You cannot rely on the sunlight when taking photos. This is because, sometimes, there is insufficient sunlight that can make photos and videos appear really dark. That being said, every photographer or photojournalist should have an LED camera light. Most of these units are equipped with several LEDs that enable them to provide optimum illumination, thereby, making photographing and filming great. They do not consume much power either since they are LEDs. Ideally, a good number of them are powered by batteries, so you can use them both indoors and outdoors. Below are the top 10 best LED camera lights reviews to help you make the right decision should you decide to buy one.
- 1. NEEWER CN-160 Digital Camera/Camcorder Video Light
- 2. LimoStudio AGG1318 160 LED Video Photo Light
- 3. Neewer Camera Photo Video Lighting Kit
- 4. Neewer CN-LUX360 LED Video Light Lamp
- 5. Neewer 3200-5600K LED with U Bracket Professional Video Light
- 6. Neewer 2×160 LED Dimmable Lighting Kit
- 7. ESDDI 176 LED Video Light
- 8. VILTROX L116T RA CRI95 LED Light Panel
- 9. SUPON LED-L122T RA CRI95 LCD Lighting Panel
- 10. Neewer 2 Pieces 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit
1. NEEWER CN-160 Digital Camera/Camcorder Video Light
The number of LEDs that this LED camera light has is worth giving it the first spot in our reviews. The camera light has up to 160 LEDs, and this ensures maximum diffuser and illumination. Ideally, you can always change the light intensity to get the much-needed professional effects. This camera light is compatible with two batteries, which are AA Ni-MH and Alkaline battery. When you want to use or done using it, simply rotate the switch either to turn it on or off. The switch will also help you adjust the brightness.
- Very consistent and bright
- Portable for superior convenience
- Produces two types of light; bright whites and warm oranges
- The rechargeable batteries last really long
- Seems to fit most tripods and stands
- The battery compartment could be better when closed
2. LimoStudio AGG1318 160 LED Video Photo Light
This LED camera light comes second in our list because it is designed to work with digital DSLR cameras and camcorders, which are readily available in the market. It has up to 160 pieces of LEDs, and this enables it to produce wonderful brightness. Its grid matrix can be dimmed to get the pictures you need whether you are shooting your photos outdoors or indoors. The LED camera light also features color gels that will help you balance the differences in light temperature for outdoor and indoor shooting. The unit comes with a camera shoe adapter to make mounting to any camera a breeze.
- Much brighter than anticipated
- Portable and very powerful
- Comes in a nice hard case
- All the controls feel very solid
- Seems to have a good battery life
- The battery does not fit snug
3. Neewer Camera Photo Video Lighting Kit
The accessories that come with this camera photo video lighting kit are innumerable. That’s why we have included the kit on this list. These accessories include a Universal Adapter with US/EU Plug, a Smart Phone Holder, a Tripod Head Hot Shoe Adapter, 61”/155cm Light Stand, a White and Orange Color Filter Set, a Soft Tube, and an 18”/48cm Outer 55W 5500K LED Ring Light. The 61” (155cm) light stand is made of aluminum alloy, meaning it has outstanding strength. The soft tube is for making the light rotate freely, so you can achieve the best position.
- Not complicated to set up
- Great value for the price
- Works great for YouTube videos
- Comes with international plug for foreign use
- Dimmable to give the perfect lighting
- The tripod could be better
4. Neewer CN-LUX360 LED Video Light Lamp
If you are on a budget yet you want to take home the best quality product, the Neewer CN-LUX360 LED Video Light Lamp is for you. This unit is lightweight and very portable to let you get different light brightness. Ideally, it does not consume too much power, and this further makes it a must-have for any economic-minded person. The LED video light lamp is also eco-friendly and has a long service life to offer the much-needed reliability. It has 64 LED bulbs, which may not be as many as the other brands we reviewed earlier but still offers the brightness that is needed.
- The size and build quality seem okay
- The price is unbeatable
- Comes with filter options
- The adjustment dial is remarkably smooth and sensitive
- Has a good battery life
- Drains batteries quickly
5. Neewer 3200-5600K LED with U Bracket Professional Video Light
Neewer includes a 1-year warranty on the purchase of this LED camera light. And this has greatly impressed us. They also provide buyers with Lifetime e-mail Customer Support to make sure that you do not experience any problems using this product. The LED camera light can be used wirelessly with the Sony NP-F550 NP-F970 Li-ion battery (sold separately) or powered by an AC adapter (comes with the kit). It is made of a premium aluminum alloy that not only makes it durable but also enhances its elegance. The unit comes with a U-mount bracket that will let you adjust the lighting angle to suit different shooting environment.
- Great for professional videos and photo needs
- The build quality is great
- Allows users to go between cool and warm temps
- Great for wedding photography
- Produces very smooth and even light
- Not the brightest brand on the market
6. Neewer 2×160 LED Dimmable Lighting Kit
Neewer knows that you have several perfect moments to capture with this 2×160 LED Dimmable Lighting Kit. That’s why they do not want you to run out of power. And to achieve that, they provide two replacement batteries. They also offer a battery charger to further improve inconvenience. This LED camera light can be mounted to any standard hot shoe on most DSLR and digital video cameras. It is a complete kit that includes two CN-160 LED video light, two 5.9-by-6.7 inch (15-by-17 cm) Softbox, two Li-Ion battery pack replacement for Sony Camcorder, one battery charger, and a 6’ (190 cm) light stand.
- Very bright and works really well
- Works great for studio
- Ideal for making quick and easy photo shoots
- The storage bag holds items perfectly
- Quick and easy to set up
- The battery does not last long
7. ESDDI 176 LED Video Light
You need the best LED camera light to get the perfect shoots. That’s why we are very happy to introduce you to this ultra bright dimmable camera panel light. It comes with a battery and USB cable to make sure that you have everything you need to get started. It is compatible with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, and Pentax. Its 176 LEDs ensure optimum illumination to provide you with the outstanding results you have been looking for. Additionally, this LED video light has 4-color filters that further enhance its performance.
- Can be used in any event
- Great for longer nighttime photos
- The lighting can be adjusted
- Can be carried anywhere
- The build quality seems robust
- Filters are of good quality
- The quality of the charger could be better
8. VILTROX L116T RA CRI95 LED Light Panel
The versatility of this LED camera light cannot be unmatched. That’s why we have included it here. With this LED light panel, you will be able to capture every moment you feel is worth remembering. It is great for wedding, portrait, and children, among others. It boasts a high-definition LCD display that makes the operation interface clear. Besides, the LED light panel comes with a hot shoe adapter that makes it easy to mount on DV camcorder, tripod, and DSLR. Its brightness ranges from 20% to 100%, while its color temperature can be adjusted from 3300 to 5600K.
- The price will not crash your bank account
- Produces bright lights, which are great for streaming
- Incredibly good for the size
- Portable for ultimate convenience
- The color can be adjusted
- Does not come with a power supply or cable
9. SUPON LED-L122T RA CRI95 LCD Lighting Panel
This is another versatile product that is worth considering during your quest for the best quality LED camera light. Because of its versatility, the LCD lighting panel is perfect for video recording, photojournalistic, macrophotography, and many more. Its high-definition LCD display makes the operation interface clear. Besides, this LCD lighting panel is very flexible, and, therefore, can be mounted on a tripod, DV camcorder, and DSLR. Its color temperature can be adjusted from 3300K – 5600K to make sure that you always get the perfect results every time. This LCD lighting panel is compatible with Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, Pentax, Fujifilm, Samsung, Olympus, and many more.
- The slim profile is really nice
- Seems solidly made for long-term use
- The price is within an affordable range
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Offers a good amount of light
- The full brightness setting really drain the battery life
10. Neewer 2 Pieces 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit
Not every LED camera light comes with a stand kit. Therefore, the fact that this 660 LED Video Light has one means it is a must-review in any serious article. It is bi-color, with 330 of its lights being white, while the remaining 330 being yellow. The lights are LED; hence, they will not consume a lot of power. They are also durable, so they can provide long-lasting performance. When it comes to the build quality, they are up there with the best. And this is owed to the fact that they are made of premium quality aluminum alloy.
- The light output can be adjusted
- Creates a more dramatic feel than ever before
- The price is reasonable
- Has a great battery life
- Can be used anywhere
- The packaging should be improved
Because of the unreliability of the sunlight, it is advisable that you have an LED camera light. They are convenient units with adjustable lights to help you get exceptional results even when the natural light is frustratingly low. What’s more, they are affordable, and this means you can acquire them anytime.