Most of us tend to be so obsessed with getting tone abs and a perfect body that we always forget the conditions of our workout environment. Before you start to work out or perform a number of exercises, it’s advisable that you make your space as roomy as possible, because this will not just keep your equipment and improve efficiency in the room but also will help you stay safe, which is very important. One way to make your workout area roomy is to have one or two dumbbell racks.
These units are designed specifically to help you keep your space organized, clean, and safe. They help keep dumbbells off the ground, thereby, drastically reducing chances of injuries. Weight racks, as they are also known, come in many different designs and sizes, so be sure to get one that is perfect for your needs. They also have varied carrying capacity and durability; hence, it’s important to be keen enough not to end up with something you don’t want. In the following top 10 best dumbbell racks reviews, we highlight some of the best products to give you a clue on what best suits your needs and what you should exactly go for.
Table Best Dumbbell Racks
- 1. Marcy 3-Level Dumbbell Rack
- 2. XMark XM-3107.1 Dumbbell Rack
- 3. CAP Barbell Dumbbell Rack
- 4. Marcy Multiple Dumbbell Rack
- 5. Body Solid GDR363 Dumbbell Rack
- 6. CAP Barbell Two Tier Dumbbell Rack
- 7. CAP Barbell Dumbbell and Kettlebell Rack
- 8. CAP Barbell Utility Rack
- 9. Marcy Combo Storage Rack
- 10. Body Solid GDR60 Dumbbell Rack
1. Marcy 3-Level Dumbbell Rack
The Marcy 3-Level Dumbbell Rack is designed to help you store and organize your dumbbells. Like most dumbbells, it makes sure you get the convenience you need by having all your equipment in one place. When assembled, it measures 36 inches long by 22 inches wide by 33 inches high, so expect more than enough space to keep your dumbbells.
- Durable welded construction: It promotes safety and features an angled frame design that allows for effortless access.
- Rubberized feet: They protect the floor from scratches as well as absorb shock that originate from re-stacking weights. They also prevent the rack from sliding.
- Extra strong dumbbell rails: They are made of heavy-duty steel and feature a powder coated finish to help enhance durability.
2. XMark XM-3107.1 Dumbbell Rack
Weight racks for home gyms make sure dumbbells are organized, safe, and ready for use. Well, that’s exactly what the XMark XM-3107.1 Dumbbell Rack is designed for. Use it to keep up to 10 pairs of round or 6-sided hex dumbbells, or even a complete set that ranges from 5-pound to 50-pound dumbbells.
- Three-angled shelves: They ensure easy retrieval of weights.
- Heavy-duty 14-gauge main frame: It promotes superior durability.
- Scratch-resistant powder-coat finish: Protects the main frame from rust as well as prevents color-fading.
3. CAP Barbell Dumbbell Rack
Keep your dumbbells within reach with this bowflex dumbbell stand from CAP Barbell. It holds up to 5 pairs of rubber hex, hex or neoprene dumbbells. Ideally, it measures 15 inches long by 13 inches wide by 27 inches high and it comes with a 30-day manufacturer’s warranty that protects against manufacturer defects.
- 200-pound weight capacity: Makes the unit ideal for home gym or workout room.
- Solid steel construction: Features a black powder-coat finish that prevents the rack from rust.
- Innovative design: Helps the rack to keep more than a few dumbbells without sacrificing workout space.
4. Marcy Multiple Dumbbell Rack
This top quality dumbbell weight rack from Marcy will give you the opportunity to keep your free weights organized and off the floor where they are likely to cause injuries. When fully assembled, the unit measures 27 inches long by 21 inches wide by 8 inches high, so expect to have a lot of space for workout.
- Compact, upright design: Keeps dumbbell organized while preserving the much-needed workout area.
- 14-gauge, solid steel construction: Enables the dumbbell rack to comfortably accommodate neoprene or cast iron dumbbell.
- Rugged but attractive powder-coated finish: Prevents rust while enhancing the rack’s aesthetic looks.
5. Body Solid GDR363 Dumbbell Rack
Make sure your workout area is well organized, clean, and most importantly, safe, with the Body Solid GDR363 Dumbbell Rack. It is a strong DIY dumbbell rack that is designed to save a lot of space with its horizontal design. It holds up to 9 pairs of hexagonal dumbbells with weights that range from 5 – 50 pounds.
- All-4-side welded construction: It is de-burred inside and out for optimum safety.
- Horizontal design: Allows the rack to be centered in a room or placed against any wall.
- Heavy gauge steel frame: It’s strong enough for superior durability and longevity.
6. CAP Barbell Two Tier Dumbbell Rack
If you are looking for a place to keep your Hex Cast Iron, Chrome, Pro-Style or Hex Rubber Coated Dumbbells, look no more. The CAP Barbell Two Tier Dumbbell Rack is a versatile accessory that keeps nearly all types of dumbbells. It is strong and the perfect solution to keep your workout space safe, clean, and organized. Moreover, this DIY weight rack comes with a 15-day no question asked, money-back guarantee for hassle-free buying experience.
- 12-guage steel: Promotes the much-needed durability.
- Angled lower level: Ensures easy lifting.
- 500-pound weight capacity: Makes the unit perfect for both home gym and workout room.
- Two-tier shelves: Offers enough space for storing dumbbells.
7. CAP Barbell Dumbbell and Kettlebell Rack
CAP Barbell is known for its ability to produce top class dumbbell racks. And this unit is not an exception. It combines style and functionality without compromising durability and safety. The dumbbell rack can hold up to 4 pairs of dumbbells with weights 3 b – 35 lb, and it boasts a weight capacity of 225 pounds.
- Rubber trimmed top and bottom edges: Protect floors and equipment.
- Rubber grommet trimmed dumbbell cradles: They prevent scratches and tearing for up to four pairs of dumbbell.
- Two steel storage shelves: Add storage space for keeping such things as kettle bells and jump ropes, among others.
8. CAP Barbell Utility Rack
Like most weight racks for home gyms, the CAP Barbell Utility Rack has all the strength and prowess to keep your dumbbells organized and off the ground for safety. It takes up as little space as possible, thereby, making sure you have enough area for working out. With this unit, you’ll have everything on hand for superb workout.
- Durable steel construction: Promotes longevity, and therefore, convenience.
- Versatile design: Allows the unit to keep dumbbells, medicine balls, and kettlebells.
- Two levels: They are perfect for fitting most sizes and Brands of free weights or other exercise equipment.
9. Marcy Combo Storage Rack
Make sure you have superb workout anytime with the Marcy Combo Storage Rack. It is a bowflex dumbbell stand that keeps your dumbbells, weight plates, and kettlebells all in one place for ultimate convenience. Ideally, it measures 53.5 inches long by 18.25 inches wide by 35.75 inches high to give you enough space to keep your workout equipment. The 1-year limited warranty gives you confidence to go for the product, knowing you’ll be sorted if anything is wrong.
- Four storage weight posts and collars: Give enough space for keeping dumbbells, kettlebells, and weight plates, among others.
- Rubber end caps: Protect the floor from scratches.
- 1000-pound weight capacity: Makes the dumbbell perfect for storing nearly all workout accessories.
10. Body Solid GDR60 Dumbbell Rack
Body Solid has been producing high quality dumbbell racks for over 20 years. And this dumbbell weight rack is no exception. It is convenient and versatile to help keep your dumbbells organized and make sure your workout area is clean and safe. It comes with a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty that protects against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Steel tubing mainframe: It has a reversed pitch design that allows for easy access to each tier.
- Heavy gauge steel construction: It features tubing that has been welded on all four sides, as well as de-burred inside and out for optimum user safety.
- Open design: Allows you to place this DIY dumbbell rack against any wall or centered in a room.
The market has so many dumbbells that if you are not careful, you may end up with what you didn’t expect. As such, it’s always important to go through a number of reviews before making up your mind on what you want to take home. When choosing a DIY dumbbell rack, the main things you should focus on are durability, strength, and capacity. Luckily, all DIY weight racks listed above are all durable with reasonable weight capacities. So, go for one or two knowing they will give you the much-needed organization and safety in your workout area.