Let’s all agree that the virtue of being organized is one of the best behaviors you can teach your growing child. It is the hope of every parent to watch their children grow into responsible people who are ready to keep their living spaces organized and tidy. Nevertheless, hoping and leaving things at that point will do very little in helping your youngster adopt this virtue. That’s why we introduce you to kids’ book rack storage bookshelves.
These storage units have different pockets for keeping kids’ books. And by so doing, they will help keep the room of your little one tidy and adorably organized. In addition, they display kids’ books elegantly, and this makes them perfect for kids who like reading or looking at the covers. Most kids’ book rack storage bookshelves also look great; hence, they will help enhance the appearance of your kid’s room. In this post, we have the top 10 best kids book rack storage bookshelves reviews where we have listed the best selling products only. Take a look.
- 1. Tot Tutors Kids Storage Bookshelf
- 2. Naomi Home Kids Toy Sling Book Rack
- 3. Homfa Kids Book Organizer
- 4. FUNKAM COOFOK Kids Bookshelf (White)
- 5. Pidoko Kids Grey Sling Bookcase
- 6. Saganizer 5 pockets book shelf and magazine rack
- 7. Guidecraft Hand-painted Jungle Party Book Display
- 8. Sagler 4 pockets book shelf and magazine rack
- 9. Tidy Books Front-Facing Kids Bookcase
- 10. Whitmor Kid’s Toy Storage (Pastel Colors)
1. Tot Tutors Kids Storage Bookshelf
We have included this space-saving bookshelf in our reviews because of many reasons. First, it features sling pockets that display book covers elegantly and forward, so they can easily be recognized by kids. Second, it has 5-color deep sleeves that hold books of any size, thereby, ensuring convenient storage and viewing of books. The height of this bookshelf has also made us include it in this list since it is simply the perfect height for toddlers and preschool-aged kids. Because of the convenient height, your little one will easily grab a book without seeking your help. We mentioned earlier that this bookshelf is designed to save space, and, for this reason, expect it to fit both small and large rooms.
- Fits perfectly regardless of the room size
- Extremely easy to put together
- Perfect for storing board books
- The fabric can be replaced with another that matches the room décor
- Can hold up to 30 books
- The shelves are a little flimsy
2. Naomi Home Kids Toy Sling Book Rack
Most people find the design and appearance of the Naomi Home Kids Toy Sling Book Rack amazing. And indeed it is! Its design makes it very easy to access your kid’s favorite books plus it makes it super easy to clean. Furthermore, this book rack is available in both espresso and natural white finishes, which blend perfectly with any décor fabric. Apart from the elegant looks, this bookshelf is compact, but this does not mean it cannot hold several books. It is the kind of book rack storage bookshelf that you will not want to miss from your kid’s room. This is because it not only helps store kids’ books but also it improves the aesthetics of the room it is placed in.
- The price is pocket-friendly
- Easy to assemble when it arrives
- Displays kids’ books nicely
- Holds more than a few books
- The height is just right for kids
- A little smaller than other bookshelves
3. Homfa Kids Book Organizer
Most manufacturers overlook the need to use eco-friendly materials when manufacturing a Kids’ book rack storage bookshelves. But that is not the case with this kids’ book organizer by Homfa. The manufacturer has crafted it with a purely environmentally friendly material because they understand perfectly the need to keep your youngster comfortable. Additionally, this rack has several high functioning compartments for storing different sizes of books. It features two folding drawers that work hand in hand with the numerous colorful sling storage sleeves to hold not just books but also pens, stationery, toys, art accessories, and even shoes. Despite that, this bookshelf will not wobble, considering that it is made of sturdy engineered wood construction for ultimate strength.
- Cleans and assembles easily
- Does not take up much space
- Can be placed in a living room, nursery or toddler’s bedroom
- The height and size are perfect for kids
- Holds lots of books
- Boxes are quite small
4. FUNKAM COOFOK Kids Bookshelf (White)
If we were to choose the best bookshelf based on their ability to keep your kid’s books stored and well organized, we would go for this bookshelf. It is crafted to make sure that your kid has no hard time accessing her favorite books. To achieve that, the bookshelf features 5 deep, fabric sling sleeves, which hold books of nearly any size. It also has two toy storage bins that can be removed for easy cleaning. Moreover, kids can use these storage bins during playtime. Another reason why we love this bookshelf is that it is made of high-quality linen and non-toxic eco-friendly MDF. Well, the construction is sturdy, and, therefore, will not break easily. The bookshelf is recommended for kids aged 2 – 8 years.
- Colors are fun and vibrant
- Holds a fair amount of books
- Makes a great addition to any play area
- Puts together quite easily
- The instruction offers hints on how to assemble the unit
- Does not come with all female inserts
5. Pidoko Kids Grey Sling Bookcase
A unit that is handcrafted is highly unlikely to have rough edges or shoddy finishes. That’s why the Pidoko Kids Grey Sling Bookcase is handcrafted. It is made of durable wood, so your little one can enjoy its benefits as they grow. Furthermore, it is child-friendly to eliminate the worry of exposing your kid to injuries. The bookcase is also gender neutral, and this makes it perfect for parents with boys and girls. With it, you will be able to keep every book in place. Therefore, be sure to have your kids’ room organized all the time. Because of its trendy looks, durability, and cool finishes, this bookshelf should not miss from your young one’s bedroom.
- Promotes reading amongst kids
- Encourages the concept of organizing books at an early stage
- Does what it’s supposed to do
- Durable and looks trendy
- Puts together effortlessly
- Makes a perfect inclusion in a playroom
- Shelves could be wider to hold more books
6. Saganizer 5 pockets book shelf and magazine rack
This is another product that we think you should purchase. It is a toddler-sized bookshelf that’s made for kids aged 3 years and above. It measures 25 inches wide by 26 inches high by 1 inch deep, meaning it will not take up much of your space despite promising to keep more than a few books. What we find so amazing about this bookshelf is that it makes it extremely easy to access books. And it achieves that by neatly organizing them in its 5 pockets. Apart from books, you can use it to keep magazines, art accessories, and toys. Its racks are flexible, so they can keep books of different sizes and thickness. We believe that this bookshelf will bring significant changes to your kid’s room. Therefore, go for it!
- Organizes children’s books well
- Looks cute in a room
- It makes it extremely easy to access and store books
- Does not take a lot of effort to assemble
- The price is affordable
- Quite smaller than other storage units
7. Guidecraft Hand-painted Jungle Party Book Display
According to us, the design of this book rack storage bookshelf is the best in its class. It brings in the jungle experience right into your kid’s room by displaying animals of different kinds including turtles, amicable alligators, a pleasant python, a perched parrot, and monkeys. These animal images will help improve your kids’ knowledge about how the jungle looks like and what to expect in there. Besides, this book display has deep storage pockets that make it perfect for storing magazines and books. This, therefore, means that it will help you organize your kid’s room. The deep storage pockets of this book display are made of canvas, which is very easy to clean. Please note that this storage bookshelf requires adult assembly.
- Holds up to 20 books
- Its design makes books easy to access
- Looks attractive and unique
- Works perfectly in a nursery
- Sturdy and goes together easily
- A little smaller than other bookshelves
8. Sagler 4 pockets book shelf and magazine rack
Finally! There is a storage bookshelf that both you and your youngster can use. The Sagler 4 pockets book shelf and magazine rack acts as a book rack for kids and at the same time, can be used as a book organizer for adults. It is designed for kids aged 3 years and above, meaning it is perfect for most children. What’s more, it is made of a sturdy wood frame, given that it is also ideal for keeping adults’ books. This bookshelf also features colorful pockets that not only offer ample storage solutions for books but also helps add elegance to your little one’s room. As if that’s not enough, Sagler has equipped this bookshelf with flexible racks that promises to fit books of different sizes.
- Sturdy enough to firmly hold several books
- Makes a great gift for Christmas
- Great for kids who like looking at the cover
- Assembles effortlessly and looks nice
- Holds books of different sizes and thickness
- Pockets are a little deep; hence, may not display smaller books as expected
9. Tidy Books Front-Facing Kids Bookcase
What we find quite fascinating about the Tidy Books Front-Facing Kids Bookcase is the 3D alphabet. Well, this alphabet is in lowercase letters, which have been written on the panels of the bookshelf. And its aim is to encourage letter recognition by giving children an opportunity to trace their fingers around each of these letters. That’s not all, as this bookshelf also features simple front panels that make it extremely easy for kids to pick out their favorite books and even return them once they are done with them. Another stunning feature that we cannot leave unmentioned is the handmade finish. It seems the manufacturer knows that machine finishes are not that perfect, and that’s why they prefer handcraft finishes.
- Easy to assemble and looks adorable
- Fits a lot of books
- Can fit behind a door to save more space
- Makes a great addition to a playroom
- Available in 3 great colors (white, pearl grey, and natural)
- More costly than most bookshelves
10. Whitmor Kid’s Toy Storage (Pastel Colors)
Whitmor brands are known and loved all over the world because they are quality. Well, this kid’s toy storage is no exception, and that explains why it is here. With it, you will be able to keep your kid’s play area organized and very neat. It is a 12-bin, 4-tiered toy organizer that features 4 double-size toy bins and 8 small toy bins. This means that it is spacious enough for storing craft items, small stuffed animals, and toys, among others. The bins of this toy storage fit between two rods, thereby, facing out to give little ones an easy time accessing and replacing toys. This storage unit is recommended for boys or girls who are 3 years and above.
- Cleans easily with mild soap and a damp cloth
- Perfect for storing crayons, dolls, trucks etc
- No tools needed for assembly
- Looks sturdy and has a beautiful color
- Holds lots of kids’ toys
- Has a few quality control issues, but works great
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Kids’ Book Rack Storage Bookshelf
The above reviews have only highlighted the best bookshelves for kids. However, you can still end up with unsuitable product, especially if you do not know exactly what to look for when choosing a storage bookshelf. That’s why we have come up with the following comprehensive buyer’s guide.
- The Number of Pockets
The number of pockets or compartments depends on how many books you plan to store. That means you should go for a storage bookshelf with many pockets if you have several books to keep. But if you do not have many books, you can settle for a storage unit with fewer pockets/compartments.
- The Size of Storage Unit
Consider compact units that will not take up much space in your kid’s room. Ideally, the storage unit you go for should not be too small to the extent that it cannot fit all of your kid’s books. Make sure it is compact but spacious enough.
- Sturdiness & Stability
The best kids’ book rack storage bookshelf should be sturdy and stable. This is because most books are weighty, and, therefore, can make your kid’s storage unit a little wobbly if it is not stable or sturdy. So, make sure that you only consider units that are sturdily built.
- The Versatility of the Storage Unit
Apart from kids’ books, you may want to store other items such as art accessories, toys, and more. Well, that can only be achieved by a versatile kids’ book rack storage bookshelf that has differently-designed pockets and compartments.
- The Size of the Pockets
Some pockets are too shallow to keep large books. Others, on the other hand, are too deep to keep small books. So, to avoid all these inconveniences, try to go for a unit with pockets that are perfectly sized; neither too deep nor too shallow.
- The Style of the Storage Bookshelf
You should choose a storage bookshelf that matches the décor of your kid’s room. If you do this, then you are likely to enhance the visual appeal of their room, making it look neat, more appealing, and, of course, more organized than ever before.
Like your bedroom, your kids’ room should not be messy with books all over the place. You need to keep it organized, and one way to achieve that is to buy your little one a kids’ book rack storage bookshelf. With this unit, you will be able to keep your child’s room organized and even enhance the aesthetics of the room.