Winter is not the time to hide with your kids in the house in the name of keeping warm; it is the time to enjoy a different sport altogether! It is the period when your kid can try out winter sports such as ice hockey and ice skating. What’s more, these games do not need your young one to be a professional player in order to enjoy them. All it needs are the right equipment and sporting gear.
For instance, ice skating needs your kid to have the best kids’ ice skates to enjoy every moment. Ice skates will help your little girl or boy balance exceptionally well. Ideally, most of them have waterproof soles to keep feet dry on an otherwise wet surface. In our article, we talk about the top 10 best kids ice skates. So, whether your youngster is a beginner or expert, this is the place to come to.
- 1. American Athletic Girl’s Ice Skates
- 2. Lake Placid Girl’s Ice Skate
- 3. Lake Placid Summit Boys Ice Skate
- 4. Lake Placid Summit Girls Ice Skate
- 5. Lake Placid Girls Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate
- 6. Lake Placid Boys Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate
- 7. Jackson Ultima Women’s and Girl’s Ice Skates
- 8. Lake Placid Cascade Girls Ice Skate
- 9. Lake Placid Monarch Girls Ice Skate
- 10. Lake Placid Starglide Boy’s Ice Skate
1. American Athletic Girl’s Ice Skates
These ice skates from American Athletic have all the qualities ice skaters need to achieve the best performance. That being said, they are comfortable and fit perfectly to make sure your kid is totally focused on ice skating. Additionally, these ice skates are durable enough to overcome the high demands of ice skating. They are well designed and even provide ankle support with their multi-layered craftsmanship. Another feature that these ice skates have for maximum comfort is the form-fitting padded split tongue. If you want your little one to become a great ice skater, look no further than these ice skaters. Well, this is because of their features as well as their performance. They give good comfort, which, in turn, helps boost performance.
- Great for casual beginners
- Ice skates look very nice
- Serve their purpose well
- The fit and quality are great
- The price is very reasonable
- Ice skates are a little stiff
2. Lake Placid Girl’s Ice Skate
Lake Placid is gradually becoming a notable company. And that’s why it has continued to get more and more customers. One of their products is this ice skate, which, in our opinion, should be considered by any little girl who loves skating. This is because the footwear features double runners to give skaters the much-needed confidence while they are skating on ice. These double runners also add balance. In addition, this ice skate is well made and seems to overcome almost anything the skating conditions throw at it. Its upper is made of vinyl and then padded to offer not just durability but also to provide extra comfort. The ice skate has a sport boot design, and it is great for beginners.
- Perfect for beginners
- The double blades are useful
- Slides on feet with minimal pushing
- The sizing is spot on
- Comfortable and easy to put on
- Blades could be less blunt
3. Lake Placid Summit Boys Ice Skate
If you are economic-minded, the Lake Placid Summit Boys Ice Skate is the footwear to buy for your son. It is the type of ice skate that your child will be able to put on again and again as he grows. Well, this is because it is equipped with a kid-friendly fit system, which expands it up to 4 full sizes. The ice skate also features reinforced ankle support to ensure that your little one is really comfortable while doing what they love most. Moreover, the sole of this ice skate is waterproof to prevent water or ice from coming into contact with the feet. Other features that we believe make this ice skate one of the best pieces of footwear is the power strap and the locking buckle.
- Fits and supports the ankle well
- Makes a great gift for any skating enthusiast
- The price is pocket-friendly
- Well made and seems to be of good quality
- Perfect for constantly growing kids
- A little bulky/heavy on the feet
4. Lake Placid Summit Girls Ice Skate
It is the joy of every parent to see their kids become successful in whatever hobby they take part in. That’s why we introduce to you the Lake Placid Summit Girls Ice Skate. Like the Lake Placid Summit Boys Ice Skate, this one is equipped with a kid-friendly fit system, which expands it up to 4 full sizes. For this reason, your little girl will be able to wear it again and again. The woven lining included in this ice skate combines well with deluxe padding to give undisputed comfort. Also, there is a waterproof sole that helps provide good conditions for skating. Plus the blade of this ice skate is made of stainless steel, so it can give optimum performance.
- Quick and very easy to put on
- The adjustable size improves convenience
- Well made and feels solid
- The price is within an affordable range
- Very easy to adjust and customize
- The design is a little flawed, but this does not hinder the performance of the ice skate
5. Lake Placid Girls Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate
The comfort liner of this ice skate is washable, and this is what makes it one of the best. Also, this ice skate boasts adjustable sizing to make sure you are able to find your kid the perfect fit without much fuss. That being said, it can be adjusted to fit shoe sizes 11 – 13 (small), 1 – 4 (medium), and 4 – 7 (large). The ice skate is also made powerful by the steel blades that are made of nickel plated and heat treated to ensure that they can go a long time without becoming blunt. Plus they have quick fit cam buckles that make things much easier. Based on how this ice skate is designed, we are certain that it will not be a letdown.
- Makes ice skating more enjoyable
- The price is reasonable
- Fits well and it’s easy to get on
- Adjusts quickly and easily
- Goes well with snowflakes
- Buckles take some time to get used to
6. Lake Placid Boys Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate
Your kid’s ice skates should not sacrifice looks for performance. That’s why we recommend the Lake Placid Boys Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate. Well, it is high performing, and, therefore, you will be able to get the best out of it. It boasts an EZ Push button design that enables it to effortlessly adjust the size in order to fit your kid’s growing foot. The ice skate also has adjustable sizing, just like the Lake Placid Girls Nitro 8.8 Ice Skate. This means it fits shoe sizes between 11 – 1 (small), 1 – 4 (medium), and 4 – 7 (large). To keep hygiene at a top level, this ice skate has a washable liner. Besides, its buckles fit quickly and easily to promote convenience.
- Comfortable and adjusts well
- Easy to put on and use
- Great for a 6-year-old boy
- Can be used by very little kids
- Looks cool on the foot
- The size is smaller than anticipated
7. Jackson Ultima Women’s and Girl’s Ice Skates
Jackson Ultima Women’s and Girl’s Ice Skates are other ice skates that we would like to bring to your attention. Their outsole is not just made of PVC for maximum durability but also is stylized to give them great looks. These ice skates also have foam backed vinyl/mesh tongue that helps contribute to comfort. Their Ultima Mark II blades are attached with screws, so they can stay on and help your youngster get the best results. Considering their sizes, these ice skates can be used by both women and girls. Their price ranges nicely to make sure there is something for everyone. We are certain that you or your kid will love them so much.
- Great for a beginner skater
- The sizes are similar to what the chart says
- Fit perfectly and have a premium feel
- Come with blades already sharpened and oiled
- Glide so smooth on the ice
- Come with blade covers
- Likely to be stiff at first
8. Lake Placid Cascade Girls Ice Skate
You definitely want to watch your little one slide perfectly over the ice. That’s why we have a feeling that you and your little girl will like this ice skate. Featuring a reinforced ankle support, the ice skate will give your girl the support she needs. Besides, it has a waterproof sole to prevent water from getting inside and reaching your feet. It also looks really cool; thanks to its innovative design. The upper of this boot is synthetic and means it can withstand the frequent abuse. Also, there are woven liners that are warm and feature comfort padding to let your child ice skate for a pretty a long time.
- Offers a good level of ankle support
- Laces are long enough
- The water-resistant sole helps keep the feet dry
- The price is great
- Looks beautiful and well designed
- Seems to provide enough comfort
- The blade is flat when shipped
9. Lake Placid Monarch Girls Ice Skate
Lake Placid believes that ice skating should be enjoyable. Well, this statement is fully supported by the Lake Placid Monarch Girls Ice Skate, considering how it is designed. That being said, it has stainless steel blades that are strong enough to tackle the tricky icy conditions. The ice skate also features a waterproof sole that will keep your feet dry during skating. Its push-button size is adjustable, meaning your girl will be able to customize the size. Moreover, the ice skate also provides maximum comfort with its warm woven lining. Plus it has deluxe comfort padding that further takes comfort to another level. It is the type of ice skate that your daughter will really find handy.
- Grows with the child well
- Not too heavy to compromise the performance
- Makes a great Christmas gift
- The outer is soft and has beautiful details
- Great for a beginner skater
- May be a little uncomfortable
10. Lake Placid Starglide Boy’s Ice Skate
Lastly, there is the Lake Placid Starglide Boy’s Ice Skate. And it is here because it works great. It features a sport boot design that not only contributes to its looks but also performance. Additionally, it has double runner blades, unlike other ice skates, to allow your boy to get that balance they need while skating. The ice skate also boasts a smooth vinyl upper that features padding to give extra comfort. Its blade is zinc plated and then heat treated, so it can help boost performance. Considering how this ice skate is designed, we are certain that it will be a great buy for a young boy who is just getting into skating. It is exactly what a parent needs for young skating enthusiasts.
- Comfortable and has a great design
- Helps provide balance
- Easy to use and feels more secure
- The price is amazing
- Provides the extra balance a young boy needs
- Makes skating more enjoyable
- Blades cannot be sharpened
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Ice Skates for Kids
If you want to remain with the best footwear for ice skating, this buyer’s guide is a must-read. It has important features that will help you settle for great ice skates that you and your little one will be more than happy to own.
- Ankle Support
Standing on a blade of metal can be tricky even for people who have been ice skating for quite a while. For this reason, you must make sure that the ice skate you are going for offers good ankle support that will make your child feel like they are standing in regular footwear.
- The Type
There are several types of ice skates. And this means you will be able to find your young girl or boy the perfect type that promises to serve its purpose. Some of these types of ice skates are figure skates, bandy skates, racing skates, touring skates, hockey skates, and double runner.
- The Comfort of the Ice Skate
Comfort is paramount when choosing an ice skate. With that said, you must not just make sure an ice skate you are choosing for your kid offers good ankle support; it should also have other features that promote comfort. Some of these features are fleece lining, expanded toe boxes, and padded inserts.
We now believe that choosing the best ice skates for your kid should not be a problem. We have not just researched and provided you with the best footwear but also we have talked about some of the factors you need to have in mind while on the market for an ice skate.