Composting exposes gardeners to some of the most arduous tasks; turning the compost. But that is now outdated, as the market today has a compost tumbler, which does the decomposing job, and it does it exemplary well. So, you may be wondering what a compost tumbler is. This is a sealed container, which can be rotated to mix the decomposing materials. Most of them are black in color to help retain heat and moisture, which are badly needed during decomposition.
Some also have lids that spare you the smelly, fly-attracting sight of the composting materials. They really offer the best way to conserve the environment and turn kitchen and paper wastes into something meaningful. In fact, having them will give you the opportunity to completely turn your landscape and make it more appealing. Since getting the best one may be difficult due to the wide range of designs and quality, we bring you the following top 10 best compost tumblers reviews.
Comparison Table of Best Compost Tumblers in 2018
- 1. Envirocycle Compost Tumbler Bin
- 2. Yimby Tumbler Composter
- 3. Good Ideas EZCJR-BLK Wizard Jr.
- 4. Lifetime 60058 Compost Tumbler
- 5. Good Ideas CW-2X Compost Tumbler
- 6. Lifetime 60028 65-Gallon Compost Tumbler
- 7. Jora 270 Compost Tumbler (70 Gallons)
- 8. Suncast TCB6800 Foot Tumbling
- 9. Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory WF360G Worm Composter
- 10. Good Ideas EZC01 Wizard Tumbling Composter
1. Envirocycle Compost Tumbler Bin
Envirocycle is proud to introduce to you the best compost tumbler on the market in the Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin or if you like the Envirocycle Compost Tea Maker. Whether you live in the city or suburbs, this beautiful composter will help you produce solid and liquid compost. It will make composting on your patio, balcony, porch, or deck a pleasant and clean experience.
· 5-year warranty: Protects against manufacturing defects and workmanship.
· Innovative design: It makes composting a pleasant and clean experience.
· Elegant Appearance: Makes the composer bring beauty in any place you choose to use it.
2. Yimby Tumbler Composter
This compost tumbler is thoughtfully designed and easy to use. All you need to do is to load it up, close the sliding door, and use the convenient built-hand holds to turn it every 2 days and see how the tumbler produces finished compost in just weeks.
· Two Composting Chambers: The first side is designed to finish cooking while the second side adds fresh scraps/clippings.
· Durable construction: The BPA-free, UV inhibited recycled polypropylene ensures this compost bin tumbler is contact-safe.
· Excellent aeration: Adjustable air vents and deep fins break up clumps inside the chamber before mixing lots of oxygen into the compost.
3. Good Ideas EZCJR-BLK Wizard Jr.
This small compost tumbler from Good Ideas is simple and robust to help you spend less time composting and more time doing what you love to do most. It helps in the composting process by increasing oxygen and heat while making sure no moisture escapes. Ideally, the EZCJR-BLK reduces composting and makes sure compost are hidden from the public view.
· 1-year manufacturer’s warranty: Gives shoppers peace of mind knowing that what they are getting is protected.
· Deep hand holds: They make turning a breeze.
· Rugged, weatherproof design: It enhances the durability of this compost tumbler
· Black color: It absorbs more heat.
· 7-cubic foot tall capacity: To help you compost more in a shorter period.
4. Lifetime 60058 Compost Tumbler
A large compost tumbler knows how to get the job done, and that’s exactly what the Lifetime 60058 Compost Tumbler is all about. It has all the features needed to help you make compost in an easy and convenient way.
· 80-gallon capacity (10.72-cubic feet): Allows you to make huge chunks of compost in no time.
· Tumbler axis: Allows this compost bin tumbler to turn easily for balanced rotation.
· Double walled panels: They absorb and retain the heat, which decomposes the material.
· HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) plastic, powder-coated steel: The construction enhances the durability of the tumbler.
5. Good Ideas CW-2X Compost Tumbler
Quickly and easily transform your landscape into something beautiful with the CW-X Compost Tumbler from Good Ideas. It is arguably the best compost tumbler on the market; thanks to its innovative features and performance. With this small compost tumbler, you’ll help your lawn fight off diseases or keep down erosion.
· Two batches: They allow you to compost simultaneously.
· 1-year manufacturer’s warranty: For hassle-free buying experience.
· Deep molded handles and hand holds: They are easy to grab to make sure your hands don’t slip.
· BPA-free polyethylene construction: It is 100-percent recycled, and it is durable for lifetime performance.
6. Lifetime 60028 65-Gallon Compost Tumbler
Recycle your vegetable leftovers into a nutritious fertilizer for your flower and vegetable gardens with this large compost tumbler from Lifetime. It has a capacity of 8.7 cubic feet to help you make huge chunks of compost. Ideally, the 60028 Compost Tumbler is backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty.
· Heavy-duty black panels: They absorb and retain the heat, which decomposes the organic material.
· Internal mixing bar: Allows oxygen flow to break it down into a fine fertilizer.
· Extra-large removable lid: Allows easy access for dumping and filling.
· Composter tub: Encloses composed ingredients to make sure you are not subjected to any smelly, fly-attracting open-air compost heap.
7. Jora 270 Compost Tumbler (70 Gallons)
If you reside in a cooler climate and wish to extend your composting season, then you better meet the Jora 270 Compost Tumbler. It has a 70-gallon capacity, implying it is large enough to hold huge chunks of compost. Use it to compost kitchen waste quickly and hygienically. Ideally, this compost tumbler sits off the ground, meaning rodents and other pests simply will not gain access to what is inside.
· Insulated design: Allows the temperature to rise higher than 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Two compartments: They give you the chance to fill one while the compost is on the other one.
· Galvanized sheet metal: Ensures years of rust-proof use.
8. Suncast TCB6800 Foot Tumbling
If you want to make the composting job easier, then the Suncast TCB6800 Foot Tumbling is the equipment to go for. It is a small compost tumbler that works through a tumbling function, which makes compost between 3 and 4 weeks, as opposed to a stationary composter that can take a whole 1 year to make compost.
· Latching dual lids: Allow easy fill and empty.
· Durable resin construction: It enhances longevity and durability.
· Galvanized sturdy steel frame: For lifetime performance.
· Tumbling functions: Make composting quick and easy.
9. Nature’s Footprint Worm Factory WF360G Worm Composter
Worm Composters allow you to turn paper waste, kitchen scraps, and used cardboards into nutrient-rich soil for your vegetable and flower gardens. Well, one of these worm composters is the WF360G, which comes with everything to make the composting task a breeze. It is an innovative compost bin tumbler that allows you to enjoy organic fruits, flowers, and veggies grown with the help of kitchen scraps.
· Redesigned lid: It converts to an essential stand for trays when it comes to harvesting the compost.
· Built-in “worm tea” collector tray and spigot: Ensures easy draining.
· Expandable 4-tray size: It is expandable up to 8 trays to give the largest volume of any home composter.
· Accessory kit: It provides this compost tumbler with basic tools to make sure it is easy to manage.
10. Good Ideas EZC01 Wizard Tumbling Composter
Make rich, high-quality compost from your kitchen waste, yard, and garden within weeks with the Good Ideas EZC01 Wizard Tumbling Composter. This large compost tumbler has many features, which are enough to make it the best compost tumbler in 2017. Furthermore, it has a capacity of 12 cubic feet and measures 31 High x 28 Deep x 36 Long.
· 72 air breather openings on ends: Allow air introduction within the batch as well as ensure quick composting action.
· Rich black color: It attracts heat from the sun to ensure quicker composting.
· Recessed handles on sides of drum: They provide easy turning action as well as act as agitators on the inside of the drum to help mix batch.
Composting materials in a compost tumbler will enable you to enhance the landscape of your yard. Decomposed materials from these units can also be used in the flower garden or vegetable garden for outstanding results. Despite their performance, compost bin tumblers listed here are within an affordable range. So, bring home one and say goodbye to the onerous task of having to turn compost by yourself.