Leather materials are nowadays used to make several products because they are durable and look amazing. For example, sofas and pieces of furniture made of leather really blend well with the existing décor. Car seats made of leather are also beautiful not to mention being incredibly comfortable. However, one main problem with leather is that they are a little difficult to repair in the event that they are scratched, cut, torn or just worn out.
Considering how leather products are expensive, it can really be frustrating to see them get damaged gradually. Luckily, you do not need to be frustrated anymore, as the market now has leather repair kits. These kits contain different colors, which you need to mix to create a custom color that will blend perfectly with the sofa, handbag, car seat, boot or any leather item you want to repair. We have talked about them comprehensively in the following top 10 best leather repair kits reviews. Have a look.
- 1. LeatherNu Leather Color Restoration & Repair Kit
- 2. Furniture Clinic Leather Re-Coloring Balm (Bordeaux)
- 3. Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
- 4. Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Leather Conditioner Scratch Repair
- 5. FORTIVO Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
- 6. Restoration Leather Superior Leather and Vinyl Repair
- 7. Leather Repair Doctor Complete DIY Kit
- 8. BlendItOn Leather Max Repair Kit
- 9. EASESEC 25 PCS Leather Repair Kit
- 10. Alago Leather and Vinyl Repair and Restoration Kit
1. LeatherNu Leather Color Restoration & Repair Kit
The LeatherNu Leather Color Restoration & Repair Kit has been given the number one slot because of its versatility. It does not just repair leather goods but also it re-dyes as well as touching them up. This means you will be able to use it to re-dye or touch up worn out spots where the original color of the leather has faded or completely worn off. The kit repairs leather, which has been physically damaged with a hole, cut, puncture, burn, tear or rip. And it does that by using a professional repair compound. It has 7 intermix color dyes that blend effortlessly to match any color of leather good you may have. The repair kit is great for sofas, shoes, couches, jackets, car seats, and apparel, among others.
- Works great in repairing any leather good
- Not difficult to use
- Dries clear to leave behind great results
- Makes leather items look new
- Customer service is amazing
- Instructions are kind of vague on color match
2. Furniture Clinic Leather Re-Coloring Balm (Bordeaux)
The second item on our list is the Furniture Clinic Leather Re-Coloring Balm because it is also versatile. That being said, the re-coloring balm is ideal for repairing furniture, handbags, clothes, shoes, and any other product made of absorbent leather. It restores the color to all absorbent leathers quickly and easily. It is also perfect for restoring the color to faded and worn out leather. The re-coloring balm has twenty-one colors formulated for use on leather from dark to light shade. You will, therefore, find it handy for repairing leathers that have been damaged as a result of being exposed to direct heat or sunlight. One application of this re-coloring balm lasts up to 3 years and this means you will save a lot.
- Restores heavily faded leather furniture
- Repairs several leather goods
- Makes old leather items look brand new
- Dries well and does not rub on clothes
- A little goes a long way
- Does not work on non-absorbent leather
3. Coconix Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
We would like to recommend this repair kit for you because it comes with a step-by-step guide to help you achieve the best results. The step-by-step guide also makes it very easy to use. Another reason why we love this repair kit is that it comes with a 100-percent satisfaction and manufacturer guarantee. That being said, it has a 30-day money back guarantee as well as a 1-year free replacement warranty. We are also impressed by the fact that this repair kit works on any type of leather including new or old genuine leather, synthetic, premium upholstery, faux, and imitation. It provides enough compound to patch up wide and midsize rips. As a result, you will not need any heat tools, tape, glue, putty or patches.
- The customer service is great
- Simple to use and gives great end results
- Fixes blemishes in leather furniture
- Durable and simple to use
- Great for small rips and burns
- The color containers are smaller than expected
4. Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Leather Conditioner Scratch Repair
The scratches made by your pet should not be bothersome anymore. This is because the Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Leather Conditioner Scratch Repair works wonders to make sure they are all eliminated. It deeply repairs, conditions, and restores leather, much to your delight. Additionally, the Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Leather Scratch Repair is carefully optimized, so it can enrich the oldest of antique and well-loved leather. It is made in the USA; hence, expect nothing but the best results. Since it is made from all-natural and cosmetic grade ingredients, this leather repair kit can work on nearly all leather types. It comes with a premium fine pore scrubbing and absorption sponge to ensure that you are able to get the best out of it.
- Makes leather sofa look new again
- Smells and feels like coconut oil
- Comes with its own sponge applicator
- Darkens the scratch and allows it to blend in fairly well
- A little goes a long way
- The shine could be better
5. FORTIVO Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
This leather & vinyl repair kit works on car seats, furniture, couch, jackets, luggage, belts, automotive, shoes, and vinyl. It comes with clear instructions, and this makes it extremely easy to restore damaged leather goods. The repair and vinyl kit is regarded as one of the best repair kits on the market, meaning it will not disappoint you when it comes to doing touch-ups, repairs, and even fixing various leather goods. It works in 5 steps; thus, it will give you results much faster than expected. What’s more, this vinyl and repair kit does not require heat in order to give professional quality results. It comes with seven intermixable colors to make sure you are satisfied with the end results.
- Very easy to use and works well
- Looks quality and professional
- Instructions are super simple
- Gives a beautiful color match
- Durable and very tough
- The price is affordable
- Goes on smoothly
- Products are of very small amounts
6. Restoration Leather Superior Leather and Vinyl Repair
If your leather repair kit is in dire need of restoration, then this leather repair kit is what you need. It is a flawless color-matching DIY kit that is formulated by a team of leading upholstery professionals. Because of this, the leather & vinyl repair kit has a wide variety of color compounds to ensure that you are able to seamlessly match your materials. It works wonders and that’s why leading automotive techs prefer it. Additionally, the repair kit is super versatile; hence, you will be able to use it for re-coloring and restoration as well as to eliminate scratches, holes, cracks, and tears on car seats, luggage, RV, jackets, couches, and shoes. Based on what previous users say, this kit is undoubtedly the best.
- Great for repairing leather seats
- Easy to use and works as expected
- Customer service is outstanding
- Instructions included are straightforward
- Comes with a color matching chart
- Holds up well once applied
- Drying time takes a little longer
7. Leather Repair Doctor Complete DIY Kit
We are certain that you will love this leather repair kit. This is because it is a premium bonding adhesive and high-quality paint that comes already pre-mixed. As such, you will have twice as much solution in each of the seven color jars. Another reason that makes us certain that you will like it is that it can re-color, repair, and touch-up any leather or vinyl surface. With that said, it is perfect for furniture, chair, jacket, purse, belts, car seat, and couch. Furthermore, this leather repair kit does not require heat to work. Plus it has a water-based solution and dries fast to instantly bond and turn into durable leather to make the repair long-lasting. It comes with lifetime warranty and 100-percent money back guarantee for worry-free buying experience.
- The color guide allows for easy use
- Works as advertised
- Directions are very easy to understand
- Matches any color of the leather
- Comes with enough colors
- Tends to peel off if wrongly applied
8. BlendItOn Leather Max Repair Kit
Formulated for all kinds of leather and vinyl, the BlendItOn Leather Max Repair Kit has all the reasons to be here. It is an easy-to-use kit that comes with three color shades to make sure you have no problem blending them. It is perfect for complete color repairing and restoring or color changing. Since it is professionally formulated, this repair kit will not rub off on your clothing not to mention being easy to clean up with water. It comes with full instructions as well as links to YouTube DIY videos. It is waterproof and non-toxic to give you the best results ever. Additionally, the repair kit does not use heat, meaning it is extremely easy to use. That said, go ahead and use it on your couch, handbag, chair, purse, sofa or furniture.
- Blends and fixes up easily
- Great for dyeing faded areas
- Very easy to use and works perfectly
- Leaves a smooth finish
- Comes with both video and instructions
- It is rubbed off easily by leather cleaners
9. EASESEC 25 PCS Leather Repair Kit
This professional leather kit contains up to 25 pieces to make sure you get the maximum out of it. It contains seven large bottles heat cure repair compounds and two bottles 15gm repair adhesives. The kit also comes with three grain papers, one leather piece, one backing fabric, two alcohol prep pads, one plastic spatula, one masking tape, one instruction manual, one heat transfer tool, one mixing cup, one glove, two cotton swabs, one instruction manual, and one brush. All these pieces have been carefully chosen to ensure that you are not left behind. Because of all these pieces, expect this leather kit to be handy for repairing, restoring, and touching up items back to new. The kit repairs scratch, burns, cuts, and holes.
- Comes with up to 7 different colors
- Makes damage less noticeable
- Directions are very easy to follow
- Comes with all items needed for repair work
- Works perfectly and gives great results
- Takes days to dry
10. Alago Leather and Vinyl Repair and Restoration Kit
If you got carried away by the 24-piece leather repair kit, then we don’t know how you will react to the fact that this vinyl repair and restoration kit has up to 30 pieces. Well, these pieces are seven large bottles heat cure repair compounds, one bottle adhesives, one backing fabric piece, one practice leather piece, one heat transfer tool, three grain papers, one mixing spatula, two empty mixing cups, one instruction manual, five cotton swabs, one white sponge disc, two leather sandpapers, two alcohol prep pads, two gloves, one tweezer, and one small scissor. The kit repairs scratches, burns, holes, and cuts in any vinyl or leather surface. It also prevents the spread of damage. Furthermore, it can be used to restore any color of vinyl or leather.
- Blends well with most couches
- Works well to restore some worn out areas on the sofa
- The squeeze tubes allow users to add color drop by drop
- Instructions are detailed and talk about everything
- Offers a convenient way to maintain a leather product
- A little difficult to use
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Leather Repair Kit
Although leather repair kits work great, it is important to note that not all of them deliver the same results. With that said, you can really be disappointed if you rush into choosing products without considering a buyer’s guide. So, go ahead and take a quick glance at the factors we have listed below.
- The Color
In most cases, a leather repair kit will have several colors to help you create a custom color that blends with whatever leather product you want to repair. With that said, make sure that the kit you are going for mostly has the colors you need. Well, this will help you get the most out of the kit you have just bought.
- The Versatility of the Kit
We mentioned earlier that several products are made of leather. And some of these products are shoes, handbags, car seats, sofas, purses, jackets, caps, and many more. For this reason, it is advisable to go for a versatile leather repair kit. This is because you never know which of your leather good is going to get damaged. Also, make sure that the repair kit you are going for restores and repairs burns, cuts, and scratches.
- Instructions of the Kit
Regardless of how good a repair kit is, if the instructions are not detailed or clear enough, then you are likely to fail to get the best out of it. Therefore, ensure that the leather repair kit you are set to buy has clear instructions. This means the instructions should be concise and step by step. If possible, the kit should also have a video for further demonstrations on how to use it.
- Components contained in the Kit
Remember you are buying a kit, and, therefore, it will be great if it can come with everything you need. That being said, your kit should come with all the items needed for repair and restoration. Some of the items that a kit should have are colors, mixing spatula, color matching chart, mixing cup, practice vinyl, vinyl adhesive, backing fabric, and many more.
- Price according to Quality
Leather repair kits are available in a wide price range. This means, as a buyer, you should not go past your budget to buy an expensive item thinking that its quality is the best. In the above products, we have managed to find some good leather repair kits with pocket-friendly prices. So, set your budget and storm the market with brimming confidence knowing that there is something for everyone.
That’s all we had for you today. We hope that you were able to not just find a suitable leather repair kit but also learn one or two things about how to maintain your leather products. We also hope that you gained enough knowledge that will no doubt come in handy in the future.