The use of lump charcoals for grilling is quickly becoming popular. This is because many grilling enthusiasts have noticed that using a lump charcoal to grill has numerous advantages. For instance, a lump charcoal produces a reasonable amount of oxygen when burning, and this is very healthy. It also helps add a smoked wood flavor to food grills, thereby, improving the taste. Additionally, lump charcoals produce natural chemicals, and they do not contain additives. This means when you use it, then your food will be very healthy and clean. We have listed the best ones in the following top 10 best lump charcoals reviews. So, go ahead and read the whole piece.
- 1. Jealous Devil Hardwood Lump Charcoal – 2 x 35LB
- 2. KamadoJoe 20 Pound Big Block Charcoal Box
- 3. Rockwood Lump Charcoal (2)
- 4. Cowboy Brand Hardwood Lump Charcoal, 20lbs (2)
- 5. Royal Oak 195228021 Lump Charcoal – 15.4 lb
- 6. Grill Dome Choice Lump Charcoal (CCL-20)
- 7. Royal Oaks 1/17.6-Pound Lump Charcoal (195228017)
- 8. Charcoal Lump Bag 20 Pound
- 9. Texas Premium Natural Lump Charcoal (Post Oak)
- 10. Best of the West 10486-2 100% Natural Lump Charcoal
1. Jealous Devil Hardwood Lump Charcoal – 2 x 35LB
If you want to enjoy your grilling, then the Jealous Lump Charcoal is a must-have. It comes in two bags with each weighing 35 pounds. Furthermore, both of the bags are durably made and heavy-duty enough not to mention having a larger ratio of XL lumps. The lump charcoals from Jealous Devil are made of pure and ultra-dense South American hardwoods. They do not have scrap material, fillers or chemicals. Besides, they boast restaurant quality, implying that they will not pop, spark or produce low ash. As such, these lump charcoals are the best for grill, smoker, and kamado. They burn for more than 4 hours in grills and 20 hours in smokers. Plus they boast over 7000kcal/g of cook power let alone having a hotter temperature of more than 1170 degrees Fahrenheit when burning.
- Does not contain foreign objects
- The best in terms of size, longevity, heat, and density
- The two bags arrive well packed
- No much breakage of the chunks
- Burns consistently and longer
- Some pieces are a little too small
2. KamadoJoe 20 Pound Big Block Charcoal Box
The hardwood used to make the KamadoJoe Lump Charcoal has a lot of benefits. First, it makes the charcoal burn hotter, thereby, allowing you to achieve the much-needed steak-searing temperatures. Second, it enables the charcoal to burn for long hours, which, in turn, makes the charcoal great for slow cooking. KamadoJoe has only focused on making the lump charcoal with real trees, and this enables the charcoal to burn clean while giving you a robust wood-fire flavor. The lump charcoal is not made of scrap furniture or processed wood like in some brands. The lump charcoal lights quickly and easily to allow you to concentrate more on grilling and less on lighting and keeping the charcoal burning. It comes in a 20-pound bag that can last several grilling occasions. Besides, the lump charcoal comes in many different sizes including 1-(Pack), 2-(Pack), 3-(Pack), 4-(Pack), and 5-(Pack).
- The quality of the charcoal is beyond average
- Does not produce a lot of sparks
- Burns hot and delivers outstanding results
- Lights quickly to ensure ultimate convenience
- The box container makes storage and handling a breeze
- Not as big as expected
3. Rockwood Lump Charcoal (2)
This is probably one of the best lump charcoals for grilling meats, poultry, and fish. Well, this is because it has a rich wood aroma that complements the natural flavors of these delicacies. The lump charcoal is completely free of chemicals, and this is because it comes from top quality maple, hickory, and Missouri oak. It also does not have binders, fillers or other impurities. It burns hotter in order to seal in juices for bolder and more flavorful food. Furthermore, the lump charcoal burns cleaner and for long hours to give you easy work handling it. Plus it produces less ash, so you can clean it out quickly once you are done with the grilling. It comes in two bags, although, there are also 1 and 3 bags. Considering how it is made, this lump charcoal is great for any type of smoker or grill.
- The number of big lumps is huge
- Burns clean and does not billow smoke
- Lights quickly and has a consistent quality
- The bag(s) arrives in great shape
- Does not have the bitter chemical taste
- A bit pricey
4. Cowboy Brand Hardwood Lump Charcoal, 20lbs (2)
Cowboy wants to take your grilling experience to another level. And they know that one of the things to do in order to achieve that is to produce great pieces of lump charcoal. With that said, their hardwood lump charcoal has what it takes to make you a happy buyer. It comes in two pockets, so it can provide you with more than enough for your money. Additionally, all the pieces of lump charcoal are made of hardwood; hence, expect them to burn consistently and longer. The lump charcoals are also 100-percent natural, meaning they will not produce any smell let alone containing any chemical. We are certain that they are the perfect brand of lump charcoal you should consider; thanks to their quality and the manufacturer’s commitment to ensuring 100-percent customer satisfaction.
- They hold their heat much longer
- The manufacturer ships them extremely fast
- The bag is all charcoal; no powder
- The lump charcoals burn well
- They cook steak nicely
- The price is within an affordable range
- The small pieces may be bothersome
5. Royal Oak 195228021 Lump Charcoal – 15.4 lb
Royal Oak had to be in these reviews. And this is because of its benefits. It gets ready in only 15 minutes. With that said, you will be able to use it after just a short while. The lump charcoal is 100% all-natural, given that it is made from renewable walnut, hickory, oak, and maple. It does not contain any chemicals or additives. Therefore, use it with peace of mind knowing that you will not be exposing yourself to any health hazard. The lump charcoal burns hotter and evenly, so you can have consistent grilling each time. In addition, it comes in a wide range of sizes including 2-(Pack), 3-(Pack), 4-(Pack), 5-(Pack), and 15.4 pounds. This means you will be able to find a suitable size that meets all of your needs. The lump charcoal can be used for all grills and smokers such as kamado and ceramic grills.
- Sizes are fairly consistent
- Very nice and great value
- Lights very quickly and burns very hot
- Works great with kamado grills
- It helps add flavor
- Not the best for anyone looking for big pieces
6. Grill Dome Choice Lump Charcoal (CCL-20)
If you are a grilling enthusiast, you will agree with us that a bold and crisp flavor play a huge role in making any grilling session successful. That’s why we recommend for you this high performance lump charcoal. It is a premium fuel for smokers and grills, making it a must-have for anyone who wants to take their grilling experience to another level. It is free of chemicals and tars, meaning your health will not be jeopardized as a result of using it. Ideally, Grill Dome knows that you love convenience. For this reason, they have made sure that the lump charcoal can be reused. That being said, you will not take a lot of time going to the shop to get another bag. The lump charcoal burns longer, hotter, and cleaner not to mention lighting much faster.
- It helps to add an excellent flavor
- Has the right mixture of smaller and larger pieces
- Does not make the temperature difficult to maintain
- Great for outdoor cooking
- Burns well and for a long time
- The price is a bit high for the quality
7. Royal Oaks 1/17.6-Pound Lump Charcoal (195228017)
Royal Oaks is back again with a bag of nice charcoal. The charcoal is pure carbonized hardwood charcoal that does not have any filler. That being said, it is one of the safest lump charcoals one can use for their cooking needs. It is a pure lump charcoal, considering that it has been heated under controlled conditions. It is very unique and has different characteristics that help make it one of the best as well as most reliable on the market. It makes a great barbecue flavor because it burns very hot. It also lights quickly not to mention getting to cooking temperature fast. Moreover, this lump charcoal produces very little ash to make sure that you have little work to do as far as keeping your grill or smoker is concerned.
- Burns well to ensure optimum use
- The size of the pieces are uniformly distributed
- Works better than a regular charcoal
- Does not produce any chemical smell
- Heats up fast and stays hot much longer
- The price fluctuates, and this is quite inconveniencing
8. Charcoal Lump Bag 20 Pound
Wicked Good Charcoal is an established company that does everything within their capacity to make sure that the customers are satisfied. That’s why we have not hesitated to include their lump charcoal in these reviews. A bag of this lump charcoal weighs up to 22 pounds, and this tells it all; good quality charcoal that will serve you well. Additionally, the charcoal is no ordinary charcoal; it is hardwood. As such, it burns for a quite a long time. It is all-natural, and, therefore, it will not expose you to funny smells or weird flavors. We believe that if you love grilling, then it should be a frontier for you. This is because it has got what it takes to provide you with the results you need each time.
- The bag has large pieces
- Burns well to ensure optimum satisfaction
- The charcoal type is hardwood
- The lump charcoal is all-natural
- The size and weight are great
9. Texas Premium Natural Lump Charcoal (Post Oak)
There is no way you can go wrong with this lump charcoal from Texas Premium. It not only burns hotter but also burns longer. To be precise, the lump charcoal burns up to 3X longer. This means you will be able to use it for grilling for quite a long time. When burning, the lump charcoal leaves less than ½ the ash compared to other ordinary charcoals. To give it the much-desired nice smooth flavor, this quality lump charcoal is made with only post oak wood. Most BBQ restaurants in Texas use this lump charcoal because it lights quickly and lasts really long. It is also not messy to use. It will give your grill a better flavor, much to your delight. That being said, we highly recommend it for you.
- Seems to be of quality; neither too soft nor too hard
- Clean to ensure easy handling
- Very quick to light
- Ships quite fast to ensure ultimate convenience
- Comes well packed and in large chunks
- Tends to spark a lot
10. Best of the West 10486-2 100% Natural Lump Charcoal
Customers are always striving to get the best lump charcoals. And one product that will surely not disappoint you is the Best of the West 10486-2 100% Natural Lump Charcoal. It is 100% natural oak charcoal that will allow you to enjoy your grilling experience. It burns longer and hotter, so you can get exceptional results. Besides, this lump charcoal works with all charcoal grills. It is top quality and will add a real wood smoked flavor to all your grilled foods. The lump charcoal is available in two sizes, which are 6.6 pounds and 15.4 pounds. That said, expect to find a suitable size that will suit all your needs. It completes our list of the best lump charcoal brands because it is from a reputable company, and it works really well.
- Maintains heat for long-time cooking
- The price is affordable
- 100% all natural; hence, chemical and filler free
- Works with all charcoal grills
- Adds a real wood smoked flavor to all the grilled foods
- The small pieces are a bit difficult to handle
One of the most convenient ways to take your grilling experience to another level is to use a lump charcoal. And here, we have reviewed the best ones, so you can have an easy time choosing what suits you. We have also talked about the pros and cons to make sure that you are getting a good quality item for your money.