Dandruff
- 2. Maple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- 3. Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Hair
- 4. Honeydew Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Kids
- 5. Puriya Sulfate Free Anti Dandruff Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil
- 6. KICK Powerful Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Men & Women, 250ml – 17.75 ounces
- 7. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set (2 x 16 Fl Oz/473ml)
- 8. Tree to Tub Moisturizing Shampoo for Sensitive Skin
- 9. Honeydew Sulfate Free Tea Tree Shampoo for Women & Men
- 10. pHat 5.5 Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set
1. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo for Anti Dandruff
If you have an itchy and flaky scalp, then it is time to try out this high-performance sulfate-free dandruff shampoo. It is an anti-dandruff hair treatment that gets rid of a flaky or itchy scalp by cleansing gently to remove dirt, oil, and dry skin. By so doing, the shampoo offers itchy scalp relief and ensures healthy hair growth. This shampoo also revives dull dry hair by intensifying shine and luster. Its formula contains Peach Kernel, Jojoba, and Moroccan Argan Oil. The three combine to replenish moisture as well as to restore vibrancy. Another benefit you will enjoy when you have this shampoo is improved hair texture. This sulfate-free dandruff treatment nourishes to reduce static and frizz, thereby, making hair smoother and softer. Moreover, this treatment is great for all hair types.
- Perfect for those who have problems with dandruff or dry, itchy scalp
- Does not stink like most brands
- Has a fresh, herb-like smell
- Keeps hair clean, very soft, and manageable
- The formula consists of a lot of natural ingredients
- The bottle could be larger, but for the price, you can’t complain much
2. Maple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
Let’s tell you one secret. If you want to get beautiful hair, then your scalp must be in good, healthy conditions. And one way to have a healthy scalp is to use premium quality products like the Maple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. It is a scientifically formulated anti-dandruff shampoo that will bring relief to your dry, itchy, flaky and irritated scalp. Its formula consists of antibacterial essential oils, and this enables it to soothe and care for your hair in several ways. Some of the ingredients the shampoo contains are Jojoba Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil, Argan Oil, and Provitamin B5. The shampoo calms the scalp, stimulates hair growth, and keeps hair cool. It will also rebalance and reinvigorate your hair by clarifying, hydrating, and strengthening it from root to tip.
- The smell is very pleasant
- Appears to deliver results quickly
- Leaves hair moisturized, soft, and manageable
- Perfect for those struggling with severe scalp
- Not irritating and makes the scalp feel very clean
- The packaging could be better; some customers have complained about receiving products that are leaking.
3. Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Hair
Maple Holistics have designed this sulfate-free dandruff shampoo and conditioner to give you lightweight and luminous locks. The shampoo is gentle and will wonderfully protect your hair from dandruff. It also offers flaking and itching relief. Given its safe formula, this shampoo is perfect for those with sensitive skin. Ideally, both the shampoo and conditioner contain pure tea tree essential oil, which is sulfate-free, silicone-free, and paraben-free. They are made in the USA and come with a 100-percent return policy for worry-free buying. The anti-dandruff conditioner boosts volume to leave behind fine, thin hair. The ingredients used to make these two hair care products are jojoba oil, green tea extract, organic pomegranate, sea buckthorn, argan oil, and hibiscus. That being said, these two have antibacterial and antioxidant properties that soothe scalp and repair hair.
- They leave scalp feeling healthy
- They leave hair stronger and healthier as well
- The conditioner and shampoo do not leave a strong smell on the hair
- The conditioner offers therapeutic benefits
- The package comes with application instruction
- The smell is not the greatest
4. Honeydew Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Kids
The Honeydew Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Kids is a nice purchase for parents looking to get their kids sulfate-free dandruff shampoo. It has a nurturing hypoallergenic formula that is developed for kids. The formula contains mild ingredients and nourishes, cleans, and protects damaged and dry hair. At the same time, it offers effective anti-dandruff properties to naturally improve scalp health as well as to reduce dandruff and flaking. In addition, this product is manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility in the United States which exceeds all standards set by GMP. It is effective, natural, and made just for kids. Well, this will give you peace of mind knowing that you are not exposing your youngster to chemicals in the name of getting rid of dandruff. What’s more, the kids’ shampoo comes with a 100-percent money-back guarantee for great user experience.
- Smells wonderful and helps with dry scalp
- Feels good on the head
- Gets rid of dandruff as advertised
- A little goes a long way
- Leaves hair clean and free of tangles
- Stings the eyes; therefore, extra care is needed when using it on your kid’s hair
5. Puriya Sulfate Free Anti Dandruff Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil
You should consider the Puriya Sulfate Free Anti Dandruff Shampoo as your number hair care product because it is made in the USA, created with naturally-derived ingredients, pH balanced and gentle on hair and scalp, and does not contain harmful chemicals like paraben, synthetic fragrances, sulfate or sodium chloride. Some of the ingredients this anti-dandruff shampoo is made of are Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary, Sage, and Arnica. These ingredients contain potent antifungal properties, which effectively stop flaking and itching. The ingredients work wonderfully, making sure that results are noticed after just a few applications. Besides, this anti-dandruff shampoo comes with a 180-day money-back guarantee to prove to you that it is of great quality and the manufacturer believes in it. It is perfect for men, women, kids, and even pets.
- The conditioner is effective
- All the products smell amazing and are gentle
- The package is worth the price
- The customer service is exceptional
- Great for those suffering from Seborrheic dermatitis/eczema
- The conditioner does not squeeze out of the bottle easily
6. KICK Powerful Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Men & Women, 250ml – 17.75 ounces
Movers, shakers, and athletes will fall in love with this product at first sight. Its formula consists of 11 powerful, pure, and ultra-potent botanical ingredients that improve scalp health and restore optimal hair. The package consists of two of these products; one made of peppermint and the other made of tea tree. The two products also have other ingredients such as Rosemary, Aloe Vera, and Eucalyptus. Well, it is evident that these products contain 100-percent natural ingredients; hence, will not irritate your skin in any way. No parabens, SLS/sulfates or any other dangerous chemicals to worry about. To further prove to you that these products are safe and of great quality, the manufacturer provides a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. If you have unmanageable, dried out hair, look no further than these anti-dandruff hair care products.
- Keeps hair in place
- Prevents hair from drying out
- The package arrives in great condition and well sealed
- The bottles look cool
- The price is fair
- The product does a great job of moisturizing the scalp
- Very strong smelling
7. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set (2 x 16 Fl Oz/473ml)
ArtNaturals know that everyone likes sulfate-free dandruff shampoo. That’s why they have formulated these particular products with 100-percent tea tree essential oil. They are natural shampoos that do not contain sulfate or paraben. What’s more, they come with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee to give you peace of mind knowing that you will only use what you are interested in. They are formulated to serve you in a number of ways. That being said, this shampoo and conditioner set will get rid of dandruff and itchiness to leave you with healthy hair. The borage oil combines with watercress extract to keep your scalp moisturized as well as to prevent it from drying out. The shampoo clears out dead skin cells from hair follicles, thereby, stimulating new hair growth.
- Both the shampoo and conditioner contain doctor-recommended ingredients
- The conditioner gives a clean, fresh, tingly feeling
- Great for treating and preventing head lice
- The set leaves hair soft
- They lather very well
- The smell is not the best, but the set works as advertised
8. Tree to Tub Moisturizing Shampoo for Sensitive Skin
Most manufacturers of hair care products focus too much on hair that they totally forget the skin. Tree to Tub is not one of them, as it strives to produce a premium moisturizing shampoo that will prevent your scalp from drying and keep your hair soft. The shampoo uses wild Soapberry; Mother Nature’s organic lather. This means it will give you exactly what you want; smooth shiny hair with moisturized skin to match. Ideally, the manufacturer understands that just like the skin, hair needs to maintain an acidic pH of 5.5. Well, that’s where saponin-rich soapberry comes in handy. It cleans hair while moisturizing the skin. Other ingredients this shampoo for sensitive skin contains are Aloe Vera, Organic Argan Oil, Chamomile, and Olive Leaves. The lavender shampoo does not contain silicone, sulfates, SLS, gluten or any other dangerous substance.
- Smells great and makes hair manageable
- A little goes a long way
- Comes with welcoming and introductory email
- Leaves hair shiny and clean
- Supports a fuller look
- The price is a bit on the higher side
9. Honeydew Sulfate Free Tea Tree Shampoo for Women & Men
What we like about this sulfate free dandruff shampoo is that it is made in a facility that exceeds cGMP standards. We also like the fact that this tea tree shampoo is formulated for women and men and comes with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Besides, the shampoo is great for all hair types including thick hair, fine hair, wavy hair, straight hair, and curly hair. It is a natural shampoo that has anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. It purifies the scalp and helps promote healthy hair follicles to ensure quick and healthy hair growth. Its formula contains 100-percent tea tree oil, jojoba, and rosemary essential oil. These ingredients blend and work in harmony to fight itchiness, dandruff, hair loss, and flaking. We are certain you will love this shampoo for hair.
- A little goes a long way
- Leaves hair feeling clean and fresh
- Leaves hair dandruff free
- The smell is pleasant and not overpowering
- Great for seborrheic dermatitis
- Keeps hair conditioned and moisturized
- Does not lather as shampoo normally does, but gets the job done
10. pHat 5.5 Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set
With almost 3 decades of experience in cosmetics, pHat 5.5 has seen what works and what doesn’t. It is dedicated to providing its customers with the best in skin and hair care. Well, most people love its products because they work by getting to the root of the problem. And this sulfate free shampoo and conditioner set is one of those products. It consists of organic and natural ingredients that are gentle enough to make sure you do not suffer from reactions as a result of using it. As the name of the manufacturer goes, this sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner set will maintain your natural pH balance, thereby, helping you restore your natural hair as well as scalping moisture and oil levels. What’s more, this set deeply moisturizes the scalp to prevent it from being itchy.
- The shampoo washes clean
- The conditioner leaves the hair soft
- Free of sulfate and paraben
- The set gets rid of itching or bumps
- The smell of both shampoo and conditioner is great
- A bit expensive for the quantity
Sulfate-free dandruff shampoos may be more expensive than other hair treatments with sulfates. However, they are worth the price, considering their versatility and effectiveness. They are versatile in the sense that they do not just eliminate dandruff but also keep hair moisturized, smooth, and manageable. Get yours now and see what you have been missing!