Opening jars can really be difficult, especially if you are arthritic or have weak hands. That’s why you should consider a jar opener. These kitchen tools are designed with metal teeth that increase grip, thereby, making jars easy to open. They are very easy to use since all you need to do is twist them a bit, and voila! You have your jar wide open. Jar openers also have innovative hands that are ergonomically designed to ensure smooth and quick operation. They are a handy tool. So, go ahead and choose yours from the top 10 best jar openers reviews.
- 1. EZ Off Jar Opener
- 2. OXO Jar Opener with Base Pad
- 3. Robo Twist Small Electric Jar Opener (1014)
- 4. Swing-A-Comfort Grip Jar Opener
- 5. Kuhn Rikon The Gripper Jar Opener
- 6. Kichwit Arthritis Jar Opener
- 7. Leifheit 03131 Extra Wide Lid and Jar Opener
- 8. Envriholder Easi-Twist Easy Grip Jar Opener
- 9. Rtreek Jar Opener for Weak Hands
- 10. The Pampered Chef Jar Opener #2677
1. EZ Off Jar Opener
Opening a jar can be a daunting and dangerous experience. That’s why you need the EZ Off Jar Opener. It works by grabbing the lid and then allowing you to twist it, so you can open the jar. Furthermore, it works with all lids including factory sealed, tamper-proof, and child-proof lids. That being said, this opener can open both small lids like those of a nail polish and a water bottle as well as large lids like those of peanuts, pickles, molasses, maraschino cherries, marshmallow crème, and canned fruits, among others. The jar opener features a peel-and-stick adhesive that is pre-attached. Plus it comes with three screws to make it extremely easy to install. Ideally, it can be used by everyone including children and the elderly. When you are not using this jar opener, you can neatly hide it under the cabinet, shelf, cupboard or counter.
- Simple and works great
- Seems very well made
- Takes virtually no space in the kitchen drawers or counters
- The sticky back makes installation a snap
- Much easier and faster to use
- Screws are a little too short
2. OXO Jar Opener with Base Pad
You do not need to face all the hassles that come with opening a jar opener. And this is because this jar opener is now within easy reach. It is no doubt the perfect tool to help you open your jars quickly and easily. With that said, you can use it to open jars of any sizes from tiny condiments to large tubs of mayonnaise. It has an innovative base pad that helps reduce the effort needed to open a jar. The base pad works by keeping the jar secure on the countertop, thereby, making the jar opener much easier to use. To be precise, once you have placed the nonslip base pad under the container you want to open, slide the jar opener over the lid of the jar and then loosen the lid by twisting the opener counter-clockwise.
- The base pad is really handy
- The design is spot on
- Heavy enough to get the job done
- Strong and sturdy for solid performance
- Its grip holds strong yet it won’t damage or scrap the metal of the lid
- The grip feature could be better
3. Robo Twist Small Electric Jar Opener (1014)
If you feel that manual jar opener cannot live up to your expectations, you may want to try the Robo Twist Small Electric Jar Opener (1014). It is a high-functioning electric jar opener that is designed to help you open those stubborn jar lids. It features Rob twist that adjusts in order to fit jars of any size. The Rob twist also offers a firm, steady grip around the jar lids. Ideally, this jar opener is super easy to use. Well, all you need to do is place it on the jar lid and then press the switch button. Once you have done that, sit back and watch your opener rotate and uncap the lid. Because of its simple concept, this jar opener can be used by kids. It only weighs 0.80lbs and measures 7.2” long.
- Great for the elderly
- Very easy to use
- Makes a great gift for people who have a hard time opening jar lids
- Works as promised to ensure 100-percent satisfaction
- Opens items without causing spills
- Opens the most stubborn lids with much ease
- Durability is suspect
4. Swing-A-Comfort Grip Jar Opener
Measuring 7.5 inches long, this jar opener has just the perfect size to help you get the best out of it. It is hand wash, but this does not mean it is difficult to clean in any way. That said, simply wash it with warm water and mild detergent. Once you are done, rinse and then dry it immediately. Its grip is soft and cushioned, so it can be comfortable to touch. The jar opener also boasts ergonomic handles that fit any size hands. It is made of durable all-steel construction, which allows it to stand up to anything you throw at it. It offers leveraged twisting and spring-loaded power for easy and smooth operation. Considering how this jar opener works, you can rely on it to effortlessly open those stubborn jar lids.
- Does not break like the plastic jar openers
- Makes a thoughtful gift for the elderly
- The handles are more comfortable to hold
- Takes up less room in the drawer
- Great for opening small lids
- Lighter in weight than a number of comparable brands
- Not the easiest to use
5. Kuhn Rikon The Gripper Jar Opener
According to Kuhn Rikon, the world of cooking should be fun. That’s why they have been producing top quality kitchen tools since 1926. Well, one of these products is the Gripper Jar Opener. This super tool measures 10 inches long by 5 inches wide by 2.25 inches high. Because of such a stunning size, it opens lids and caps with sizes ranging from one inch to 3.5 inches. Moreover, this jar opener works on both grooved and smooth caps. It is perfect for anyone who finds it difficult to open jars. When you are done using it, take advantage of the hole in the handle for quick, easy storage. Although this opener is made with plastic, it is sturdy and will hold up well under normal use. Ideally, it is dishwasher-friendly for easy cleaning.
- Seems super easy to use
- Very versatile for maximum convenience
- The handle offers great leverage
- Opens the most stubborn jars with ease
- Perfect for people with arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Does not feel flimsy
- Tends to dent metal lids
6. Kichwit Arthritis Jar Opener
Customers who have tried the Kichwit Arthritis Jar Opener have all agreed that it is one of the best brands. This is because it is built to last. And the manufacturer has achieved that by making it with heavy stainless steel. Well, the manufacturer has not stopped there; it has gone an extra mile to make the handle of this jar opener with solid hard plastic. This means the handle will last because it will not rust. Another reason why this jar opener receives a lot of praises is the fact that it comes with a free bottle opener keychain, which is made out of aluminum alloy. In general, the jar opener is made of sturdy materials, and this makes it really durable. It is perfect for people with arthritis, considering that it makes jars extremely easy to open.
- Boasts incredible ease and simplicity
- Does not strain the hand
- Expands to fit larger jars
- Works great with plastic lids
- Takes very little strength to use
- Has a small size for easy storage
- Does not work on all jars
7. Leifheit 03131 Extra Wide Lid and Jar Opener
This stainless steel lid and jar opener is an adorable kitchen tool that you should consider having. It is designed to open all common bottles, jars, and tubes. Well, to achieve that, Leifheit has made sure that the jar opener has a sturdy design that can withstand any demand. They have also equipped it with a long handle to provide you with more leverage in order to increase your strength. This means you will not have problems popping the lids and caps of jars and bottles open. The mouth of this jar opener is studded and has steel teeth, which enable it to hold to grip jar lids securely. In addition, the jar opener features a hinged tool that opens to fit a jar of nearly any size. Despite getting the job done within a cinch, this opener still looks very impressive in the kitchen.
- Comfortable to use and works perfectly
- Sturdy and seems to be well made
- Appears capable of withstanding a lot of pressure
- Makes removing the lid extremely easy
- Looks really nice in the kitchen
- Does not open all jars
8. Envriholder Easi-Twist Easy Grip Jar Opener
Envriholder knows how hard it is to keep asking your neighbor to help you open your jars. They also know that using a towel to open jars can be quite inconveniencing. That’s why they have come up with this jar opener. The unit is designed with versatility in mind, and, therefore, it can open both small and large brands. It works by creating a leverage, which makes lids extremely easy to open. Moreover, it has a soft rubber gasket that creates a firm grip every time, thereby, helping improve its performance. To get the best out of it, select the appropriate opening size and then grip firmly before twisting. The jar opener is great for chefs and can also be used by the elderly, children as well as those with arthritis.
- Works on most lid sizes
- The price is within an affordable range
- Easy to use, and it limits hand injuries
- Makes a great housewarming gift
- Lasts longer than expected
- Makes opening jars simple, easy, and quick
- The grip is not the strongest
9. Rtreek Jar Opener for Weak Hands
This jar opener is designed with the lever principle. This means its aim is to make your work much easier than ever before. All you need to do is to input a little force, and it will take care of the rest. It is a perfect kitchen tool for people with weak hands, seniors, and people with arthritis. It is also ideal for children and those who work in the kitchen. It has sharp teeth that are made out of extremely hard metal. Because of these teeth, the jar opener grabs any lid. That said, it can open plastic, tinplate, and stainless steel lids. The jar opener is designed with ergonomics in mind, given that its handle is comfortable and has a good grip. At only 2.4 ounces, the jar opener is light enough to comply with weak hands.
- Works great on all size caps
- Makes daily tasks much easier
- Very easy to use with no learning required
- It helps eliminate painful wrists
- Appears far more sturdy than most comparable models
- Needs a strong grip
10. The Pampered Chef Jar Opener #2677
This is the last product on our list. Although it comes in at number 10, it is still worth considering because it is better than numerable jar openers out there. This is because it is made by a reputable manufacturer, which knows exactly what to do to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. The jar opener is loaded with lots of amazing features, so it can deliver the performance it was intended for. It measures 8-1/2 inches long, which is just fine. Moreover, it has the perfect width, which is 5 inches. Well, combine these two measurements and you have a great kitchen tool that is more than ready to make your life easier. The jar opener can be mounted under a cabinet or hand held. Ideally, storing it is a no-brainer; thanks to its innovative design.
- The shipping cost is half of the other brands in the same class
- Super easy to use
- Ideal for weak hands
- Opens a variety of bottles and jars with ease
- The handle works great
- More expensive than other comparable brands
The days of pounding your jar lid or taking your wrists to the limit in the name of opening a jar are long gone; thanks to the above jar openers. They are currently the best units on the market. They open many different jar lids, meaning you should have at least one in your kitchen.