If dogs were to choose between staying at home and going for an adventure with their owners, it’s no doubt they would go for the latter. Most pets, especially dogs, are social animals, meaning they really enjoy the companion of their owners. With this in mind, it’s commendable to carry your pet along to early morning walks and afternoon hikes. They really enjoy the moment and will love you more. Today, the market has dog carrier backpacks, which are specially designed to help you carry your pet anywhere your day takes you.
These carriers are comfortable and make sure your dog is safe throughout the adventure. Furthermore, they are not just designed for bags, as you can take advantage of their versatile design to carry other pets like rabbits and cats. Read through these top 10 best dog carrier backpacks for hiking reviews to get the best product for your beloved pet.
- 1. Outward Hound Kyjen Dog Carrier
- 2. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
- 3. SLEEKO Luxury Pet Carrier for Dogs and Cats
- 4. PetAmi Premium Pet Carrier Backpack
- 5. Cosmos Colorful Pet Carrier Bag
- 6. Petsfit Comfort Dogs Carriers Backpack
- 7. Pet Gear I-GO2 Traveler Roller Backpack
- 8. CozyCabin Latest Style Comfortable Carrier Backpack
- 9. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack
- 10. Prefer Pets Backpack Pet Carrier
1. Outward Hound Kyjen Dog Carrier
Get it on Amazon.com
Keep your beloved, small dog safe and comfortable with this dog backpack carrier from Outward Hound. It makes carrying your pet a breeze while you are on the go. Furthermore, it is loaded with numerous fascinating features for optimum performance. The Outward Hound Kyjen Dog Carrier is designed for dogs up to 15 pounds.
- Mesh-sides: They are designed for well-ventilated rides.
- Water-resistant nylon fabric: It is soft and durable for lifetime performance.
- Safety harness attachment and drawstring top: They improve security.
- Padding in back, straps & pouch bottom: It creates comfort for you and your pet.
- Makes it easy to hike with your dog
- The bottom does not collapse under the dog’s weight
- Dogs can sit on the flat bottom
- Dogs fit in nicely
- Well constructed
- Very comfortable
- Accommodates pets up to 20 pounds
- Runs a little small
2. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
This top quality dog carrier backpack for hiking measures 12.5 inches long by 10.2 inches wide by 16.3 inches high. With that said, it is the go-to product for cats and small dogs. It is designed to offer you and your pet ultimate comfort during travel or hiking.
- Two-way entry: It makes the carrier backpack easy to access.
- Zip up mesh window: It ensures more headroom and visibility.
- Firm structure: It enables the carrier backpack to provide your pet with a perfect room to move around. The firmly reinforced structure also prevents the backpack from collapsing on your pet while you are traveling.
- Cool; hence, the pet will not overheat
- The extra pockets are great for carrying treats and water
- The board that sits at the bottom offers great support to pets
- The netting is very strong; it is plastic reinforced
- The price is great
- Not the most comfortable
3. SLEEKO Luxury Pet Carrier for Dogs and Cats
Buying an FAA approved dog carrier backpack for hiking is a good idea. That’s why we have not hesitated to let you know of the availability of this one. It fits under airplane seats of Jetblue, American Airlines, Delta, and any other major airline. The backpack measures 17.5 inches long by 10 inches wide by 11.9 inches high.
- Mesh ventilation and two removable ultra-soft fleece pads: They work together to make the backpack totally comfortable.
- Two seat belt buckles: They ensure safe car travel.
- Reflective strips: They improve visibility in low-light environments.
- Clip-on shoulder strap and padded hand strap: They allow for hassle-free portability.
- Flexible enough to perfectly fit under the seat of a plane
- Has a lot of mesh, which makes it easy to monitor your pet
- Looks nice both in the inside and outside
- Fabric and zippers do not look cheaply made
- Provides plenty of space for cats or small dogs
- Tends to wobble when carried using the shoulder straps
4. PetAmi Premium Pet Carrier Backpack
PetAmi knows that, as a pet owner, all you want when traveling is comfort and convenience. That said, they have come up with this high performance dog carrier backpack. It measures 11.5 inches long by 9 inches wide by 16 inches high and fits both small and medium sized pets.
- 600D high-grade polyester: It is durable for long-lasting performance.
- Waist and chest buckles: They provide extra support.
- Side pockets: They provide the carrier backpack with extra capacity.
- Safety strap: It secures your pet and prevents him/her from escaping.
- Collapsible pet bowl: Helps keep your pet hydrated while you are on the go.
- Great for the price
- Comfortable for both the user and the pet
- Sturdy and good quality
- Completely collapsible and easy to hide
- The flat bottom allows pets to sit and support themselves
- Lightweight; not big or bulky
- Not the best for big pets
5. Cosmos Colorful Pet Carrier Bag
Carry your pet in style with this colorful hiking dog carrier from Cosmos. It is strong enough and perfect for pets weighing between 2.5 – 4 kg. Ideally, it has fascinating features that will allow your dog to enjoy a soothing stroll while your hands are free.
- Infant-style design: Makes this dog backpack the perfect choice for toting around smaller-sized pets.
- Self-fastening loop and hook closures: They guarantee safe transport.
- Strip pattern: Brings in the much-needed style.
- Cotton canvas: Promotes comfort.
- Adjustable shoulder strap: It makes the carrier easy to carry and handle.
- Sturdy and good quality
- Pets look adorable in it
- Can be used on both cats and dogs
- Pets are comfortable in it
- It is an eye catcher
- It is reasonably priced
- Straps are a little narrow and uncomfortable
6. Petsfit Comfort Dogs Carriers Backpack
Petsfit has never gotten it wrong. And that’s why we are very happy to include one of their products on this list. The dog carrier backpack for hiking measures 17.3 inches high by 13 inches wide by 10.6 inches long, and it can carry dogs up to 13 pounds.
- Mesh sides: They help provide ultimate ventilation.
- Sturdy Shoulder straps: They are adjustable to ensure comfort.
- Drawstring top and Safety harness attachment: They help improve security.
- Comfort grip handle: It makes it easy to carry the backpack during travel or hiking.
- Two color options: They include grey and grey 1, so you can choose a suitable one.
- The bottom is waterproof
- Urine is easy to clean because the bottom is not absorbent
- The window can be unzipped even when the backpack is on your back
- Very comfortable on the back
- Double straps at chest and waist keep the backpack secure
- A bit too small
7. Pet Gear I-GO2 Traveler Roller Backpack
When you buy this dog carrier backpack, you are not just buying a backpack but also you are buying a carrier, a roller bag, a car seat, and a tote all in a single unit. In other words, this pet backpack is virtually a 5-in-1 carrier specially designed to make sure you are less inconvenienced. It will not just keep your dog or cat comfortable but also will make sure your pet is safe throughout the adventure.
- Expandable sides: It can be expanded to add three inches of additional space.
- Two storage pouches: They are in the aforementioned expandable sides and are designed to keep pet’s extras.
- Tether: It can be attached to the pet’s harness for added safety.
- Telescoping handle: It stores out of the way like a suitcase.
- Good quality and looks nice
- Can accommodate large, heavy cats
- Put handle is comfortable
- Pet goes in without a problem
- Offers enough room to let pet stand freely
- Needs extra padding to give pet maximum comfort
8. CozyCabin Latest Style Comfortable Carrier Backpack
Whether you have a cat, mini teddy, mini schnauzer, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Yorkshire, Minlature Pinscher or mini Poodle, this carrier backpack is for you. It is a wonderful backpack that is great for pet owners who are always on the go. The carrier backpack is available in several sizes, so you can choose the perfect size for your needs. The backpack is great for pets weighing up to 12 pounds.
- Soft shoulder straps: They are adjustable and help reduce burden.
- The front hole: It can be adjusted with drawstring to fit your pet size.
- Interior buckle design: It connects with the pet’s collar to prevent them from getting out.
- Comes in several colors and sizes
- It has two very small pockets
- Comfortable and very sturdy
- The straps can be adjusted
- Handy for a hiking trip
- The material used is durable
- The straps are not as comfortable as expected
9. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack
The dimensions of the best quality dog carrier backpack for hiking are 16.5 x 10.4 x 0.5 inches, and its chest girth is 7 inches while the outside legs distances are less than 12 inches. The carrier will give you an opportunity to strengthen the bond between you and your pet.
- Zipper and elastic openings: They allow you to comfortably fit your pet inside the backpack.
- Soft padded shoulder straps: They are adjustable and have clips that are for front and back wearing.
- Legs-out and tail-out design: It keeps pets safe and comfortable when you carry them around.
- Two mesh side panels: They allow for optimum circulation of air.
- Fits great and pets love it
- Accommodates large dogs perfectly
- Seems well made to deliver solid performance
- Great for taking dogs on a camping or hiking trip
- The price is affordable
- The straps need a little more padding
10. Prefer Pets Backpack Pet Carrier
At only 3 pounds, this dog backpack carrier is one of the lightest pet slings for small dogs. Nevertheless, don’t be fooled by the lightweight design; this hiking dog carrier can comfortably and safely carry dogs up to 20 pounds. It is the ideal solution for those who love and care for their dogs, cats or rabbits.
- Durable mesh covered windows: They are on 4 sides and are designed for ventilation.
- Removable bottom insert: It makes cleaning a breeze.
- Heavy-duty nylon canvas: It enhances the durability of this small dog carrier
- Other features: Zipper entry on one side and zipper halfway down the opposite side.
- Can be used as a carrier or backpack
- Well ventilated
- Heavy duty and strong
- Folds up for easy storage
- Distributes the weight of pet greatly
- Comfortable to wear
- No pockets like other brands in the same class
Travel with your dog anywhere you want, because they love it! And one way to achieve this is through a dog carrier backpack. These items are safe and comfortable for any pet, so choose one whose features you think are the best for your “special friend”. We’ve unveiled different brands to provide you with an array of options and increase your chances of getting the most suitable one for your dog, cat or rabbit.