Most people are starting to embrace weightlifting because it has a lot of health benefits. When you lift weights, you are not just losing weight but also you are toning as well as building your body muscles. It has also been proven that weightlifting helps improve breathing by expanding the lungs plus it helps strengthen the bones. However, to realize the benefits of weightlifting, you must do it regularly. And this is where owning a set of Olympic grip plates come in handy.
Olympic grip plates are affordable, and, therefore, they eliminate the need to go to the gym where you are likely to spend a lot in the long run or fail to maintain the much-needed consistency. Furthermore, most grip plates are versatile enough to be used for different exercises including adding weight to sit-ups, overhead tricep work, and low back extensions, among others. Take a look at our top 10 best Olympic grip plates reviews to get the best product at the right price.
- 1. CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Grip Plate
- 2. Champion Olympic Grip Plate
- 3. Body-Solid Quad Grip Olympic Weight Plate Singles
- 4. XMark Fitness Tri-grip Olympic Plate Weights
- 5. CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch 3-Grip Rubber Plate (Single)
- 6. Body-Solid Grip Olympic Plates
- 7. XMark Fitness TEXAS STAR and SIGNATURE Series Olympic Plate Weights
- 8. CAP Barbell Olympic Rubber Grip Plate
- 9. Golds Gym.. 50 lb Olympic Plate Set
- 10. Rep Fitness Rubber Coated Olympic Plates
1. CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Grip Plate
CAP Barbell is dedicated to making sure that athletes have the best equipment that will make them perform better. That’s why they produce quality products every time. Their latest product that we believe you should know is the CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Grip Plate. They have made this equipment with a solid cast iron construction to give it the heaviness that is badly needed in both training and competitive sessions. CAP Barbell has also paid enough attention to the grip, making sure that they are oversize, so the user can have a really easier time handling the grip plate. They have then completed their innovating manufacturing process by enabling the grip plate to accommodate 2-inch bars, which we believe is the standard size.
- Easy to grip and hold
- Ideal for micro-loading your overhead press
- Helps promote weight loss
- The price is ridiculously cheap
- Comes out in several pounds to choose from
- The finish is a little rough
2. Champion Olympic Grip Plate
We are happy that this manufacturing company chose the perfect name. The fact that it calls itself “Champion” means they have the pressure to deliver on a consistent basis. Fortunately, they have managed to achieve just that, as most of their products are highly preferred by weightlifters. The Champion Olympic Grip Plate is one of these products. It is made from a durable, grey hammertone, acrylic finish to give it the desired weight. Additionally, Champion produces several sizes and styles (5lbs, 10lbs, 2.5lbs, 35lbs, and 45lbs) to make sure there is something for everyone. The 2.5-pound grip plate, for instance, is the best for beginners while the 45-pound unit is ideal for pros or competitions. We believe that this grip plate is what you need to better your performance.
- Simple and fits Olympic bar perfectly
- Well made and looks very nice
- Perfect for barbell training
- Can easily be gripped even with sweaty hands
- Has lots of uses e.g. training, competition, and even holding a video camera on-stage
- Stickers warn of cancer-causing chemicals
3. Body-Solid Quad Grip Olympic Weight Plate Singles
What matters in an Olympic grip plate is durability. And that’s what Body-Solid has carefully taken care of. They have encased each of these Olympic grip plates in a heavy-duty rubber, so they can give proper results every time they are used. They will not peel, crack, or split like other Olympic grip plates. Besides, these Olympic weight plate singles are impact resistant, so do not expect them to be damaged in the event that you let them hit the floor with a thud. They also have an integrated metal sleeve that contributes significantly to their performance. If you enjoy keeping your body fit, these grip plate singles are for you. So, get one today and start making your arms more muscular or start training for the forthcoming competition.
- Easy to grip and have a good texture
- The rubber gripping prevents rust
- They are made very well
- A better alternative to kettlebell
- Plates are durable and won’t damage the floors
- They smell due to the rubber coating. But this always goes away with each use.
4. XMark Fitness Tri-grip Olympic Plate Weights
It is almost an understatement to say that these plate weights from XMark Fitness are made of higher quality. They are made of cast iron, which is known for unrivaled durability. They are also equipped with a steel precision hub to ensure that they fit perfectly on bars. Moreover, the manufacturer has included a tough rubber casing, which is made from virgin to deliver peerless results. We also like how the manufacturer has taken care of the safety and comfort of users by equipping these plate weights with recessed tri-grip handles, which have wide openings to fit comfortably and perfectly in hands. Use these plate weights for various workouts like roman chair back extensions, lateral shoulder raises, oblique twists, overhead presses, and more.
- Very easy to handle, pick up, and move around
- The quality is unrivaled
- Thin; hence, have a comfortable grip
- They sit on the bars squarely
- They work like grip plates found in commercial gyms
- Plate weights have a rubber smell. But this always goes away when the plate is cleaned thoroughly.
5. CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch 3-Grip Rubber Plate (Single)
There is no doubt about the quality of CAP Barbell brands. That’s why we feel so confident to introduce you to this rubber plate. Like other top quality Olympic grip plates, the CAP Barbell Olympic 2-Inch 3-Grip Rubber Plate is made of cast iron and then coated with rubber. Well, the cast iron offers unmatched durability, thereby, putting you in an admirable position to use the grip plate for an extended period of time. The rubber coating, on the hand, enables this plate weight to overcome impacts, which can lead to splits, cracks, and other damages. Besides, this rubber plate features a 12-sided design to help prevent rolling when placed on the ground. We are certain that you will really enjoy using it.
- Perfect for cardiovascular fitness and strength training
- Does not roll when placed on the floor
- Easy to handle and safe to use
- It does not scratch bars
- The steel ring insert is very smooth
- The rubber coating makes it smell a little.
6. Body-Solid Grip Olympic Plates
It is no surprise that Body-Solid Grip Olympic Plates are among the best Olympic grip plates you will ever come across today. Designed with the latest technology, these Olympic plates boast unreachable quality, reliability, and accuracy. Plus they are very affordable to let you buy them in a snap. Furthermore, these Olympic plates have a quad-grip design that ensures safer performance. It is no doubt that they will give you the best results, considering how they are designed. They have a durable rubber coating that prevents them from scuffing or damaging equipment, floors or walls when they are in use. Body-Solid has included everything they can just to make sure you are satisfied with the performance of these Olympic plates.
- Materials used are quality
- Hand grips make moving plates around easier
- Well made and easy to handle
- Rubber coated for superior durability
- The rubber smell is easy to get rid of
- A bit expensive
7. XMark Fitness TEXAS STAR and SIGNATURE Series Olympic Plate Weights
One thing we find fascinating about these Olympic plate weights from XMark Fitness is the tough and premium rubber casing, which is made from virgin. We also love the fact that these Olympic plate weights are made of high quality cast iron, which gives them the durability demanded by weightlifters. What’s more, the grip handles of these Olympic plate weights have wide openings that fit perfectly in the hand. Plus they feature a stainless steel precision hub to enable them to fit easily on bars. A set of these Olympic plate weights has up to 65 pounds. And they include four 10-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, and two 2.5-pound plates. In our opinion, these Olympic plate weights should not miss from your home gym.
- Plates fit perfectly on the bar
- Plates have great weights
- Will not smash fingers accidentally
- Solid and look great in the home gym
- The rubber keeps them quiet
- Plates have a rubbery smell. But this can easily be gotten rid of by cleaning them thoroughly.
8. CAP Barbell Olympic Rubber Grip Plate
The price of a product plays a key role in determining whether you will buy it or not. And since the CAP Barbell Olympic Rubber Grip Plate is very much affordable, we have thought it wise to include it in this list. It works and people who have used it before have been so happy with its performance. Ideally, the manufacturer has equipped it with a 3-hole grip design to make sure it is very easy to handle. They have also equipped it with a rubber coating to protect floors and equipment. Another stunning feature that makes this Olympic grip plate stand out is the cast iron construction, which features a baked enamel finish for unrivaled durability. The Olympic grip plate accommodates 2-inch bars, and this makes it convenient to use.
- Great for any workout enthusiast
- Has a nice grip on the sides
- Coated well to prevent slip-ups
- Easy to pick up with the three handles
- The price is very affordable
- It is for personal use; not for the home gym
9. Golds Gym.. 50 lb Olympic Plate Set
We have seen this Olympic plate set help workout gurus get the results they want. That’s why we have included it here in our well-researched reviews. It is one of the most convenient pieces of equipment that will help you train your upper body and keep you strong with each use. It works by allowing for gradual weight increases, so you can get the best out of it. What’s more, each of the plates in this 50-pound Olympic plate set is made of cast iron; a material known for uncompromising durability. The set will, therefore, stay longer, making sure that you are able to get the results you need. Apart from 50 pounds, this Olympic plate set is available in 60lbs, 70lbs, 100lbs, 110lbs, and 150lbs.
- Makes workouts safer and more productive
- Durable and symmetrical
- Made well and works as expected
- Allows for gradual weight increases
- Great for anyone on a budget
- The 50-pound weight is good for beginners
- The set may have a few defects.
10. Rep Fitness Rubber Coated Olympic Plates
Last but not least, we introduce you to Rep Fitness Rubber Coated Olympic Plates. They are made of high-grip rubber coating that significantly reduces noise as well as ensuring that equipment, such as bars, is not damaged. As such, expect these Olympic plates to offer safe and low-noise performance. Ideally, the manufacturer has used virgin rubber, which is somewhat odorless to spare you the fuss of having to interact with a rubbery smell every time you are using these Olympic plates. The manufacturer has also designed the Olympic plates with comfort in mind, considering that they have included triple-grip handholds, which are standard on plates with weights above 5 pounds. These plate weights are ideal for low back extensions and overhead tricep work, among other workouts.
- Super easy to handle
- Easy to add and remove from the bar
- The grip is nice and does not leave a black residue
- Does not have the nasty rubber smell
- Perfect for different workouts
- The plate may have a few defects. But the satisfaction guarantee is there to take care of this.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Olympic Grip Plates
Going through the above reviews does not mean you will definitely get the best item. This is because you must have certain factors in mind when choosing Olympic grip plates to get something that suits you. Well, here, we have some of these factors.
- The Weight Capacity
If you are just starting to lift weights, it is advisable that you go for an Olympic grip plate set with a low weight capacity to avoid injuries or complications that are as a result of lifting weights which exceed your strength. However, weight capacity should not be much of a concern if you have been lifting weights before.
- The Level of Safety
The best Olympic grip plate should leave a space between the plates to avoid injuries, which may be caused when your fingers are thumped by the two plates. Also, the best Olympic grip plate should have enough rubber coating to prevent plates from sliding dangerously, during weightlifting, thereby, exposing you to injuries.
- The Number of Plates
The number of plates one should have is determined by the level of experience and goals. That means if you are just getting started, go for fewer plates and then increase the number as you progress gradually. Ideally, if you are training for a tournament, you may need several plates to get the best results.
- The Accuracy of Plates
It is recommended to go for Olympic grip plates that have similar weights to Olympic grip plates found in commercial gyms. Well, this will help you get the best results just like someone who has been going to the gym. And this is because your grip plates will work like commercial Olympic grip plates in the gym.
People lift weights for different reasons. While some lift them for competitive purposes, others lift them to keep their body fit and active. Regardless of your reasons, we believe you should own at least a set of Olympic grip plates. And the best place to visit is right here where we have reviewed the best-selling Olympic grip plates.