Sieving, straining or sifting is part and parcel of food preparation. But with a wrong strainer, you are likely to become frustrated with the results you will get. Apart from letting bits of food slip through the mesh, a bad strainer is likely to have a flimsy handle that will come off should you try to sieve weighty ingredients. That’s why it is crucial to consider a premium quality strainer like a stainless steel strainer.
As its name suggests, a stainless steel strainer is made of stainless steel, and this means it is more durable than strainers made of plastic or other materials. As a result, it will hold up well to everyday use, making sure that you don’t have any problem sifting or straining ingredients. Stainless steel also does not rust or corrode not to mention the fact that it helps improve the appearance of strainers. Well, based on the benefits of stainless steel, we think it is fair to only consider strainers made of the material. And that’s why we urge you to go through the following top 10 best stainless steel strainers reviews.
- 1. Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
- 2. Kitchenismo Stainless Steel Strainer (Set of 3)
- 3. IPOW Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (Set of 3)
- 4. KUKPO Stainless Steel Strainer (9 Inch Diameter)
- 5. LiveFresh Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (7-5/8 Inch)
- 6. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (Set of 3)
- 7. Bellemain Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
- 8. Yummy Kitchenware Fine Mesh Strainer
- 9. U.S. Kitchen Supply Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
- 10. Kitchen Basix Stainless Steel Strainer (Set of 3)
1. Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Strainers have all the reasons to be the first on our list. They deliver superior drainage to give you exceptional results. We have also considered them as the first because they are highly versatile. And this is owed to the fact that they come in a set of 3. Better yet, these strainers are sized differently (3-1/8”, 5-1/2”, and 7-7/8”), so they can further make your work easier. You will be able to use them for sifting and straining both wet and dry ingredients. Because they are made by a reputable manufacturer in Cuisinart, expect the stainless steel used to design them to remain rust-free for a pretty long time. Cuisinart provides a lifetime limited warranty to prove to you that these strainers are quality.
- Very cheap and feels sturdy
- The mesh works well
- Perfect for draining food and sifting dry ingredients
- The varying sizes are helpful
- Dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning
- The larger strainer is a little flimsy
2. Kitchenismo Stainless Steel Strainer (Set of 3)
It is almost impossible to hear a customer say that they will never buy these stainless steel strainers again. This is because the set works great to constantly remind you why you chose it over other strainers. It includes three strainers with different sizes (3.35”, 5.5”, and 7.88”) to let you use it for different kitchen tasks. Furthermore, each of these strainers is made of premium quality stainless steel that will not warp due to high heat or rust when washed. The construction is durable, and, therefore, makes these strainers reliable. Once you have done washing these strainers, you can stack them together for easy storage. In addition, their long handles are not just easy to hold but also will let you hang them on your kitchen wall.
- Give professional kitchen appearance when hung
- Safe in the dishwasher
- The smallest strainer fits perfectly over a drinking glass
- The three sizes are perfect
- Hold up nicely to everyday use
- Could be better with a fine mesh
3. IPOW Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (Set of 3)
We think that the upgrades IPOW have done on this stainless steel strainer set are worth a round of applause. The manufacturer has made each of these three strainers with a sturdier stainless steel material than the previous materials. They have made sure that the material they have used this time around does not corrode. What’s more, they have increased the thickness of mesh and handle connection; hence, do not expect the handle to break while you are in the middle of sifting an ingredient. The smallest strainer of this set measures 2.75 inches; therefore, it is perfect for use as a tea strainer or coffee strainer. The second strainer is medium and measures 4.72”, meaning it is ideal for sifting thick and clumpy dry ingredients. And the largest one measures 7”, and, therefore, it is perfect for sifting any quantity of dry ingredients.
- Handles and lip projections are stable
- Mesh does not collapse because the steel is firm
- The price is good and quality is great
- Versatile and safe in the dishwasher
- Strainers strain spices perfectly
- A little shallower than older models
4. KUKPO Stainless Steel Strainer (9 Inch Diameter)
At no point will KUKPO fail to give you a premium quality product. That’s why we have zero problems including this double mesh strainer in these reviews. The strainer is crafted to help you prepare food with much ease; thus, we believe that you should have it. It is constructed with stainless steel, and, therefore, will not rust or corrode. In addition, its handle is very easy to hold and even features a tight grip to ensure that anything you put on stays in the steel strainer and does not drip down the sink. The fine double mesh is 9” in diameter and features a tight weave to let you strain all liquids twice for a smooth result.
- Handles the volume and weight of ingredients beautifully
- Versatile and super easy to use
- Quinoa does not get stuck
- The long handle keeps hands protected from hot liquids
- The loop handle is helpful
- The handle seems a little thin
5. LiveFresh Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (7-5/8 Inch)
Sometimes the name of a company can tell you whether their products are quality. And we are happy that LiveFresh is one of those companies. Its stainless steel strainer colander has a professional quality 7-5/8-inch diameter to give you lifetime performance. This means you will be able to use it year in year out. The strainer does not rust or corrode because it is made of steel. Therefore, it will keep on looking new and professional in your kitchen even after several years of use. Well, it is not just its construction that is sturdy; its twilled mesh is tough and sturdy as well. For this reason, expect it to maintain its form even when you have just sieved weighty ingredients.
- The handle is comfortable
- Well constructed and sturdy
- The mesh size is perfect
- Ideal for rinsing quinoa
- Cleanup is a breeze
- Great kitchen gift for the arthritic
- Not the biggest stainless steel strainer on the market
6. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Strainer Colander (Set of 3)
Customers have been praising this particular product. So, the last thing we could have done is to skip it. The set has a 2.75-inch small strainer, which is perfect for straining tea/coffee or sifting flour, spices or sugar. It also has a 4.72-inch strainer, which is ideal for sifting thick and clumpy dry ingredients such as ground oatmeal, baby cereals, spices, and salt, among others. Also, there is a 7-inch strainer for sifting any quantity of dry ingredients like ground coffee beans, cocoa powder, confectioner’s icing, sugar, and more. Each of these strainers is made of durable and premium quality stainless steel that will not rust, corrode, warp or bend. The stainless steel makes these strainers heavy-duty tools with greater flexibility and strong build for superior performance.
- The price is competitive
- Sturdy, shiny, and bright
- Great for both wet and dry applications
- Holds up well to everyday use
- The convenient design enhances easy cleaning
- A little smaller than expected
7. Bellemain Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
Bellemain has used the best twill-weave design to make these strainers. For this reason, they guarantee you more fine mesh that will let you strain and sift effortlessly. With the fine mesh, these strainers will allow you to strain everything from pasta to quinoa. They will also let you sift everything from coffee to powdered sugar. Each of them is 100-percent dishwasher-friendly and made of the highest-gauge and thick stainless steel for lifetime performance. The sturdy construction enables the three strainers to withstand weights of even the heaviest ingredients. It is also resistant to breaking, bending, scratching, and rusting. As such, expect these strainers to remain reliable year in year out. Because the manufacturer is certain of the sturdy construction and performance, they have backed these strainers with a lifetime “no strain” warranty.
- Seem well built and look nice
- Great for sifting flour and straining lumps from a gravy
- Mesh baskets are much stronger
- Can be used to wash fruits like strawberries and blueberries
- Light and have great sizes
- The handle of the smallest strainer is a little off
8. Yummy Kitchenware Fine Mesh Strainer
Many users of stainless steel strainers will tell you that their handles do break after just a short while. Luckily, that is not the case with the Yummy Kitchenware Fine Mesh Strainer. Yummy has put enough effort on the handle of this strainer, making sure that it is very sturdy. They have also included strong rivets to further improve the toughness of the handle. With all these, the handle of this strainer will not bend because of the weight of the food. Of course, it is not just the strong handles that warrant this strainer a place in these reviews but also we like its fine mesh. Well, the fine mesh will not allow bits of food like pasta or rice to slip through, making sure that you end up with the best results.
- Functional, well made, and looks pretty
- Mesh is quality and, perhaps, the finest on the market
- The rim is well sealed
- Perfect for washing fruits and vegetables
- The size is perfect; big enough
- The handle digs into the skin a bit, thereby, causing discomfort. But this is minor.
9. U.S. Kitchen Supply Stainless Steel Strainers (Set of 3)
The fact that these stainless steel strainers are made in the U.S. means you should expect good quality. They are made by a company, which understands that customers need the best products to deliver the best results without trying too hard. Therefore, the manufacturer has made these strainers with stainless steel. This means the strainers are durable and ready to offer resilient everyday performance. The stainless steel construction also looks shiny, and, therefore, improves the aesthetic appearance of these strainers. Besides, these strainers are available in a set of 3, where the smallest measures 4 inches and is good for straining tea or coffee; the medium measures 5.5 inches and is perfect for thick, clumpy dry ingredients, and the largest measures 8 inches and is great for sifting any quantity of dry ingredients.
- The set contains up to 3 strainers
- Strainers are differently sized
- Well made and sturdy
- Versatile for optimum convenience
- Easy to clean and have fine mesh
- Food tends to get between the two layers; however, strainers are easy to clean.
10. Kitchen Basix Stainless Steel Strainer (Set of 3)
Customers who have personally used this strainer set have agreed that it is one of the best on the market. And we only review the best of the best. That’s why it is here! The stainless steel strainer set is backed by a lifetime warranty, and this is enough proof that it is quality. But if you are not yet convinced, then consider the commercial-grade stainless steel construction. Durable and dishwasher-friendly, the stainless steel construction makes the set a must-have for domestic or commercial kitchens. Now you are convinced concerning the durability of this unit, right? Ideally, things do not stop here, as strainers in this set boast a convenient design that makes them easy to hold and use. Moreover, they have fine mesh for quick draining of liquid.
- Sturdy and well made
- Prongs on the bottom are helpful
- Strainers make the kitchen more professional
- A great gift for an average cook
- Strainers are perfectly sized
- The manufacturer should weld the handle properly
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Stainless Steel Strainer
Many people have rushed to the market to buy a stainless steel strainer. But they have been unfortunate not to get the best product. Luckily, that is unlikely to happen to you, as we have unveiled the following factors to consider before purchasing a stainless steel strainer.
- Choose a Set if Possible
A set of stainless steel strainer normally has 3 pieces of strainers. And these pieces are always differently sized. That means a simple set will have a small strainer, medium strainer, and large strainer. For this reason, you will have a strainer for straining coffee or tea as well as a strainer for sifting dry ingredients. Well, this is much more convenient.
- Fine Mesh
A good stainless steel strainer should have a fine mesh because such meshes deliver the best performance. They ensure that bits of food do not slip through. Ideally, fine mesh is easy to clean because particles do not stick like in the case of a standard mesh.
- Handle Comfort
The handle plays a key role in the performance of a strainer; hence, it is imperative that it be comfortable. A comfortable handle will let you enjoy using the stainless steel strainer since it will not cause any pain in the hand. It will let you wash fruits and vegetables, sift flour, or strain coffee with much ease. For this reason, look for strainers with long and wide handles.
- The Durability
Not all stainless steel strainers are durable. Therefore, you should check the craftsmanship of a strainer you are set to buy. Check at how the handle has been welded and make sure that it is strong enough to remain steady even when you are sifting weighty ingredients. Also, check whether the mesh can hold its form at all times.
- The Depth of the Strainer
If you have a lot to sift, you should consider a strainer that is deep enough. This is because a shallow strainer may not manage to hold all the ingredients. It will, therefore, fail to sift as expected. Ideally, while choosing a strainer based on the depth, make sure you do not choose one that is overly deep, as they may be difficult to clean.
A strainer is one of the most overlooked kitchenware pieces despite being very handy. They make food preparation much easier, considering their versatility and performance. However, not all strainers deliver the same level of performance; some are better than others. That’s why we have come up with the above reviews and buyer’s guide. We hope that you found it helpful.