Most people refer to shaving as an art because through it, you get to improve your looks and neatness. In other words, shaving makes men handsome and obviously capable of turning more than a few female heads. But to enjoy shaving your facial hair, you must have the best tools like the men’s razor blade refills. Unlike ordinary shaving tools, men’s razor blade refills will not scratch your skin or cause irritations once you are done with the shaving.
Most of them are also not disposable, and this makes them an economical option for men. They glide smoothly during shaving to let you enjoy the experience, unlike when you use ordinary tools. In addition, most men’s razor blade refills have a contoured design, which enables them to access even the most difficult places to reach. For this reason, they guarantee you an amazing result. Choose one from the top 10 best men’s razor blade refills reviews we have provided below.
- 1. Gillette Manual Men’s Razor Blade Refills (12 Count)
- 2. Gillette Mach3 Men’s Razor Blades (10 Blade Refills)
- 3. Gillette ProGlide Men’s Razor Blades (Fusion5)
- 4. Schick Mens Razor Blade Refill with Hydrate Gel
- 5. Schick Hydro 5 Razor Blade Refills for Men
- 6. Gillette Venus Women’s Original 3 Blade Razor Refills
- 7. Gillette Venus & Olay Women’s 5 Blade Razor Refills (4 Count)
- 8. Gillette Mach3 Men’s Razor – Handle and One Blade Refill
- 9. Gillette Venus Women’s Swirl 5 Blade Razor Refills (6 Count)
- 10. Micro Touch Triple-Blade Razor with 12 Refill Cartridges
1. Gillette Manual Men’s Razor Blade Refills (12 Count)
These men’s razor blade refills achieve their advanced 5-blade shaving technology by having their 5 blades spaced closer together. The technology enables these refills to distribute the shaving force across the blades. By so doing, it enables these blades to minimize pressure as well as introducing more comfort and ensuring less irritation. That aside, these razor blade refills also feature Flexible Comfort Guard with 15 Microfins that will follow the contours of your face to help give a comfortably close shave. Moreover, most users admit that these razor blade refills have an indicator lubrication strip that fades to white when you are no longer getting an optimal shave. Another feature that users like is the precision trimmer, which is designed for tricky spots such as sideburns, around facial hair, and under the nose.
- Cheaper than other brands in the same class
- Give a close and smooth shave
- Refills do not irritate the skin
- The indicator lubrication strip is handy
- Fit perfectly with the ProGlide handle/holder
- Information about “ProGlide blades” is quite misleading
2. Gillette Mach3 Men’s Razor Blades (10 Blade Refills)
Everyone is familiar with Mach3 men’s razor blade refills because they work well. For instance, these blade refills come loaded with features that are very handy for getting neat shaves every single occasion. They have steel blades, which are obviously stronger than most blades. In fact, the manufacturer has made these blades with steel, so they can last up to 15 comfortable shaves. Another standout feature of these blade refills is the lubrication strip, which glides to protect the skin from redness. Also, there is a microfin skin guard, which does not just stretches the skin but also prepares hair to be cut. The blade refills are designed to fit all Mach3. And this means you will not be inconvenienced in any way.
- The blades are nice and sharp
- Work great for the price
- Strong enough for everyday use
- The plastic holders are handy
- Steel blades last longer
- Blades give a nice, close shave
- Blades tend to dull quickly
3. Gillette ProGlide Men’s Razor Blades (Fusion5)
What makes these men’s razor blades get a place in these reviews is that they feature anti-friction technology, which enables them to shave you barely free. They also have a Precision Trimmer, which is on the back to ensure that hard-to-access places like sideburns and under the nose are reached easily. According to Gillette, these men’s razor blade refills are the finest and thinnest blades they have ever produced. This means the blades will glide through hair with less pull and tug. Moreover, the Fusion5 ProGlide Men’s Razor Blades have enhanced lubrastrip that includes more lubricants than the Fusion5. They will, therefore, shave you smoothly and efficiently. They come in a pack of 4, which is just enough to last you up to a month.
- The machining and technology are great
- Make a great gift for husbands, fathers, and boyfriends
- More affordable than other brands
- Allow you to shave quickly and efficiently
- Smooth enough to eliminate cuts
- Do not last as long as other razor blade refills
4. Schick Mens Razor Blade Refill with Hydrate Gel
Schick has tried to get one over their competitors by equipping these blade refills with a hydrate gel formula. Well, the formula contains coconut oil that will keep your skin hydrated throughout the shaving experience. What’s more, they have made sure that these blades are ultra-glide, so they can give a smooth shave every time they are used. They have then gone an extra mile to equip the blade with high-functioning skin guards that promise to protect your skin from irritation. Like top performing razor blade refills, these ones have a flip trimmer that enables them to reach hard-to-access places. The blades are 5 in total, and, therefore, will give you a chance to conveniently and easily switch between shaving larger/wider surfaces simply with a flip of the thumb.
- They keep their sharpness and smoothness
- The price is unbeatable
- They do not irritate the skin
- Last longer and give impressive results
- They clean well despite leaving behind a gel substance
- Blades are not as sharp as other brands.
5. Schick Hydro 5 Razor Blade Refills for Men
Everything that you need in a pack of men’s razor blade refills is here. These blade refills for men will give you a total shaving experience, considering that they come complete. They have a new larger and redesigned guardbar, which increases skin stretch to let you enjoy a smooth shave. They also have a hydrating gel reservoir, which lubricates the skin to give an effortless glide and added hydration. Moreover, these razor blade refills come equipped with breakthrough skin guard that help control skin flow in order to minimize friction. And they achieve that by doubling points of contact. The manufacturer’s Hydro 5 Gel Reservoir flips back to allow all the 5 blades to trim with ultimate precision.
- Offer a superior shaving experience
- They are reasonably priced
- Sturdy to give optimum reliability
- Well constructed and very easy to use
- The trimmer is really good and precise
- Shave pubic hairs well
- The weight is a little off, but, overall, good razor blade refills
6. Gillette Venus Women’s Original 3 Blade Razor Refills
Gillette Venus Original 3 Blade Refills are available up to 8 counts. And we believe that these are enough to last for a reasonable period of time. Ideally, these blade razor refills boast a flexible design; hence, they can fit all Venus razor handles apart from Simply Venus. Gillette has equipped these blades with the Venus Classic’s 3-blade technology, so they can let you enjoy a silky-smooth shave every time. Plus there is a lubrastrip featuring a touch of aloe to enable the razor to glide easily over the skin. Another feature we believe will make you like these razor blade refills is the indicator strip, which fades to let you know that you are no longer getting optimal shaves. Also, there are protective cushions to give you a great shave consistently.
- Less expensive and fit great
- Simple and very comfortable
- The head bends with the contours of the leg
- Deliver great results on a consistent basis
- Not damaged by water like other brands
- They dull pretty fast
7. Gillette Venus & Olay Women’s 5 Blade Razor Refills (4 Count)
In our opinion, you should buy such blade razor refills as these ones. And this is because they have a curve-hugging design, which enables them to give a close shave for incredibly smooth skin. These blade razor refills also feature built-in Olay moisture bars that release lush body butters when wet to give an improved shaving experience and amazing comfort. Ideally, we like the fact that the manufacturer has gone an extra mile to equip them with flexible moisture bars, so they can flex with your body’s curves to give a close, comfortable, and smooth shave. Since these blades are designed with ultimate comfort in mind, we believe that they are exactly what you need to enjoy your shaves. They will not irritate your skin because they have the Venus ComfortGlide technology.
- Shave dark and thick hair
- A pack contains up to 4 counts
- They give unbelievably close shaves
- The price is not exaggerated
- They fit any Venus handle
- May make the skin a little sore after use
8. Gillette Mach3 Men’s Razor – Handle and One Blade Refill
The manufacturer claims that this men’s razor 1 blade refill is better than disposable blades. And we think they are right, considering the features the unit has. First, this razor blade refill has a lubrication strip that glides to keep your skin protected from redness. You will, therefore, be able to shave for a long time (up to 10 times) without suffering from skin irritations. Second, the package boasts advanced skin guard that will help stretch your skin and even ensure that your hair is prepared for a cut. The blade refill has 3 DuraComfort blades, so be ready to enjoy long-lasting comfort while using it. Because it is a Mach3 razor, expect it to fit any Mach3 blade.
- Can be used by women as well
- Comes with a razor handle
- Blades clean much easier than other brands
- Refills are a good value
- Result in little to no razor burn
- The price is competitive
- Lacks a nice heavy weight
9. Gillette Venus Women’s Swirl 5 Blade Razor Refills (6 Count)
It is the advanced blade technology that earned these razor blade refills a position in our reviews. Also, we feel that the contour design of the blades in these refills have made them among the best. The unique design allows the blade refills to access tricky areas like the knees and ankles. Another feature that makes these razor blade refills among the best is the MoistureGlide serum, which is activated by water to give an incredible glide. Besides, the manufacturer has included a MicroFine comb that guides hair to the blades, which capture nearly every hair to give outstanding results. We are certain that you will really like how these razor blade refills work. This is because blades in this package are thin and arguably one of the finest.
- Blades stay sharp and last a long time
- The moisture strip is reliable
- Fit the contours of knees and other tricky parts
- The ball in the middle offers extra flexibility
- The razor offers a very close yet comfortable shave
- The price is a little raised
10. Micro Touch Triple-Blade Razor with 12 Refill Cartridges
The feel and performance of this triple-blade razor can be compared to none. That’s why it is here. But what enables this package to deliver such an amazing result? Well, first, the stainless steel blades of this triple-blade razor have ultra-thin, non-stick surfaces to help extend their life up to 4 times longer compared to ordinary blades. The fact that the surface has a non-stick coating means there will be no buildup of “gunk”. Furthermore, the manufacturer has spaced the blades smartly, so they can give an uncompromised shave as well as a cleaner rinse. The package has also been named among the best because of its quality, ergonomic design, which makes the handle give the feel of expensive shaving systems.
- Last the whole month as stated
- Blades are sharp and solidly made
- The weight is great; not too heavy to cause fatigue
- The price is budget-friendly
- They do not cause skin irritations
- The pins that hold the blades are a bit flimsy
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Men’s Razor Blade Refill
It is obvious that you go through a number of factors before choosing a razor blade refill for men. And in this compilation, we have one that we believe is comprehensive and clear enough to help you big time.
- An Indicator Strip
It is good to buy a men’s razor blade refill with an indicator strip because this is what will let you know whether you are getting an optimal shave. In most cases, indicator strips will fade, perhaps, to white. Therefore, when you notice this, you will know immediately that you are no longer getting the perfect shave.
- Lubricant Gel/Lubrastrip
You should check whether the razor blade refill you are set to buy has a lubricant gel or lubrastrip. Like any other top features of refills, a lubricant gel enables blades to glide smoothly, thereby, give a smooth shave without cuts or bloods. It also prevents skin irritations by eliminating scratching during shaving.
- The Number of Counts
If you want a men’s razor blade refill that lasts longer, you should go for as many counts as possible. This is also economical and, to some extent, convenient since you will spare yourself the hassle of visiting the market on a frequent basis. Ideally, you can consider razor blade refills that come in fewer counts if you are on a budget.
- The Design
Consider razor blade refills for men that feature contour designs. This is because contour designs are easy to use and they ensure that razor blade refills give a comfortable shave. They also reach tricky areas quite easily to give you satisfying results. Apart from contoured shapes, refills should have ergonomically-designed handles to eliminate hand fatigue.
- The Sharpness of the Blade
A razor blade refill for men should be sharp enough to give a clean shave every time it is used. It should not be dull because this will force you to shave one area repeatedly, which can lead to skin irritation. Also, it should not be overly sharp because this can make even the slightest force to cause deep cuts.
- The Durability of the Blade
The durability of the blade is simply how long a blade retains its sharpness. Blades that are not durable become dull pretty fast, and this is likely to force you to buy another one sooner rather than later. Therefore, it is advisable to go for durable blades that promise superior reliability.
Men have the ability to smartly and neatly shave their sideburns as well as hair on their faces. But without the best tool, shaving facial hair can be quite complicated. That’s why you need to add one or two of the above men’s razor blade refills to your grooming collections. They are affordable yet they will give you the results you have ever wanted for so long.