Your automobile battery can be dead or weak because of one reason or another. For example, you may have left the switch on. The power of an automobile battery can also be weakened when there is a short in the electrical system, which as you know, tends to drain the battery. However, a dead or weak battery does not mean you be stranded on the road for hours. After all, there are quality jumper cables, which are for jump-starting car batteries. Most of them come with a carry bag; hence, they are easy to carry around. Already interested in getting one? Well, check out the following top 10 best jumper cables reviews.
- 1. CARTMAN BC0420K Booster Cable (4AWG x 20Ft)
- 2. EPAuto 500A Booster Jumper Cables (20AWG x 20 Feet)
- 3. Energizer 1-Gauge 800A Jumper Battery Cables
- 4. CARTMAN BC120738B Booster Cables (10AWG x 12Ft)
- 5. Always Prepared Jumper Cables (20 feet)
- 6. Amazonbasics 4 Gauge, 20-Foot Jumper Cable
- 7. TOPDC Battery Jumper Cables (4AWG x 20Ft)
- 8. EPAuto 1 Gauge x 25 Ft. 800A Booster Jumper Cable
- 9. Unique Imports Jumper Booster Cables (300 Amp 8 Gauge 10 Feet)
- 10. ABN 16 Feet, 8-Gauge, 300 AMP Jumper Cables
1. CARTMAN BC0420K Booster Cable (4AWG x 20Ft)
The CARTMAN BC0420K Booster Cables are really handy for cars or trucks that need a boost. They provide drivers with the safest way to transfer power from a 12/24-volt auto battery. Since they do not tangle, you will find them very easy to use. They also have a T-Prene coating that makes them highly flexible as well as very easy to store. Their clamps are ergonomically designed; hence, they are easy to use on top post and side-terminal batteries. The cables come with a 5-year warranty because the manufacturer believes in their quality.
- Heavy duty and constructed nicely
- Long enough and work great
- The price is great
- Seem to be very durable
- Easy to clamp on to a variety of terminals
- Clamps do not have very much pressure
2. EPAuto 500A Booster Jumper Cables (20AWG x 20 Feet)
These booster jumper cables from EPAuto are great for motorcycles, vans, trucks, cars, and SUVs. They are heavy-duty 4-gauge cables that promise to offer reliable performance even in tricky weather conditions. Their clamps are copper-plated, so they can have enhanced conductivity without sacrificing the much-adored durability. Once you are done using these booster jumper cables, simply store them in the included travel bag. The cables also come with a pair of safety working gloves to keep you safe while you are using them. They do not tangle, and this makes them very easy to use.
- Insulation is thick and appears to be good
- Cables have strong clamps with good teeth
- Heavy gauge and well constructed
- Work exactly as described
- Clamps work on top or side posts
- Not all copper as the description says
3. Energizer 1-Gauge 800A Jumper Battery Cables
Well, it turns out Energizer does not just produce top quality automobile batteries but also they manufacture premium jumper battery cables. The cables are designed to help you jump-start weak or dead batteries. It is very versatile, and, therefore, you can use them on almost all types of vehicles including mid-size cars, full-size cars, large-size SUVs, small/compact cars, trucks, and vans. They are 25-foot long, and this means you will be able to jump-start your car from behind. The 25-foot length makes it easy to reach from one car battery to another.
- They reach cars easily regardless of the battery position
- Cables and connections are all copper
- Clamps seem to work well on all batteries
- Closed clamps cannot make an electrical connection with each other
- Affordable yet work very well
- The coating is a bit off
4. CARTMAN BC120738B Booster Cables (10AWG x 12Ft)
It is no surprise that these cables are also from CARTMAN. They are handy for drivers whose cars or trucks need a boost. This is because they safely transfer power from 12/24-volt automobile battery. These cables do not tangle, and, therefore, they are easy to use. Their feature special clamps have triple-polarity identification, which is color-coded. The clamps are also ergonomically designed to make them easy to use on top-post and side-terminal batteries. For maximum durability, these cables have been made to resist low temperatures (-25C/-13F). They are perfect for use with small-size cars.
- Cables arrive packed in a perfect sized box
- Cables reach each battery easily
- Jaws of the clamps are large and strong
- Clamps are well constructed
- The storage bag is handy
- Take a little longer to charge batteries
5. Always Prepared Jumper Cables (20 feet)
Whether you have a Sedan or a Monster Truck, the Always Prepared Jumper Cables (20 feet) is the go-to product. They are 4-gauge cables that jump-start anything fast to improve convenience. In addition, these cables have a capacity up to 400 AMP, and this further enables them to deliver outstanding performance. Despite working so great, these cables are only 4.5 pounds. As such, expect to have zero problems carrying them in your car as well as using them. Their alligator clamps are easy to open and have a vicious grip that enables them to grab even the most elusive battery.
- Clips feel like they have enough grab
- The included carry bag makes the cables easy to carry around
- Cables have a nice length
- Make a great gift for a loved one
- Thick and look nice
- Appear cheaply made
6. Amazonbasics 4 Gauge, 20-Foot Jumper Cable
Customers who have used these jumper cables have admitted that they are among the best. And we think they are right. This is because these jumper cables are great for jump-starting weak or dead batteries. They are also UL certified to show the user that they are top quality and very safe to use. Additionally, these jumper cables can be used with vans, full-size cars, large-size SUVs, mid-size cars, and small/compact cars. The cables are heavy duty and have tight-grip alligator clamps to enhance their performance. Moreover, they come with the AmazonBasics limited 1-year warranty.
- Strong and well constructed
- The price is unbeatable
- The bag makes the cables easy to store
- Cables are long enough to be used in any situation
- Clamps are heavy duty
- The carrying case is a bit flimsy
7. TOPDC Battery Jumper Cables (4AWG x 20Ft)
TOPDC is a top manufacturing company, which believes that customers deserve the best. That’s why their battery jumper cables have made the cut. These booster cables have multiple applications, and, therefore, perfect for SUVs, vans, trucks, motorcycles, and cars. The cables have strong clamps and their jaws are designed both for side and top post. Ideally, these cables feature a considerate design that makes them easy to connect with the step guide label. The design is also tangle-free to make the cables easy to use. The cables will remain flexible from a temperature range of -40F to 167F because they have PVC insulation.
- Long enough for side by side jump
- Cables seem to be of good quality
- Cables do not heat up
- The carrying case is helpful
- Electricity flows easily through them
- May stiffen in temperatures below -40F
8. EPAuto 1 Gauge x 25 Ft. 800A Booster Jumper Cable
The capacity of these booster jumper cables is 800 Amp. That said; expect the cables to bring to life your car’s weak or dead battery in no time. These cables are perfect for cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, and vans. They come with a carry bag for easy storage and carry when they are not in use. They also have a pair of safety working gloves to ensure that you do not endanger your life while you are using them. The cables are 25-foot long, and, therefore, can be used when the vehicle is in any position.
- The bag and gloves are nicely made
- Appear to be exactly what was advertised
- Made by a customer-friendly manufacturer
- Have thick wires and good-working clamps
- Oversized for numerous applications
- The price is a bit high
9. Unique Imports Jumper Booster Cables (300 Amp 8 Gauge 10 Feet)
It is obvious that you cannot take a mechanic to the road. However, this does not mean you should be stranded should your automobile battery become weak. The Unique Imports Jumper Booster Cables (300 Amp 8 Gauge 10 Feet) can be carried to any place because they come with a travel bag for optimum portability. They are 10-foot long cables that are ready to give your vehicle a boost. They boast a 300amp capacity to make sure that they get the job done faster than usual. Moreover, they are easy to use; thanks to their tangle-free design.
- Cables do not take up much room when stored
- They make starting car quicker and easier
- Have durable clamps with plenty of spring tension
- Seem very well made and durable
- Do not get hot during use
- Quality of the bag could be better
10. ABN 16 Feet, 8-Gauge, 300 AMP Jumper Cables
It is advisable that you be ready to safely boost your car anytime you need to. That’s why we bring the ABN 16 Feet, 8-Gauge, 300 AMP Jumper Cables to your attention. The cables are heavy duty and rubber coated, so they can give you a solid performance. They are made with copper clamps to administer a secure connection as well as optimal contact. What’s more, these cables are available in two colors, which are black (-) and red (+). And they are made of TPR material, which resists temperature up to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work as expected to ensure full customer satisfaction
- Easy to get back in the carry case
- Produced by a reliable manufacturer
- Cables come with a nice case
- The length is well thought
- Cables are a little lighter than usual
Whether you are looking for a light-duty jump cable or a heavy-duty unit, these reviews are for you. We have done the “dirty” work to make sure that all the products listed here are top performing and ready to save you when you need them most. So, feel free to choose a suitable one.