It is the dream of every pet owner to keep their dogs and cats 100-percent healthy year in year out. However, that dream is unlikely to materialize if you let your pet jump to and from high beds, couches, and other hard-to-reach areas. Like humans, cats and dogs suffer from sudden impact, which is likely to occur in the event that they jump from a high bed to a hard surface. The sudden impacts would then lead to pain in the joints and even cause hip dysplasia.
Fortunately, you can conveniently prevent your dog from such injuries by buying them a set of dog stairs. With these units, your pet will get to high beds and come down easily. They are made with soft padding to make sure your furry friend does not suffer from impacts. We believe that they are a must-have if you have a pet. So, go ahead and choose one from the top 10 best dog stairs for high bed reviews we have provided below.
- 1. Solvit PetSafe Pet Stairs (PupSTEP Plus)
- 2. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Cozy Pet Dog Steps
- 3. Pet Gear 4-Step Pet Stairs for Cats/Dogs
- 4. Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Foam Pet Stairs/Steps
- 5. Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs for Cats and Dogs
- 6. Animal Planet Wooden Pet Stairs
- 7. Zinus Step Easy Pet Stairs
- 8. Paws & Pals Dog Stairs (Brown)
- 9. Petmate Pet Step II
- 10. Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs
1. Solvit PetSafe Pet Stairs (PupSTEP Plus)
At only 5 pounds, the Solvit PetSafe Pet Stairs (PupSTEP Plus) are extremely light to make your life easier. Nevertheless, the 5-pound weight should not be mistaken for flimsy construction, considering that the stairs can support more than 120 pounds. The overall dimensions of these stairs are 24-by-16-by-20 inches, while the measurements of the individual step are 6 inches deep by 13 inches wide by 4.75 inches high. Additionally, these stairs fold up easily, meaning you can quickly store them should need be. They will give confidence to your pets with their built-in rails and non-skid feet. The way these stairs are designed makes us believe that they will be handy for your small or medium pet who wants to get access to the couch, bed, sill, window, and more.
- Perfect for pets with short legs
- Lightweight and affordable
- Assembly is easy and does not take long
- The height is adjustable
- The color scheme is neutral; hence, will blend with almost any décor
- Steps are not deep, which may make some pets dislike the stairs.
2. Dallas Manufacturing Co. Cozy Pet Dog Steps
Not all dog stairs come with a super smooth cover, right? Well, that’s what has made us include this set of dog steps in these reviews. Best of all, the cover of these dog steps is machine washable, and this means you should not be worried about cleaning it. That aside, the steps of these pet stairs are only four to ensure that your dog or cat does not take ages going up or coming down. In addition, the whole unit weighs less than 6 pounds and comes with a convenient tote handle to make portability a breeze. It is, however, strong and sturdy, given that it is equipped with DuraCore technology. That being said, the stairs are strong enough for dogs up to 150 pounds.
- Easy to carry on the back
- Great for elderly or injured dogs
- The cover washes very well in the machine
- Steps are sturdy to keep dogs secure
- Stairs are deep enough and the fabric is soft
- The stairs are made of cardboard, although, this does not compromise their sturdiness
3. Pet Gear 4-Step Pet Stairs for Cats/Dogs
Get it on Amazon.com
These pet stairs are designed for both small and large dogs. Their steps are not just wide but also deep to enable large dogs to climb comfortably and small ones to get their whole body on each platform. Furthermore, each step displays an innovative incline to make sure that your pet does not need to take on each of them, and this helps reduce stress on the pet. Once you have bought these stairs, it will not take you long to assemble them because they snap together easily. The stairs also come with carpet tread that is machine washable and very easy to remove when it gets dirty and you want to wash it. Besides, the bottom of the stairs is equipped with rubber grippers to keep the whole unit secure and in place.
- The length and height are correct
- Very sturdy and easy to assemble
- Can be used both as indoor and outdoor dog steps
- Lowly priced for easy buying
- Looks attractive and goes well with most décor
- Instructions need some working
4. Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Foam Pet Stairs/Steps
These pet stairs are designed to help little pups or kitties reach the couch or high beds without struggling a lot. Well, it is their intentions that we have decided to include them on our list. Best Supplies, Inc produces different sizes of these stairs, and these include 3-step (13.5 inches high), 4-step (18 inches high), and 5-step (22.5 inches high). This means you won’t have problems getting the correct stairs for your pet. Another feature that impresses us about these dog stairs is the anti-slip bottom that makes the stairs very sturdy. We also like the wide width, considering that it contributes greatly to safety and ease of use. The stairs are easy to maintain, as all you need to do is to remove the ultra-soft fleece-like fabric and wash it in the machine when it gets dirty.
- Easy to move whenever pet wants it
- The fabric is removable and machine washable for convenience
- Steps are great and soft
- Stairs stay in place and work well for smaller pets
- Stairs look cute once set up
- Not sturdy enough to support large dogs
5. Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs for Cats and Dogs
Dimensions of the Majestic Pet Portable Pet Stairs are 24 inches deep by 20 inches high by 16 inches wide. Well, this size is simply perfect for pets of any size. And this means you can use the stairs to give your furry friend a boost when he wants to get on beds, chairs, and sofas, among others. Because of how they work, these pet stairs make a great purchase for pet owners with elderly or arthritic pets. You can also consider them if your dog or cat is recovering from an injury. The pet stairs feature a pet step cushion that helps reduce the risk of injury, especially if the climber has weak legs or bones. Besides, we recommend you to go for these dog stairs because they are not just pet-centered but also they have your welfare in place. For example, the stairs have a sturdy foam insert that will not bruise your shin should you bump into them in the middle of the night.
- Stairs look trendy anywhere they are placed
- Lightweight; therefore, easy to move around
- The foam used is great quality
- Sturdy enough to hold most pet’s weights
- Padding is dense and steps are small
- A little wobbly
6. Animal Planet Wooden Pet Stairs
In our opinion, we believe that the Animal Planet Wooden Pet Stairs are worth considering if you are in the market to look for dog stairs for high bed. They are durable, and, therefore, will allow your pet to reach their favorite destinations without much fuss. Moreover, these dog stairs boast a foldable design, and this means you can store them anywhere let alone having an easy time to carry the whole unit. Each step of the unit features a fabric-lined material to provide cushion to your pet. Plus the fabric-lined material provides extra grip and durability. The pet stairs measure 15-by-23-by-20 inches, making them perfect for any room as well as ideal for both smaller and larger pets. They are 4-step stairs that every pet owner should have.
- The unit folds for easy storage in any place
- The price is affordable
- The color matches the room pretty well
- Stairs do not wobble, crack or creak
- They hold up well to everyday use
- A little steeper
7. Zinus Step Easy Pet Stairs
Zinus is not new to most customers because they produce quality products. Their easy pet stairs, for example, have everything you and your pet needs. The pet stairs will help your dog get safely up on the couch, bed or their favorite spot. They ensure that your pet does not need to jump or struggle to access high places. What’s more, these pet stairs are made of a sturdy material in the high-density comfort foam. This means they do not wobble; hence, will not keep the safety of your pet in jeopardy. They are great for older cats and dogs as well as pets recovering from injuries. You can also buy them if your pet has joint or hip issues.
- The stairs look exactly as pictured
- The foam used is firm and the cover is soft
- Perfect for arthritic pets
- Stairs save pets from having to jump on the bed or couch
- Easier on dog joints
- Stairs smell a little when they first arrive
8. Paws & Pals Dog Stairs (Brown)
Paws & Pals is a trusted name when it comes to pet supplies. And, as usual, they have not disappointed in these dog stairs. To begin with, they have made the stairs with a brown cover, so they can perfectly blend with any décor. Secondly, Paws & Pals have made sure the dog stairs are versatile; hence, perfect for both small and big pets. The stairs are also great for pets suffering from arthritis, overweight breeds, as well as, those with hip dysplasia and painful joints. With them in your home, your pet will have the full independence to access ledges, couches, and other hard-to-reach places. The whole unit measures 19.25 inches long by 26.25 inches wide by 15.5 inches high.
- The size is perfect for a small apartment
- Make it easy for pets to access hard-to-reach places
- Well constructed to offer reliable performance
- The handle makes stairs easy to move
- The cover can zip on and off for quick washing
- The unit is made of cardboard, which makes it looks flimsy
9. Petmate Pet Step II
Your pet will always want to be next to you. That’s why you need to have the Petmate Pet Step II. With this unit, your pet will be able to easily reach your bed and enjoy your presence. These stairs are designed for pets with weight up to 70 pounds, although, they are incredibly lightweight to let you move them easily. Still on easy movement, the stairs have a handle for easy carrying. Ideally, we like the decorative features Petmate has considered when making these stairs. We are also thrilled by the non-slip surface that prevents stairs from moving around when the pet is climbing or coming down. Another feature that impresses us is the convenient height, which fits standard chairs and sofas.
- The size is perfect for any room
- Look very nice in a room
- Sturdy enough to be relied on by big cats
- Work great for elderly cats
- The price is a bargain
- The unit tends to move a little because it is very lightweight
10. Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs
We believe that one of the best and convenient ways to help your pet reach their favorite place is to use the Arf Pets Wood Dog Stairs. Made of sturdy construction, these dog stairs will provide your pet with a secure way to access hard-to-reach areas. They are also equipped with safety side rails that are built into the design to enable your pet to climb up and down with confidence. Furthermore, these stairs are finished with rich espresso to clearly indicate that the manufacturer is not just after the safety of your pet but also is after aesthetics. That being said, the finish will blend well with your existing décor. When you are traveling or simply not using these stairs, you can fold them very fast and store them anywhere you see fit; thanks to their foldable design.
- Stairs work great and dogs love them
- Well built and super sturdy to give dogs confidence
- Great for senior dogs
- The highest adjustable level is perfect
- Pets find it easy to use
- Priced a little higher than other brands
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Dog Stairs for High Bed
At the end of the day, you want to end up with premium quality dog stairs. And one of the best ways to make that happen is to have a look at a comprehensive buyer’s guide like the one we have listed below.
- The Weight Capacity
You do not want to buy your dog a set of dog stairs only to see her tumble down immediately she tries it on. Apart from making you feel a little guilty about not doing enough to protect your dog, this can leave your pet with serious injuries. Therefore, make sure the dog stairs you go for are sturdy enough to stand up to the weight of your dog.
- The Height
The height of the dog stairs you go for should fit the height of your high bed perfectly. This means it should not be below or over it because, when this happens, your dog would have a hard time getting on the bed or coming out. If possible, consider dog stairs with adjustable heights.
- No. of Steps
It is recommended to choose the number of steps of dog stairs based on the height of the bed or couch. That being said, a taller bed should have more steps of dog stairs than a shorter one. Nevertheless, do not choose so many steps that will confuse your dog or force him to use a lot of energy when using the staircase.
- Portability of the Dog Stairs
Apart from high beds, dog stairs are great for couches and other high areas. This means you are likely to move them from one place to another. So, with this in mind, try to go for dog stairs that are lightweight and compact. If possible, consider stairs with foldable design and handles since they are easy to move around. Dog stairs you go for should, however, not be too light unless you want them to topple with your pet; which we are sure you don’t.
- Style and Color
Choosing dog stairs randomly is likely to make you end up with an eyesore unit that will put the aesthetics of your room in jeopardy. As a result, be sure to only focus on those dog stairs that will blend well with your décor. And the best way to achieve that is to look at the style and color.
Before you choose a set of dog stairs, ask yourself whether it will fit your room. This is because you won’t want to buy something that will be on the way all the time, making you stumble on it, perhaps, when you are going to the toilet at night. You should, however, not choose dog stairs that are too small, as this can be hard to use by your dog.
We are certain that you do not want your dog to suffer as a result of making high jumps. That’s why we have reviewed these dog stairs comprehensively. They are helpful units, especially if you have an arthritic or senior pet. You can also rely on them if your dog is recovering or suffering from hip dysplasia. Add one to cart now!