A generator is a must-have for any household. And if you think that this is an understatement, go ahead and ask anyone who lived through Hurricane Matthew. There was a massive power outage and only those who had backup generators were less inconvenienced. Today, there are a lot of generators, but the ones that are getting everyone’s attention are portable home generators. Well, I bet such words as easy transportation and storage come to your mind whenever you hear the word portability.
You are right; these generators are easy to transport and compact enough to be stored in even the smallest spaces you have ever come across. Best of all, they do not sacrifice performance for portability, as they still remain one of the most versatile generators on the market. But not all portable generators have the same performance. That’s why we bring you the best ones in the following top 10 best portable home generators reviews.
- 1. Champion Power Equipment Portable Generator (76533)
- 2. Champion Power Equipment Portable Inverter Generator (75537i)
- 3. Honda 2000 Watt Portable Generator (EU2000I)
- 4. DuroStar Gas Powered Portable Generator (DS4000S)
- 5. PAXCESS 100-Watt Portable Generator
- 6. Generac Gas Powered Generator (6866 iQ2000)
- 7. Briggs & Stratton Portable Generator (30651 P2200)
- 8. WEN PowerPro Portable Generator (56101)
- 9. DuroMax Portable Generator (XP12000EH)
- 10. Westinghouse Portable Generator (WGen3600v)
1. Champion Power Equipment Portable Generator (76533)
This innovative model from Champion Power Equipment operates straight out of the box. Ideally, it boasts an electric start that helps enhance its performance. Plus it produces 4750 starting watts and 3420 running watts when it operates on gasoline.
- Handy battery: It makes Touch Start a breeze.
- Internal battery charger: It charges the battery while the generator runs.
- Multiple uses: The generator is perfect for RVs, as well as useful during power outages or other emergency situations.
- 3-year limited warranty: It protects against original defects.
- Quality household outlets: They are all secured by Volt Guard, so they can protect appliances from power surges.
- Several sizes: Give you the opportunity to choose a desirable size.
2. Champion Power Equipment Portable Inverter Generator (75537i)
If you are after versatility and convenience, then the Champion Power Equipment 75537i model should not miss out from your shopping cart. It has everything you need to make sure you enjoy an endless supply of power. Ideally, this generator is quiet and lightweight for 100-percent satisfaction.
- 3-year limited warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Key fob: It lets you start/stop your generator from as far as 80 feet.
- Convenient electric start: It has a 3-position ignition switch to help enhance its performance.
- Quick Touch Panel: It lets you access all controls in a single spot.
- Ultra-quiet operation: It makes the generator user-friendly.
- Versatile capability: The generator is perfect for tailgating, RVs, and home, among others.
3. Honda 2000 Watt Portable Generator (EU2000I)
Honda is more than happy to introduce to you a top quality portable home generator. Well, the unit is none other than the EU2000I model. It is a versatile generator that operates with less noise than normal conversation. Ideally, it offers exceptional fuel efficiency to make sure you are thrilled with your purchase.
- Several uses: The generator is perfect for use at home, in the office, camping, or on jobsite.
- Lightweight design: Makes it easy to transport the generator.
- Eco Throttle System: The model runs for up to 8.1 hours on one gallon of gas.
- Inverter technology: It enables the generator to deliver clean power despite its small design.
- Contemporary appearance: The model will perfectly blend with any modern fixtures.
4. DuroStar Gas Powered Portable Generator (DS4000S)
With up to 8 hours of run time, the DuroStar DS4000S model will provide you with endless power, making sure that you are not inconvenienced in any way. It comes loaded with features, and it is EPA approved for worry-free use.
- 4-gallon gas tank: When it is full, it allows the generator to operate for up to 8 hours.
- Heavy-duty steel frame: It enhances the durability of the unit.
- 4-point fully isolated motor mounts: They ensure a smooth, quiet operation.
- Circuit breaker: It protects the generator against power surges.
- Power outlets: They make work easier.
- Automatic low oil shut off: It enables the generator to shut off automatically when the oil level is low.
5. PAXCESS 100-Watt Portable Generator
The time to say goodbye to annoying inconveniences is now! And the PAXCESS 100-Watt Portable Generator is the unit to help you achieve that. It is ideal for keeping your devices charged up or running in the event there is a power outage, meaning it will perfectly suit your needs.
- Convenient functionality: The generator can easily be recharged via the sun, car or wall outlet.
- Battery bank: It can be completely charged in 8 hours to deliver exceptional results.
- Versatile functionality: The generator is perfect for camping, RV, emergencies, and more.
- LED display: It features an input meter and DC/AC/UPS output.
- 18-month warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
6. Generac Gas Powered Generator (6866 iQ2000)
Quieter and smarter, the Generac 6866 iQ2000 model will be handy in all aspects. It is an intelligently designed portable generator that boasts optimum performance and functionality. In addition, it is versatile; hence, you will find it perfect for tackling various projects.
- Digital inverter module: It converts the raw power from DC to AC power.
- Variable engine speed: The speed is determined by the electrical demand, and this greatly minimizes noise levels.
- Exclusive Powerbar: It not only monitors but also displays the wattage you are producing at the moment.
- Three operation modes: They include Standard, Turbo, and Economy Modes.
- Compact, lightweight design: It makes the generator easy to transport.
7. Briggs & Stratton Portable Generator (30651 P2200)
No one said you have to leave comfort and fun behind when you set off for an outdoor adventure. For this reason, all you need to do is to simply grab the Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 model, and voila! Everything is set.
- 24-month limited consumer warranty: It protects against original defects.
- H-handle design: It allows for easy carrying by one or two individuals.
- Versatile capability: The generator is perfect for tailgating, camping, and DIY projects.
- 1-gallon fuel tank: It holds enough fuel that lasts for up to 8 hours of continuous use.
- Parallel connector port: It allows you to connect between two units in order to get more power.
8. WEN PowerPro Portable Generator (56101)
One great thing about the WEN PowerPro Portable Generator (56101) is that it is EPA and CARB compliant. Well, this means you will be able to use it with peace of mind knowing you are using a certified product.
- 1-year limited warranty: It protects against original defects.
- Quiet exhaust system: It is certified for use in any forest or national park.
- Oil/gas mix fuel: Eliminates the need for oil changes.
- 1-gallon tank: It contains enough oil that can run for up to 5 hours.
- Lightweight design: Enhances optimum portability.
- Carrying handle: It makes it easy to move the generator.
- Four rubber pads: They make transportation a breeze.
9. DuroMax Portable Generator (XP12000EH)
If you hate inconveniences, you can start smiling, because the best home generator is now on the market! And it is none other than the DuroMax Portable Generator (XPI2000EH). This unit has it all, meaning you will enjoy a constant supply of power whenever there is a power outage. In addition, it boasts a 10-hour run time on gasoline and 20-hour run time on propane.
- Low oil shut-off: It protects the engine.
- Quiet muffler: It minimizes engine noise.
- Heavy-duty frame: It enhances superior durability.
- Four-point fully isolated motor mounts: They ensure smooth and quiet operation.
- Full power panel: It features a volt meter, circuit breaker, power outlets, and oil warning light.
10. Westinghouse Portable Generator (WGen3600v)
The WGen3600v portable generator is a dependable and easy-to-use unit that comes with numerous innovative features. Moreover, it is CSA, EPA, and CARB compliant to make sure you have no worry using it. The generator also has a long running time, and it is easy to start as well as maintain.
- 3-year warranty: Promotes worry-free buying experience.
- Four-gallon fuel tank: Enables the generator to run for up to 12 hours.
- OHV engine: It has an automatic low shutoff, which protects its main components from profound damages.
- Intuitive yellow touch points: They conveniently take you through the starting process.
- Hardened-steel frame: It has added roll bars that protect the fuel tank.
- Rubber outlet covers: They are durable and promote longevity.
Finally, the market has the best quality home portable generators! They are safe, smart, and portable to make sure you are 100-percent happy with your purchase. They are also affordable; hence, getting one should be as easy as ABC. Remember, all you have to do is to go through the above compilation.