Nutritionists say that one of the best ways to live a healthy lifestyle is to consume food with well-balanced ingredients. Whether it is a beverage or one of your favorite recipes, it must be balanced for healthy living. Well, there are several items you can use to get the measurements you need for food preparation, but nearly all of them are not safe and convenient. For example, most plastic measuring cups contain BPA, which may compromise your health in the long run. Another example is a measuring spoon, which tends to spill ingredients, thereby, causing all manner of messes.
It is on this note that you need to turn your attention to a glass measuring cup. Since it is made of glass, a glass measuring cup does not contain BPA, and, therefore, it is 100-percent safe for the entire family. Moreover, the glass materials used to make these cups are always durable for long-lasting performance. They also display clear markings for easy reading and accurate measurements. Get one for your kitchen now from the following top 10 best glass measuring cups reviews.
- 1. Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- 2. OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring Cup (2-Cup)
- 3. Vremi Plastic Measuring Cups Set (3 Piece)
- 4. Anchor Hocking 5-Ounce Measuring Glass
- 5. dezine Mix-N-Measure Glass Measuring Cup (1 ½ Cup)
- 6. Anchor Hocking Fire King Glass Measuring Cup (77897)
- 7. Arrow Plastic Measuring Cup Set
- 8. Pyrex 4-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- 9. Kolder Mini Measure Heavy Glass (13211GRN)
- 10. Pyrex 8 Oz. Measuring Cup (6001074)
1. Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
We believe that a glass measuring cup should be an important addition to your kitchen because it eliminates guesswork. On that note, we bring you the Pyrex Measuring Cup Set, which has up to 3 pieces of glass cups. Although they are purely made of glass, these cups promise to deliver a reliable response, much to your delight. They are so durable and sturdy that the manufacturer has offered to back them with a trustworthy 2-year warranty. Because of their durability, these glass measuring cups can be washed in the dishwasher and used in the microwave. Their nonporous glass construction will not warp, stain or absorb odors like other materials. When you are done using these glass measuring cups, simply stack them together to conserve space on the counter.
- Perfect for everyday use
- The set has outstanding clarity
- Cups stack up to conserve space
- Cups can withstand hot and cold temperatures
- The glass material is thick and well made
- The pouring spout needs a little improvement
2. OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring Cup (2-Cup)
The reason why this measuring cup is second on our list is that it boasts a patented design that will allow you to accurately measure from above. The cup eliminates the need to bend, adjust, and lift check every time you are measuring liquids. Another feature we find so unique about this measuring cup that we cannot give a cold shoulder is the oval shape that will allow you to see measurements by simply looking down. The angled measuring cup has a non-slip handle to let you pour liquid with precision even when your hands are wet. It also features markings in ounces and milliliters, so you can get accurate results every single time. Of course, it is BPA-free to ensure that you do not risk your health by using it.
- Makes it easier to pour liquid
- Nicely marked and easy to read
- The handle is comfortable
- Cleans and stores easily
- Lightweight yet very sturdy
- Pouring liquids may be a little unsteady because of the lightweight design
3. Vremi Plastic Measuring Cups Set (3 Piece)
You cannot review the best measuring cups on the market without talking about the Vremi 3 Piece Plastic Measuring Cups Set. These heavy-duty liquid cups are available in 3 different sizes that include a small 1-cup, a medium 2-cup, and a large 4-cup. As such, you will be able to bake conveniently. Because of the different sizes, these cups make a great buy for anyone who works in a commercial setup. They are made of a clear solid BPA-free plastic material to give you the performance you badly need. Besides, each of these measuring cups has a silicone handle that is extremely easy to grip. You will, therefore, not flood your counter while pouring liquids. To help preserve the quality of the hard plastic, the manufacturer recommends that you hand wash these cups and not throw them in the dishwasher.
- Provides both Oz and Ml measurements
- The set contains a variety of sizes
- Handles are easy to grab
- Markings are very easy to read
- Cups stack up nicely to save space
- Not dishwasher safe, but this is to preserve the quality
4. Anchor Hocking 5-Ounce Measuring Glass
While most measuring cups are just made of either glass or clear plastic, the Anchor Hocking 5-Ounce Measuring Glass has gone a step further. And it has achieved that by displaying a stylish and functional design. The measuring glass also has just the perfect capacity for holding enough liquid. Plus it measures 3.2 inches in height and 2.38 inches in width, making it ideal for several kitchen activities. In addition, this measuring cup has up to 4 measurement markings that include tablespoon, teaspoon, milliliters, and ounces. You will, therefore, get the measurements you want regardless of what you are preparing. It is a small measuring cup that is made in the USA by a company (Anchor Hocking) that is over 100 years.
- Displays a vintage look
- Has many forms of measurements
- Made of quality glass
- The paint is durable and the size is great
- Good for smaller measurements of liquids
- The accuracy of this measuring glass needs a little improvement
5. dezine Mix-N-Measure Glass Measuring Cup (1 ½ Cup)
dezine produces quality products, so we thought that it would be wise if we could include one of them in these reviews. Well, that’s how we have come to settle for the dezine Mix-N-Measure Glass Measuring Cup (1 ½ Cup). It is a dishwasher-safe glass, and this means it is extremely easy to clean. What’s more, this measuring cup has a heavy base that reduces tipping to make sure that liquids do not flood your counter even at the slightest shaking. Its permanent markings are easy to read and promise to stay on forever. We know you will love this measuring glass because it has everything a chef wants. It even boasts several units that are in grams, milliliters, teaspoons, tablespoons, and ounces.
- Nice and feels sturdy
- Eliminates guesswork during measurements
- Marked on the outside to prevent markings from coming off
- Easy to store after use
- Great for people who bake and cook a lot
- The accuracy is not at par
6. Anchor Hocking Fire King Glass Measuring Cup (77897)
Anchor Hocking has constructed this glass measuring cup with a clear and durable glass material to ensure that it remains functional for years to come. The glass is heat-resistant, and, therefore, can withstand hot temperatures in the microwave and oven. It is also dishwasher-friendly to let you do the cleaning without much fuss. Moreover, Anchor Hocking provides a red measuring guide that is easy to read for accurate liquid measurements when baking or cooking. The glass is available in a large 4-cup capacity to let you use it for almost all tasks. Plus it measures 7.75-by-5.25-by-5.25 inches, which is just the perfect size for measuring liquids. Apart from the 4-cup capacity, this glass is available in other sizes, which are 1-cup and 2-cup capacities.
- Great for multiple cooking elements
- Perfect for left-handed individuals
- The long handle is easy to hold
- Does not cause dribbles when pouring
- Has cup, ounce, and metric measurements
- Looks like it’s made for lefties
7. Arrow Plastic Measuring Cup Set
With this measuring cup set, you will be able to measure anything whether it is oil, water, milk, molasses, spirits or egg whites. The set consists of a 1-1/2 cup, 2-1/2 cup, and 4-1/2-cup. This means you will be able to use these cups for various kitchen activities because their sizes are different. Apart from measuring liquids, the three cups are perfect for warming ingredients in the microwave. And this is because they have a sturdy construction that is resistant to heat. Another feature we find interesting about these measuring cups is the innovative non-slip handle that will not get hot even when the cups are just from an oven or microwave. The handle makes these cups very easy to hold and use.
- Cups function in the microwave well
- Cups pour liquids smoothly
- The handle is strong and stays cool
- The material used is sturdy
- Markings are clear and are holding up well
- Cups feel and look nice
- A little overpriced
8. Pyrex 4-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
What we like about Pyrex products is that they dedicate their time to making top quality products. For example, they have made this 4-cup glass measuring cup with a nonporous glass material that does not absorb odors or stains. As such, the glass measuring cup can be used not just for measuring but also mixing and pouring. Pyrex has also paid enough attention to the style of the glass, making sure that it has a contemporary look that blends well with other kitchenware. Furthermore, they have designed the glass measuring cup with convenience in mind, considering that it nests for effortless storage. This cup can be used in the microwave and oven because its glass is incredibly sturdy.
- Holds 5 to 6 cups
- Ideal for mixing small batches
- Markings are clear and durable
- Easy to store in the kitchen cabinet
- The handle stays cool enough to hold
- Inside readings are a great idea
- The spout tends to spill liquids during pouring
9. Kolder Mini Measure Heavy Glass (13211GRN)
It is always good to come up with delicious beverages and balanced recipes. And one product that we are certain will help you achieve that is this mini measure heavy glass. It precisely measures both dry and liquid ingredients to help you get the results you need without guesswork. Besides, it has permanent markings that will never fade or wear off with each use. The mini measure glass also features 20-incremental measurements up to 6tsp, 2tbs, 1oz, and 30ml. For this reason, you can depend on it to help you measure and transport smaller amounts without the annoying spills. Talking of spills, the base of this measuring cup is weighted to avoid tipping and further creation of mess.
- Works well for margaritas
- Simple yet very useful
- Substantial, stable, and sturdy
- Does not tip over anyhow
- Inexpensive and super convenient
- A better alternative to plastic measuring spoons
- The green markings look unique and great
- Could be better with long-lasting measurement markings
10. Pyrex 8 Oz. Measuring Cup (6001074)
Last but not least, we have the Pyrex 8 Oz. Measuring Cup (6001074). And it is on this list because, first, it is made of non-porous glass that does not absorb odors or stains. This, therefore, means your current ingredients will not have the smell of the previous ingredient. Second, this measuring cup boasts a see-through design, so you can easily monitor the amount of whatever you are measuring. The glass that has been used to make this measuring cup is heat-resistant; hence, can be used in the oven or microwave. It is also freezer, fridge, and dishwasher safe. This measuring cup is exactly what you need to mix, measure, and pour since it has measurement indicators and an easy-to-grab handle.
- Durable and works great
- Available in 1 pack and 2 packs
- Much easier to work with
- The convenient shape makes cleaning a snap
- Markings are clear and easy to read
- The pour spout does not cause spills
- The new design has minor issues
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Glass Measuring Cup
You are likely to end up with a poorly designed glass measuring cup if you do not consider the factors we are set to talk about in the following buyer’s guide. This is because they provide a guideline, thereby, making sure that all you are left with are products suitable for your needs. Here they are:
- The Capacity of the Cup
In our opinion, we advise that you go for a larger glass measuring cup because it can be used for a variety of activities. Also, large measuring cups are perfect if you are preparing food or beverage for a large group of individuals. They are, however, a little more expensive than their smaller counterparts.
- Set or Single?
Buying a set of glass measuring cups is highly recommended. And this is because most sets contain different sizes, and this helps add convenience to the kitchen. Nevertheless, a set of measuring cups can be a bit expensive and sometimes surpass your budget. So, if you feel that you will have to dig deeper to settle for one, you may consider a single glass measuring cup. Just make sure it is correctly sized.
- Quality of the Glass Used
Be sure to buy a glass measuring cup made of heavy glass that is sturdy and durable. The glass should also be chip resistant to ensure that you do not put your safety on the line while using it. Plus it should be heat-resistant to make the measuring cup microwave-safe and oven-friendly.
- Uses of the Cup
The best glass measuring cup should not just be for measuring but also it should have other uses such as mixing, pouring, and warming ingredients. Normally, such versatile measuring cups are made of quality glass that enables them to withstand all the high demands they face. They are also perfectly sized, so you can, for instance, mix ingredients without causing spills.
- Ease of Cleaning
Most glass measuring cups have deep bottoms, which can be very difficult to clean. For this reason, you should mainly be focused on glass measuring cups that are dishwasher safe. But if you cannot get one, then look for those cups with a convenient design that will allow you to easily access the bottom parts.
It is time to replace those harmful plastic measuring cups with these glass measuring cups. Made purely of glass, these measuring cups do not contain toxins or BPA. The glass also makes these cups very easy to use by displaying a see-through design to let you see the amount of whatever you are measuring. We believe that you will be a happy buyer if you can get one from the brands we have provided above.