One of the main challenges of owning a kayak is taking it to and from the lake or river. Nevertheless, this challenge can smoothly be solved by a kayak cart. Designed to safely transport kayaks and even canoes to and from the lake, kayak carts are a must-have for anyone who values convenience. They have smoothly-rolling wheels, and are well built, so they can provide you with the results you need. In our top 10 best kayak carts reviews, we expand your knowledge about them, so you can easily settle for what will really meet your needs.
- 1. TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 Carrier Tote Trolley
- 2. C-Tug Kayak Cart
- 3. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
- 4. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart
- 5. Best Choice Products Aluminum Dolly Cart Transport Carrier
- 6. Seattle Sports ATC Cart
- 7. Bonnlo Kayak Cart Canoe Carrier Trolley
- 8. TMS Kayak Canoe Jon Boat Trolley w/Free Cell Phone Bag
- 9. TMS Kayak-Cart-KY003B Cart Dolly
- 10. Seattle Sports ATC (All-Terrain Center Cart)
1. TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 Carrier Tote Trolley
Whether you have a kayak or canoe, you should definitely consider this kayak cart. It is engineered to hold a kayak or canoe by the hull in a cradle that is V-shaped and features 3-1/2-inch L foam bumpers on each of the two arms. It comes with a 13-inch nylon strap that connects together the cradle arms to prevent them from opening too far. There is also a 9-1/4” H spring-loaded stand on the part of the support stand. This spring-loaded stand keeps the cart propped up onshore to ensure quick loading out of the water. The tires of the kayak cart are 9-1/2 inches in diameter; hence, they are large enough to offer stable support even on the trickiest terrains. This cart is convenient to use, and makes a perfect purchase for kayakers. With it, you will be able to carry your kayak or canoe effortlessly from the parking lot to the lake.
- Holds the kayak firmly
- The price is incredible
- Seems to be well made
- Holds up well to the frequent use
- Tires run smoothly on grass, pavement, hard-packed sand, and gravel
- The heavy duty tires have a bad smell
2. C-Tug Kayak Cart
Most sports enthusiasts find this kayak cart from C-Tug amazing. They have admitted that they find its rugged appeal, satisfying good looks, and incredible strength amazing. The kayak cart is made of corrosion-resistant polymers and comes equipped with reinforced axles made of stainless steel. This means you will use it year in year out because it is built to last. It assembles in seconds, given that it requires no tools for assembly. It also disassembles in no time to allow you to stow it in your kayak or canoe hatch without any frustrations. The puncture-free wheels it comes with ensure maximum convenience. Besides, the wheels have a high grip rubber tread to run smoothly on any terrain. This canoe cart can withstand a weight up to 300 pounds (120 kilograms). It, however, weighs just 10 pounds (4.3 kilograms).
- The design of the cart is very simple
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Wheels handle rough ground well
- The single strap system works extremely well
- Does not seem to have parts that could rust
- The plastic as a bearing surface for the wheels is quiet bothersome
3. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
You need something like the Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart to pull your kayak or canoe effortlessly to the lake. It has a weight capacity of 125 pounds, meaning it will not just hold your kayak but also can hold it together with other gears you plan to use while at the lake. And once you are done using it, simply fold it and place it into a mesh carry bag. Well, you may wonder how this is even possible. The truth is that the cart measures just 27 x 13 x 3 inches, meaning it can fit even in the tightest spaces. The foldable design, however, does not interfere with its ability to deliver a solid performance. This is because the cart is constructed with a powder-coated aluminum frame, and it even has stainless steel hardware.
- Breaks down for quick, easy storage
- Does not take a lot of effort to assemble
- The airless tires are a nice touch
- Appears to be well made
- Has a simple and intuitive design
- The straps are fine, but they do not work so well
4. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart
One of the reasons why you are getting this kayak cart is that you value convenience. And the cart will not disappoint as far as convenience is concerned. Its tires will never go flat, and this means you will be able to rely on it 100-percent. Furthermore, it comes with the Malone’s lifetime warranty to allow you to use it with confidence knowing that it is fully protected against defects. Its powder-coated aluminum frame features all stainless steel hardware for long-lasting performance. In other words, this kayak cart is designed to be the ultimate companion whenever you are taking your kayak to the lake or river. It boasts a load capacity of 200 pounds and comes with a 6 x 4-inch foam pad to help protect your kayak. The foam pad is removable; hence, you will be able to easily take it out if you do not need it.
- Stays on well, thereby, making it easier to pull the kayak to the shore
- It is lightweight; hence, easy to handle
- Its wheels come off easily for storage
- Well made using quality materials
- Tires roll smoothly even on uneven terrains
- Incompatible with some kayak models
5. Best Choice Products Aluminum Dolly Cart Transport Carrier
You do not need to struggle to get your kayak or canoe to the water, especially when the market is full of top quality kayak carts like the Best Choice Products Aluminum Dolly Cart Transport Carrier. It can carry up to 150 pounds, and this means that it can work with several kayaks and canoes. It can also be used to carry boats with a maximum of that weight capacity. When it is not in use, the kayak cart is very easy to store, given that it can be folded. Its large, 10-inch foam tires roll smoothly on both gravel and sand. For this reason, you will use very little effort to pull your kayak to the lake or river. What’s more, the manufacturer of this cart has constructed it with a support stand that features a 10-inch spring-loaded stand to keep it propped up onshore for quick and easy loading out of water.
- Easy to put together
- The wheels go on with no problems
- The tires will never go flat
- Comes with a strap
- Seems to be very sturdy
- Tires smell awful, although, this is temporary
6. Seattle Sports ATC Cart
This is another kayak cart with top qualities and features. It is a heavy-duty steel all-purpose cart made for kayakers and canoe-users who want to haul their kayaks and canoes with much ease and convenience. It has large 16” bike tire wheels that can conquer any terrain including rutted paths, which always prove impassable for carts with small wheels. The large wheels also help increase the height of this cart, so you can use it easily. The frame of this cart is heavy-duty, powder-coated, and boasts steel construction. It plays a huge role in making the cart stronger and more durable. Despite being incredibly strong, the frame can be folded for nice, low-profile storage. This kayak cart has a weight capacity of 300 pounds; thus, it can be used to pull heavy-loaded canoe portages, john boats, and more.
- The large wheels roll easily over large gravel and rock ledges
- Very easy to carry and store
- A snap to put together
- The Kick Stand works really well
- Boasts a well-built construction
- Seems to rust when it comes to contact with saltwater
7. Bonnlo Kayak Cart Canoe Carrier Trolley
For the price, it is almost unbelievable that this kayak cart comes with a lot of accessories. The accessories it comes with are two 5-foot bungee cords with hook as well as a 12-foot spare Tie-down strap. These bungee cords and strap work great at helping you secure a full size kayak or canoe without any problem. We are also impressed with the weight capacity of this cart, which enables it to work with kayaks or canoes up to 165 pounds. Besides, the manufacturer has included foam bumpers on each arm of the cart to protect the kayak or canoe hull. This cart will serve you for ages, considering that it is constructed with a solid aluminum frame. It is very easy to set up with no tools required. Plus it breaks down for convenient, easy storage.
- Folds down for easier transportation
- The build quality seems good
- Great for the price
- Kayaks fit securely on it
- Comes equipped with a kickstand
- Extremely easy to set up
- Tires are a little too small
8. TMS Kayak Canoe Jon Boat Trolley w/Free Cell Phone Bag
Another inexpensive kayak cart you can consider if you are on a budget is this one by TMS. It has a weight capacity of 150 pounds and comes with a 12 feet long tie-down strap for easy installation. It also has foam bumpers on each of its arms to help provide protection to your canoe/kayak hull. Another impressive feature the cart comes with is a sturdy double-leg kickstand, which allows for effortless loading. The tires of this cart measure 9-1/2 inches in diameter by 3-1/2 inches wide, meaning they are large enough to roll smoothly regardless of the terrain. As if that’s not the enough, the tires are pneumatic for unrivaled performance. When you are done using this kayak cart, simply break it down for easy storage. It works great as a canoe dolly or kayak dolly.
- Does the job as expected
- Assembly is a breeze
- Tires come inflated for convenience
- The included kickstand is handy
- The included strap works okay
- Very well made and easy to use
- Tires smell, but this is common
9. TMS Kayak-Cart-KY003B Cart Dolly
Every feature about this kayak cart improves its performance. That’s why we have not thought twice to include it on this list. It is engineered to fit kayaks with scupper holes of at least ¾ of an inch in diameter. As much as it grips the kayaks firmly, this cart dolly does not scratch kayaks. And this is because it is equipped with strengthen rubber grip. The cart carries up to 100 pounds; hence, it can work with a good number of kayaks. Additionally, it is lightweight to allow you to manage easily. It is also easy to use, to make sure that you are able to get the most out of it. The heavy-duty aluminum frame of this cart is powder-coated, so it can deliver an outstanding performance.
- Works great on all terrains
- Wheels are wide and work well
- Reasonably sturdy and easy to assemble
- The adjustable arms fit easily into the scupper holes
- Very lightweight and maneuverable
- The price is within an affordable range
- Not the best for heavy kayaks
10. Seattle Sports ATC (All-Terrain Center Cart)
The 300-pound load capacity enables this all-terrain center cart to work with loaded canoes and kayaks, dinghies, lasers, and john boats. Well, such an amazing weight capacity is as a result of the heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame that can withstand any abuse. Moreover, the frame can be folded for easy low profile storage. This kayak cart also features airless wheels that are flat-free to allow for total reliability. The wheels have solid urethane tires that reduce vibration. Seattle Sports will provide you with a CINCH strap when you buy this cart. This means you will be able to use the cart immediately you get it. The cart’s kickstand is spring-loaded and stable enough to make it super easy to use. Get this cart today and use it to effortlessly take your canoe, kayak or SUP where you need it.
- Easy to assemble and folds up easily
- The kickstand stand is sturdy
- Easy to load a kayak and balance it
- The larger wheels make it easy to pull
- The price is reasonable
- May arrive with a few issues, but, overall, works great
Kayaking is no doubt one of the best recreational activities one can indulge in out there. But one reason why most people do not prefer kayaking is the hassle of having to transport the kayak. That said, this article is the best place to be. It talks about the best kayak carts on the market for an easy buying experience.