One thing a repair technician or contractor should not miss is an electrician tool bag. These tool carriers help keep you organize and make sure your things are safe when you are on the move. They feature different shapes and sizes of compartments, which make them suitable for keeping various kinds of tools, parts, and accessories. Some tool carriers have backpack designs to give you the opportunity to carry other items like cables or a piece of drywall when getting to work.
Given their functionality, a tool bag is a must-have for any handyman. And when you decide to go for one, it’s important to consider only the best quality. Never pay attention to poor quality tool pouches that are not built to last over time. Okay, the bad news is you may not know the performance of a product until you use it. That’s why we unveil the following top 15 best electrician tool bags reviews to help make your work easier.
- 1. Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Tool Carrier
- 2. CLC 1134 Tool Bag Backpack
- 3. Klein Tools 554181914 Electrician’s Bag
- 4. Custom LeatherCraft 1528 Electrical & Maintenance Tool Carrier
- 5. Custom LeatherCraft Center Tray Tool Bag
- 6. Custom LeatherCraft 1509 Electricians Tool Pouch
- 7. CLC 1132 Tool Bag Backpack
- 8. Klein Tools 55421BP-14 Backpack
- 9. DEWALT DGL523 57-Pockets Tool Backpack Bag
- 10. Custom LeatherCraft L255 53 Pocket Lighted Back Pack
- 11. Klein Tools Backpack, Electrician Tool Bag (55475)
- 12. Veto Pro Pac MC Bag for Handling Tools
- 13. ToughBuilt Electrician Tool Bag (TB-CT-104)
- 14. Veto Pro Pac Tech XL Tool Bag, 1-Pack
- 15. VETO PRO PAC TECH-MCT Tool Bag
1. Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Tool Carrier
The CLC 1539 is the ultimate electricians tool bag. It has everything a carpenter, plumber or electrician needs to do an outstanding job. Ideally, it is durable and offers ample space for many different tools, accessories, and parts. The Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Tool Carrier is arguably the best electrician tool bag.
Located on Alameda Street, South Gate, California, Custom LeatherCraft is a hardworking company that has passed through many phases to win the hearts of consumers. It only has one philosophy, which is to make second-to-none work gear at reasonable prices. Ideally, it dedicates its time and makes sure the consumer is fully satisfied with the product. For example, its 1539 Tool Carrier is not just durable but also measures 18 inches long by 7 inches wide by 14 inches high to make sure you have enough space for keeping accessories.
- Large main inner compartment: It holds a variety of hand and power tools.
- Large outer compartments: It has 18 pockets for holding accessories.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and carrying handles: Carrying handles are padded while the strap is textured and padded for optimum comfort.
- Heavy-duty poly fabric body: It has a poly ballistic trim and binding for optimum performance.
- Perfect for persons with lots of items
- Ensures excellent organization, thereby, promoting convenience
- Great for holding essentials on a regular basis
- Has a perfect layout
- Its side compartments are great for holding tools used frequently
- Can get very heavy
2. CLC 1134 Tool Bag Backpack
Meet the CLC 1134 tool bag backpack! If you are an installer or a repair technician who need to transport tools while still have your hands free, this tool backpack is the solution for you. The fact that it leaves you hands-free means you’ll be able to climb a ladder or carry bulky tools/construction equipment.
Custom LeatherCraft knows what it takes to work in a construction or to do other jobs like plumbing and electrical duties. For this reason, it manufactures durable products that will make you more organized while you are at your place of work. Its products are also high-quality meaning they have the much-needed compartments and pockets for keeping materials and accessories. Customers who have used CLC products unanimously agree that they are the best.
- Large easy access pocket on top: It is conveniently located on the top of the bag to allow you access important tools.
- Large main compartments: This electrician backpack has 2 main zippered compartments with numerous pockets to organize your tools.
- Padded shoulder straps: Large pads on the back ensure extra comfort while adjustable padded shoulder straps make carrying the bag easy and comfortable.
- Adjustable compression pocket: It accepts bulky items.
- Holds up tons of tools
- The material used to make it is thick and durable
- Has a great size and layout
- Ideal for those who are tired of holding tools in their hands
- Makes tools organized and easy to access
- Tends to fall over
3. Klein Tools 554181914 Electrician’s Bag
The time for overloading your hands with construction equipment is long gone. The 554181914 Electrician’s Bag from Klein Tools is the solution for you. This electricians tool bag has numerous compartments and pockets where you can store accessories and equipment. It is undoubtedly the best tool backpack on the market.
Klein Tools was established in 1857 and since then, it has continued to manufacture quality products. Its backpacks come in a variety of shapes and sizes to make sure there is something for everyone. The fact that this company has been around for more than 150 years means it has vast experience that it incorporates in its products. Furthermore, Klein is not just a name the company picked from somewhere, but it is a family name, implying this manufacturing company is proud of the family and the product as well.
- Lock bars: They keep the bag propped open.
- Two padded meter pockets: The fact that they are padded means they are extra comfortable. These pockets help increase space for keeping equipment and accessories.
- 1680D ballistic weave: It is strong and promotes durability.
- 55 pockets: They offer ample space for keeping a variety of items, thereby, making sure you stay organized throughout the working session.
- The bag has tons of pockets
- Appears to be well made
- Its color is pretty cool
- Its base is molded for maximum durability
- Very large and can hold lots of items
- The pockets and pouches are specifically designed for electrical tools
- Can be quite heavy when filled with tools
4. Custom LeatherCraft 1528 Electrical & Maintenance Tool Carrier
If you want the best electrician tool bag where you can store your items during work, then the 1528 Electrical & Maintenance Tool Carrier from Custom LeatherCraft is the ultimate solution. This tool carrier is designed to help you stay organized and give you peace of mind while you are at work.
CLC’s products are some of the best on the market. For example, the 1528 Electrical & Maintenance Tool Carrier is no doubt the best tool backpack. Custom LeatherCraft have included all the necessary features to make sure the backpack remains the best in its class. Best of all, the company does not sacrifice affordability for this, making it one of the most lenient manufacturers in the world. CLC invests a lot of time and resources to make sure you, the consumer, have the best.
- Unique box-shaped design: The box-shaped design prevents tipping by making sure the tool carrier is stable in even unbalanced surfaces.
- Large main divided pockets: They have elastic loops, so they can accommodate large tools.
- 14 Multi-use outside pockets and 7 inside pockets: They help in organizing many different tools and accessories.
- 11-inch x 6-inch plastic tray: This multi-compartment tray comes with the bag and slides securely into bottom of tool carrier. It helps organize small parts.
- Seems to be made of good quality
- Deep enough to easily carry a larger meter and cordless heat gun
- Fits all the tools needed on the job
- Has lots of storage
- Holds up well to everyday use
- The shoulder strap is a great addition
- The handle could be better
5. Custom LeatherCraft Center Tray Tool Bag
This is the tool bag for people who need their tools fast and hate running to the truck every now and then to retrieve forgotten parts or tools. The size of the bag is perfect to carry to the job site, considering that it is not too big to the extent that you’ll find it bulky and burdensome. Despite the adorable size, this tool bag can be compared to the electrician backpack, which is easy to carry yet has all compartments.
Custom LeatherCraft is totally different from many manufacturers, especially those that produce electrician tool bags. First, this manufacturing company hates showing off; all it wants is to get the job done and make sure all customers are fully satisfied. Second, CLC manufactures quality products at reasonable prices to ensure financial issues do not prevent you from getting the best product on the market.
- 13-1/2-by-9-inch plastic tray: This multi-compartment tray stores into the middle section for effortless access to the rest of the bag content. The tray is ideal for various nails, hangers, and screws.
- Large side pockets: One of the pockets has loops to help maintain positioning of each part or tool, while the other features a freestyle opening where you can put large often-used tools.
- Zippered compartment on the back: It is designed for keeping valuable items that can easily be lost.
- Padded shoulder strap: It keeps your hands free, thereby, allowing it to carry large items like a piece of drywall or ladder, especially when you are getting to your job site.
- Feels very durable and well made
- Fits more tools to ensure optimum convenience
- The price is affordable
- Has a good shape
- It has plenty of pockets
- Can hold sharpies and pens well
- Makes a great gift for a DIYer
- The durability is not the best
6. Custom LeatherCraft 1509 Electricians Tool Pouch
CLC has loaded this innovative electricians’ tool pouch with numerous features, so expect the bag to offer a reliable solution for any repair task, electrical duty or maintenance job. The CLC 1509 is the best electrician tool bag for anyone who wants to keep their tools within easy reach while having their hands free to do other jobs.
At Custom LeatherCraft, there is only one simple philosophy; to make the best work gear at the most affordable price. The company is not after showing and flossing anything but all they are after is to make sure you are delighted with their products. CLC has been producing quality products like the 1509 Electricians Tool Pouch for years, so expect a fine finish and properly designed product from them.
- Soft-grip rubber handle: It ensures easy transport.
- Poly-fabric material: It is durable yet lightweight, and it has a poly-ballistic binding for enhanced results.
- Hammer hold and electrical-tape loop: They promote convenience and make sure often-used items are readily available.
- 25 pockets and sleeves: They combine to provide many different tools and parts storage.
- Easy grip, double-pull, main pocket access zipper: It helps keep tools and parts secure as well as prevents them from getting lost
- Can be zipped to prevent tools from falling out
- Tough and works as advertised
- Has a comfortable strap
- The zipper works great
- Offers great placement of hand tools
- Ideal for a tradesman
- Has a well-thought-out design that makes tools easy to access
- The handle system is not the sturdiest
7. CLC 1132 Tool Bag Backpack
This tool bag backpack from Custom LeatherCraft is ideal for electricians, plumbers, and handymen. It is loaded with features and has numerous compartments that enhance its functionality. The CLC 1132 Tool Backpack works exemplary well for anyone who needs convenient hands-free tool transport. And it is arguably the best tool backpack you’ll ever come across.
One of the things Custom LeatherCraft takes great pride in is its innovation. If a product is not better or functionally superior, then they take it back for a reevaluation. In fact, a number of companies have tried to imitate CLC’s products in one way or another, so be extra careful to avoid getting a copied product. Custom LeatherCraft makes its products with consumers in mind, therefore, expect only the best from them.
- Separate storage area: It is designed for a cordless drill and 7-by-5-inch multi-compartment parts tray.
- 6 zippered padded compartments: They provide access to seventy-five pockets and sleeves.>
- Several pockets with hook-and-flap closure: They help keep parts and tools in place.
- Two padded handles: They make the electrician backpack easy to carry and are padded for optimum comfort.
- Adjustable shoulder straps: They are padded and comfortable to make sure you are able to carry your backpack for an extended period.
- It has lots of pockets
- Very versatile to ensure ultimate convenience
- Boasts great construction for maximum durability
- Great for those looking to carry several tools
- Comfortable to carry around
- The several pockets can make it very easy to overload to the point it becomes difficult to carry
8. Klein Tools 55421BP-14 Backpack
Whether you are a stadium-lighting contractor, plumber, electrician, or any handyman, the Klein Tools 55421BP-14 Backpack is the solution for you. The fact that you can carry it on your back means your hands will be free to carry other heavy items like cable or a piece of drywall. This innovative backpack is arguably the best electrician tool bag in 2017.
Klein Tools has been manufacturing quality products for more than 150 years. This American company is based in Lincolnshire in Illinois where it majorly deals with hand tools like electrician tool bags, among others. Aside from being one of the oldest manufacturing companies in America, Klein Tools is best known for its popularity with workers in the telecommunications and electrical industries. Anyone who needs their tools readily available can rely on the industry’s perfect brands for the ultimate solution.
- 39 pockets: They store tons of tools for optimum convenience.
- 1680D ballistic weave: It is ultra strong and enhances the durability of this electricians tool bag.
- Fully molded bottom: It protects the backpack from the elements.
- Vertical design and interior pockets: They allow for long screwdrivers.
- Front zippered pocket: It is ideal for keeping small parts and tools.
- It has padded straps for maximum comfort
- The bag has all kinds of pockets
- Keeps tools and contraband well
- Provides ample room for tools
- Ensures hassle-free transportation of tools
- Easy to carry to job sites
- A number of pockets are not deep enough
9. DEWALT DGL523 57-Pockets Tool Backpack Bag
Custom LeatherCraft and DeWalt came together to manufacture this innovative tool bag backpack. The bag is designed to store all sizes of accessories, parts, and tools, making it the best tool backpack on the market today. Use it to hold a drill, extension cord, electrical testers, screwdrivers, and wrench pliers, among others.
DeWalt manufacturing company was founded by Raymond DeWalt in 1924 in Leola, Pennsylvania, United States. It is notable for its quality production of hand tools and power tools, which have helped several woodworking, manufacturing, and construction industries achieve their goals. The company’s headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. where it produces unrivaled products for 100-percent customer satisfaction. Moreover, DeWalt is a subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker.
- LED light: It is directed into the backpack for easy identification of tools and parts.
- 3 levels of light output: They allow adjustment for wide area illumination or close-up work.
- 48 Multi-use pockets inside and 9 outside: Help organize your favorite parts, tools, and accessories.
- Large pads on the back: They promote extra comfort when the bag is in use.
- Base pad feet: They help reduce wear and abrasion for lifetime performance.
- The handles on the top are great
- Sizable, useful and comfortable
- Made of a top-notch material
- Has fantastic stitching that improves its longevity
- Looks great when stored or carried
- Its straps have good padding
- The chest strap is very handy
- The light could be better
10. Custom LeatherCraft L255 53 Pocket Lighted Back Pack
Make your job more organized and easier with this 53-pocket lighted backpack from Custom LeatherCraft. It comes with 2 AAA batteries for powering the LED lights. Furthermore, the bag measures 13 inches wide by 16 inches high by 8 inches deep to make sure you have ample space for your tools, parts, and accessories.
Custom LeatherCraft produces power tools and hand tools such as bag trays, hand gloves, knee pads, pouch pockets, and pouch handles. All of its tools are made for optimum satisfaction and have attracted DIY handymen from all four corners of the world. The manufacturing company puts performance before everything, meaning its products are always high performing. Take for example the above electrician backpack, which is loaded with features for ultimate convenience.
- Dual compartment design: It makes sure your tools, parts, and accessories are properly stored for enhanced organization.
- Built-in LED light: It makes your work easier by helping you identify tools inside the backpack.
- 28 tool pockets, 14 accessory pockets, and 11 multi-use pockets: They make sure you stay organized during work by properly storing tools, parts, and accessories.
- 2-inch straps: They are designed for cordless drill/driver and battery charger.
- Good quality and very useful
- Has enough room for tools
- Very comfortable when carried on the back
- Its design is well thought out
- The built-in LED light is handy
- Makes transporting tools a breeze
- The strap could be more durable
11. Klein Tools Backpack, Electrician Tool Bag (55475)
The Klein Tools Electrician Tool Bag is designed for professionals. This means it is exactly what you need to finish the daily tasks. It is designed not just to hold electrician’s tools but also to hold other items such as cell phones, keys, pencils, and many more. Since it is for outdoor use, the electrician tool bag is tough enough to stand up to the unpredictable elements. With it, you will be able to organize everything you need for your job-site. This electrician tool bag is great for technicians, trade-persons, and contractors.
Established in 1857, Klein Tools has enormous experience when it comes to delivering exactly what customers demand. They have been producing top quality products for more than 160 years. That being said, their commitment towards satisfying the varied customers’ needs cannot be doubted. The company was founded by Mathias Klein, who was originally a locksmith by trade. It is a manufacturing industry, and it mostly focuses on producing hand tools to help locksmiths, contractors, and DIYers, among others.
- Differently-sized pockets: They are several and differently sized, so they can make items easy to organize.
- Orange interior: Makes tools very easy to find, thereby, improving convenience.
- Front zipper pocket: It has a space for keeping pencils and other small items.
- Upper pocket: It is great for holding keys, cell phones, and other accessories.
- Tall interior pockets: They are great for keeping long screwdrivers.
- Molded bottom: It is tough and durable to offer protection against elements.
- The backplate and straps are padded for maximum comfort
- Has an ample room for storing all types of tools
- Holds up well to the frequent rigorous use
- Makes transportation of tools a breeze
- Has a hard pocket, which is great for protecting the meter
- The zippers are a bit flimsy
12. Veto Pro Pac MC Bag for Handling Tools
This electrician tool bag has several pockets to make sure that you find a place to put each of your tools. This means you will be able to reach for them quickly and easily whenever you need them. The bag is also designed with convenience in mind, and, therefore, it can be relied on for several activities. That said, this bag for handling tools is great for diagnostics, troubleshooting, and job-specific setups. It holds lots of essential items; hence, we believe it will be a great purchase.
Veto Pro Pac is a manufacturer with one of the best philosophies. That’s why they have managed to not only retain but also attract more buyers of their products. They believe that an electrician tool bag should keep your tools in perfect places, so you can find them easily whenever you need them. Veto Pro Pac also believes that an electrician tool bag should make carrying tools much more comfortable than users can imagine.
- Convenient design: It makes the tool bag easy to carry as well as enabling it to fit even the tightest spaces.
- Twenty interior and exterior pockets: They keep all kinds of tools to ensure ultimate convenience.
- Waterproof body fabric: The PVC impregnated denier nylon ensures that water does not get into the content.
- Waterproof Base: It is made of 3-millimeter injection molded polypropylene to keep water at bay.
- The plastic bottom is a great idea
- The bag has enough room/compartments to fit several tools
- Easy to carry to and from job-sites
- Makes tools easy to organize
- Versatile and very durable
- Great for maintenance work
- Stays upright; does not tilt or lean
- A little smaller than most brands with similar features
13. ToughBuilt Electrician Tool Bag (TB-CT-104)
This pouch is equipped with three adjustable tool pockets, 25 pockets, shoulder strap, adjustable flashlight holder, loops, and a tape measure clip. In other words, you get everything you need when you buy this electrician tool bag. Because of how it is built, this electrician tool bag can be used by an electrician, contractor, carpenter, plumbers, and even farmers. The tool bag is designed with optimum flexibility in mind. And this means it will let you build your own tool belt.
There is no company that knows the real definition of dedication better than ToughBuilt. Well, the manufacturer gets its unreachable dedication from customers who also inspire it greatly. The manufacturer listens and then researches how professionals work before creating its tools. This means its chances of coming up with something you exactly need are higher. The same manufacturer engineers, invents, tests, and verifies its products before releasing them to the market. With that said, those who buy from them are always happy.
- Rugged 6-layer construction: It is always ready to stand up to any harsh use. By so doing, it helps improve the longevity of the tool bag.
- Twenty-five pockets: They are more than enough to ensure that you always get a place to store each tool.
- Innovative straps: They can be adjusted to fit both long and short tools; hence, they enhance convenience.
- Shoulder strap: It is non-slip and padded to provide the much-needed comfort.
- Heavy-duty rivet reinforcement: Also, contributes to the strength of the bag.
- Can be relied on when working in the shop
- Great for keeping essentials
- Feels comfortable when carried
- Feels sturdy and ready to stand up to a construction environment
- The bag has pockets for holding small hand tools
- A little big for an average impact driver or drill
14. Veto Pro Pac Tech XL Tool Bag, 1-Pack
As we are writing this, very few of these electrician tool bags are remaining on the market. Well, this means they are top quality, probably, one of the best electrician tool bags you have ever come across. The features of this tool bag clearly indicate that the bag is built for work. Besides, the build quality is great and enough to convince us that this bag will last really long. Because it is well made, the manufacturer has backed it by a 5-year limited warranty.
Most customers who have tried this tool bag have been quick to point out that it is well made. And that’s true, considering the effort the manufacturer put in to make sure every product they produce is loved by many. Apart from quality, the manufacturer puts enough focus on the performance of its products. That’s why this bag has such many pockets. Buying from Veto Pro Pac is definitely the best decision a contractor can make.
- Eighty Pockets: They are very many, and, therefore, offer plenty of space for Meters, hand tools, and a cordless impact drill.
- Ergonomic design: It makes the tool bag easy to carry around as well as to use.
- Rubber ergonomic grip: It makes the bag easy to lift during transportation.
- 3 mm thick polypropylene base: It is very thick to ensure superior durability.
- Nylon fabric: It is very strong, and, therefore, enables the bag to hold up well to the tricky working condition.
- Great for carrying a wide variety of tools
- It has tons of hooks and pockets
- Holds a lot of tools
- Durable and easy to carry
- Sturdy enough to hold up for long periods
- Quite expensive, but it is worth it
15. VETO PRO PAC TECH-MCT Tool Bag
This is another quality electrician tool bag that we think should be on your list. We are saying this because, first, it is a product of one of the leading manufacturers on earth. Second, the bag seems to be well made and has all the tools in its locker room to impress even the pickiest contractors. It also has just enough room to accommodate all the tools you need. It weighs 5.47 pounds and measures 13 by 13 by 16 inches.
Although Veto Pro Pac manufactures soft bags, their products normally do not lose shape like canvas or other synthetic bags. This is because Veto Pro Pac uses a patented integrated center panel, which extends to the very bottom of the bag. That being said, their bags are always effectively balanced and easy to access. Veto Pro Pac also ensures that their bags are ergonomically designed, so they can give contractors, electricians, and other professionals an easy time to handle them.
- Stabilizing injection molded base: It is waterproof, and, therefore, will keep tools dry even when the conditions are far from friendly.
- Heavy-duty construction: Helps improve the durability of the electrician tool bag. By so doing, the construction makes the bag super reliable.
- Shoulder strap: It is extra wide and padded, so it can offer the much-needed comfort.
- Over-molded ergonomic grip: It makes the electrician tool bag very easy to carry around.
- Polypropylene fabric: It is 3mm thick, and it is used to cover the base to ensure optimum durability.
- Can be fitted anywhere during transportation
- Holds all the essentials
- Made of super heavy-duty nylon
- Very durable and highly functional
- Allows space for taller tools
- Its design ensures better placement of tools
- Ideal for service mechanics
- Smaller than expected
Of course, you don’t want to end up with a poor quality product, so going through these top 15 best reviews will help you a lot. Apart from equipping you with enough knowledge on what’s on the market, these reviews present you with an opportunity to choose one product that best suits your needs. Electrician tool bags listed here have been thoroughly researched and in-depth comparisons made, so you can get nothing but the best of the best.
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Buying an Electrician Tool Bag
As an electrician, carpenter, stadium-lighting contractor, plumber or any other DIY handyman, you know the nature of tools you deal with; they are not that friendly. Some of these tools have sharp-pointed ends and others have rugged surfaces. For this reason, it’s commendable to only settle on a product that’s durable enough. Durability is best determined by checking on the material quality of the product. Such materials as poly fabric material and 1680D ballistic weave are durable, and, therefore, tool bags made from them are worth considering.
There is one thing you’ve probably noticed from the above top 15 best reviews. Tool bags listed above are not of the same design. This means there are different types of tool bags, with the most common ones being tool bag backpacks, tool carriers, and tool pouches. As their name suggests, tool bag backpacks are carried on the back, while the others mostly have adjustable straps and dual handles for lifting. As such, it’s important to choose a tool bag depending on your taste and the type of job you do. For example, if you are a stadium-lighting contractor, there is no doubt you’ll be carrying items like cables to work. So, going for a tool bag backpack is the best choice given that it leaves your hands free. And this allows you to comfortably carry other items.
3. Number of Compartments
If your job demands that you carry more than a few tools, parts, and accessories, then having a tool bag with numerous compartments may be the best shot, and vice versa. Obviously, the last thing you want is to have a burdensome bag that will flag you behind every now and then. So, choose a tool bag depending on the number of tools, parts, and accessories you intend to carry.
We have to mention price, as it dictates everything. You can find a perfect tool bag with all the features you’ve been looking for, but if it is beyond your price range, then you stand to miss it. Luckily, products listed above are all within an affordable range; thanks to their manufacturers who put performance before price.
The Bottom Line
To sum up, these four factors should be frontiers for you when choosing a tool bag. Of course, there are others like brand name and additional features, which you may also consider. But for now, follow the above guidelines for 100-percent satisfaction.