As a beginning golfer, you’ll certainly need the best golf club sets to bring out the best from you. Of course, you cannot say that any set will do since nearly all sets and clubs vary both in design and quality. The market today has numerous golf club sets, and if you don’t have what it takes then you may be greatly disappointed. To at least be of some help to you, we researched and compared a number of golf club sets.
After our research and comparison, we narrowed down to just 10 products in order to eliminate the hassle of having to review countless clubs in the name of searching for the best. Below these quality products, we have talked of the playing guide and how to start playing golf for the first time. We are sure these reviews and the playing guide will help you a lot, especially if you are looking for the best golf club set for beginners. Read through to see what it entails.
- 1. Wilson Men’s 2015 Golf Set (Standard)
- 2. Wilson ULTRA Golf Club Set
- 3. Callaway Men’s 16-Piece Golf Club Set
- 4. Confidence GOLF Mens Club Set & Stand Bag
- 5. Callaway 12-Piece Men’s Strata Golf Club Set
- 6. Intech Junior Girls Golf Club Set
- 7. Pinemeadow Men’s 16-Piece Complete Set
- 8. Wilson Profile HL Complete Golf Set
- 9. Founders Club Mens Complete Golf Set
- 10. Golf Girl FWS2 Club Set & Cart Bag
1. Wilson Men’s 2015 Golf Set (Standard)
The market has numerous golf club sets, some of which are not up to standard. If you are a beginner and want to know how to play golf, going for the Wilson Men’s 2015 Golf Set is the best bet. This set is recommended for beginner users and will give you everything to make sure you become a pro.
Wilson generally produces quality products for both beginner and pro golfers. It knows what it takes to start as a beginner and gradually develop into a professional golfer. Therefore, to help you out, Wilson manufactures quality and durable products such as the 2015 Golf Set for men and ULTRA complete golf set for women. It basically produces both men’s and women’s golf kits.
· Grip: Standard grip that makes the golf set perfect for beginner users.
· Shaft: The shaft is made of iron steel and has a reasonable club face.
· Bag: The set’s bag looks very nice with a contemporary design.
· Putter: The putter is made of plastic and, like the bag, it’s very nice.
2. Wilson ULTRA Golf Club Set
The Wilson ULTRA Golf Club Set has all the features a beginner needs to up their game and become a pro. In fact, it is one of the best golf clubs for beginners. The set is specially designed for women and makes a great gift idea for a wife, girlfriend, niece, and more. It is one of the best womens golf clubs.
Aside from golf equipment, Wilson manufacturing company makes tennis, basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and volleyball equipment. It is a Chicago-based sporting company and one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment, accessories, and apparel. Its products are durable and made to satisfy consumers fully. Furthermore, its Sporting Goods business is structured into 3 areas, which are Racquet Sports, Golf, and Team Sports.
· Driver: It is nice and has an over-sized club face that makes it easy for beginners to make contact.
· Unique bag: It looks great and unique to enhance the visual appearance of the set.
· Standard design: Makes the set ideal for women whose heights range from 5’3” to 5’9”.
· 3 Fairway Wood: It brings in the much-needed sterling performance.
3. Callaway Men’s 16-Piece Golf Club Set
Featuring 16 pieces (1 bag, 4 headcovers, and 11 clubs), the Callaway Men’s Golf Club Set is one of the best beginner golf clubs for men. It offers the outstanding performance men want, and its eye-catching design will suit every player’s style. Like most complete golf sets, the Callaway Men’s Golf Club Set has everything men need to play golf.
Callaway Golf Company manufactures, designs, markets, and sells golf accessories, golf equipment, and other golf lifestyle-related products. It is an American global sporting goods company whose products are up to standard. For this reason, Callaway Golf Company is popular in nearly every part of the world. It markets its products to over 70 countries across the globe.
· Stand bag: The set’s bag is durable and lightweight with 5 convenient pockets, a rain hood, a backpack strap system, and an additional cooler pocket.
· Irons/wedges: They feature perimeter weighting and progressive sole width technology for enhanced control.
· Putter: It is equipped with a mallet that boasts a T-style alignment to help give you amazing accuracy.
· Hybrids: They are for versatility and forgiveness on shots.
4. Confidence GOLF Mens Club Set & Stand Bag
If you want to up your game of golf, then this club set & stand bag is the solution for you. It is within an affordable range despite its second-to-none performance. Like most complete golf sets, the Confidence Mens golf club set comes with everything to make sure you realize your ability and talent to the fullest.
Now it’s exactly 50 years since Confidence Golf was founded. Well, what’s amazing is that the manufacturing company has not ceased from producing high-quality and innovative golf equipment. Most of its golf products are designed to help beginners nurture their talents. They are also perfect for improving golfers who want to become professionals. Confidence Golf is a subsidiary of Sports PLC, a limited company registered in both England and Wales.
· Hybrid: It replaces the difficult-to-hit longer irons without sacrificing the set’s functionality.
· Steel-shafted putter: Allows the beginning golfer to make short work of the greens.
· Cavity-backed irons: They are designed to offer more forgiveness.
· Upgraded stand bag: It features auto-pop legs, a rain cover, and plenty of external pockets.
5. Callaway 12-Piece Men’s Strata Golf Club Set
Golf club sets are many on the market yet you have to get the best one. The situation is even worse if you are a beginner who needs a quality set for optimum performance. Luckily, Callaway knows this and has decided to introduce to you this 12-piece Men’s Strata Golf Club Set, which is one of the best golf clubs for beginners.
Callaway Golf Company was founded in 1982 by Ely Callaway Jr. Going by that statement, the company is 35 years old, but what’s fascinating is that it has never looked back or slipped. Instead, it has forged ahead by improving the quality of its products; thanks to the proper organization and admirable leadership of Oliver G. Brewer III who assumed office on March 5, 2012, as the company’s CEO. Callaway is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, United States.
· Fairway Woods: Woods have a forgiving sweet spot.
· Graphite shaft: They are found on the 3 woods and deliver exceptional distance.
· Driver: The 460cc forged driver features a large sweet spot and offers more forgiveness, so the user can rip it off.
· Numerous pieces: They make sure you have more than enough for great playing experience.
6. Intech Junior Girls Golf Club Set
The Intech Junior Girls Golf Club Set is one of the best womens golf clubs you’ll ever come across. It is designed for girls aged between 4 – 7 years, meaning it is perfect for beginning golfers who need to nurture their talents and become real pros. Use it to learn how to play golf on any realm.
Intech manufacturing company is one of the leading companies in the production of sports gear. The company is endowed with vast experience that it incorporates in its products. Moreover, people who have used its products, such as the Junior Girls Golf Club Set, have praised the performance and functionality of these products. Aside from beginner golf clubs, Intech also produces Men’s Glove, Bead Counter, and more.
· 17.5-degree loft: It is equipped with precise weight placement, so it can promote a more balanced swing.
· Lightweight bag: It features dual straps to help balance weight across the shoulders.
· Back-weighted putter: It has a steel shaft for a smooth stroke.
· Youth flex lightweight shafts: Enhance the performance of this club set.
7. Pinemeadow Men’s 16-Piece Complete Set
Now you can hit the course with confidence; thanks to the Pinemeadow Men’s 16-Piece Complete Set. It is one of the best golf clubs for male beginning golfers. The set not only nurtures your talent but also brings in confidence to make sure you become the ultimate pro. The Pinemeadow Men’s 16-Piece Complete Set is just like most complete golf sets that give their all to make sure you become the best of the best.
Pinemeadow is best known for its friendly services. Apart from amicable customer service, this golf manufacturing company provides such offers as Live Chat, Guarantee, and Warranty. They also allow customers to send questions. Because of their assistance and ever-friendly customer care desk, Pinemeadow is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers who have depended on its products since 1985.
· Irons: The set comes equipped with 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and PW stainless steel irons, which are made of high-quality steel shafts and tour style grips.
· 3 Hybrid: It offers a versatile option from any type of lie for enhanced play.
· Driver: The 10.5-degree driver is titanium enhanced and designed for optimum distance and power.
· Dual-strap carrying bag: It comes with an integrated kickstand for improved performance.
8. Wilson Profile HL Complete Golf Set
If you have golf equipment that fits you, then you are bound to play better. Well, that’s what Wilson has done with the HL Complete Golf Set. Loaded with numerous stunning features, this set helps you learn how to play golf and become a pro within a cinch. It is one of those top performing golf club sets, which you must have as a golfer.
Shop at Wilson Golf Manufacturing Company because they have exactly what you need. Whether it’s quality, performance, durability or functionality, Wilson has it all. This company has skillful, dedicated employees who work year in year out to make sure you have the best. It produces some of the world’s best womens golf clubs and men’s golf equipment. So, there is something for everyone here at Wilson.
· Hybrid technology: It makes sure you have easier time to hit than when you are using long irons.
· Lightweight stand bag: It features a self-activated stand and double shoulder strap for optimum performance.
· Powerful design: It focuses all specs, so they can deliver distance and control.
· 15-piece set: Provides you with everything you need to up your game.
9. Founders Club Mens Complete Golf Set
Designed to create optimum performance, the Founders Club Mens Complete Golf Set is no doubt one of the best beginner golf clubs. It is backed by a 12-month warranty that protects it against manufacturing defects and workmanship. Take advantage of its functionality and numerous fascinating features to be the best golfer the world has ever seen.
Founders Club manufactures a lot of things. First, it produces golf equipment like drivers, wedges, irons, and more. Second, it produces and sells other products such as men’s shoes and men’s putter. Ladies products are also available here. This hard working company understands that golf is the game, and, therefore, supports it by unveiling second-to-none golf equipment for unforgettable playing experience.
· Cavity back irons: They have wide sole technology that makes them extremely user-friendly.
· Mallet Putter: Putter’s weight is distributed to the toe and heel to prevent twisting as well as to enlarge its sweet spot.
· Alignment lines: They make it a breeze to keep the club head on path for an enhanced putting stroke.
· Hybrid: It features a large sweet spot for optimum forgiveness.
10. Golf Girl FWS2 Club Set & Cart Bag
You must have the best equipment to be the best golfer, and the Golf Girl FWS2 Club Set & Cart Bag is that equipment. Like most complete golf sets, this innovative club set comes with everything including a cart bag to make sure you get the results you want. It is one of the highest quality beginner golf clubs you’ll ever come across.
Just as the name suggests, Golf Girl mostly deals with golf equipment for women. It produces some of the best womens golf clubs. It also produces quality golf equipment for beginning golfers. The manufacturing company is very friendly and ready to listen to your problems, though, there are high chances you’ll have none. Many people buy from them because they give the best to their products and services.
· 460cc oversized driver: It has a graphite shaft and is oversized enough to ensure the biggest sweet spot.
· Putter: It features blade design with an offset for easy feel and alignment.
· hybrid wood: It features graphite shaft and its ideal for long approach shots or getting out of trouble.
· Iron set: 5-6-7-8-9-PW deep cavity back irons feature graphite shafts for unmatched performance.
It is always important to go for the best golf club set, especially if you are a beginner or have stayed out of the game for a long time. We suggest that you only focus on those products that are neither too expensive nor too cheap. Try to stay in the intermediate price range, since too cheap products may be poor quality. Use such features as the size of the driver, the quality of the hybrid, and iron set, as well as general performance to help you get the best product that suits you in all aspects.
Playing Guide: How to Play Golf for the First Time
Golf is somewhat different from most games in that it demands a host of skills to be successful. For example, you need the technique to strike your irons sweetly, the athleticism and poise to hit long, powerful drives, and a deft touch around the greens as well as mental strength to stay focused when you are under pressure. So, if you are a beginning golfer, read through the following playing guide to come out the best when you get to the greens.
1. Playing Guide to Driving
If you are a beginner and you want to drive the golf ball remarkably well, it’s important that you have some basics at address, which are well worth setting. You should also consider how you setup to the ball, and this should be done by looking for a solid base that can help you maintain the balance. Also, you should not forget to tee up the ball in that the equator is in line with the top of the driver at address. Other important things you should also learn in this level are rhythm and how to load the backswing.
2. Playing Guide to Fairway Wood Play
Finding the ideal fairway wood is always a daunting task not just for amateurs or beginners but for everyone, including pros. Fairway wood is different from other clubs in that it should fulfill a whole host of various roles from a second driving option to help you reach some of the longer holes on the course. Try to maintain the angle of your spine throughout the swing in order to produce a much cleaner contact. The secret to succeeding in fairway wood play is practice. Make sure you watch a lot of video guides to have in-depth knowledge on this.
3. Playing Guide to Hybrid Play
The first thing you must be conversant with in hybrid play is hybrid keys. In this concept, the key is to comprehend that the shaft is longer than your irons but shorter than your fairway wood. The second thing is fairway wood keys that require a golfer to set the ball forward in their stance 1-1/2-inch inside their left heel. And the sternum should be slightly behind the ball at address, so you can have a little more weight on your right side. Other things you should also put into consideration in this concept are long iron keys, subtle differences, and lie detector.
4. Playing Guide to Iron Play
During iron play, you must make sure your spine angle is maintained i.e. your spine’s position at impact should resemble the position it is set in at address. Second, never dump the club, as this can lead to inconsistent ball striking. Try to avoid this by putting an umbrella down right in front of the golf ball to help you create an impact line. Also, don’t sway when you are taking your club back, as this too can lead to poor striking. Another thing you should not forget in iron play is to create a lag.
5. Playing Guide to Pitching
As a beginner, the guide to pitching should start at the address, as this is where you are able to set the basics that you will find handy when it comes to striking the ball sweetly. Next, forget about quitting, which in this concept means making a very big backswing then a very short a follow through. Most coaches advise that too short a follow through should be a bit longer than the backswing. Ideally, you should be keen on your grip control in that the further you grip down, the more weight you should exert on the front foot. The weight depends on the length of shot, but make sure it’s somewhere between 60% and 75%.
In conclusion, the above are the playing guide for any beginner who wants to turn into an instant pro. Follow each step and even consult with your golf coach for noticeable results.