Having your yard well lit at night is no doubt one of the best ways to keep people with ill-intentions from accessing your property. Additionally, a well-lit yard is unlikely to expose you to injuries since it completely eliminates chances of stumbling on unseen objects. Yards that are well-lit also encourage outdoor fun. Such yards look great at night, thereby, encouraging you to have such outdoor activities as barbecuing and tailgating, among others.
Unfortunately, not all outdoor lights will give you the light you need. Traditional incandescent lights, for instance, do not produce enough light yet they consume much energy that will make your electricity bills skyrocket. Luckily, you can replace your below-par lighting systems with LED yard lights. Unlike traditional lights, LED yard lights are modern. And this means that they produce super bright light without consuming a lot of energy. In this article, we have unveiled the top 10 best LED yard lights reviews and extra buying guide to give you more knowledge about these useful products.
- 1. TORCHSTAR 35W LED Outdoor Light
- 2. Brightech LightPRO LED Yard Light
- 3. Bobcat Lighting 80W LED Area Light
- 4. Feit 300W Non-Dimmable LED Yard Light (73995)
- 5. LEONLITE Silver 75W LED Barn Light
- 6. Superior Lighting LED Dusk to Dawn Light
- 7. LEPOWER 28W LED Security Light
- 8. Hykolity LED Dusk to Dawn Yard Light
- 9. STASUN 150W LED Security Lights
- 10. Bbounder LightPRO 70W 9800LM LED Barn Lights
1. TORCHSTAR 35W LED Outdoor Light
TORCHSTAR brands are one of the best. That’s why this 35-watt LED outdoor light has made it to this list. At 35 watts, this LED outdoor light will not consume a lot of energy. However, it lights brightly and can even replace a 250-watt incandescent light. Moreover, TORCHSTAR has equipped it with 3500 lumens that allow it to provide illumination, which covers up to 82’ x 82’ area when it is installed at 20 feet high. Compared to traditional incandescent lights, this LED outdoor light lasts up to 10 hours longer because of its 50,000-hour lifespan. Ideally, we are thrilled by the fact that it is waterproof with a water-resistant rating of IP65. This means it will remain functional even during heavy downpours. Well, if you are looking to save some money every month yet want to keep your yard well lit, this the fixture to consider.
Whether you are looking for LED ceiling lights, LED light bulbs, novelty lights, aluminum channels, under cabinet lights, accent lighting, camping lantern or any other fixture, TORCHSTAR has it. It manufactures many different fixtures because it knows that different people want different products. Moreover, TORCHSTAR is dedicated to helping consumers save money on electricity bills. They achieve that by only producing LED fixtures.
- ETL listing: Assures you that the light is of high quality as well as very safe to use.
- 5-year warranty: Gives you confidence in buying and using this light knowing that it is backed by the manufacturer.
- DIY installation: It makes the light extremely easy to install. This means you will not need a professional to do the installation for you.
- Rugged Aluminum Housing: It boasts excellent heat dissipation, and it is corrosion-resistant for long-lasting performance.
- IP65 waterproof rating: Makes the LED yard light perfect for outdoor use where it is likely to rain or snow.
- Dusk-to-dawn photocell: Enables the light to automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Cuts electricity bills and is waterproof and sturdy
- Lights up and powers off automatically
- The light is decently priced
- Works from dusk to dawn
- Bright enough to give a clear view of what’s going on
- Customer service is fantastic
- Instructions are not detailed, and this makes installation a bit difficult.
2. Brightech LightPRO LED Yard Light
This light has an incredible wattage, and this has earned it the second spot on our list. Despite its compact design, this LED yard light boasts 56 watts, which allow it to produce extremely bright light. This means that it will really be handy for providing security to your property. In addition, this lighting system has a built-in photocell, which enables it to light up automatically at dusk and power off automatically at dawn. Since it is designed for outdoor use, the yard light is made of heavy-duty corrosion-proof aluminum that protects it from dirt, sand, bugs, water, and other elements. It is a high functioning yard light that promises to light up your backyard season in season out. Whether you want to guard your barn, storage place or other outdoor valuables, this is the light to go for. It has 5,000 lumens and boasts a color temperature of 5,000 Kelvin.
Brightech proudly stands behind its products because it believes in its quality. It is an honest manufacturing company that wants to make its customers happy every time they purchase its products. Another great thing Brightech is known for is its dedication to help customers save electricity. Additionally, this company accepts returns; thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IP65 waterproof rating: Makes the lighting unit a savvy choice in wet weather.
- Built-in photocell: It self-activates the fixture at dusk and powers it off at dawn.
- Heavy-duty aluminum casing: It is corrosion resistant and acts as a protective shell.
- ETL (Electrical Testing Laboratories) certification: It proves that the light is safe to use and of great quality.
- 3-year warranty: Protects the light from defects to ensure worry-free buying.
- Well protected from dirt, sand, water, and other elements
- Easy to install and covers a large area
- Lights up and powers off automatically
- Produces much brighter light
- Light does not flicker
- Great for people who like bright white light
- Lightweight and great on the power bill
- The light may arrive defective. But there’s great customer support to solve this.
3. Bobcat Lighting 80W LED Area Light
We have included this 80-watt LED Area Light here because it is arguably the brightest. With 8500 lumens of brightness and 5000K light color, the unit produces a super bright light that cannot be matched. It is designed to replace a 700-watt incandescent light, so imagine how bright this light is. When mounted at 45 feet high, it produces enough light that covers up to 150ft x 150ft. For this reason, you can rely on it entirely to illuminate your backyard at night. Another feature of this light that we find great is the die-cast aluminum metal body. The housing is impact-resistant and has a waterproof rating of IP65 to make the light best suited for outdoor use. Well, it is no doubt you will love this light. Apart from 80 watts, the light is available in other sizes, which are 60 watts and 110 watts.
Bobcat Lighting believes that LED security lighting is a must-have both at your place of work and home. That’s why it puts in a lot of effort to ensure that you are able to get LED security lighting with ease. Its lighting units work flawlessly because this manufacturer knows what it takes to create stunning lights that everyone will love.
- 5-year warranty: Allows the manufacturer to come in and help should anything go wrong.
- Innovative photocells: They enable the light to automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn. Furthermore, they are replaceable with the manufacturer promising to replace them free of charge should they be damaged less than 10 years after purchase.
- Convenient design: Makes the light easy to mount to a wooden post, wall or pole.
- True metal body: Enables the light to withstand all the things the outdoor environment throws at it.
- UL listed and DLC compliant: To give you peace of mind knowing that the light is safe and of first-class quality.
- Well made and holds up nicely
- The light is bright and illuminates a large area
- Does not consume a lot of energy
- Turns off automatically during the day
- The construction looks decent
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Smaller than most brands
4. Feit 300W Non-Dimmable LED Yard Light (73995)
We love the fact that the Feit 300W LED Yard Light uses up to 87-percent less energy. And this means that your electricity bill will not skyrocket. Considering its performance, this unit can directly be replaced with the 300-watt incandescent lights. It is bright enough to deter anyone with ill-intentions from getting into your property. This lighting system also boasts corrosion-resistant housing that keeps it protected from corrosion, thereby, extending its lifespan. In fact, it has an average life of 36,000 hours. Besides, the light promises to work from dusk to dawn year in year out. It is great and most people who have used it before have praised its ability to save energy and still remain one of the brightest yard lights on the market. This is because of the fact that it outputs 4,000 lumens and has a daylight (5000K) color temperature.
Everyone likes well-designed lighting products. And Feit Electric Company knows that. As such, the manufacturer produces high-quality Bulbs, Fixtures, and Flashlights. Its intention is to set the mood for fun or just to keep you relaxed after a long day of being busy. According to Feit Electric, everything is lighting. Well, this shows how much they like lighting as well as to what extent they are willing to make you love high-end lighting too.
- 2-year warranty: It protects against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Lightweight construction: Makes the yard light extremely easy to install.
- Color Temperature: It is 5000K, meaning the LED yard light is very bright.
- 4000 lumens: They contribute greatly to making the yard light one of the brightest.
- Bronze finish: Makes the light look good after installation.
- Affordable and easy to operate
- Saves energy and money
- It is lightweight and bright enough
- Easy to install and does not produce the “humming” or “buzzing” sound
- The color is really great
- Looks fantastic in the yard
- Lights up a big area
- The lifespan is shorter compared to other brands
5. LEONLITE Silver 75W LED Barn Light
Most manufacturers do not pass their lights through the rigorous testing process. But that is not the case with LEONLITE, which has made sure that their 75-watt LED barn light is ETL listed for outstanding qualities and safety operations. Since it values your safety, this light is simply a must-have, especially if you have little information about LED yard lights. Additionally, we love the fact that LEONLITE has not stopped there; they have gone the extra mile to equip the light with photocells, which allow it to automatically light up when it is dusk and off when it is dawn. They have also used the strongest material (die-cast aluminum) to make the light, ensuring that it is ready to face and perform in the outside environment. With this LED yard light, you will not be afraid of working on your car at night.
What makes LEONLITE one of the best companies ever is the professional team it consists of. It is a cool company, which understands that customers like those who put their interests first. That being said, LEONLITE backs its products with a reliable warranty. It also ensures that the products are safe before reaching its customers.
- Dusk-to-dawn photocell: Eliminates the need to flip the switch to turn the light on.
- Die-casting aluminum housing: It allows for passive dissipation of heat as well as improving the lifespan of the light by making it resistant to shock and erosion.
- ETL listing: Shows that the light is tested for safety and quality.
- 5-year product warranty: Protects the light against the unfortunate.
- Broad and wide beam angle: Enables the unit to disperse light nicely.
- ETL-listed for excellent qualities and safe operations
- The light has a long lifespan
- Has a high waterproof rating of IP65
- The beam angle is broader and wider
- Can be used to light up many different places
- The color temperature is impressive
- The brightness is great
- Installation directions are quite unclear
6. Superior Lighting LED Dusk to Dawn Light
The price of this LED yard light may be higher than other units, but it is worth it. This is because of the features the light is equipped with. It comes with a photocell, bracket for wall or mounting, and mounting arm. All these features make this light a top performer and, of course, a great purchase. Considering how it is designed, this LED light is great for parking lots, garages, alleyways, and building walls. They can also be used as barn lights. Another feature that justifies the price of this LED light is the color temperature. Plus the light outputs 10,000 lumens, which make it extremely bright. This means you can rely on it to deter thieves since it is capable of illuminating your yard really well. The light uses 75 watts, which may be higher, but for an outdoor light producing up to 10,000 lumens, this is okay.
Superior Lighting takes pride in providing its customers with brand name top quality products at the best possible price. It believes in the quality of its products to the extent that it offers a money-back guarantee should you be unhappy with them. Some of these products include LED bulbs, LED fixtures, plastic globes, and light fixtures.
- Dust and Bug Proof: Helps improve the durability of the light by making sure that it is not affected by dust. It also keeps the ever-annoying bugs at bay.
- 5-year warranty: Gives you peace of mind during purchase knowing that the manufacturer fully stands behind the light.
- Photocell: Enables the light to switch on by itself at dusk and off at dawn.
- Mounting Arm and Bracket: They are for easy mounting of the light on a pole or wall.
- Color temperature: 5000K Daylight, meaning the light is super bright.
- Lights the yard well enough
- Available in different wattages
- Has a natural white appearance
- Arrives on time and securely packed
- Waterproof and well made
- The design looks nice
- Gives homeowners more security and peace of mind
- Instructions could be in-depth
7. LEPOWER 28W LED Security Light
Most customers have praised the performance of the LEPOWER 28W LED Light. And that is because they love the 28 wattage, which makes the light consume very little energy, thereby, letting you significantly cut down your electricity bill. More than a few people also love the fact that the light works in any kind of weather including snowy and rainy weather. It has a waterproof rating of IP65, meaning it will not be damaged even by heavy downpours. Still, on durability, this light has a long life rating of 50,000 hours, and this gives it a consistent, reliable performance. We know that you want to save electricity without sacrificing nighttime lighting in your backyard. That’s why we have brought you this LED yard light. You can have it installed on your yard, entryway, stairs or any other place you feel should be well lit at night.
LEPOWER is a professional company that specializes in producing household and outdoor LED lighting. Yes, it produces LED lighting because that’s what the modern world requires. It has been around for more than half a decade, meaning it knows exactly where to emphasize in each product to ensure that it is relevant to most, or if possible, all customers. At present, LEPOWER mainly exports its products to Europe, Japan, and the U.S.
- IP65 waterproof rating: It ensures that the light withstands such elements as rain, snow, and sleet.
- Adjustable design: The light heads can be adjusted to different angles for customized results.
- 1-year warranty: It protects the LED yard light from defects.
- 60-day money-back guarantee: Allows you to return the product should you be unimpressed with it. It is, however, important to note that the product should be within 60 days from the date of purchase.
- Die-casting aluminum material: It ensures good heat dissipation as well as improving the durability of the light.
- UL-certified for amazing quality standards
- Lasts longer and saves electricity bill
- Can be used anywhere
- The design is adjustable for convenience
- The light has high sensitivity
- Comes with all necessary hardware
- Covers a very large area wherever it is installed
- The charging system needs improvement
8. Hykolity LED Dusk to Dawn Yard Light
An LED yard light that saves up to 70-percent of energy could not miss from these reviews. We are talking about the Hykolity LED Dusk to Dawn Yard Light. It has all it takes to illuminate your yard as expected. For instance, it boasts a waterproof rating of IP65, meaning such weather elements as rain, snow, and sleet will not make it give in. You can use it confidently in wet locations knowing that it will keep on working no matter what. It is a reliable light with a wide application, including alleyways, parking lots, backyard, farms, barns, and yard. Ideally, it is so bright that it can be used as an outdoor street light. Well, its brightness is as a result of the 8800 lumens it produces. It is so bright that it makes a perfect replacement to 250W conventional lights yet it uses just 80W.
Hykolity is a reliable company that produces both commercial and industrial LED fixtures. The company reinvented itself in 2011 when it decided to make illumination brighter, hassle-free, and more accessible than ever before. Because of its reputation, Hykolity provides building managers, contractors, and business professionals with lighting. With that being said, if you want to illuminate your workspace or complete projects, then buying a Hykolity product will do no harm.
- 5-year warranty: Shows that the manufacturer stands behind this light.
- Die-cast aluminum construction: It is heavy-duty and rugged so it can provide ultimate protection against elements.
- Photocell: It automatically turns on the light at dusk and off at dawn.
- Built-in CREE COB: It offers up to 8800 lumens, which are high enough to make the light one of the brightest.
- IP65 waterproof: Improves the lifespan of the light by enabling it to withstand rain, snow, and splashes.
- The light is extremely bright, which is good
- Installation does not take a lot of effort
- Waterproof and seems well designed
- Disperses light really well
- Has a wide area of application
- It is bug proof; hence, does not require regular maintenance
- Looks great once installed
- There is no way to turn the direction of sensors
9. STASUN 150W LED Security Lights
Another LED yard light we think you should have some knowledge about is the STASUN 150W LED Security Lights. It saves up to 88-percent of energy yet it throws out plenty of light with no glare. Also, the light this unit outputs is bright enough to get rid of any shadows. It produces 13500 lumens, which can only be matched with lights consuming up to 950 watts of energy. Furthermore, this LED security light has a lifespan of 50,000 hours. The lifespan is 10 times longer compared to that of traditional lights. It is a well-made light that has all it takes to make a statement in your yard, parking lot, garage, and driveway. It can also be used as a stadium light, considering how super bright it is. Surprisingly, this light is very affordable. We are positive that you will find it very handy.
Since its establishment in 2012, Stasun has been trying the best it can to produce high-end products every time. It is a busy company that does a lot of things such as manufacturing, marketing, as well as conducting research and development. This helps it come up with stunning lights that conserve energy and are eco-friendly.
- Die-cast aluminum housing: It is robust and protects the light from the harsh outdoor environment. It also ensures outstanding heat dissipation.
- Shock-resistant PC lens: It helps improve the lifespan of the light by holding up nicely to shocks.
- Innovative craftsmanship: The light pivots 330 degrees from side to side to allow you to customize your bright coverage area.
- Triple head design: Enables the light to produce plenty of light without consuming a lot of energy.
- 30CREE LEDs: They enable the light to produce up to 13500 lumens.
- Puts out plenty of light
- Waterproofing feature works as advertised
- The construction is good quality
- The color is as described
- STASUN’s customer service is very responsive
- The price point is unbelievably low
- Heat dissipation works as expected
- The cord could be a little longer
10. Bbounder LightPRO 70W 9800LM LED Barn Lights
Last but not least, there is the Bbounder LightPRO 70W LED Barn Light. From the description, it is indicated that it produces up to 9800 lumens. Well, this means it is bright enough to illuminate your yard nicely and even to deter thieves or anyone with ill-intentions. Despite being very bright, this light does not consume a lot of energy. As such, it will cut down up to 88-percent of your electricity bill. The light is safe to use, and this is because it is certified. It has a lifespan of 50,000 hours, which make it last 10 times longer compared to traditional incandescent lights. What’s more, the light boasts a wide voltage range of AC120 – 277V. It is versatile; hence, perfect for commercial area, parking lot, garage, street, walkway, and backyard, among others. The light is available in two sizes, which are 1 pack and 4 pack.
Bbounder is headquartered in the amazing coastal city of NINGBO. It is a well-known retailer by consumers, given that it produces top-notch products on a daily basis. It mainly produces LED lighting to make the life of its consumers much easier than ever before. Because of its good reputation, Bbounder is dedicated to ensuring that its products are not just quality but also they are safe to operate. As such, it makes sure that the products are ETL certified before they reach.
- 5-year warranty: Allows you to return the product in the event that it has some defects either on material or workmanship or both.
- Dusk-to-Dawn photocell: Automatically turns light on at sunset and off at sunrise.
- IP65 waterproof: Enables the light to deal with various situations.
- Rugged aluminum housing: Combines with the corrosion-resistant cast to make the light super durable.
- LED technology: It enables the light to save up to 88-percent of energy, thereby, helping you save a lot of money in the long run.
- DLC & ETL-listing: Shows that the light has undergone thorough tests on safety and quality before reaching you.
- Easy to install and does a great job
- Gives off plenty of light
- Comes on automatically when the sun goes down
- Comes with three wires and three bolts
- Uses less electricity without sacrificing brightness
- Seems to hold up well to the surprises of the outdoor environment
- May come defective, but there is a 5-year unlimited warranty to resolve such issues.
Extra Buying Guide
Preferences vary; hence, what best suits you may not suit the other person as expected. That’s why different LED yard lights have different features. Well, this makes it easy for every customer to get a product that best suits them, both in terms of the price and performance.
- Ease of Installation
LED yard lights that are not easy to install will not only consume your time but also can lead to incorrect installation. And when a lighting system is incorrectly installed, it can fail to work as expected or, even worse, become dangerous to operate. Therefore, you must make sure that the lighting system you go for is easy to install. Check whether it comes with installation hardware or have properly explained instructions, as these are what make installation a breeze.
- The Construction of the Light
Since LED yard lights are designed to be used outdoors, it is advisable that you go for a unit that is made of a strong non-corrosive material. Also, the material should be fully weatherproofed to stand up to adverse weather such as storms, rains, and strong winds. Strong materials help extend the lifespan of a yard light, and this is very economical.
- The Wattage Used
Consider going for an LED yard light with the lowest watt rating. This is because such lights guarantee low power consumption. And with low power consumption, expect to spend very little on electricity bills. Although low wattage is associated with dim lights, this is not the case with modern LED yard lights. Therefore, this should not stop you from going for, perhaps a 24-watt LED yard light.
- The Lifespan of the LED Yard Light
It is obvious that you will not want to spend your hard-earned cash every time on a new LED yard light. With this in mind, try to go for an LED yard light with a long lifespan. This will not just help you save a few bucks in the long run but also will give you the convenience and reliability you have been looking for.
All the LED yard lights we have listed above are top quality. However, we have not written this article to confuse you further, but we have written it to give you a technical know-how on how to end up with the best LED yard light. That’s why we have reviewed products with different features and from different brands at least to make sure there is something for everyone.