One of the reasons why dogs are also referred to as “man’s best friend” is the fact that they like to feel useful. And the best way to make your dog feel useful is to use a dog backpack. Through these unique backpacks, your furry friend will be able to carry their own supplies such as food, treats, first aid kits, poop bags, and more. They have well-thought-out designs that make them easy to get on dogs as well as to distribute weight evenly so pet dogs do not tire up pretty fast. In these top 10 best dog backpacks reviews, we have talked about the bestselling brands. So, go ahead and get one for your pet.
- 1. Outward Hound Dog Backpack Hiking Gear
- 2. OneTigris Dog Pack Hound Backpack
- 3. Mountainsmith K-9 Dog Pack
- 4. Lifeunion Dog Supply Backpack Saddle Bag
- 5. Kurgo Baxter Dog Backpack for Hiking, Camping, Walking, Running
- 6. Kyjen Outward Hound Dog Backpack
- 7. 2PET Dog Backpack for Hiking
- 8. Outward Hound Denver Urban Hiking Backpack for Dogs
- 9. Wellver Dog Backpack Saddle Bag
- 10. Cesar Milan Dog Backpack
1. Outward Hound Dog Backpack Hiking Gear
If you are a dog owner, the Outward Hound Dog Backpack is a useful piece of hiking gear you should definitely get your dog. It is loaded with a breathable mesh that offers airflow, which, in turn, helps keep your dog cool while both of you are on the go. It also has comfortable straps that are adjustable and allow for full range of motion. The straps also keep it in place, thereby, eliminating unnecessary inconveniences. Ideally, when you have this dog backpack, you will have a convenient place to store your essentials such as ID cards, phones, keys, and doggie bags. The bright coloring and reflective piping will ensure that you do not lose sight of your dog even in a low-light environment. The backpack hiking gear is available in two colors and three different sizes to choose from.
- Distributes the weight over the shoulders and not the back
- Great for short walks
- Light and does not slide around
- It is easy to fit
- Has pockets for carrying essentials such as keys, phone etc
- Not the best for long hikes/walks
2. OneTigris Dog Pack Hound Backpack
You should choose a dog backpack from One Tigris because the company believes that a dog’s life is almost similar to that of a man’s. That said, their dog backpack is no doubt one of the best you have ever seen. It has a net weight of 600 grams or rather 23 ounces. For this reason, it is very easy to handle. Furthermore, it is equipped with 3 adjustable straps that enable it to fit both large and medium-sized dogs. To be precise, it fits dogs with chests ranging from 41 – 66 centimeters (16 – 26 inches), bellies ranging from 76 – 107 centimeters (30 – 42 inches), and a 25cm (10-inch) back. Since it is multifunctional, the dog backpack is great for backpacking trips, long trail walks, hiking, traveling, camping, and everyday use. The backpack has two main zipper side compartments that feature semi-open pockets for carrying food holder, waste disposal bags, snacks, and water, among others.
- Handy for hiking and camping with your dog
- Fits dogs extremely well
- The stitching seems better
- Pockets appear more durable
- Mesh padding is comfortable and helps the pack stay in place
- Not the best for dogs with substantial weight
3. Mountainsmith K-9 Dog Pack
The experience of Mountainsmith in manufacturing top quality dog backpacks cannot be doubted. After all, the company was founded in 1979. Its K-9 dog pack works great because of the features it is equipped with. Well, one of these features is the back harness, which is independently adjustable, so it can provide a custom fit. There is also a 4-point chest harness, which is adjustable as well and has a padded sternum strap. Another impressive feature of the dog backpack is the 3M reflective trim, which is on the rear, front, and side panels. Plus there are two zippered pannier pockets that are handy for storing essential items. Your dog will stay cool throughout when he’s worn this backpack. And that is because of the air mesh panels, which help increase ventilation and keep the dog very much comfortable on the go.
- Works great on long hikes
- The price is reasonable
- The fit is exactly as expected
- All components are well made and designed
- Does not slide to one side or the other
- Buckles require constant readjusting
4. Lifeunion Dog Supply Backpack Saddle Bag
Very few dog backpacks are waterproof. With that said, we are very excited to tell you that the Lifeunion Dog Supply Backpack Saddle Bag is waterproof as well as durable. Well, this is because it is made of a 600D double polyester material. The backpack is ideal for more than a few occasions/events such as training, camping, hiking, walking, and many more. It also makes a great gift idea for dog lovers. The sturdy integrated handle works with a hard D-ring leash attachment on the top to help provide extra control. With this backpack, you will have a space to store all of your dog’s travel essentials like treats, first-aid supplies, toys, food, and travel bowls. It is a well-made backpack that will fit your dog comfortably and perfectly with adjustable straps and a soft-mesh lined underside.
- Does not lead to chafing issues
- Looks good on dogs
- Fits well to ensure ultimate convenience
- Dogs do not seem bothered by it
- Holds a lot of items
- The carried items must be perfectly balanced; otherwise, the heavier side will flip down
5. Kurgo Baxter Dog Backpack for Hiking, Camping, Walking, Running
It is very hard to find a dog backpack that is equipped with a warranty. That’s why the Kurgo lifetime warranty was enough to convince us to include this backpack to these reviews. We are also impressed with the fact that this dog backpack has two side pockets, which help provide extra storage. Another incredible feature is the rear mounted leash hook, which can be attached to a dog walking leash when the dog needs to be on the leash. Plus there is a large handle to provide extra control or to help your dog over obstacles or water. This dog backpack is great for dogs with sizes 30 – 85 pounds and fitting 3.75L as well as dogs with sizes 50 – 100 pounds and fitting 7.5L. It is a 2-sided dog pack with enough space for treats, food, first aid supplies, doggie bags, and travel bowls.
- Seems to be of high quality
- The price is reasonable
- Clips and zippers work well
- The handle on the top is really handy
- Looks nice on dogs
- The straps could be better
6. Kyjen Outward Hound Dog Backpack
Another dog backpack, which you should surely consider is this one from Outward Hound. It is made for dogs weighing 15 – 19 pounds and with a girth of 12” to 25”. It is equipped with mesh pockets as well as an interior water bottle holder to provide you with enough space for keeping dog’s essentials. Its reflective accents and bright colors make it highly visible, thereby, making sure that you are able to spot your dog even in pitch darkness. Another thoughtful feature that Kyjen has included is the ergonomic design that fits dogs easily. The pack is removable, so it can take some weight off your dog during rests. Plus it is easy to access to make sure that you have no problem keeping your dog hydrated while you are on the go.
- Looks really good on dogs
- The materials used are high quality
- Fits most dogs perfectly
- The price is fair
- The interior designs of the pouches are well thought out
- The color is vibrant
- May arrive with a few defects
7. 2PET Dog Backpack for Hiking
The features of this dog backpack work well enough to make it one of the best on the market. They include an adjustable design that will help you adjust the backpack according to the back of your dog and a detachable harness with chain hook for taking care of your dog in many different places. The dog backpack comes with a 1-year warranty that protects against manufacturing faults. Furthermore, it is designed with comfort in mind, so your dog can wear it for a long time without feeling fatigued. Other features of this dog backpack for hiking are elastic water bottle holders that will allow your dog to carry a water bottle and zippered mesh pockets, which are great for storing toys, poop bags, and other essentials. This dog backpack fits dogs with neck circumference ranging from 15” to 27” and chest circumference up to 32 inches.
- Extremely easy to put on the dog
- Well made for long-lasting performance
- Great for those who like to share activities with their dogs
- Holds enough of what you need
- The style and color are all great
- Only fits medium-sized dogs
8. Outward Hound Denver Urban Hiking Backpack for Dogs
Dog lovers, who like taking walks or going on hiking trips with their dogs, should consider this top quality dog backpack. It is a light-capacity pack that features a saddlebag-style design to give you 100-percent satisfaction. It is great for everyday errands as well as quick getaways with your dog. Because of the 4 expandable pockets that it comes with, this hiking backpack for dogs will provide you with ultimate convenience and a nice storage space to keep your dog’s essentials. It features a mesh top to make sure that your dog stays cool throughout the hiking experience. It also has an adjustable belly strap to help maximize balance and fit. This hiking backpack is available in four sizes, which are small, extra-large, medium, and large. That said, expect to have an easy time finding one that perfectly fits your pet dog.
- Compartments are big enough to fit food containers, water bottle etc
- Materials used feel durable
- The look is nice
- Excellent for long hikes
- Does not feel bulky
- Only available in one color
9. Wellver Dog Backpack Saddle Bag
Dogs love to feel useful. That’s why we encourage you to go for the Wellver Dog Backpack Saddle Bag. It is a washable and lightweight backpack that will come in handy during outdoor adventures, travels, walking, and hiking. Because of its lightweight design, the backpack is extremely easy to handle. It has a breathable middle mesh that works with a soft mesh lining to offer your dog the much-needed comfort. The backpack saddle bag also features adjustable straps, which allow it to fit your dog perfectly. Plus it has sturdy buckles for easy put on and off. Both the adjustable straps and sturdy buckles make this saddle bag great for both small and large dogs. Wellver has equipped this dog backpack with two roomy pockets that offer a convenient place to put pet toys or disposable dog food.
- The pockets are decently sized
- Very sturdy and stays in place well
- Pockets have ample room
- Offers a convenient way for your dog to carry their supplies
- The price is unbeatable
- The sizing chart is kind of inaccurate
10. Cesar Milan Dog Backpack
Nearly every dog owner will tell you that they do not have enough time to take their dogs out for walks and to do exercises. Well, that’s where the Cesar Milan Dog Backpack comes into play. It can be weighed down to provide the benefits of a 1-hour workout in just 30 minutes. It is great for medium dogs weighing around 40 pounds to 90 pounds and with a chest girth measuring between 24 inches and 36 inches. It is a versatile backpack that is ideal for dog lovers with a working dog. It is also great for those who want to give their dogs purpose or have dogs with too much energy. Its straps are made with elasticity, so they can adapt to your dogs’ motions. This means that when your dog moves, the straps will move.
- Easy to get on
- Nicely made and very useful
- Great for afternoon walks
- Ideal for dogs that need lots of activities
- Has plenty of room to store essentials
- The quality of craftsmanship and material are superb
- The price is a bit on the higher side
Dog backpacks are a lifesaver for dog lovers. They make hiking or camping with your dog a breeze. Besides, they are great for dogs that require lots of activities. In the above platform, we have compiled the ones we believe are the best, so you can have a super easy time choosing one for your pet dog.