Your garden, lawn or yard should be watered on a regular basis if you want to keep it looking beautiful. However, this can be difficult, considering that you may not be around every time. For example, you may leave for a business trip or vacation; hence, you may not get the time to keep your garden or grass watered.
That’s why you need a hose faucet timer. Loaded with innovative technologies, a hose faucet timer eliminates the need to water gardens manually. It is set to water gardens or lawns at a specific time. And this means you can stay out as long as possible knowing that you won’t come back and find a dry garden or lawn. In this piece, we have listed the best hose faucet timers reviews to give you a rough idea of what’s on the market.
- 1. Orbit Single Outlet Hose Faucet Timer
- 2. Orbit Mechanical Watering Timer (62034)
- 3. Orbit Single-Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer (62024)
- 4. Melnor 2-Outlet Digital Water Timer (953100)
- 5. Orbit Dual Valve Digital Watering Hose Timer
- 6. Orbit Complete Yard Watering Kit (58911)
- 7. Instapark Outdoor Garden Horse MWT-08
- 8. Melnor Mechanical Water Timer
- 9. Nelson Timer with LCD Screen (56607)
- 10. Instapark Outdoor Waterproof Digital Timer (PWT-07)
1. Orbit Single Outlet Hose Faucet Timer
The Orbit Single Outlet Hose Faucet Timer is as easy to use as it is easy to set up. The LCD screen, for instance, is large enough to make it easy for you to dial and read. Once programmed, this timer will water your lawn in the right amounts. The settings will last even when you are changing batteries. This timer has a manual button that will give you an instant faucet without interrupting your settings. The weatherproof construction can withstand any conditions for several years of use. Besides, the rain delay feature enables it to conserve water during drought.
- Solid design for the price
- Extremely easy to use
- Has modification for improved reliability
- Strong and durable
- Enough settings but needs 2 AA batteries
2. Orbit Mechanical Watering Timer (62034)
For the quickest timer, consider the Orbit Mechanical Watering Timer (62034). Other than being easy to use straight out of the box, this timer requires no batteries to perform. It features large comfort grip dials for ease of use. For more convenience, this timer comes with manual and timed watering operations. Such that, if you don’t have a specific duration in mind, you can keep the water flowing manually for as long as you need it. The ergonomic swivel makes it easy to attach the timer to any standard faucet. Furthermore, this timer boasts high-impact plastic construction for a longer-lasting operation.
- The timer is reliable
- Simple and effective
- Saves water, time and labor
- The price is affordable
- Easy to install and very well made
- It is primarily plastic – albeit robust thick plastic
3. Orbit Single-Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer (62024)
Cater for all your watering needs with the Orbit Single-Dial Hose Watering Digital Timer (62024). It is an automatic device, therefore, will help you save water. The timer has oversized dials and features, making it easy to set up and use. It also has two functions; the automatic off and manual on setting. The time water setting begins from 2 to 90 minutes. And the orbit 62024 has settings for daily, every other day, and 3rd day, to meet varying watering needs. Similarly, the setting stays for as long as you don’t change them. That is, if you set it to begin at 5.00 am, it will always start at this time.
- Easy to set and operate
- Versatile and cost-effective
- Works very well and is long lasting
- The solar panel allows for use without batteries
- Only operates for 90 minutes
4. Melnor 2-Outlet Digital Water Timer (953100)
The flexible programming allows you to set the Melnor hose faucet timer depending on how often and how long to water. You can water up to 24 times per day with the option to water at scheduled intervals. It has a rain delay feature, so it will stop watering for up to 7 days and resumes automatically. This timer saves you water as it saves the batteries. A new set of 2 AA batteries can last up to 6 months. Its large display screen and oversized buttons make using this timer very simple and convenient. Hence, it is ideal for amateurs and professionals.
- The programming is very simple and easy to follow
- Great product at a fair price
- It is highly versatile
- Powerful and long-lasting
- Manual buttons are extremely sensitive; you can accidentally press the next one
5. Orbit Dual Valve Digital Watering Hose Timer
The Orbit Dual Valve Digital Watering Hose Timer is suitable if you have more than one lawn to be watered. The dual valve system will enable you to set the water to come out in 2 different zones. Unlike other 2-port timers that are partly manual, this is completely automatic. Thus, will help you control two different watering stations with no effort at all. The oversized display and dial will give you an easy-to-program device. And the improved brass swivel will help you connect the unit securely to the hose faucet. In addition, the timer is made of all-weather durable materials.
- The display screen is easy to see even in direct sunlight
- Intuitive and easy to set up
- The connection seems to be of decent quality
- The battery lasts up to 2 years in a temperate climate
- The valves may go bad without warning
6. Orbit Complete Yard Watering Kit (58911)
Create multiple sprinkler zones with the Orbit Complete Yard Watering Kit (58911). The easy to program timer gives reasonably good watering options. For instance, you will get drip emitters, sprayers, and drip liners. When it rains, you can manually switch it off or use the rain delay feature. This can go for up to 72 hours depending on your liking. The system is simple to install, as no digging is required. It connects easily to a standard hose faucet to provide you with 4 different watering stations. In addition, it has an automatic on/off feature to help you conserve water. For added convenience, one basic dial controls the entire system.
- Well-made and accurate
- Effective and reliable
- The rain delay is easy to select
- Strong and durable
- It requires a holder that doesn’t come with it
7. Instapark Outdoor Garden Horse MWT-08
Crafted from a durable thermoplastic elastomer, this hose timer can work with any standard faucet. It works like an egg timer; all you have to do is turn the dial towards the desired watering time. It features a manual setting to let you use the faucet directly without removing the timer. Ideally, the MWT-08 is compatible with water pressure between15 to 120 psi. And it does not need any batteries to function nor does it require any regular maintenance. The timer has a conspicuous mechanical dial that is easy to read and dial. Moreover, the timer automatically shuts off water after running for 120 minutes.
- The price is very affordable
- With plumbers tape, this unit has zero leaks
- The quality is good and works well
- Simple mechanical product
- Sturdy plastic construction
- Restricts water flow, although it works well
8. Melnor Mechanical Water Timer
Featuring a bright display, the Melnor Mechanical Water Timer is very easy to operate. Simply turn the knob to set the amount of time to water for up to 120 minutes. The manual on/off switch will allow you to use the faucet directly without removing the timer. This unit is compatible with most standard faucets. There are no batteries required to run the timer. Water automatically shuts off once the selected time is reached. And when the time is up, the gentle shut-off valve will help prevent pipe-banging. Not to mention that it has the rain delay feature that will help you conserve water.
- Well-made with zero leaks
- It is highly affordable
- Very strong and long-lasting
- Thoughtfully designed
- Does not save water during drought
9. Nelson Timer with LCD Screen (56607)
The Nelson Timer with LCD Screen (56607) is undoubtedly simple to use; thanks to the LCD display. The display alternates between current time and next programmed time. It has an automatic on/off switch mechanism, meaning the water will be turned off once the set time has been attained. Unlike ordinary timers that may run for a few minutes, this one can run up to 360 minutes. It is made of durable and quality materials making it last longer. Besides, it features bright dials making it less complicated. Not to forget the Easy swivel coupling that connects well to the faucet.
- It is useful and reliable
- Solid product at a fair price
- Durable timer overtime
- The LCD readout is clear
- The interface is intuitive with large well-marked dial
- Some units might leak
10. Instapark Outdoor Waterproof Digital Timer (PWT-07)
With user-friendly programming, the Instapark Outdoor Waterproof Digital Timer (PWT-07) offers effective and flexible control of watering frequency. It boasts weather-resistant ABS plastic construction for extra durability. The dials are large, vivid and bright for ease of reading. Whereas, its LED screen displays alternating current time and timer status. The rain delay feature allows you to conserve water when the rain comes. Also, the timer has a manual option to enable you to use the faucet without interfering with the timers program. With 2 fresh batteries, you can have up to 4000 on/off cycle. Better yet, the battery compartment is detachable for easy battery replacement.
- Very well-built and durable
- Easy to set up and use
- Reasonably priced
- Good battery life
- Batteries must be well charged in order to function
Having the right hose faucet timer under your sleeve is very convenient. You won’t have cases of dead plants because you forgot to water them. Nor have soggy lawns as a result of not turning off the water. Go through these carefully researched reviews and get the perfect hose timer for all your watering needs.