Everyone likes it when their tools and accessories are well organized and within easy reach. This helps promote convenience, which, in turn, allows you to have an easy time at the work site. While there are numerous ways to store and organize your tools, parts, and accessories, the use of a portable tool box is proving to be the most reliable and arguably the best. Well, portable tool boxes are specially designed for storing tools in an organized and convenient manner.
They have handles and wheels, which make them easy to move from place to place. A good number of them also have numerous compartments and drawers so they can accommodate all of your tools. If you are a technician, contractor, electrician or DIYer, a portable tool box is a must-have. But before you decide to go for one, we advise that you have a look at our top 10 best portable tool boxes reviews.
- 1. Keter Masterloader Portable Tool Box
- 2. Stalwart Heavy Duty Rolling Toolbox
- 3. Stanley STST18613 Rolling Workshop
- 4. BOSTITCH Rolling Tool Box (BTST19802)
- 5. DEWALT DWST08204 Extra Large System Case
- 6. Stanley 037025H Mobile Chest (50 Gallon)
- 7. Trinity 3-in-1 Suitcase Toolbox
- 8. DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Box
- 9. Best Choice Products Portable Tool Storage Box
- 10. Stanley 1-79-206 Rolling Workshop
1. Keter Masterloader Portable Tool Box
Keter is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers in the world. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that they are behind the Keter Masterloader Portable Tool Box. Well, this unit keeps tools in an organized manner, thereby, making sure you are able to get them as quickly as possible. The portable tool box measures 14.88 inches wide by 24.25 inches deep by 16.34 inches high and weighs 66.15 pounds. It is affordably priced and sturdy enough to provide you with a reliable place to store your tools. The solid construction makes it quite weighty, but this does not mean you will not be able to move it from one place to another. The compact size and wheels improve the portability of this tool box. When opened, the tool box measures 24.25 inches long by 16.34 inches high by 41.7 inches wide, and when it’s opened and the handle extended, the tool box measures 24.25 inches long by 16.34 inches high by 47.24 inches wide. It is crucial to note that the tool box is not waterproof; hence, should not be left outdoors.
- Organized interior: It maximizes the amount of available space.
- Tool divider: It ensures effortless compartmentalization of tools.
- Ball-bearing sliders: They allow full spread accessibility.
- Extendable handle: Makes rolling the tool box a breeze.
- Central locking mechanism: It promotes security.
- Sharp colors: They enhance the industrial aesthetic.
- Polypropylene resin construction: It is sturdy and resistant to chemical as well as fading.
- The divider is removable for convenience
- Holds cleaners, brushes, lubricants, and tools well
- Looks well made
- Stores a lot of items
- Handles are sturdy and wheels roll smoothly
- Can be used anywhere at any time
- The latch is not that great
2. Stalwart Heavy Duty Rolling Toolbox
The overall dimensions of this portable tool box are 17.5 inches long by 10 inches wide by 24.5 inches high. The wheels, on the other hand, are 4.2 inches, meaning they are thick enough to conquer any terrain. Considering how this portable toolbox is made, it should be a frontier for you if you want to work on the go. It comes with a top storage compartment, bottom compartment, two removable trays, and a total of 24 small parts to provide you with plenty of space for storing your items. The top storage compartment measures 17.5 inches long by 7 inches wide by 9 inches deep, while the bottom compartment measures 16.25 inches wide by 9 inches long by 12.5 inches deep. We recommend this portable tool box because it is made one of the manufacturers that are dedicated to providing customers with great products to ensure 100-percent satisfaction. What’s more, this tool box is fairly priced; hence, you can get it even when you are on a budget.
- Cable hooks: They are great for holding tape rolls and other small supplies.
- Quality materials: The portable toolbox is made of metal and polypropylene.
- Rugged design: It keeps your power and hand tools safe and secure when you are moving around rough construction sites.
- Large wheels: They make the portable tool box easy to move around.
- Fold-down handle: It has a comfort grip to ensure that you have no issues pulling the tool box.
- Great for holding audio adapters
- The main storage space on the bottom is handy
- The folding tote handle is very convenient
- Ideal for organizing small bits and tools
- The design is excellent
- Not the best for a heavy-duty use
3. Stanley STST18613 Rolling Workshop
The Stanley STST18613 Rolling Workshop is designed for storing power tool accessories. Ideally, each of its parts is stand alone, meaning it will help promote the much-sought-after convenience. Whether you are a DIY enthusiast, plumber or electrician, this tool box is for you. It is loaded with numerous features, including a telescopic handle, removable tray, and front & side latches made of metal. These features make the rolling workshop easy and convenient to use. The 3-in-1 design means you can use this rolling workshop as a middle organizer, a top tool box or a large storage bin. The tool box measures 18.1 by 11.6 by 24.3 inches, and this means it will not take up much space when it is not in use. We are impressed with its versatility and convenience. The many customer reviews prove that it is a reliable tool box worth spending money on. Besides, this portable tool box is made in the USA, and it is used for Misc. power tool accessories and power tool accessories.
- Removable tray: It ensures larger space, so you can store larger tools underneath.
- Removable organizer: It is for keeping small parts organized.
- Telescopic handle: Helps you come up with customized handle lengths.
- Portable design: Makes it easy to transport or store the tool box.
- Large wheels: They make mobility quick and easy.
- Stand alone units: They promote convenience and help enhance the performance of the tool box.
- Side latches can be shut with/out organizers
- The tray is removable to create an extra space
- The handle is telescopic to suit various needs
- Holds a lot of tools
- The material feels durable
- The small parts organizer is somewhat difficult to access
4. BOSTITCH Rolling Tool Box (BTST19802)
Built with convenience in mind, the BOSTITCH Rolling Tool Box (BTST19802) can be separated into two parts, which are a bottom that has a drawer with ball bearing slides and a tool box that features a drawer with a ball bearing slide. Furthermore, this portable tool box is loaded with numerous features so you can get the most out of it. The price of this rolling tool box is a bit on the higher side compared to the portable tool boxes we have already reviewed. However, we are certain that it is worth it, given the features it has. It is a 2-in-1 storage unit that will meet all your storage needs. By so doing, this tool box ensures that you have an easy time carrying out your DIY projects. It is built with convenience in mind, and this is what makes it one of the best.
- 7-inch full rubber wheels: They make the tool box easy to roll.
- Heavy-duty ball bearing slides: They make moving the portable tool box super smooth.
- 70-pound load capacity: It enables the tool box to carry as many tools as possible.
- Two in one design: Allows you to use the tool box as a bottom bin with drawer with ball bearing slides or a tool box with drawer with ball bearing slide.
- Well made and very handy
- The bottom bin is great for keeping cables
- The open compartments in the back are ideal for storing bottles
- Drawers move smoothly and hold small tools/items nicely
- Easy to pull around
- Not the sturdiest on the market
5. DEWALT DWST08204 Extra Large System Case
You need to keep your tools and parts in a tough, durable tool box. And the DEWALT DWST08204 Extra Large System Case is the unit to go for. It is designed for technicians, contractors, and electricians who need to make sure their tools are within easy reach all the time. Furthermore, this portable tool box keeps tools in good condition. It has lots of features that make it very portable, and this means when you have it then, you will technically improve your productivity. Another selling point of this tool box is the fact that it is waterproof. This means your tools will be safe even when the tool box is rained on. The walls of the tool box boast a thickness of 4mm, and this makes them super durable as well as giving the box a robust structure.
- Sturdy construction: It enables the tool box to carry up to 110 pounds tools and parts.
- Central locking mechanism: It allows you to attach the unit to the carrier.
- Side latches: They make it easy to stack the unit to other ToughSystem units.
- Inner vertical storage: It is ideal for storing hand tools.
- Side handles: They allow you to carry the tool box from one place to another.
- Integrated water seal: It protects contents and promotes superior durability.
- Large capacity: It will meet all your storage needs i.e. it allows you to store as many tools as possible.
- Has a high weight capacity
- Holds nearly all kinds of tools
- Stores several tools, stationery, and other items
- Has several rooms for proper organization
- Protects content from adverse weather conditions
- Side handles feel a little flimsy when used to lift the fully-packed box
6. Stanley 037025H Mobile Chest (50 Gallon)
Durable, versatile and secure, the Stanley 037025H Mobile Chest should be a frontier for you. It is manufactured and distributed by Stanley; one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tools and parts. When assembled, it measures 34.25 inches deep by 20.47 inches wide by 18.9 inches high. Besides, this mobile chest has a handle that measures 15 inches. It is highly rated and has lots of customer reviews. Well, this means it is no doubt one of the highest quality tool boxes. Its handle has a soft grip that allows you to pull it for an extended period without being fatigued. In addition, the wheels are coated with rubber to help make the tool box easy to maneuver. The tool box comes with lock and keys to make sure your items are not just stored but also they are securely kept from potential theft.
- Enormous capacity: Allows you to store as many tools as possible.
- Heavy-duty wheels: They make mobility quick and easy.
- Large pull-out wide steel handle: It has a soft grip for effortless maneuverability.
- Lockable design: Makes sure the contents you are carrying are secure.
- Limited lifetime warranty: Protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Large metal latches: They are nickel-plated for optimum performance.
- Wide work surface: Enables you to carry out various tasks on top of the tool box. What’s more, it includes two 2” by 4” saw grooves.
- Perfect for keeping lawn equipment
- Sturdy enough to be used outdoors
- The size holds lots of items
- The tray inside keeps small items well
- The box is easy to move around
- The product could be better if dimensions were accurate
7. Trinity 3-in-1 Suitcase Toolbox
If you are looking for a unit to help you keep your tools organized at home or at work site, look no further than the Trinity 3-in-1 Suitcase Toolbox. This portable rolling tool storage comes equipped with features that make storage of tools and parts a breeze. These features include a telescoping handle and rubber wheels. They combine to increase the mobility of this tool box. The tool box also has two slide-out drawers and a bottom compartment. When assembled, it measures 22.75 inches wide by 14 inches deep by 38.5 inches high. Any makeup artist who is always on the move should consider this tool box. With it, you will have a perfect place to store your brushes, powders, and foundation. It will make your life convenient and even give you peace of mind knowing that all your items are neatly packed. Additionally, this tool box is well made and rust resistant. This means whichever conditions it is exposed to, it will withstand them. Best of all, the tool box is light in weight despite being incredibly sturdy. You can use it at home or at work.
- Telescoping handle: It makes maneuverability quick and easy.
- Rubber wheels: They are for optimum mobility.
- Bottom compartment: It offers extra storage capacity.
- Two slide-out drawers: They make it easy to access tools and accessories.
- Removable tray: Helps promote convenience and performance.
- Lock holes: They make it easy to lock the tool box.
- Stainless steel construction: It is durable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Roomy enough to keep several tools
- Can double up as an emergency cart
- Easy to store and access items
- Looks great in a room
- It is within an affordable range
- Handles and wheels make it portable
- The materials used could be better
8. DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Box
DEWALT is a reputable manufacturing company that produces top quality products at affordable prices. Well, one of these products is the DEWALT DWST17806 TSTAK VI Box, which is designed to help you store your tools in a more organized manner than ever before. The weight capacity of this tool box is 44 pounds, meaning it is fairly lightweight for maximum mobility. Another feature this box has is the stackable design that allows all units to stack on top of each other in order to save space. The box measures 17.6 inches long by 11.75 inches wide by 11.7 inches high, and it is innovative enough to meet all your storage needs. The box is also versatile in the sense that it can be used both for corded and cordless tools. DeWalt is reputable, and this means all the products it designs and produces are of great quality. Moreover, DeWalt does not put hefty price tags on its products. And that’s why most people like them (the products). Apart from the deep box, this unit is available in other styles like 2-drawer case, 4-wheel cart, and clear-lid organizer, among others.
- Limited lifetime warranty: Protects against original defects.
- Fixed dividers: They help organize drills and bits.
- Durable side latches: They enable you to stack all units underneath.
- Flexible platform: It allows for different compartments.
- Additional bi-material handle: It makes it easy and comfortable to lift the unit.
- Heavy-duty hinges: They are built for optimum durability.
- Removable tray: It allows you to access essential tools quickly and easily.
- Interior tray is removable to create more space
- All units can be stacked on top of each other
- The platform is flexible to allow different combinations
- The handle is heavy duty
- Tools are easy to find
- Drawers are a little shallow
9. Best Choice Products Portable Tool Storage Box
Store all of your tools and accessories in an organized manner with the Best Choice Products Portable Tool Storage Box. It is an innovative tool box that has numerous drawers to help you stay organized when you are at the work site. Its price point is no doubt greater than the prices of the tools we have reviewed so far. Nevertheless, this tool storage box is worth the price. First, it has innumerable pockets and second, its wheels are well thought out. Its combined dimensions are 23.5 inches long by 13 inches wide by 42.5 inches high, and its weight is up to 295 pounds. Well, compared to other tool boxes, this storage unit is heavier. But this is because of the solid craftsmanship. It will exceed your expectations with its excellent features and amazing quality. Its multiple storage drawers are three small drawers, two trays, three large drawers, and one big bottom cabinet. These drawers ensure that you never lack a place to store your items.
- Side handle: It allows you to easily move the unit from one place to another.
- 4 Omni-directional wheels: They make it easy to move the unit around.
- Lock and keys: They provide security when you are away.
- Foam material: It is in drawers and trays, and it helps absorb oil.
- Drawers and trays: They help keep your tools in place.
- 2-piece tool chests and cabinets: They enable you to use them together or separately.
- The foam material mat absorbs oil
- Useful for a weekend mechanic
- Can be bought as a gift for a loved one
- Keeps users organized
- Has up to 10 storage compartments
- Requires some assembly, though, there are instructions to make this a breeze.
10. Stanley 1-79-206 Rolling Workshop
Getting a top performing plastic tool box can be a herculean task, and that’s why Stanley is more than happy to bring you the 1-79-206 Rolling Workshop. It measures 86.6 by 48.8 by 34.8 cm and comes with everything you need to ensure optimum storage experience. Its wheels are fairly thick, given that they measure 780mm. Other features of this tool box are two drawers (which include a shallow drawer and a deep drawer), handle, and more. The handle can be lowered for easy storage. The tool box weighs 22.1 pounds, meaning it is light enough to carry around with ease. Because of its features, price, and build quality, this portable tool box will no doubt be a handy purchase. In fact, those who have used it before have been impressed with its performance.
- Aluminum telescopic back handle: It ensures quick and easy elevation.
- Heavy-duty 780mm wheels: They allow for easy on-site maneuverability.
- Detachable containers: They provide customized storage options.
- Better grips and locking mechanism: They enhance the performance of the unit.
- Heavy-duty ball bearing slides: They offer a quality drawer sliding system.
- Black appearance: It matches any industrial aesthetic.
- Bottom flip bin: It has a back pocket for keeping long tools.
- Moves quickly and smoothly
- Well constructed and sturdy
- Drawers pull out smoothly
- Stores installation tools perfectly
- Can be used in any setup e.g. hospital, home, office, worksite etc.
- Designed to fit into small spaces
- Much smaller than most boxes
Portable tool boxes have made work much easier. They are easy to move from place to place, and they offer a convenient way to keep tools organized. Best of all, a good number of them are within an affordable range, meaning getting a top quality one should be hassle-free. Wait no more and grab one from the above compilation!