When you hear of half and full face respirator masks, the first things that come to your mind are safety and protection. Yes, you are right; these equipments are majorly used for safety and protection. They protect us from poisonous gases and chemicals that we may inhale perhaps in our workplaces. Ideally, half and full respirator masks are not just useful to employees; it is also handy to employers who must abide by OSHA and NIOSH requirements to make sure that their employees are safe every time.
Because of their functionality and performance, these masks are used in various fields and industries such as mining industries. They are also used in the police department, especially by the anti-riot police. Given these advantages and versatility, full and half face respirator masks are today numerous in the market. And while this may be a plus to the market, it is a drawback to the consumer who may get confused getting a premium quality product. For this reason, we bring you the following top 10 best half & full face respirator masks reviews.
- 1. Safety Works 817663 Multi-Purpose Respirator
- 2. Paint Projector Respirator by 3M (Medium)
- 3. 3M 7162 Spray Paint
- 4. Safety Works 817664 Toxic Dust Respirator
- 5. Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator
- 6. 3M 6291/07002 Half Facepiece Respirator
- 7. 3M Full Facepiece 6700 Respirator
- 8. 3M FF-401 Full Facepiece Respirator
- 9. 3M Full Face Respirator
- 10. 3M 7501/37081 Half Facepiece Respirator
1. Safety Works 817663 Multi-Purpose Respirator
This multi-purpose face respirator features a comfortable and soft great fitting face piece to ensure superior protection and comfort. It also features a built-in exhalation valve and low-profile replaceable cartridges for better vision. It traps over 99.97% of toxic dust, including Hantavirus, lead, and asbestos. It is also designed as par the latest U.S. respirator standards (P100 Class). Ideally, it meets OSHA and NIOSH requirements. This respirator comes in recloseable packaging for safe and easy storage. Its cartridges are replaced using the MSA number 817663.
- Works well with home woodworking
- Very portable; hence, can be used anywhere
- Provides life-saving protection
- Straps are comfortable and easy to adjust
- Ensures good airflow even when you are breathing heavily
- Smaller than other masks with the same features
2. Paint Projector Respirator by 3M (Medium)
The 3M Paint Projector Respirator is used for certain paint spraying, pesticides, and solvents. Designed for comfort and performance, this face respirator mask features a balanced design for a more comfortable fit. This respirator also features swept back cartridges that are well positioned to enhance visibility and make it easier to see the project you are working on. The Paint Projector Respirator from 3M is a perfect choice in respiratory protection respiratory.
- Blocks everything including epoxy fumes
- Fits different face types easily
- Has many options for alternate filter cartridges
- Helpful for spraying insecticides with nuisance smell
- Helps the user breathe clean air
- Comfortable enough to wear for long hours
- Runs a little small
3. 3M 7162 Spray Paint
When you buy 3M’s 7162 Spray Paint, you are not just buying a face respirator, but you are buying one reusable facepiece, two face shield covers, two organic vapor cartridges, and four P95 filters. Featuring changeable filters, this respirator mask has a reusable design implying you will use it for several years. Its cartridges protect the eye and respiratory system from harmful fumes.
- Fits the face perfectly
- Can be worn for hours
- Light enough to make you forget you had it on
- Ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Cancels out the dank smell
- A little pricey compared to other brands in the same class
4. Safety Works 817664 Toxic Dust Respirator
This toxic dust respirator features flexible face piece and low-profile lightweight cartridges for unobstructed vision. It is NIOSH approved and meets the latest U.S. government respirator standards (P100 Class). It also meets OSHA requirements. The Toxic Dust Respirator traps over 99.97-percent of toxic dust including Hantavirus, lead, and asbestos. Ideally, it has adjustable head bands for perfect and comfortable fitting.
- Much lighter than other brands
- Durable enough to serve you for several years
- Promotes safety
- You can speak and still be heard while it is on your face
- Keeps dust and powder off the face
- Not super durable
5. Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator
The Paint and Pesticide Respirator features a patented multi-flex design that allows it to adapt better to your face compared to standard half masks. It comes with activated carbon cartridges and low-profile prefilters to ensure comfort and long-term use. Its R95 filters are at least 95% efficient against oil contaminant, and resist degradation for at least an eight-hour shift. This face respirator is certified by NIOSH as an R95/OV respirator.
- Prevents small particles from reaching your face
- Easy to use
- Very comfortable; hence, can be worn for several hours
- Helpful during painting
- Fits great
- Does not make breathing difficult
- Replacement parts are available at high prices
6. 3M 6291/07002 Half Facepiece Respirator
This halfpiece reusable respirator assembly comes with a 3M 6000 series half facepiece reusable respirator and 2 3M 2091 P100 particulate filters. This set is NIOSH approved for environments with certain oil and non-oil based particles. When properly fitted, this face respirator helps provide protection in a variety of applications such as soldering, metal cutting, torch cutting, brazing, welding, and exposure to arsenic, cadmium, asbestos, lead, and MDA at concentrations up to ten times the PEL (Permissible Exposure Limit).
- Offers a great fit
- Does not leak; hence, will not fog safety glasses
- Ideal for persons on a budget
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can be used while sanding plaster
- Does not complicate the breathing process
- Gets a little uncomfortable to wear after around two hours
7. 3M Full Facepiece 6700 Respirator
The 3M Full Facepiece Respirator (6700) helps provide protection against certain airborne contaminants while still allowing for wearer comfort and wide field of view. It has large lens that provide a panoramic field of view, thereby, allowing the worker to see better. It has an improved field of view that can help increase both productivity and safety. Ideally it is lightweight so it can enhance comfort and promotes better worker compliance in worker compliance respiratory protection.
- Provides a wide field of view for easier visibility
- Seals relatively well around the glass
- Offers incredible filtration
- Helpful during lab sessions
- The visor never fogs up
- Lasts for years
- No broken seal or air leaks
- A little overpriced
8. 3M FF-401 Full Facepiece Respirator
The 3M Full FF-401 Facepiece Respirator helps provide protection against certain airborne contaminants while keeping your vision clear using the Scotchgard protected lens. The Scotchgard technology makes it possible to wipe stains, paints, and other liquids off the lens. This unit also has a wide field of view that helps enhance what workers can see for better awareness of surroundings.
- Does not fog up easily
- Comfortable and fits well
- Perfect for people with pneumonia
- Looks good on the face
- Offers full-face protection
- Does not hurt the bridge of the nose like other brands
- Provides incredible visibility
- Pricier than most brands in the same class
9. 3M Full Face Respirator
This full face respirator from 3M is designed for professional who does certain paint spraying, pesticide, and solvent based projects. It offers comfort and the much-needed protection, as well as balanced design. Swept back cartridges for improved visibility. This respirator provides at least 95-percent filter efficiency against liquids, aerosols, solids, as well as certain organic vapors. It is NIOSH approved at OV/P95.
- Improves visibility with its swept-back cartridge
- Fits many different face shapes
- Cartridges are very easy to change
- Prevents fumes of paints and chemicals from getting into your lungs
- Lightweight and durable
- The advertisement is quite misleading; says two masks, which is not the case.
10. 3M 7501/37081 Half Facepiece Respirator
Made of advanced silicone, this respirator offers greater durability and comfort. It features 3M CoolFlow valve that helps make breathing easier. It also features dual-mode head harness that adjusts easily for either drop-down or standard mode. The exhalation valve cover directs exhaled moisture and breath downward to reduce fogging. The 3M 7501/37081 Half Facepiece Respirator is color coded to indicate size for easy identification. It comes in 3 sizes: Small, medium, and large.
- Fits big faces perfectly
- Makes a great seal
- Does not let vapors and dust in
- Can be worn for long hours
- Soft on the face
- Seals the face completely
- Great for anyone on a budget
- Fogs the glass a little
Getting a premium quality half or full face respirator mask has never been easier; thanks to the above top 10 reviews. Featuring different designs and styles, these reviews give you a brilliant opportunity to get that product that suits your needs best. Despite their functionality and performance, these items are available at competitive prices so you do not have any hindrance getting a desirable product. For ultimate protection and good health, these half and full face respirators should not miss out in your shopping list.