Avid gardeners know the challenges that come with growing plants on a normal planter. Normally, the weather and seasons keep on changing, meaning there can sometimes be too much heat or cold for the survival of plants. Pests and critters also easily access plants grown on ordinary planters to feed on the young leaves, thereby, hindering the growth of these plants. Fortunately, there is a way you can avoid all these mishaps. And that is to go for a green house plant.
Initially, mini greenhouses were mostly used for plants that have overgrown windowsills. However, that has quickly changed to the extent that they do more than just that. Today’s mini greenhouse plants are made of UV-resistant covering and sturdy steel frames that enable them to provide maximum protection to young plants and flowers. This means they are a great purchase for anyone who wants to see their plants grow healthy regardless of the season. That said, let’s take a look at the following top 10 best green house plants reviews.
- 1. Best Choice Products 4-Tier Mini Greenhouse
- 2. Best Choice Products SKY1917 Green House Plant
- 3. Strong Camel New Hot Green House
- 4. Quictent Updated Mini Greenhouse
- 5. Palram Hybrid Greenhouse (Forest Green)
- 6. Outsunny Outdoor Portable Walk-in Greenhouse
- 7. Quictent Pop Up Mini Portable Greenhouse
- 8. Quictent Mini Cloche Greenhouse
- 9. Outsunny Portable Flower Garden Greenhouse
- 10. Outsunny 01-0468 Portable Garden Greenhouse
1. Best Choice Products 4-Tier Mini Greenhouse
Everything about the Best Choice Products 4-Tier Mini Greenhouse is excellent. That’s why it is number one on our list. It has a compact design, and this makes it perfect for small backyards, patios, and balconies, among others. Additionally, the greenhouse is designed with durability in mind, considering that the steel bars are powder-coated and covered with polyethylene plastic. Well, this enables them to stay intact even in harsh seasons. Another reason that makes this greenhouse arguably the best is its ability to allow for convenient and easy gardening. That being said, it has a door with roll-up zipper for easy access to small plants, pots, and gardening tools. The greenhouse is also easy to assemble with the plastic connectors that take the place of assembly hardware.
- Plants, pots, and gardening tools are easy to access
- Has a wonderful plant shelf
- The price is reasonable
- Looks sturdy and ready to hold up well
- Can be placed nearly anywhere
- A little flimsier; hence, not great for heavy plants
2. Best Choice Products SKY1917 Green House Plant
This is another great product that is worth mentioning in these reviews. It is a reliable green house plant that promises to protect your lovely plants and flowers from adverse weather conditions such as snow, wind, and rain. We are impressed with its portable design that lets users grow and maintain an aesthetic garden regardless of where they live. We also like the fact that the green house plant is made of a PE mesh cover, as this makes assembly a breeze. In addition, it is made of a rust-resistant steel frame; hence, it is extremely durable. With it, you will be able to give your garden the much-needed sunshine and even enable it to breathe fresh air.
- Assembles quickly and easily
- Holds up well to the rainy weather and other harsh conditions
- The plastic cover is thick, and this is good
- The mesh holds the plastic together well
- Has plenty of rooms
- Instructions could be better
3. Strong Camel New Hot Green House
What makes this green house earn a place in these reviews is the fact that it is made by a reputable company in Strong Camel. Known for making innovative products, Strong Camel is notable and loved by many. Their new hot green house is designed to be placed in a backyard and extend the growing season regardless of where you live or the season. It is a portable green house plant that will let you cultivate conveniently and easily. The green house plant measures 12-by-7-by-7 feet (365-by-215-by-215 cm); hence, it is large enough to let you have flowers or plants of almost any kind. What’s more, its transmissivity is up to 85-percent, and its cover is UV protected for sturdy performance.
- Very simple to put together
- Makes a great gift for an avid gardener
- The door is easy to open to access the plants
- It is easy to create the ventilation
- The double entryway helps hold heat during winter
- The metal frame is not strong enough to overcome 30mph wind
4. Quictent Updated Mini Greenhouse
A quick look at customer reviews show what the Quictent Updated Mini Greenhouse is all about. Well, most people have praised its sturdiness, capacity, and its reliability. As such, this greenhouse is considered as one of the best. It is made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel framework, which combines with the UV protection to enable it to stay strong season in season out. Moreover, it is waterproof, and this means no worries even when it rains heavily. About convenience; the green house plant has two doors, which can be completely opened and rolled up using ropes to allow for bigger operating space. It measures 75 inches wide by 36 inches deep by 36 inches high, meaning it is big enough for seedbed or a good-sized plant.
- Extremely easy to put together
- Keeps humidity high perfectly
- Perfect for starting and protecting plants
- Fits over most garden beds well
- Very sturdy and works great
- The quality of the zipper is below par
5. Palram Hybrid Greenhouse (Forest Green)
When you own the Palram Hybrid Greenhouse (Forest Green), you will be able to extend your season. This is because the greenhouse plant will let you head start with your seedlings as well as ensuring that whatever you have planted survives the frost and fall. It is virtually unbreakable, considering that it has twin-wall roof panels, which are 4mm and made of polycarbonate to help block up to 99.9-percent of UV rays as well as diffusing sunlight. By so doing, the green house plant eliminates the risk of shade areas or plant burn. It is made of an aluminum frame, which is resistant to rust for ultimate durability. In addition, it comes with a 5-year limited warranty to prove to you that you are truly getting a good product.
- Great value for the price
- Sets up quickly and easily
- Much roomier than most models
- Has the perfect size for seed starting
- The customer service is great
- Assembly takes longer (up to 5 – 8 hours). But it is very easy
6. Outsunny Outdoor Portable Walk-in Greenhouse
If you love gardening and you would like to do that year in year out, this walk-in greenhouse is for you. It is made to protect your plants from the ever-changing weather conditions without siphoning more money from you. That being said, the walk-in greenhouse features a plastic mesh cloth cover that will keep your crops at the desired temperature. Plus it is equipped with a sturdy and powder-coated steel tube frame, which gives it optimum strength. The zippered door not only provides easy access to the inside of the greenhouse but also allows a seal to be maintained. Also, the greenhouse boasts a tent-like structure to allow you to start a gardening spot inside or place it over an existing area.
- Has up to 18 ventilated shelves
- Does not require tools for assembly
- Offers plenty of room on the ground
- Eliminates the risk of having overwintering plants
- The greenhouse has zip ties to help shelves stay in place
- Has a few quality control issues, but works great
7. Quictent Pop Up Mini Portable Greenhouse
We believe that buying from a top brand like Quictent is a nice move. That’s why we have not hesitated to include their pop up mini portable greenhouse on this list. Made of eco-friendly materials, such as 600D oxford fabric and 18mil clear PVC cover, this greenhouse is no doubt a great purchase. It is also equipped with waterproof UV protection that prevents plants from burning. Other features that contribute to the overall strength of this greenhouse are 8.5mm fiberglass poles and 1.5mm-by-6mm steel-wire rods. Also, the greenhouse comes with 6 stakes that strengthen it to give you peace of mind knowing that you have a sturdy structure outside. It is an innovative unit designed for flower beds and garden box kit.
- Small enough to be used anywhere
- Comes with a bag for easy storage during transportation
- The size and construction are great
- Easy to put together
- The plastic used is nice and thick
- Has a few minor issues, but works
8. Quictent Mini Cloche Greenhouse
Another product from Quictent that we think you should have; this mini cloche greenhouse has everything that you need for convenient gardening. It is made of a strong powder-coated steel frame, which is durable and sturdy enough to ensure unrivaled reliability. Plus it has a transparent PVC cover that comes with zips for maximum ventilation and easy access. Because of how it is designed, this green house plant promises to protect plants from too much cold or heat and even shield them from gale and dust. It also keeps out pests, making sure that your flowers and/or plants grow healthily with minimal to zero interference. The greenhouse is made of 9001:2000 standard certified manufacturer, and it can be used either outdoors or indoors.
- Fairly straightforward to set up
- Easy to take apart for storage
- Strong enough to withstand harsh seasons
- Fits over most raised beds perfectly
- Keeps garden bed warm and moist
- Easy to move around and open for watering
- The zipper feels cheap
9. Outsunny Portable Flower Garden Greenhouse
It is obvious that you would like to have a sturdy yet lightweight greenhouse. That’s why when we came across this garden greenhouse, we felt like it is a must to include it here. The unit has PVC coverings constructed over a powder-coated steel frame to enable it to provide ultimate strength and reliability. The durable frame also makes the greenhouse very easy to move from place to place let alone fitting it in tight spaces. Additionally, this greenhouse has a zipper door that ensures maximum ventilation as well as allowing you to access it easily. It is a great purchase if you want to minimize excessive cold or heat in order to keep your plants healthy season in season out.
- The plastic and poles are sturdy
- Parts are simple for easy setup
- Fits most planters well
- Provides easy access to plants
- Helps keep critters out
- The price is within an affordable range
- Does what it’s supposed to do
- Zippers could be better
10. Outsunny 01-0468 Portable Garden Greenhouse
We wrap our reviews for the best green house plants with the Outsunny 01-0468 model. It is a perfectly sized greenhouse that measures 7 feet long by 3 feet wide by 2.6 feet high. This means it works exceptionally well with many different sizes of planters. Besides, it has a zipper door that allows for easy access as well as providing great ventilation. That said, it will provide plants with an ample condition to grow beautifully. About strength, the greenhouse is made of a powder-coated steel frame that works with a PVC cover to provide incredible durability. Because this greenhouse protects plants from extreme cold or hot weather, we believe that it is exactly what you need as a home gardener.
- The price is unbeatable
- The height of the frame and dimensions are great
- Offers a lot more ventilation than expected
- All parts are marked for easy setup
- Produces healthy plants
- The single large zipper allows for easy access
- The plastic tends to tear easily
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Green House Plant
Before you buy a green house plant, there are a number of factors to consider. And the main ones include the size, construction, ventilation, access, and insulation. Well, let’s look at them one by one.
- The Size
The size matters a lot when you want to choose a suitable greenhouse for your plants. This is because, without a proper size, you are likely to be inconvenienced greatly. With this in mind, consider a larger size if you have several or big plants.
- Sturdy Construction
Only go for green houses that are strongly built because such units are the ones, which can withstand strong winds and harsh weather conditions. To make sure that whatever you are choosing is strong and durable, check if it has steel frames and thick PVC covering.
- The Level of Ventilation
Without proper ventilation, your plants will suffocate and eventually die or wither off. Therefore, make sure that the green house you go for provides enough ventilation. You can confirm this by checking at the size and number of windows as well as doors.
- Ease of Access
The best green house plant should be super easy to access to improve convenience. On that note, consider units with zippers since zippers are very easy to pull. Ideally, try to choose a sturdy zipper that will withstand constant pulling.
- The Type of Insulation
Insulation is basically the clarity and thickness of the material used to make a green house plant. This means there are clear covers, which are great for germinating seeds and diffused covers, which are preferred by many gardeners. There are also multi-walled covers, which are mainly used in extreme weather conditions. Well, with that information, we hope that you can identify the best insulation for your plants.
- Ease of Assembly
The green house plant you are set to go for should be very easy to assemble. And this is because a green house that is not assembled well is likely to be carried away or damaged by strong winds. Therefore, make sure your greenhouse comes with all the hardware needed for quick setup.
Every product listed in these reviews is high performing, meaning we will not advise you to choose a specific one. However, you can rely on the buyer’s guide we have provided as well as the price of each product to get a suitable brand. We believe that you will not go wrong should you do things this way.