An old dog, young one or a dog with arthritis, injuries or some kind of pain can really be difficult to transport in a car. This is because the car is normally raised, forcing the dog to jump. Well, this can really be painful to the dog. Ideally, carrying your dog to the car is not advisable either because it is likely to make the already painful areas more painful. Carrying a dog to your car is also not good for your back, especially if the dog is a large breed. That being said, the next time you are going out with your dog, ensure you have a dog ramp to help your dog get in and come out easily. Check out the following top 10 best dog ramps for cars reviews to know what to go for.
- 1. PetSafe Ultralite Bi-fold Ramp
- 2. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp, 71 in. Long
- 3. PetSafe Solvit Deluxe Extra-Long Telescoping Pet Ramp
- 4. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- 5. Gen7Pets Natural Step Ramp for Pets
- 6. PETMAKER Plastic Pet Stairs
- 7. Internet’s Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp
- 8. SUKI&SAMI Dog Car Step Stairs
- 9. Paws & Pals Pet Ramp for SUV Truck RV Cars
- 10. Pet Loader Ultra Light 14.5” Platform
1. PetSafe Ultralite Bi-fold Ramp
Weighing just 10 pounds, the PetSafe Bi-fold Ramp can easily be carried and used anywhere. The lightweight construction should, however, not fool you. The ramp holds more than 150 pounds, meaning it works for most dogs. In addition to being very lightweight, this ramp can be folded in half. You will, therefore, have an easy time storing or carrying it. Still on easy carrying; this dog ramp for car has indentions beneath the railing to provide you with a convenient carrying handle. It also has a safety release latch that helps prevent accidental openings. Another feature we must bring to your attention is the high traction surface for walking that offers a heavily textured surface similar skateboards and truck beds. The textured surface prevents slips, and it is great for older pets or those with mobility issues.
- Does not take up a lot of room in the vehicle
- Very lightweight and folds in half for optimum portability
- Dogs get used to it very quickly
- Perfect for older dogs
- Customer service is fantastic
- A bit narrow, but this does not affect its performance
2. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp, 71 in. Long
The Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp is designed for dogs up to 200 pounds. As such, it is ideal for most dogs. The dog ramp also has a great size, which measures 71 by 16 by 4 inches. Plus it is equipped with rubber grippers on the bottom to help keep it stable. When you are not using this dog ramp, simply fold it and keep it anywhere; thanks to the compact size when folded. The easy-fold design combined with the built-in molded handle makes this unit extremely easy to transport. Additionally, this dog ramp for cars has a slip-resistant surface to ensure that dogs do not lose their grip and fall down. It is a product of Pet Gear Inc.; a manufacturer that has been around since 1936. This means the manufacturer knows exactly what to do to satisfy the needs of customers.
- Heavy duty enough to hold heavy pets
- Not steep; hence, dogs walk easily on it
- Folds and unfolds easily
- The surface is rugged to enhance grip
- Comes with a safety cord
- Has a slight wobble, but this is common to almost all ramps
3. PetSafe Solvit Deluxe Extra-Long Telescoping Pet Ramp
This dog ramp for car weighs just 18 pounds, and this means you will not have any problems carrying it. Despite its lightweight construction, the pet ramp for car will not wobble while it is in use. And this is because of the ultra-stiff design that uses 4 rubber feet. Also, this dog ramp for car can hold more than 300 pounds. This means even the largest dog will feel comfortable and safe walking on it. Talking of safety, this pet ramp has a high traction walking surface that prevents slips. Its walking surface is similar to truck beds and skateboard, making it safe for older dogs or those with mobility issues. What’s more, this pet ramp has a telescopic design. It can be extended from 47 inches to 87 inches long for convenience.
- The ramp is delivered very fast
- Closes up and stores away effortlessly
- Easy for pets to figure out how to use it
- Lightweight yet very sturdy
- Has a side handle for easy carrying
- The sharp edges are bothersome
4. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
The non-slip soft ridged rubber surface of this dog ramp for car is a unique feature, which is not there in most dog ramps. It is soft and offers superior dry or wet traction. Another wonderful thing to talk about this folding pet ramp is the industry-leading 500-pound weight capacity. Well, with such a high weight capacity, this dog ramp is suitable for the largest pets. Best of all, the ramp weighs 18.5 pounds and folds in half to make storage a breeze. When folded, it measures 36 inches long by 17 inches wide by 5.75 inches high. And when opened, it measures 70 inches long by 17 inches wide by 2.5 inches high, making it great for dogs of different sizes. Furthermore, this ramp comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Folds and unfolds easily and safely
- Cleans easily, and it is reasonably wide
- Easy to place on the steps
- Sturdy and does not bounce
- The surface offers traction even in wet weather
- A bit heavy, but this is because of the huge weight capacity
5. Gen7Pets Natural Step Ramp for Pets
Older pets can find it really hard to get in and outside of a vehicle. So, if you have one, then the Gen7Pets Natural Step Ramp for Pets is a must-have. The ramp is natural in the sense that it is made of Poly-Grass to allow your dog to get a grip and feel secure. Besides, the dog ramp has a soft surface that will not scratch the paws pads of your pet. It is also soft to the touch and will not scratch or scuff the interiors of a vehicle. Its maximum weight capacity is up to 250 pounds, which is just fine. When opened, the ramp measures 72 inches long by 16 inches wide by 1.5 inches thick. And when closed, it measures 36 inches long by 16 inches wide by 3 inches thick.
- Sturdy and well designed
- Light in weight; hence, easy to manage
- The astro covering offers good traction
- The length is perfect
- Easy to open and shut
- A little too narrow; thus, may not be suitable for large dogs
6. PETMAKER Plastic Pet Stairs
The PETMAKER Plastic Pet Stairs is one of the most affordable units not only in these reviews but in the market as a whole. Best of all, its pocket-friendly price does not compromise its quality. The unit is made of durable and tough plastic that will stand the test of time. What’s more, the plastic is easy to clean. Simply use mild soap and a damp cloth and voila! You are done. The integrated side rails will keep your dog secure plus there are non-slip foam pads that will help protect your pet and the floor. This plastic pet stairs also features adhesive back felt step covers that provide pets with better traction. The stairs will not collapse when in use, and that’s because of the snap lock feature. It supports pets up to 120 pounds.
- The size is perfect for small dogs
- Stairs are non-slip for maximum safety
- The entire unit is sturdy
- Folds nicely for easy storage
- Saves pet owners the hassle of having to carry their pets to higher places
- Dogs may be afraid of them at first
7. Internet’s Best Small Adjustable Pet Ramp
This adjustable pet ramp is designed to help pets who need help climbing into the sofa, small stairs, ledges, couch or bed. It has a simple design that offers a soft accent to any room without sacrificing sturdiness. That being said, the dog ramp for car holds up to 175 pounds. It also features a paw-friendly grip carpet that can withstand both the indoor and outdoor elements for superior durability. The grip carpet adds comfort and traction, and it is designed to prevent your pet from slipping. Additionally, the dog ramp for car can be adjusted to three different heights (10”, 13”, and 16”). It weighs just 8 pounds, and this means carrying and using it anywhere you go with your dog will not be a problem. When collapsed, the dog ramp measures 14 inches wide by 26 inches long by 2 inches high, which is compact enough to be stored almost anywhere.
- The height is adjustable
- The price point is okay
- Works well for both senior and small dogs
- Dogs learn how to use it quickly
- Very sturdy and does not wobble when in use
- Could fit flush against the couch or other pieces of furniture
8. SUKI&SAMI Dog Car Step Stairs
One mistake most manufacturers do is focusing too much on equipping their dog ramps with a non-slip surface to the extent that they forget to make the same dog ramps easy to clean. Luckily, SUKI&SAMI have not done that mistake. They have designed these dog car stairs with easy-to-clean materials. That being said, all you need to do when the ramp gets dirty is to simply wipe it down with a soapy, wet towel. Best of all, the manufacturer has not sacrificed comfort for easy cleanup. It has designed the dog ramp with a non-slip surface to give dogs the confidence to go up and come down. It has also included stability-anti-slip rubber grippers on the bottom to help keep the stairs very steady. Plus there is an integrated tether fastening on the unit’s tailgate latch to offer extra assurance.
- Very sturdy and they hold large dogs perfectly
- Stairs make it easy for dogs to enter vehicles
- They fit perfectly against the bed
- Dogs learn how to use them quickly
- Stairs fold up for easy storage
- Seams rip easily
9. Paws & Pals Pet Ramp for SUV Truck RV Cars
The dimensions of this dog ramp for car when folded are 15.5 by 10 by 16.5 inches. Well, this is compact enough to fit almost anywhere. Besides, this pet ramp measures 60 inches long when unfolded. And it comes with 4 grit strips to improve its performance and make it much safer to use by pets. It also has a carrying handle that combines with the foldable design to make it highly portable. Plus it is equipped with hinges that enable it to securely lock in place. Moreover, the unit is a high performance, sturdy dog ramp that can hold pets up to 120 pounds. If you are looking for a safe way to help your pet get in and come out of the vehicle, then this ramp is the best bet. It works with cars, trucks, SUVs, and RVs.
- Easy to fold and store
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Long and wide enough
- The price is very competitive
- Non-skid surfaces is a great addition
- Customer service is good
- A bit hard to unfold
10. Pet Loader Ultra Light 14.5” Platform
The safety of your dog matters. That’s why we advise that you consider this dog ramp for car. It has a wide deck and boasts a low angle to eliminate fear while your dog is climbing up. The ramp is designed to help protect your dog from injuries and pain. Plus it is a wonderful purchase for those with dogs suffering from arthritis. The ramp works with car, SUV, trailer, and truck. It is made of aluminum, and this makes it durable without increasing its weight. Because of such sturdy construction, this dog ramp for car is great for small, large, and medium dogs. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty to let you buy with confidence knowing that the manufacturer fully stands behind it. Furthermore, this ramp is available in a variety of sizes, which are 3-Steps, 4-Steps, and 5-Steps.
- Extremely easy to use
- Well constructed for solid performance
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Easy to set up and take down
- Perfect for large dogs
- Weighs more than expected, but it is still easy to carry
A dog ramp for car is not just designed for those whose dogs have various injuries but also it offers an affordable, convenient way to prevent injuries as a result of jumping from the car. It makes it easier for pets to climb and come down. Moreover, most of them are foldable and lightweight for easy transportation and storage.