Well, you probably know the importance of wearing a helmet when biking or skating, but do you know the importance of wearing a helmet when skiing? Most people will tell you that a snowboard helmet is not an essential gear when skiing. However, it is important to note that these helmets help protect the head against such injuries as fractured skulls, head lacerations, and facial lacerations. In fact, reports in the New York Times indicate that snowboard helmets protect against head injuries by up to 50%.
Moreover, snowboard helmets help protect us from sun rays and snow. They also keep our heads warm, considering that the body loses more heat from the head than anywhere else. Ideally, a snowboard helmet will help keep your goggles in place. It is all these reasons that make snowboard helmets important gears for skiing. Now you know the benefits and we bring you the following top 10 best mens snowboard helmets reviews to help you get the best product.
1. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Snow Sports Helmet
Keep snow at bay with this innovative snowboard helmet from Smith Optics. The helmet is highly functional and it can be customized with the included convertible pad kit to help keep your lid cool in the summer skate park and warm on the winter slopes. Moreover, it is ASTM certified.
· Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty: The manufacturer’s warranty protects against defects incurred during the manufacturing process.
· Dual Regulator ventilation system: It independently controls both front and rear sections of venting.
· AirEvac system: It generates maximum airflow and gets rid of warm, fog-causing air via built-in air channels, thereby, making sure your goggles are clear head dry.
2. Traverse 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
One stunning thing about this snowboard helmet is that it is a 2-in-1 unit. This means that it can be converted into a bike/skate helmet. And it is easy to achieve this, as all you need to do is to swap out the earmuffs and fleece cap. This helmet is CPSC 16 CFR certified.
· Snow cap and earmuffs: They will keep you warm throughout your endeavors.
· Adjustable dial: It makes sure that the helmet easily fits your head.
· ABS hard exterior: It is heavy duty and durable for ultimate protection against bruises and bumps.
· Thick high-density EPS foam: It helps absorb shock on impact.
3. Smith Aspect Helmet Mens
This is not just a helmet but also a stylish piece of gear designed to protect you while improving your style. It is loaded with numerous features that make it one of the best helmets on the market. The Smith Aspect Helmet Mens fits perfectly and it is very comfortable. Since it is stylish, expect no mushroom head. This helmet will keep your head warm during skiing.
· 14 vents: They can be opened or closed to allow more or less air.
· Adjustable size: It enables you to get the right fit.
· Removable ear pads: It ensures warm weather skiing in the spring.
· Lightweight in-mold construction: Makes the helmet easy to handle and comfortable on your head.
4. Lucky Bums Multi Sport Helmet
Durable and functional, the Lucky Bums Multi Sport Helmet is everything you want in a helmet. This unit is comfortable and stylish; hence, it can be worn for a long time without feeling fatigued. It is equipped with two protective layers, a goggle loop, and a padded chin strap. Moreover, it comes in many sizes and colors to ensure you get the perfect gear.
· Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty: It protects this mens ski helmet against defects in workmanship or materials.
· ABS material: It is covered by a supporting EPS outer shell for dual protection.
· EPS inner shell: It has multiport with mesh screens to ensure ample airflow.
5. Giro Surface-S Snow Helmet (Matte Black)
It is time to look good, feel good, and be protected. Well, all you need is the Surface-S Snow Helmet from Giro. This helmet is compatible with all aftermarket TuneUps systems. Moreover, it is both ASTM F2040 and CE EN1077 certified. The Giro Surface-S Snow Helmet comes in 3 sizes including small (52 – 55.5 cm), medium (55.5 – 59 cm), and large (59 – 62.5 cm).
· 6 super vents: They feature mesh covers to allow proper airflow.
· Hard shell construction: It is durable for lifetime performance
· Matte black appearance: It enhances the stylish looks of the helmet.
6. ZIONOR Lagopus H1 Snowboard Helmet
Whether you want to go for park skating or ski resort slope, the ZIONOR Lagopus H1 Snowboard Helmet is the piece of gear to rely on. It comes in 3 sizes including small (19 – 21 inches), medium (20 – 22 inches), and large (22 – 24 inches). Furthermore, the helmet is fully compatible with all ZIONOR Lagopus ski goggles.
· Reinforced construction: It features strong impact-resistant ABS and EPS material to allow it to provide double protection.
· Adjustable thickened sweat-absorbent chin strap and dial fit button: They make the helmet suitable for different head sizes.
· Top-grade plush lining: It is made of breathable material and it will keep you warm.
7. Giro Men’s Ledge Snow Helmet 2016 (Matte Titanium)
Getting a highly functional and comfortable mens snowboard helmet is now a walk in the park; thanks to Giro. This reputable manufacturer produces quality helmets such as the Ledge Snow Helmet 2016 which is durable, stylish, comfortable, and most importantly, functional. Ideally, this helmet is super modifiable with removable goggle retainer and earpads to get just the perfect look. Plus it is compatible with all Giro goggles.
· Hard shell construction: Makes the helmet ideal for both street and park riding.
· Clean, minimalist skate-style design: Improves the appearance of the helmet.
· Removable earpads: They keep you warm during winter and are removable to keep you cool during summer.
8. Smith Optics Camber Helmet Mens
If you like skiing, skating or riding in the park or street, then the Smith Optics Camber Helmet Mens should be a frontier for you. This helmet is made with precision and intelligence to help enhance its performance. And it comes in 4 sizes including small (51 – 55cm), medium (55 – 59cm), large (59 – 63cm), and XL (63 – 67cm).
· X-static performance lining: It helps keep the helmet comfortable.
· Adjustable Smith x Boa fit system: Enables the helmet to fit perfectly.
· 20 vents: They allow in air for cool riding experience during summer.
· Ultra-light in-mold construction: It promotes convenience.
9. Giro Seam Snow Helmet
Having a top performing snowboard helmet is one of the best things you can do to yourself. Well, one of these top class helmets is the Giro Seam Snow Helmet, which is designed to protect your head against snow and adverse weather conditions. It comes in 4 sizes including small (52 – 55.5cm), medium (55.5 – 59cm), large (59 – 62.5cm), and XL (62.5 – 65cm).
· 12 super cool vents: They come with thermostat control and stack vent to help keep you cool when riding during the summer.
· In-mold construction: It ensures superior durability.
· X-static anti-bacterial padding: Helps promote comfort.
10. SUNVP Windproof Ski Helmet
If you are here looking for the best snowboard helmet, then here is something that will really take you by storm. The SUNVP Windproof Ski Helmet has everything you want in a snowboard helmet. It is durable and comes in many different sizes to ensure there is something for everyone.
· Sweat chin pad: It ensures fast absorbent and enhanced comfort, thereby, preventing accidental injury.
· Lightweight construction: The helmet only weighs 0.81 lb, and this makes it easy to handle and comfortable on your head.
· Dark green/black appearance: It brings out the uniqueness and trendy performance of the helmet.
Before you go out to get the best snowboard helmet, it is recommended that you first go through a number of reviews. That’s why we have made the above compilation that highlights only the best helmets. Products listed above come in different colors and sizes to make sure there is something for everyone. The time to feel good, look good, and be protected is now. So, get one of these snowboard helmets for optimum protection.