While manual beating of the dough or mixing of ingredients works, one thing that we can all agree on is that it is time-consuming and very tiring. Yes, it is not a surprise that you will take hours constantly moving your arms. And this is very exhausting, and to some extent, unhealthy, considering that you will be overworking your arms. So, if you mix, whisk or whip regularly, an electric hand mixer is for you.
These mixing-machines make work extremely easier with their versatility. They come with a number of speed settings that allow them to slowly mix chunky ingredients or quickly mix meringue. They also have high-performing motors that contribute to their mixing performance. Plus some have added features like the QuickBurst button, which increases power, so they can mix, whisk or whip better. Since these units are a lifesaver, we encourage you to choose one from the following top 10 best electric hand mixers reviews.
- 1. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case (62682RZ)
- 2. KitchenAid 7 Speed Digital Hand Mixer (KHM7210CU)
- 3. Cuisinart HM-50 5-Speed Hand Mixer
- 4. Vremi 3 Speed Electric Hand Mixer
- 5. KitchenAid 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer (KHM926CA)
- 6. BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer (MX3200B)
- 7. Aicok 6 Speed Stainless Steel Hand Mixer
- 8. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case, 62692
- 9. Sunbeam 220-Watt 6-Speed Hand Mixer (2525)
- 10. Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Classic Hand Mixer (62650A)
1. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case (62682RZ)
The Hamilton Beach 62682RZ model is versatile, and, therefore, you will be able to use it for mixing, folding, and whisking ingredients. It is one of the most reliable hand mixers for whipping up a decadent cake or an airy meringue. It comes with an integrated bowl rest, which makes it easier to set it down when you want to add ingredients. Additionally, this hand mixer has up to 6 speeds (including a burst function) to give you extra power in any speed setting. Apart from enjoying its performance and precision, you will be delighted with its ease of storage. Plus it comes with a convenient snap-on case that keeps all the attachments together to ensure that you do not have to look for them every time you want to use the mixer.
- Great for whipping creams or egg whites
- Has up to 6 different speeds
- Light enough to hold for longer periods
- Cleans up easily after use
- Ideal for beating cookie made with pre-softened butter
- Does not have low speed
2. KitchenAid 7 Speed Digital Hand Mixer (KHM7210CU)
We like the KitchenAid KHM7210CU model because it has up to 7-speed settings. This means you can use it to stir your combined ingredients slowly at speed one. You can also use it at speed four to mash potatoes or at speed seven to whip meringue or beat egg whites. The Soft Start Feature gradually brings the beaters up to the chosen speed, thereby, preventing ingredients from splattering. In addition, the mixer will let you lock the cord into either its right or left side. By so doing, it makes it possible to approach ingredients from any side. Should the cord get dirty, do not be frustrated, since it features a round design that is very easy to clean. The hand of the mixer has a Soft Grip feature for comfortable mixing.
- Cleans up quickly and easily
- Very quiet and not too heavy
- Beaters insert and eject effortlessly
- Sturdy and does the job well
- Looks good on the kitchen counter
- The slow speed is way too slow
3. Cuisinart HM-50 5-Speed Hand Mixer
Considering how it’s designed, the Cuisinart HM-50 5-Speed Hand Mixer will let you create a chef-inspired meal with much ease. It boasts a 200-watt motor that comes with an automatic feedback to give you the results you need. Furthermore, it has a speed dial control, which is extremely easy to use and comes with five different speeds to choose from. About convenience; the mixer is equipped with a swivel cord, which can be used by both right-handed and left-handed users. Also, there is a manufacturer’s limited 3-year warranty to give you confidence in buying and using the product. Other items that come with this hand mixer are a recipe booklet to inspire your cooking; instructions for easy use of the machine, and a spatula for convenience.
- The motor is strong and efficient
- Mixes mash potatoes quickly and easily
- Beaters are very easy to clean
- The white color blends well with other kitchenware
- The power cord can swing left or right
- The slow speed is still pretty fast
4. Vremi 3 Speed Electric Hand Mixer
People who have bought the Vremi 3 Speed Electric Hand Mixer have admitted that it is a smart investment. And we agree with them, considering the versatility of the machine. It has 3 levels of turbo speed, which whisk and mix cake/baking batter. It also boasts a 150-watt motor that facilitates the whole whisking or mixing process. Still on performance; the Vremi 3 Speed Hand Mixer has a built-in beater blade storage holder for secure storage of egg whisks. You will be amazed at how easy it is to use this hand mixer; thanks to the easy grip ergonomic handle. The retractable cord of this machine is long and perfect for saving space. Based on the features we have mentioned, this hand mixer is a must-have.
- Perfect for small-sized kitchens
- The price is within an affordable range
- Creams sugar and butter much faster than expected
- Beaters store directly in the device
- Great for light-duty tasks
- Makes mixing quick and easy
- The slow speed is still fast
5. KitchenAid 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer (KHM926CA)
We have included this digital hand mixer on this list because its speed settings are simply amazing. With up to 9-speed settings, the hand mixer will let you mix and whisk in the desired setting. For instance, you can set it at speed 6 to mix bread batter and even cream sugar and butter. You can also set it at the slowest speed (speed one) for slow stirring of chunky ingredients. Like the KitchenAid KHM7210CU model, this one has the Soft Start Feature that helps prevent ingredients from splattering by bringing the beater up to the selected speed. Also, the hand mixer has a Soft Grip handle for comfortable mixing. To remove accessories from this unit, simply press the button and voila! What you needed will eject quickly and easily.
- Mixes ingredients quickly and easily
- Great for small tasks like making a batch of brownies
- Buttons on top are very easy to use
- The slow start works great
- Well balanced and looks strong
- The power is a little below par
6. BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer (MX3200B)
BLACK+DECKER is a reputable company that produces quality products. Their MX3200B 6-Speed Hand Mixer is one of these products. And it is here because it is powerful and versatile. It comes equipped with a 250-watt motor featuring 6 speeds to allow you to start slow and finish fast. Ideally, the lowest speed setting is up to 20-percent slower than other BLACK+DECKER mixers to help prevent messy splatter. This machine also features Power Boost Function that enables it to get through arduous mixing tasks by increasing the mixer to its optimum speed. For convenience, this hand mixer comes with a hard-shell storage case that keeps it together with all the attachments. For this reason, expect to have zero problems storing this unit.
- Cost effective and works great
- Comes with a nice case for easy storage
- Very easy to use and has good power
- Attachments are easy to install and remove
- It is a great value for the price
- The beaters need a little improvement
7. Aicok 6 Speed Stainless Steel Hand Mixer
This hand mixer has a powerful 250-watt motor, and this enables it to deliver excellent performance on a consistent basis. It also has 6 speeds that work with turbo to give you better results when it comes to mixing, whipping or preparing dough, cookies, cakes, and cream. What’s more, this hand mixer is made of stainless steel, which is sturdy but relatively lightweight for easy operation. The hand mixer displays a modern style that enables it to blend perfectly with most contemporary fixtures. To make it comfortable to use, the manufacturer has equipped it with an ergonomic handle that helps prevent fatigue. Once you are done using this electric hand mixer, take advantage of its compact design and conveniently store it in your cabinet.
- Strong enough to tackle any task
- Very easy to use and has a lot of power
- The price is not too expensive
- Beaters are very easy to eject
- Cleans and stores effortlessly
- A little noisy
8. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer with Snap-On Case, 62692
Hamilton Beach knows that what matters the most in a hand mixer is versatility and comfort. That’s why they have made the handles of this hand mixer with a comfortable grip. And as far as versatility is concerned, the manufacturer has equipped the machine with a 275-watt motor and 6 speeds featuring QuickBurst button. They have also included a variety of attachments such as dough hooks, whisks, traditional beaters, and wire beaters. The special QuickBurst button, which comes with the 6-speed settings, offers a quick boost of power, and it can be relied on for heavy-duty tasks. Additionally, Hamilton Beach has handled convenience in this electric hand mixer well by including a bowl rest feature and a snap-on case with easy-access door.
- Easy to use and store in the cabinet
- Powerful and works great
- Easy to hold during use
- Has a good size base for standing
- Beaters are very easy to remove
- It is a bit loud
9. Sunbeam 220-Watt 6-Speed Hand Mixer (2525)
Having a hand mixer with a 220-watt motor is not a bad idea. This is because such a model has lots of power that enables it to work great and deliver results in time. Well, the Sunbeam 2525 model has that kind of motor. And it has even gone an extra mile to have 6-speed settings. These settings are different, thereby, making the hand mixer perfect for mixing, whisking, and whipping, among others. Also, this hand mixer boasts a Burst of Power feature that allows it to offer extra power, much to your delight. We are certain that it is exactly what your kitchen needs. Its cord is retractable for easy storage, while its soft grip handle improves comfort. Moreover, the model comes with chrome beaters to add convenience.
- Well built and incredibly powerful
- The cord retracts for easy storage
- Takes up very little space
- Cuts through and mixes the heaviest dough with ease
- The price is inexpensive
- The slow speed is not actually slow
10. Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Classic Hand Mixer (62650A)
Everything you need to know about this high-functioning hand mixer is right here. This mixing machine features a 290-watt motor that makes mixing a breeze. Plus it boasts a QuickBurst button feature that helps increase power, so it can perform even better. Considering its high functionality, the hand mixer promises to take on lots of kitchen jobs. That being said, you will find it ideal for mixing, whipping, and whisking, among other tasks. Still on versatility; this machine comes with such attachments as wire beaters and traditional beaters. And its snap-on storage case makes it extremely easy to store when it is not in use, while its stainless steel housing helps improve its durability. We believe that you will never go wrong with this machine.
- Powerful and feels good to handle
- Mixes nicely and quickly
- Comes with a nice set of attachments
- The carrying case snaps into place perfectly
- The price fits the budget
- The build quality could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Hand Mixer
We understand that choosing an electric hand mixer randomly can be quite a task. That’s why we have come up with the following factors to consider. We believe that they (factors) will help you have background knowledge of what to look for when you want to purchase an electric hand mixer.
- Speed Settings
Choose an electric hand mixer with as many speed settings as possible. This is because such mixers provide a wide array of speeds to work with. For instance, you will have the slowest speed for gradual mixing of ingredients. You will also have the highest speed for tackling heavy-duty tasks like mixing meringue.
- The Number of Attachments
Like the speed settings, your hand mixer should have as many attachments as possible. With this in mind, look for a unit that comes with a whisk beater, wire beater, traditional beater, and dough hooks, among others. Such mixing machines will make your work much easier since they are versatile.
- The Motor
The motor is like the engine of an electric hand mixer. This means a weak one is likely to compromise the overall performance of a mixer, while a powerful one would enhance the performance of a mixer. Therefore, consider mixers with high-performing motors, especially if you plan to use your kitchenware for heavy-duty tasks.
- The Warranty
Considering the complex engineering used to make them, electric hand mixers are likely to have a few defects from the manufacturer. Therefore, make sure the hand mixer you are set to buy has a robust warranty that covers these defects.
- Ease of Storage
More than a few people have admitted that one of the things that make them not to buy a hand mixer is space. Fortunately, you can easily solve that if you go for a mixer with a compact design. If possible, the mixer should come with a convenient snap-on case for storing it and its accessories. Also, if you can get those with retractable cords, the better since they are very easy to store, and they take up little space.
- The Comfort of the Hand Mixer
Comfort and convenience go hand in hand. And one of the reasons why you are buying a hand mixer is that you want to make your life in the kitchen much more convenient. So, be sure to buy an electric hand mixer with a Soft Grip handle. Well, such mixers will not tire your arms while you are using them. Therefore, you will be able to get the best out of them.
Every kitchen should have an electric hand mixer. These units eliminate the hassle and fuss that come with manual stirring or mixing of ingredients. They work well, and a good number of them are rightly priced for great buying. That being said, we hope that you will find this piece really helpful.