Sleep is very important to the overall development of kids. That’s why experts advise that you put your kid to sleep regularly. But this may be kind of hard, considering that kids are not always at home to sleep on their comfortable, well-thought beds. They may be at the daycare or preschool where there are virtually no beds. Ideally, they may want to spend a night at their grandma’s place, and, normally, these places do not have kids’ beds.
So, what do you do? Well, we have an idea; simply go for a kids’ nap mat. Designed with portability in mind, kid’s nap mats can be used anywhere from preschool to daycare to grandma’s place to an overnight trip. They are also well padded, and this means they will keep your kid comfortable regardless of the surface the mat is lying on. Additionally, nap mats for kids can be cleaned, meaning they are hygienic as well. We have gathered some and talked about them comprehensively in the following top 10 best kids nap mats reviews.
- 1. Wildkin Microfiber Children’s Nap Mat
- 2. Wildkin Sleeping Bag – Planes, Trains, Trucks
- 3. DreamWorks Trolls Drawstring Carry Bag with Nap Mat
- 4. Urban Infant Tot Cot Toddler Nap Mat
- 5. Lambs & Ivy Nap Mat (Train)
- 6. Disney Mickey’s Toddler Nap Mat (Flight Academy)
- 7. Nickelodeon Blue Paw Patrol Toddler Nap Mat
- 8. Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nap Mat
- 9. Lambs & Ivy Blue Snoopy Nap Mat
- 10. Hi Sprout Stars Kids Nap Mat – Minky Dot & Cotton
1. Wildkin Microfiber Children’s Nap Mat
One of the best places where you can lull your kid is on this nap mat. This is because the nap mat is made of a high-quality and soft microfiber material that makes it durable as well as comfortable. The microfiber fabric also offers optimal breathability and cushion to help add comfort. Another feature that makes this nap mat recommended for kids is the no-zipper design. In other words, the lack of zippers will let your little one have added leg room not to mention increasing air circulation. It is because of such features that make us believe that this nap mat is one of the best. Also, we like the unique patterns, which offer a bold and exciting look.
- Easy to roll when you are on the go
- Can be put over napping cots in preschool
- Cleans easily to save time and effort
- Much more soft and plush than other nap mats
- Unique patterns and design enhance cuteness
- Could be a little longer
2. Wildkin Sleeping Bag – Planes, Trains, Trucks
Your little one deserves to have the best. And when we talk about the best, we refer to this roomy and plush sleeping bag. It promises to be a handy sleeping platform, especially during slumber parties and daycare snoozes. Measuring 66-by-1.5-by-30 inches, the sleeping bag will no doubt provide your youngster with a comfortable place to spend the night. It also comes with a matching pillowcase that helps add warmth and comfort. Plus it has a storage bag, which comes in handy during travel. The sleeping bag is made of a premium fabric, which is known for amazing durability and comfort. Its exterior, on the other hand, is made of a quality blend of microfiber and cotton, so it can offer optimal breathability and cushion.
- Holds up well to regular use and washes
- Soft on the inside to provide maximum comfort
- Available in many patterns to choose from
- Easy to put away when not in use
- Colors and prints look beautiful
- The pillow could be better
3. DreamWorks Trolls Drawstring Carry Bag with Nap Mat
If your kid is a Troll fan, then this combination of a drawstring carry bag and a nap mat is a must-buy. It has stunning patterns and design that will undoubtedly make it the center of attention at the next sleepover. Additionally, the set has a drawstring carry bag to let your little one take their bedtime anywhere they like. There is also a convenient side zipper that makes going out and coming in super easy. This set is perfect for watching TV and going for sleepovers at a grandma’s or friend’s home. The slumber bag measures 52 inches long by 30 inches wide; hence, it is just the right size for most little kids. The sling bag, on the other hand, measures 26 inches long by 30 inches wide by 3 inches high.
- Makes a great gift for kids
- Strong enough to overcome the demands of everyday use
- Great for camping and summer nights
- The sling bag is roomy
- The color and size look cute
- Its quality is not the best
4. Urban Infant Tot Cot Toddler Nap Mat
We love it, parents love it, kids love it, as well as everyone else who likes amazing kids’ products! That’s why we have included it here. The Tot Cot is made of a lightweight fabric to ensure that it can be easily carried from place to place. Nevertheless, do not judge it based on the lightweight fabric, as it is one of the most durable nap mats for kids. Its durability enables it to withstand everyday use let alone every week washing. The Tot Cot also displays an attractive and cute appearance that will make your kid proud and a happy user. It has a child’s name tag, quick roll-up system, thin quilted lining, and an attached fleece blanket to make sure your youngster has everything they need.
- Very light for easy carry
- Fits the daycare cot perfectly
- Easy to wash and convenient to roll up
- Very comfortable and looks adorable
- Well made and holds up perfectly
- A little thinner than expected
5. Lambs & Ivy Nap Mat (Train)
We bet nearly every kid loves a nap mat. That’s why we feel very proud to introduce to you the Lambs & Ivy Nap Mat (Train). It is a convenient nap mat that comes with an all-in-one pillow and a blanket. That being said, the nap mat is ideal for sleepovers at a grandma’s or friend’s house. It is also perfect for preschool, travel, and daycare. With it, your child will have just the perfect platform to relax. And when he/she is done relaxing, there are Velcro closures and a carry handle for easy roll up and carry. Furthermore, this nap mat features a name tag that will prevent it from getting lost. It measures 20.25” x 45” and comes with a pillow for added convenience.
- Velcro tabs neatly keep it rolled up
- The price is reasonable
- The carrying strap is helpful
- Easy to clean and has a cute design
- The light fabric dries quickly
- The padding is thin, but this does not hinder the mat from working as expected
6. Disney Mickey’s Toddler Nap Mat (Flight Academy)
The Disney Mickey’s Toddler Nap Mat (Flight Academy) is a rolled nap mat that reminds kids the story of Captain Mickey as he prepares to go on a stunning adventure. The mat comes with a blanket and an all-in-one pillow to ensure that your little one has a comfortable and perfect place to sleep. It is made of 100-percent polyester microfiber, which is known for unwavering durability and comfort. The polyester microfiber also washes easily with no ironing or dry cleaning required. That said, expect to take very short time cleaning this mat, blanket, and pillow. Disney recommends this nap mat for children aged at least 2 years. Moreover, they have included an easy carry strap to make the nap mat very easy to carry during travel.
- Can be carried and used in a preschool
- Comfortable and feels very cozy
- Holds up well to washings
- The pillow is attached to the blanket for convenience
- Perfect for kids who love Mickey
- Could be thicker
7. Nickelodeon Blue Paw Patrol Toddler Nap Mat
We know your son loves Nickelodeon. That’s why we feel very happy to have found something that will constantly remind him of the sweet memories from Nickelodeon. Well, this is none other than the Nickelodeon Blue Paw Patrol Toddler Nap Mat. Made of 100-percent polyester, this nap mat is arguably one of the sturdiest and easiest to care for kids’ nap mats. It comes with a fleece blanket and a pillow, so it can provide your little one with a nice, comfortable place to sleep. It also features Velcro closures that make it extremely easy to roll up as well as a carry handle, which makes it easy to carry once it has been rolled up. The nap mat is perfect for daycare, sleepovers, and many more.
- Washes quickly and easily in the machine
- The soft cover promotes comfort
- Has a slot for placing your child’s name
- Stands up to regular washing
- Makes a great gift for Birthdays and Christmas
- The pillow needs a little improvement
8. Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nap Mat
Every child who is a fan of teenage mutant ninja turtles dreams of seeing these animations as frequent as possible. That’s why we do not have second thoughts reviewing the Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nap Mat. It is a unique nap mat that has teenage mutant ninja turtles as its features. For this reason, expect your little boy to be totally happy to sleep in it. The nap mat is made of 100-percent polyester, and, therefore, it is durable. Additionally, it comes with a fleece blanket and a pillow to give your youngster complete comfort. It also has Velcro closures and a carry handle, which make it very easy to carry to sleepovers, daycare or overnight trips.
- Super soft and has a nice pillow
- Sturdy and holds up well
- Washes up easily in the machine
- Folds effortlessly for maximum portability
- The price is within an affordable range
- Has a slot to put your child’s name
- The pillow needs a lot of improvement
9. Lambs & Ivy Blue Snoopy Nap Mat
The fact that this snoopy nap mat comes with a name label means you will be able to personalize it. As if that’s not enough, this nap mat has been made with convenience in mind. That being said, it comes with an all-in-one pillow and a blanket. It also has Velcro tab closures and a carry handle, which make it very easy to carry to the daycare, grandma’s house or overnight trips. The nap mat measures 20-1/4 by 45 inches; hence, it perfectly fits most kids. It is recommended for children aged between 2 and 5 years. What’s more, it is made of a blend of cotton and polyester, so it can provide both comfort and durability. We are certain that your little one will surely love it.
- The fleece blanket is super soft
- The Velcro tabs improve convenience
- The pillow holds up well
- Unique and looks cute
- Washes easily and well
- Could be better with enough padding
10. Hi Sprout Stars Kids Nap Mat – Minky Dot & Cotton
When you buy the Hi Sprout Stars Kids Nap Mat – Minky Dot & Cotton, you get a blanket and a pillow. In other words, the nap mat is so convenient that your kid will lack virtually nothing. Still on convenience; this nap mat rolls into a simple, easy-to-carry cylinder. Your little one will, therefore, be able to effortlessly carry it to a daycare, preschool, grandparent’s house or overnight trips. The nap mat is made of 100-percent skin-friendly cotton, which is comfortable and very soft. It also features a colorful Minky dot interior to further improve its cuteness. Also, this nap mat comes equipped with built-in plastic buckles that work with the carry handle to make portability a snap.
- Looks adorable and quality
- Stands up to frequent washes well
- Strap buckles make folding and carrying easy
- Well made and work great
- The soft cotton improves comfort
- The pillow is removable
- The price is a little higher than most nap mats
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Kids’ Nap Mat
The following are the features to consider when buying a kid’s nap mat. Well, we have done thorough research before writing them on this page. For this reason, expect to be well informed once you are done reading the buyer’s guide.
- Portability of the Mat
It is important to choose a kids’ nap mat that is designed with portability in mind. This is because such mats are very easy to carry from place to place. They can, therefore, be used anywhere including at a grandma’s house, daycare, preschool, and camping trip. That said, make sure the mat you go for has Velcro closures and a carry handle. If possible, it should come with a carrying bag as well.
- The Material Used
The kids’ nap mat you are set to go for should be made of a soft and comfortable material such as cotton and/or polyester. The material should also be easy to wash not to mention being capable of drying fast. Plus it should be durable to hold up well to frequent washes and adverse environment.
Before you choose a kids’ nap mat, make sure you are well conversant with its size. This will prevent you from choosing a mat that is either too short or too long for your little one. Choosing the correct measurements/size also help improve portability.
- The thickness of the Padding
A good kids’ nap mat should not be thin to the extent that it makes your child uncomfortable when they use it to lie on the floor. It should also not be too thick to make washing and drying it quite difficult. That said, go for a nap mat with the right padding i.e. padding, which is neither too thin nor too thick.
- Removable Pillow
A good number of kids’ nap mats have pillows that cannot be separated from them. As such, washing them can be difficult not to mention their likelihood of getting damaged due to frequent washing. So, make sure that the nap mat you choose for your kid has a removable pillow for convenience.
- Age Bracket
Do not choose a kids’ nap mat with a size that is either below the age of your kid or above the age of your kid. This is because such mats are likely to compromise the safety of your little one by posing a risk of suffocation. They are also likely to compromise comfort by fitting your little one incorrectly. Therefore, be sure to check the age recommendation before making a purchase.
It is the duty of every parent to make sure that their kids are always safe even when they are asleep. And one of the most convenient ways to achieve that is to go for a kids’ nap mat. These pieces of bedding are portable, and, therefore, can be used anywhere. We have reviewed the best ones in the section above with the hope that you will have an easier time getting a suitable brand for your cute little angel.