Applying drywall to ceilings and walls can be a tricky task, especially if you are doing this on a high wall. While you can use a ladder, this is always risky, as the ladder can slip, making you tumble down and sustain bad injuries. Also, using a ladder is quite arduous because you will be forced to move down, push the ladder where you want it to be, and then climb again to continue with drywall application.
Luckily, you are likely to avoid all these difficult tasks simply by having a set of drywall stilts. Unlike ladders, drywall stilts make movement extremely easy since they require you to put them on like shoes. They also have adjustable heights to let you access varying working heights with much ease. They are safer and more convenient than conventional ladders. So, should you be interested in getting a set, the following top 10 best drywall stilts reviews are for you.
- 1. Pentagon Tools 1116 Drywall Stilt
- 2. GypTool Silver Pro 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts
- 3. Yescom 24”-40” Drywall Stilts
- 4. SurPro S2.1 24-40 in. Drywall Stilts (SUR-S2-2440MP)
- 5. STKUSA 24” to 40” Drywall Stilts
- 6. GypTool Pro 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts (Black)
- 7. GypTool Pro 36” – 48” Drywall Stilts
- 8. SurPro 15-23 in. Drywall Stilts (SUR-SS-1523MP)
- 9. MTN Gearsmith 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts (Silver)
- 10. The Forest Group Sur-Mag 24-40” Drywall Stilts
1. Pentagon Tools 1116 Drywall Stilt
We believe that everything you are looking for is right here in the Pentagon Tools 1116 Drywall Stilt. Made to hold up to 228 pounds of weight, this drywall stilt is ideal for many groups of individuals. It is designed with a dual spring action that allows for flexibility as well as preventing legs from sliding. Also, there are premium grade rubber soles that prevent slipping. The drywall stilt can be adjusted from 18 inches to 30 inches to let you meet various working heights. What’s more, Pentagon Tools has designed it with aluminum construction, which is known both for sturdy yet lightweight performance. This means it will not weigh you while it is on your feet. It will also not bend because of your weight.
- The price is a bargain
- Great for installing Christmas lights
- Fairly easy to put together
- Very easy to stand in
- Sturdy, light and well built
- Tilts toward the leg-brace side instead of being more balanced
2. GypTool Silver Pro 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts
With a working height of 24 inches to 40 inches, these drywall stilts from GypTool are versatile, and, therefore, can be used for wiring, painting, and dry wall. They weigh only 17.1 pounds per pair, and this means they are very easy to walk in. Additionally, they have a weight capacity of 225 pounds; hence, they can be worn by people with various weights up to 225 pounds. Another feature that we would like to talk about is the quality construction. Well, these drywall stilts are constructed with high-grade and lightweight aluminum construction, so you can walk in them with peace of mind knowing that they will not pose any risk by bending or losing balance. Their braces are 100-percent adjustable, so they can accommodate any user.
- No tools needed to adjust the height
- Well made and work great
- The price is within an affordable range
- Nice for working on ceilings or tall walls
- Easy to move around with
- Straps are a little hard to adjust
3. Yescom 24”-40” Drywall Stilts
Dual action springs of Yescom 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts improve flexibility, thereby, ensuring peerless performance. The flexibility will help you move naturally without sacrificing the stability, control, and balance. Another feature that Yescom has included is the adjustable height. Yes, these drywall stilts can be adjusted from 24 inches to 40 inches to give you the perfect working height. Also, the manufacturer has equipped them with premium rubber soles and even designed them to resist skid in order to give you more safety while you are moving around. Still on preventing skids and slips, these drywall stilts have a 3-position heel bracket that accommodates different sizes of feet as well as preventing slippage. Like the first two products, this particular set has a high weight capacity, which is 225 pounds.
- Ideal for personal use and commercial applications
- Have a good balance
- Very light for fast and easy control
- Make it possible to access high areas
- A great alternative to a ladder
- The build quality should be improved
4. SurPro S2.1 24-40 in. Drywall Stilts (SUR-S2-2440MP)
We like the fact that should these drywall stilts become damaged in any way, you can rely on the 1-year warranty to solve the issue. They are a product that will give you all the assurances you need, so you can be comfortable all through. Another reason why we think you should consider these drywall stilts is that they are made of magnesium and not aluminum like most drywall stilts. As such, they are lighter than aluminum drywall stilts. In addition, these drywall stilts have increased comfort and stability because of their wrap-around leg band system and wider contoured foot plate. They also promise to provide you with increased safety, considering that they have the support poles that lock securely to the frame system.
- Comfortable and easier to walk in
- The dual support post increases stability
- Very secure and easy to learn on
- Easy to navigate with
- Fits very good to promote convenience
- The delivery should be improved
5. STKUSA 24” to 40” Drywall Stilts
STKUSA is like any other reputable company that wants the best for their customers. That’s why they have equipped these drywall stilts with every good feature that can help improve their performance. They have included a dual spring action to allow for flexibility and prevent legs from sliding. They have also included adjustable heel plates that work with foot straps and self-locking metal buckles to give you a secure fit. Besides, the height of these drywall stilts is adjustable from 24 inches to 40 inches, so you can use them for a variety of projects. In order to support up to 228 pounds of load capacity, these drywall stilts are made of strong construction, which also offers good support. We are certain that these drywall stilts will be really helpful for you; thanks to their convenient features.
- Very high quality and comfortable
- Pretty simple to put together
- Not highly priced like other quality brands
- Lightweight for easy walking
- Hold up to an incredible 228 pounds
- Drywall stilts do not come with assembly instructions
6. GypTool Pro 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts (Black)
It turns out that GypTool is one of the best manufacturers of drywall stilts. And this is owed to the fact that they produce premium products. For example, their pro 24” – 40” drywall stilts (Black) are high-quality professional grade stilts designed for painting, dry wall, wiring, and more. They are made of high-grade and lightweight aluminum, which is known for unwavering stability. Because of the aluminum, these drywall stilts only weigh 17.1 pounds. You will, therefore, have an extremely easy time to walk with them. These drywall stilts have a rated load of 225 pounds, meaning they are perfect for several groups of individuals. Ideally, they do not require tools for adjusting the height.
- Can be used for Halloween
- Easy to put together and walk in
- Put you at a perfect height for painting, wiring, dry wall, and other applications
- Safer than getting on the roof
- Extremely easy to put on
- You may have to get used to them, although, this only takes a few moments
7. GypTool Pro 36” – 48” Drywall Stilts
When you get to the market, all you want is the best product. That’s why we have not hesitated to bring you these drywall stilts from GypTool. They are very easy to adjust and you will not need any tools to do the same. Furthermore, they have high premium rubber feet that are stable and non-marring to help protect the floors. They also have extra wide padded calf braces that work with adjustable straps to provide support and comfort. Although they are a little heavier than the GypTool Pro 24” to 40” Drywall Stilts, the pro 36” – 48” drywall stilts are still lighter for easy navigation. And this is because it is made of lightweight yet strong aluminum.
- Has a high weight capacity
- Versatile; perfect for wiring, dry wall, and painting
- Give more stability to prevent sudden slipping and falling
- Made of aluminum for superior durability
- The height is very easy to adjust
- The build quality is a little off
8. SurPro 15-23 in. Drywall Stilts (SUR-SS-1523MP)
Safety is one of the things to look for should you decide to buy a pair of drywall stilts. And one product whose safety cannot be compromised is this set of drywall stilts from SurPro. They are made of magnesium because magnesium is lighter than aluminum yet as strong as the same aluminum. For this reason, these drywall stilts will let you walk in them comfortably while beautifully keeping up with your weight. Furthermore, these drywall wall stilts have a 3-position oversized bracket and foot plate to help improve safety. Because they are trustworthy products, the manufacturer has backed them with a 1-year limited warranty. We are certain that every feature you have always wanted is right here in these drywall stilts. So, go for it and you will never regret your choice.
- Wider and lighter for easy use
- Provide increased safety during use
- Offer superior comfort for hours of wearing
- Great for drop ceiling, electrical, and drywall painting, among others
- Height can quickly be adjusted without tools
- A little more expensive than other drywall stilts
9. MTN Gearsmith 24” – 40” Drywall Stilts (Silver)
According to MTN Gearsmith, hard-to-reach places should not be a worry for you if you have these drywall stilts. And we second them because we know what these drywall stilts can do. They are made of lightweight and sturdy aluminum, which enable them to support up to 230 pounds. They are, however, lightweight; hence, you can easily walk around in them. Besides, MTN Gearsmith has included a 3-position heel bracket to prevent slippage and accommodate different foot sizes. They have also included heavy gauge overlapping aluminum leg tubes that contribute to outstanding performance as well. With these drywall stilts, you will be able to access different working heights, considering that they can be adjusted from 24” – 40”. We like them and we think you should too.
- Lightweight for easy use
- Very easy to assemble
- Great for different working heights
- The silver finish looks perfect
- Makes a great gift for a drywall painter
- May arrive with a few defects, but the manufacturer promises to handle this well
10. The Forest Group Sur-Mag 24-40” Drywall Stilts
Since magnesium has been proven to save up to 2 pounds, The Forest Group has used it to construct these drywall stilts. As a result, expect the set of these drywall stilts to be light enough for easy walking and navigation. Although magnesium is unbelievably light, it is as sturdy as aluminum. And that means you will be able to walk in them without worrying about balance. In fact, the manufacturer provides a 1-year limited warranty because they trust the durability of the magnesium construction they have used. Another feature that will make you go for these drywall stilts is the interlocking leg brace attachment for added safety. Also, there are nylon alligator adapter straps, which provide extra safety as well.
- Durable to give you several years of use
- Lightweight for easy navigation
- Provides enough safety
- Makes it easy to access hard-to-reach places
- Very comfortable and easy to put on
- A little pricier than other models with the same features
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Drywall Stilt
A buyer’s guide is supposed to guide you when it comes to choosing the best drywall stilt. This is because there are so many products that getting the best can be quite difficult without a buyer’s guide. So, on that note, be sure to go through the factors we have provided below.
- The Weight Capacity
Choose a drywall stilt set whose weight capacity surpasses your weight. This is because such a drywall stilt set will remain steady while you are walking or working in it. Also, it will not bend as a result of too much weight.
- The Safety
A drywall stilt set that is not designed with safety in mind can slip while you are walking, thereby, exposing you to bad injuries. Therefore, make sure the pair of drywall stilts you go for has straps that wrap your legs securely as well as high-grade rubber soles, which are resistant to skid.
- Height Range
Although all drywall stilts have adjustable heights, the height range normally varies. So, if you are applying a drywall on an overly high ceiling or wall, go for a pair of drywall stilts that can be adjusted until it reaches where you want it to be.
- Stability of the Drywall Stilt Set
The best pair of drywall stilts should be very stable and well balanced. Well, this will help you walk comfortably and apply drywall on ceiling or wall effortlessly. Therefore, to ensure that the drywall stilt set you are choosing is stable, check its width; it should be reasonably wide.
- Level of Flexibility
A drywall stilt should be equipped with dual action springs to give you ultimate flexibility. This is because flexibility is what will help you move around naturally and navigate easily. Flexibility also helps contribute to comfort, which in turn, will let you have a drywall stilt set for a pretty long time.
- Construction of the Drywall Stilt Set
A premium quality drywall stilt set should be made of such quality materials as magnesium and/or aluminum. This is because these materials are lightweight; hence, they make it extremely easy to walk in a pair of drywall stilts. Magnesium and aluminum are also sturdy, despite being lightweight; thus, they have high weight capacities.
It is time to let go of your conventional ladder because all it does is to make drywall application quite difficult not to mention putting your safety in question. These drywall stilts are top quality since we have taken time to research and compare them before displaying them on this page. We, therefore, believe that they will be of great help, especially if you do wall painting, wiring, and applying drywall to ceiling or walls.