All cat or dog lovers understand that although their furry friends bring so many fun and make their lives much better in many ways, there are also some problems that can happen when owning a pet. Among these, the most stressful issue might be when their beloved pets go missing or run away. This can trigger the same level of heartbreak or terror as a missing kid. Fortunately, thanks to advancement in technology, today’s dog owners can place a tracking device on their pup to help find him instantly within hours. Just like other electronic devices, dog trackers come in all sizes and shapes, and they apply different kinds of technology to track location, wellness, as well as fitness. After careful research, we’ve come with a list of top 10 best dog activity trackers to help you choose the right model for your beloved dog.
- 1. Whistle 3 GPS Dog Activity Monitor and Tracker
- 2. Whistle Tagg GPS Dog and Cat Tracker
- 3. Link AKC GPS Dog Collar
- 4. Tuokiy Pet Activity Tracker
- 5. DOTT The Smart Dog Tag Pet Finder
- 6. Poof Bean Dog Activity Tracker
- 7. Tractive 3G GPS Dog Tracker
- 8. Pod Trackers 3 Activity Monitor and GPS Pet Tracker
- 9. Nano GPS Dog tracker by Find My Pet GPS
- 10. Anki HappiGo Pet Tracker
1. Whistle 3 GPS Dog Activity Monitor and Tracker
The 3rd generation of the Whistle activity tracker comes with proactive alerts that you could elect to receive a text, app or e-mail notifications using Wi-Fi when your dogs leave your home. This can help you find out immediately before they go too far from the local area. Unlike other Bluetooth-only devices, the Whistle 3 applies cellular and GPS technology to offer a nationwide coverage. What’s more, it allows for 24-hour tracking so you can know where and when your dog was during the day. This model is ideal for use with dogs that are 8 lbs or more and could be attached to any harness or collar.
- All-in-one activity and GPS location tracker
- Offer nationwide coverage
- Advanced cellular and GPS technology
- Proactive notifications when dogs leave home
- Long-lasting battery life
- Require subscription plan for the cellular connectivity
2. Whistle Tagg GPS Dog and Cat Tracker
This Tagg GPS pet tracker is considered one of the leaders in the GPS tracking technology. With the largest wireless network in the country, this device will help any dog owners to track their furry friends anywhere and anytime. In addition, it is able to measure the activity levels of your pet, thereby giving both your pet and you the security and safety to live a happy life. More importantly, you might spot long-term trends and changes in activity levels and share the data with your vet so that he or she can make informed decisions about your dog’s health. Although the package does not include a collar, this tracker can be attached easily to the existing collar of your pet.
- Track and view daily exercise levels
- Get alerts when your dogs out
- Interactive map for better directions
- Easy to attach to the existing collar
- Spot long-term changes in health
- Not suitable for dogs under 10 pounds
3. Link AKC GPS Dog Collar
Are you owning a dog that likes to wander in the neighborhood? Then the Link AKC GPS dog collar might give you a piece of mind. With advanced GPS technology, it is able to track the location of your pet accurately and quickly. In addition, you can record and share special hikes, adventures, and walks with your dogs. The package includes a genuine collar that is made of leather and comes in various sizes, including XL (20 to 25 inches), large (16 to 20 inches), medium (15 to 20 inches), and small (10 to 15 inches). Apart from activity and location activity, the Link AKC also has a light that can be controlled remotely to help you see your dog at night.
- Provide several training features
- Included collar with various sizes
- Quick and accurate location tracking
- Easy to record and share special adventures or walks
- Activity tracking for keeping your dog happy, healthy, and safe.
- Must subscribe to a service plan for connectivity
4. Tuokiy Pet Activity Tracker
You want to keep your dog always healthy and safe? Then let’s check out this Tuokiy activity tracker. All that you need to do is attaching this extremely compact and lightweight tracker to the collar of your dog and downloading the free app, which is available for both iOS and Android. This device might help you track the activity and testing time of your pup every day, then offer some suggestions about his health, based on the weight, age, and breed. More importantly, it is able to remind you of any upcoming vet appointments and pet medications. Of course, the Tuokiy is designed with a tracking function to help you know when and where your dog goes out of your home.
- Plan optimized daily activity based on age, weight, and breed
- Remind upcoming vet appointments or medications
- Super thin and lightweight for extra comfort
- Can be used with a free app
- Give some health suggestions
- The tracking function is not accurate in some areas
5. DOTT The Smart Dog Tag Pet Finder
The DOTT device is perhaps one of the best dog trackers for those people who are using an iPad or iPhone. Once attached this small device to the collar of your dog, you can use your smartphone to get the signals and notifications when he goes missing. Unlike other trackers, there are no monthly fees, activation fees or subscription fees, you just need to buy this DOTT model and easily find your beloved friends whenever he gets lost. More importantly, you can choose to receive alerts for other dangers such as pet poisons, floods, and extreme heat, as well as track daily activity to keep your dog in the best health condition.
- No monthly fees, activation fees or subscription fees
- Alerts about possible dangers: floods, heat, or poisons
- Long-lasting battery life
- 24/7 community network support
- Daily tracking of activity level for better health
- Can be used only for iPhone and iPad
6. Poof Bean Dog Activity Tracker
The Poof Bean activity tracker is a good option to stay motivated when your dog goes missing. With 24/7 monitoring features, you can receive a text, app or e-mail notifications using Wi-Fi when your dogs leave your home. This can help you can know where and when your dog was during the day and find out immediately before they go too far from the local area. In addition, it comes in various colors, a waterproof and ultra-light design to provide extra comfort you’re your dog. For now, this device can be compatible with most tablets and smartphones.
- Compatible with most tablets and smartphones
- See activities or previous history easily
- Available in various colors
- Lightweight and waterproof design
- 24/7 monitoring support
- The navigation is simple yet inaccurate in some cases
7. Tractive 3G GPS Dog Tracker
Although Tractive is just a young technology company that was founded in 2012, it has proven itself as a trusted name with advanced dog training, health monitoring, and GPS tracking technology. This 3G dog tracker is an excellent example. The best feature of this device is called Tractive Live in which you can track your dog or cat the real-time so that you can know where he is playing or running. What’s more, you can pre-set a safe area such as the backyard or any areas in your house so when your dog goes out of this area, this device will automatically alert.
- The price is very affordable for most owners
- Reliable and advanced real-time tracking feature
- Small size and lightweight design
- Waterproof for using under any weather conditions
- Provide an integrated SIM-card
- Require a small service fee monthly
8. Pod Trackers 3 Activity Monitor and GPS Pet Tracker
The Pod 3 pet tracker and activity monitor is the latest product in pet caring technology that would help you take care of your dog even when you are not around. Thanks to a global GPS system, you can easily track your furry friend on the smartphone with just the click of a button. In addition, the activity monitoring feature makes it easier to manage his safety and health. Different from other Bluetooth devices that come with a limited range, the Pod 3 tracker can show where your dog is in more than 175 countries all over the world.
- Unlimited range in 175 countries
- The batteries are removable
- Waterproof and durable for long-lasting use
- Adventure recording and activity monitoring feature
- Suitable for both cats and dogs
- Only free of subscription for a limited time
9. Nano GPS Dog tracker by Find My Pet GPS
The main difference between this Nano GPS tracker and other devices is that it is able to use existing networks on your smartphone to deliver information from a unit to the application. As long as the network is available, you can still use this device to track the location of your dog. This means you can use it with GPS, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Depending on the environment and usage, the battery can last from 2 to 3 days. Lastly, you can include as many dogs as you want to the personal account and track all of them at the same time.
- Can be used with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Track many pets at the same time
- Available in both iOS and Android
- Provide accurate location tracking
- Come with rechargeable battery
- The battery does not last long
10. Anki HappiGo Pet Tracker
The Anki HappiGo pet tracker is a small yet accurate Bluetooth and GPS tracker that can connect electronically to any Android or Apple devices. With a lightweight, thin, and simple modern design, it can easily fit in your key ring, purse, and wallet so that you can track the location or activity of your dog all the time, even when you are traveling or on the move. At the moment, this device can be compatible with most tablets and smartphones available on the market.
- Available in 3 different colors
- Simple, lightweight, and thin design
- Easy to fit in key rings, purse, and wallet
- Can be connected to any smartphones and tablets
- Quick alarm when your dogs go far away
- No live tracking available
To sum up, activity trackers are great devices to prevent your dogs from wandering off or go missing. With advanced technology, they are able to track your beloved pet’s location, as well as other health metrics like heart rate, sleeping time, etc. With all of these 10 products that we reviewed, you can narrow down the options and come with the right choices to take care your dogs every day.