There are a lot of DIY projects around us today. And it is advisable to do such activities as pruning small branches and cutting fallen branches on your own. While you can contact a reputable tree service company, you must know that the process is always costly and can sometimes be time-consuming. As such, why not pick up the right tool and do the job by yourself. One of the best tools for pruning and cutting branches is a chainsaw.
There are a lot of chainsaws on the market, but an electric chainsaw has so far proven to be the best. This is because electric chainsaws are quiet and most of them have powerful motors that deliver exceptional performance. Some are also cordless and use hi-efficiency batteries for ultimate convenience. If you are interested in an electric chainsaw, then have a look at the following top 10 best electric chainsaws reviews.
- 1. GreenWorks 20322 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 2. GreenWorks 20262 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 3. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 10” Chainsaw
- 4. DEWALT DCCS690M1 16” Chainsaw
- 5. GreenWorks 20362 10-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 6. EGO Power+ 14-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 7. Makita XCU02PT 18V Cordless Chain Saw
- 8. OREGON CS1500 Electric Chain Saw
- 9. Black & Decker LP1000 Electric Chain Saw
- 10. Black & Decker PHS550B Handsaw with Storage Bag
1. GreenWorks 20322 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
The GreenWorks 20322 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw is arguably the best electric chainsaw on the market. It is designed for users of all experience, considering that it does not require maintenance or gas. Moreover, the unit is cordless, and this makes it extremely easy to handle. Use it for chores around the house or for cleanup of a natural disaster.
· Low kickback and chain brake: They ensure increased user safety.
· Brushless motor design: It offers up to 70-percent less vibration for user comfort during work.
· Brushless motor: It delivers up to 30-percent more torque for an optimum cutting experience.
· Innovative brushless technology: It enables the cordless chainsaw to cut up to 100 cuts on a single charge.
2. GreenWorks 20262 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
If you are looking for the best small chainsaw, look no further than the 20262 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw from GreenWorks. This unit has 50-percent less vibration and its lightweight design makes it very easy to use. Furthermore, it offers up to 75 cuts on a single charge. The model comes with a charger and G-MAX 2.0 AH Lithium-Ion Battery.
· Tool-less chain tensioning: It ensures quick adjustment to allow you get back to the task at hand.
· Translucent oil tank: It enables you to view the oil level clearly.
· Automatic oiler: It applies oil to the chain and bar to promote durability as well as extend the life of the chain.
3. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 10” Chainsaw
This small electric chainsaw is the best cheap chainsaw you’ll ever come across on the market today. It is designed for those who are craving for the convenience of cordless maneuverability with the needed performance and power to cut through live logs and dry wood.
· 10-inch premium Oregon low kickback bar & chain: It offers smooth, fast cuts.
· Tool-free blade tension system: It ensures quick adjustments and improved ease of use.
· Lightweight design: The unit only weighs 7.2 pounds for reduced fatigue and ease of maneuverability.
· Wrap around bale handle: It offers increased control and comfort.
4. DEWALT DCCS690M1 16” Chainsaw
The DEWALT DCCS690M1 16-Inch Chainsaw gives you a chance to experience the performance of gas with the convenience of cordless. It is a powerful chainsaw that glides through various cutting diameters with the cut speed of gas, and reliability of the battery-powered unit. It comes with a 40V MAX 4AH Lithium-Ion Battery, Charger, and Bar Sheath, among others.
· Quarter-turn oil cup: It allows for quick oil-refills.
· Tool-free tensioning system: It ensures quick bar and chain adjustments.
· Variable speed trigger: It promotes user control.
· Chain brake: It ensures kick back protection.
· Auto-oiling with Lubrilink and Lubriwell: Ensures long chain life, reduced maintenance, and smooth cuts.
5. GreenWorks 20362 10-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
Whether you want to get the deck completed or give your yard a pristine shape, GreenWorks products are the tools to rely on. Its 20362 10-inch cordless chainsaw, for instance, is the best electric chainsaw in 2017. The chainsaw is ideal for DIY projects, and its fascinating features will help you get the job done within minutes.
· Automatic oiler: It applies oil to the arm and chain to extend the life of the chain and ensure superior durability.
· 10-inch bar and chain: Enables the unit to cut branches and limbs with ease.
· Tool-less chain tensioning: Promotes quick adjustment to allow you get back to the task at hand.
6. EGO Power+ 14-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
Everyone knows that the best electric chainsaw on the market today is none other than the EGO Power+ 14-Inch Cordless Chainsaw. This unit delivers power beyond belief. And it offers up to 100 cuts per charge, so expect to complete even the most demanding tasks within a cinch.
· Weather-resistant construction: It enables the cordless chainsaw to work in any type of weather.
· 5-year tool and 3-year battery warranties: They protect these parts from manufacturing defects and workmanship.
· Hi-efficiency brushless motor: It provides smooth cuts.
· EGO POWER+ 56V battery: It uses industry-leading Arc-Lithium technology to deliver exceptional performance.
7. Makita XCU02PT 18V Cordless Chain Saw
Powered by two 18-volt LXT batteries, this small electric chainsaw delivers a 36-volt performance and run-time that meet corded and gas-powered demands. In other words, the XCU02PT 18V Cordless Chain Saw ensures that you have less downtime and increased productivity. It is the best small chainsaw currently available on the market.
· Front hand guard: It is designed to actuate chain brake when engaged.
· Electric brake: It ensures optimum production.
· Makita-built motor: It delivers 1650 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise.
8. OREGON CS1500 Electric Chain Saw
Finally, the market has the best cheap chainsaw called the OREGON CS1500 Electric Chain Saw. OREGON makes high performing equipment you can count on, and the CS1500 model is not an exception. It is a user-friendly unit that requires minimal maintenance and is very silent while doing the cutting.
· PowerSharp Sharpening System: It eliminates downtime (which is due to a dull chain) by sharpening on the saw in seconds.
· 18-inch guide bar: Makes the chainsaw suitable for tackling nearly every job in your yard.
· Integrated chain brake: It promotes safety.
· Ergonomic design: It features over-mold comfortable hand, as well as lightweight and balanced construction to reduce fatigue.
9. Black & Decker LP1000 Electric Chain Saw
It is no doubt the LP1000 model is the best cheap chainsaw on the market. This versatile small electric chainsaw is handy when it comes to pruning tree branches, cutting fallen branches after a storm, and cutting branches into manageable pieces.
· 4.5 Amp motor: It delivers powerful, fast cutting performance.
· Innovative clamping jaws: They enable the chainsaw to grab and cut in one easy motion.
· Heavy-duty cutting bar and chain: It cuts thick branches and logs pretty fast.
· Limited 2-year warranty: Protects against defects incurred during the manufacturing process.
10. Black & Decker PHS550B Handsaw with Storage Bag
Good news to DIYers; the best small chainsaw is now within easy reach. And all you need to do is to visit Amazon to add it to your cart. The Black & Decker PHS550B Handsaw, as it is known, is packed with features for unmatched performance. Ideally, it is backed by a 2-year limited warranty, and it comes with a storage bag and a metal cutting blade.
· 3.4-amp, 4600 SPM motor: Ensures controlled cuts in wood, metal, and plastic.
· Compact and lightweight design: It makes the saw easy to control and handle.
· 6-foot cord: It allows for effortless use in and around the home for outdoor pruning and even indoor use.
The best electric chainsaw boasts a number of stunning features. And one of them is the lightweight design, which makes these cutting tools easy to use as well as control. Second, they are powered by electricity or powerful hi-efficiency batteries, and this means that your chances of inhaling poisonous fumes are zero, unlike when you use a gas-powered unit. Considering all these benefits and performances, it is evident that an electric chainsaw is the best, so why not choose one from the above top 10 best reviews today?