LED fish tank lights are useful for all aquatic life. They play an integral part in the growth of plants as well as the health of fish. However, if you want to get the most out of your aquarium light, it is recommended that you consider the best brand. A well-made LED fish tank light always has two modes, which are blue for nightlight and white for daylight. In addition, a top quality LED fish tank light emits enough brightness to ensure optimal growth of plants as well as to provide an ample environment for fish. Check out our top 10 best LED fish tank lights reviews to see the ones we are backing for purchase.
- 1. NICREW Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets
- 2. Smiful LED Submersible Fish Tank Light
- 3. MarineLand LED Aquarium Light Bar
- 4. COODIA Aquarium Hood LED Light for Aquarium/Fish Tank
- 5. COVOART 15inch Fish Tank Light
- 6. VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series LED Aquarium Light
- 7. Current USA Satellite LED Light for Aquarium
- 8. NICREW RGB LED Aquarium Light
- 9. Koval Aquarium Lighting Fish Tank Light
- 10. Hygger LED Aquarium Lights Clip on Fish Tank
1. NICREW Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets
If you want to come up with an amazing underwater home-aquarium environment, then the NICREW Fish Tank Light should be a frontier for you. NICREW has designed it with all the features you need to make sure that you and your fish are 100-percent satisfied. The fixture is equipped with two lighting modes that create a stunning atmosphere. Having said that, expect this fish tank to be a great addition to any fish room. Despite unleashing exceptional results, this unit uses low voltage to ensure that you are always safe when operating it. It fits aquarium with sizes 10, 15, 20 extra high, 20 high, 30 extra high, 26 bow front, and 16 bow front. Besides, the recommended lighting time is 8 – 10 hours. To get the most out of this fixture, the manufacturer recommends that you use it over a glass aquarium panel or cover.
- The brightness is enough for the plants to grow
- Amazing for the price
- It has two options; the night switch and the regular LED switch
- Appears to be a better alternative to fluorescent lights
- Great for growing moderate care plants
- The overall build quality could be better
2. Smiful LED Submersible Fish Tank Light
The fact that this fixture is submersible means you can safely use it in the water. It can be fully submerged in water because of its high waterproof rating of IP68. However, do not submerge the included remote control, power adapter or switch into the water – they are not waterproof. The fish tank light comes with two suction cups to make it super easy to attach to the fish tank. Furthermore, it is equipped with a color-change speed adjustable design that will let you choose one of the modes (smooth, fade, strobe, and flash) to create a more exciting atmosphere. The left-top of the remote has two buttons (Rise/Down) for adjusting the brightness of the light. Moreover, this fish tank light has an explosion protection acrylic glass that will provide your aquarium with a clearer and safer light.
- The company is nice to deal with
- The price is right
- The color buttons are solid and cool
- Nice addition to any fish tank
- The light can be dimmed at night and still have the Tetras shine
- Not for people looking for very bright lights
3. MarineLand LED Aquarium Light Bar
What matters when you are choosing an LED fish tank light is low voltage power supply and energy efficiency. Well, this LED aquarium light bar from MarineLand has all the two things wrapped together. It is one unit that will not make your electricity bill rise insanely. It is great for upgrading an existing aquarium, considering that it comes equipped with advanced lighting technology. What’s more, its 60 mW LED lasts longer to eliminate the hassle of having to replace a light bulb time after time. The daylight LEDs of this fixture creates a shimmering effect, which mimics the natural effect of sunlight. Plus there are 3-position switch-on, blue nightlight LEDs that allow for nighttime enjoyment. The light bar comes with a 1-year warranty, which protects it against any original defects.
- Perfect for plants in small aquariums
- Super bright on both blue and white modes
- It has rubber feet for protection against calcium buildup and moisture
- Seems to have a longer lifespan
- Keeps fish active and healthy
- The power adapter is susceptible to moisture
4. COODIA Aquarium Hood LED Light for Aquarium/Fish Tank
This LED fish tank light comes in many different sizes to fit a wide array of tanks. The different sizes include 11” to 19”, 19” to 28”, 28” to 36”, and 37” to 45”. The LED fish tank light comes with an adjustable bracket with a length that can be adjusted in order to fit a number of fish tanks. It also comes with a high performance remote control, which is equipped with 2.4G technology. Well, with such advanced technology, you will be able to control the light even through a wall. The fish tank fixture is easy to use since all you need to do is to place it on top of the fish tank and then plug it into the power. Whether your fish tank is full of saltwater or freshwater, this fish tank light will make a great purchase.
- The brightness is adjustable for maximum satisfaction
- The style is wonderful; low profile and unobtrusive
- Appears to be well manufactured
- The bright white light looks pretty
- It has many different color and brightness settings
- The remote control does not work as great as advertised
5. COVOART 15inch Fish Tank Light
Despite having a low price tag, this LED fish tank light has all the great features you can ever think of. For instance, it comes with a multi-color remote controller that has sixteen solid colors and four various light modes, including Smooth, Fade, Strobe, and Flash. Another great feature the fish tank light has is the memory function, which enables it to remember the last saved settings. The fixture also has a safety low-voltage design of 12V to make sure it is safe and incapable of causing any harm to fish or people. Its two suction cups make it easy to set up on the fish tank. Additionally, the fish tank light has a waterproof rating of IP68, meaning it can be fully submerged in water. It is equipped with super-bright SMD 5050 LEDs that make it 35-percent brighter compared to other fixtures.
- Lights fish tanks quite well
- The company is very responsive and helpful
- The suction cups are good
- The colors work great
- The glass used is thick and clear
- Not very bright
6. VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series LED Aquarium Light
The price tag of this LED fish tank light may be higher than the ones we have reviewed before, but we are certain it is worth it. The aquarium light is scientifically designed to keep the balance of PAR output and coverage. What’s more, it comes equipped with an internal timer that will let you turn it on and off separately and automatically. The light also has dimmable features for adjusting two channels brightness independently. It comes with a 1-year local warranty as well as a 30-day satisfaction/return guarantee. The fish tank light comes with two hanging kits, wireless remote, user instruction, and 6’ US power cord. It is great for photosynthetic corals, and it comes in two sizes, including Timer Control 165W and Timer Control 300W.
- Easy to program and lights up tanks well
- One remote can be used for all three units
- The color spectrum is amazing
- Covers the entire fish tank well with uniform light and color
- The timer setting is quite straightforward
- Instructions are vague
7. Current USA Satellite LED Light for Aquarium
We are positive that this LED fish tank will do an amazing job on your freshwater aquarium. It has multiple modes that enable it to add intrigue and excitement to any aquarium. The modes include a dim mode, which dims periodically to create cloud cover effects; innovative evening modes that include lunar and dusk, and storm modes that will completely blow you away with lightning strikes. The fixture is very easy to install, and this is because of the sliding docking legs that allow for quick and easy adjustments. It features effects, which mimic real-world conditions as well as boasting the normal white and blue lights. Plus this fixture is super bright, considering that it is equipped with 6500k white LEDs. Its brightness is also contributed by the rich 445Nm Blue LEDs.
- Comes with a remote for easy operation
- More aesthetically pleasing and lighter than traditional fluorescents
- Arrives in good condition and without damages
- The wiring is easy enough to figure out
- Holds up well and seems to have great build quality
- Does not have a timer
8. NICREW RGB LED Aquarium Light
This LED fish tank fits the bill for those with freshwater aquariums with live plants. It comes in many different sizes, including 20” – 24”, 28” – 36”, and 46” – 54”. Moreover, the LED aquarium light is equipped with adjustable mounting legs to allow for flexibility in fitting aquariums with different widths. It is likely to last longer and serve you well because it is made of the structured aluminum profile it is engineered with. The profile optimizes heat dissipation, thereby, improving the lifespan of the LED. In addition, this fixture is equipped with full spectrum RGB LEDs, which show vivid colors of fish and aquatic plants. It comes with a remote for changing the colors and modes. It also comes with a 1-year warranty that offers reliable protection against defects and poor workmanship.
- Very bright and has great penetration
- The customer service is excellent
- The light has a lot of features
- The color selection is decent
- The brightness is adjustable
- Great for the price range
- The remote leaves a lot to be desired
9. Koval Aquarium Lighting Fish Tank Light
Your aquarium needs this, and we’ll tell you why. It is a versatile lighting system that is not just designed to help your aquatic plants grow rapidly but also it is engineered to provide the plants with vivid color. Its LEDs are high quality and have impressive lifetimes that see them work up to 50,000 hours or more, depending on how you care for them. The LED fish tank is also energy efficient and boasts low energy dissipation to help you save as much as possible on electricity bills. The low energy dissipation helps extend the lifespan of the light’s LEDs. Besides, this unit comes with an extendable bracket that enables it to perfectly fit aquariums of different sizes. It is equipped with 5 colors, full spectrum LEDs to make phycophyta vivid.
- Lights up tanks beautifully
- Fits perfectly for optimum performance
- The slim line design improves the aesthetic appeal
- Has a nice metal housing
- Helps plants grow well
- Arrives quickly to ensure ultimate convenience
- The price is a bit on the higher side
10. Hygger LED Aquarium Lights Clip on Fish Tank
Whether you have a freshwater or saltwater aquarium, this LED fish tank light will get the job done. It is equipped with an adjustable clamp that allows for optimum flexibility in fitting many different angles and positions. Additionally, this fish tank light has both white and blue LEDs. The white LEDs are great for daylight, while the blue ones are perfect for nightlight. The aluminum alloy shell used to house this lighting unit is super thin to ensure excellent dissipation of heat. Also, there is an acrylic casing, which is splash resistant. Well, such a well-thought-out design helps improve the lifespan of this fixture. The light will provide your fish tank with an incredible shimmer effect, and this is because it has a total of 30 LEDs. The 30 LEDs also enable it to emit enough brightness, which is healthy for fish and the environment.
- It has two modes, which are controlled by a switch
- Thick and sturdy for solid performance
- The blue light looks pretty cool
- Emits bright light for outstanding results
- Easy to switch on and off
- Does not work with all fish tanks
Everyone who wants to improve the atmosphere of their fish tanks should consider these LED fish tank lights. They are well made and some are even housed in waterproof construction, so you can submerge them into the water. We hope that you will be able to settle for a suitable one for your freshwater or saltwater aquarium.