Castile soap is simply any vegetable-based oil soap. It is purely made of vegetables, unlike lard, goat milk or tallow soaps that contain animal fat. Since Castile soaps are 100-percent based on organic ingredients, they are hypoallergenic. With that said, these soaps are gentle; hence, great for sensitive skin. Another great benefit of Castile soaps is that they are not just for body wash but also can be used for house cleaning, pet care, shaving, and many more. They are also baby-safe. To make your work in getting a suitable brand easier, we have come up with the following top 10 best Castile soaps reviews. Take a look.
- 1. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 32 Fluid Ounce (Lavender)
- 2. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 32oz (Tea Tree)
- 3. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – 32oz. (Baby Unscented)
- 4. Cove Castile Soap – 33.8oz (Unscented)
- 5. Quinn’s Pure Castile Organic Liquid Soap – 32oz (Unscented)
- 6. La Almona Pure Castile Liquid Soap – 1 Gallon (Unscented)
- 7. Carolina Castile Soap Unscented Castile Soap (16 oz)
- 8. Dr. Woods Natural Raw African Black Liquid Castile Soap – 32 Ounce (Pack of 2)
- 9. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 1 Gallon (Tea Tree)
- 10. Carolina Castile Soap Gentle Unscented/Certified Organic – 64 Oz
1. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 32 Fluid Ounce (Lavender)
Those who have used this castile soap call it the “Swiss-army knife” of cleaning. And this is because it is vegetable based as well as completely biodegradable. It can be used for any cleaning task, and this is what makes it one of the best on the market. It does not contain aluminum, paraben, sulfate, dye or fluoride. This, therefore, means that it is totally safe to use. Additionally, it is simple and ecologically formulated; hence, it is great for washing the face, body, and hair. At the same time, the soap is powerful enough to be used for mopping, laundry, dishwashing, and even to control pests. This liquid soap is certified Vegan by Vegan Action as well as certified organic by the USDA National Organic Program. It will give you emollient lather, much to your delight.
- Has an unscented version for those who are sensitive to fragrances
- All fragrances are based on natural essential oils
- Has a wide range of uses
- Its smell is amazing
- Concentrated; thus, lasts a long time
- Tends to leave residue
2. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 32oz (Tea Tree)
We can confidently say that this 32-ounce Castile soap from Dr. Bronner’s contains pure tea tree oil. It is woodsy and medicinal; thus, it is a must-have for anyone who wants to keep their skin at the best level. In other words, it is great for dandruff and acne-prone skin. Dr. Bronner’s has made it concentrated to make sure that a little goes a long way. Furthermore, the soap is effective, versatile, and biodegradable, so you can use it with peace of mind knowing that you are using a quality and safe product. The liquid soap also meets the certifications of USDA organic to further improve your confidence in using it. It comes in a cylinder plastic bottle, which is made out of 100-percent PCR (post-consumer recycled) plastics. Well, this clearly shows the manufacturer’s commitment to the environment.
- Clears acne surprisingly fast
- Great for sensitive and oily skin
- Works great for the price
- Neither makes the skin oily nor dry
- A little goes a long way
- The smell is suspect
3. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – 32oz. (Baby Unscented)
Your baby will love this Castile soap. And this is because it contains double the olive oil and has no extra fragrance. The liquid soap is also great for people with sensitive skin. Like the first two Castile soaps in these reviews, this one is completely biodegradable and vegan-based. It is, therefore, safe to use. The ingredients used to make it include water, potassium hydroxide, organic olive oil, organic hemp oil, tocopherol, organic jojoba oil, palm kernel oil, organic coconut oil, and citric acid. These multiple ingredients work together to make this liquid soap one of the best. The soap comes in a PCR plastic bottle to give you confidence knowing that the manufacturer is putting a lot of effort to conserve the environment. It is a smooth and luxurious soap that is worth adding to your Amazon cart.
- Can be used to mop floors
- Washes short hair very well
- Can be used to wash the face
- The bottle capacity is large enough
- Does not irritate the scalp
- The packaging could be better
4. Cove Castile Soap – 33.8oz (Unscented)
This Castile soap from Cove is more than just ordinary bath soap. That said, you can dilute it and then mix it to create innumerable personal care and household cleaning products. The soap is a product of a manufacturer, which understands that there is intelligence in nature. That’s why this soap contains only organic, natural ingredients, which are made of potent botanicals. In other words, the manufacturer has combined modern science with plant knowledge to create something stunning. The ingredients used to make this Castile soap are certified. Therefore, do not expect the soap to contain chemicals, animal products, foaming agents, and detergents. The Castile soap comes with a 90-day no questions asked, satisfaction guarantee to give you an assurance that you are doing business with a great manufacturer.
- Does not irritate the skin
- Very soothing and non-drying
- Has a nice scent
- The price is very competitive
- Has a nice balance; does not strip too much oil out of the skin
- Does not have a heavy scent
- Has a thin consistency
5. Quinn’s Pure Castile Organic Liquid Soap – 32oz (Unscented)
The Quinn’s Castile Soap has several uses. That’s why we have included it on this list. It is very versatile, and, therefore, can be used as a body wash, dish soap, antifungal plant spray, degreaser, window cleaner, kitchen and bathroom surface cleaner, laundry detergent, pet shampoo, shaving cream, facial cleanser, baby wash, and face wash, among others. Since it is Castile soap, it is made of a mild formula, which is free of fragrance and essential oils. That being said, the liquid soap is perfect for sensitive skin as well as for people with allergies. It does not contain any foaming agents, synthetic detergents, animal products or chemicals. All it contains are pure, fully biodegradable plant oils. Because this soap is concentrated, the manufacturer advises that you dilute it before using it on the skin, fur or hair.
- Good for the body
- Makes the skin soft all day
- Lathers just like regular shampoo
- Does not leave any rash or irritation
- Does not leave behind an oily feel
- The packaging leaves a lot to be desired
6. La Almona Pure Castile Liquid Soap – 1 Gallon (Unscented)
When translated to English “Almona” simply means a soap factory. And that is what this pure Castile liquid soap is all about. The Castile liquid soap is concentrated, so expect a little to go a long way. Furthermore, it is all-purpose, and this means you can use it to clean dishes, bathrooms, and tiles. It is also baby-safe and perfect for sensitive skin. It comes in a 1-gallon bottle to make sure that you have more than enough for everyday use. The ingredients used to make this liquid soap are Aloe Vera and shea butter for superior moisturizing; organic coconut and sunflower oils for enhanced suds, and rosemary extract for increased stability. With this liquid soap, expect an extra-gentle, deeply moisturizing and cleansing lather. There are instructions on how to use the soap to make sure that you get the best out of it.
- A little goes a long way
- Rinses easily to ensure ultimate convenience
- Ideal for those who want a greener healthier lifestyle
- Perfect for baby with sensitive skin
- Very gentle and has no scent
- Runnier than anticipated
7. Carolina Castile Soap Unscented Castile Soap (16 oz)
This Castile soap gets a nod because it is made of decorated ingredients such as organic coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, and organic olive oil. For this reason, it is very safe to use. It is organic certified by Oregon Tilth, and this will further improve your convenience to use it. Because it is purely organic, this Castile soap is not tested on animals, and it does not contain synthetic fragrances, synthetic colorants or any thickening agents. It is very versatile, and, therefore, can be used as a body wash, organic shaving cream, dish soap, laundry soap, house cleaning, and organic shampoo. Apart from the 16-ounce bottle, this unscented Castile soap is available in one gallon and five gallons. This means there is something for everyone.
- Leaves the face feeling soft and supple
- Leaves hair and hands very clean
- Does not dry out the skin
- The concentration is just right
- Leaves no residue and makes an amazing body wash
- Arrives on time to avoid the long wait
- Not everyone finds the smell amazing
8. Dr. Woods Natural Raw African Black Liquid Castile Soap – 32 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Dr. Woods works hard to make sure that their daily activities reflect their commitment. That’s why it is very easy to include their products in these reviews. And one of these products is the Natural Raw African Black Liquid Castile Soap. When you buy this pack, you get two 32-ounce bottles of liquid Castile soap. Well, this is a very economical deal that should not be overlooked. The cleansing soap is all-purpose, and, therefore, perfect for everyday use as a body wash, acne care, shaving lather, shampoo, facial cleanser, and many more. It is a natural wonder, which leaves the skin smooth by lifting away tired skin cells. It also makes the body exceptionally healthy as well as leaving it hydrated. It is great for all skin types including oily, dry, and normal skin.
- Has a great fragrance
- Cleans hands really well
- Has a non-greasy feeling
- Will make you feel clean
- Clears acne, and it is mild and gentle
- Has an artificial fragrance added, but this does not affect its performance
9. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – 1 Gallon (Tea Tree)
Dr. Bronner’s has been making soap since 1858. That’s why it is trusted all over the world. The company has a vision to make socially and environmentally responsible products. Talking of products that it makes, the Pure-Castile Liquid – 1 gallon (tea tree) is one of these products. It is woodsy and medicinal, given that it contains pure tea tree oil. Because of its medicinal nature, the liquid soap is good for dandruff and acne-prone skin. It is made of vegan ingredients that have rich, emollient lather and provide a moisturizing after feel. These ingredients include organic hemp, coconut oil, and olive. They work together to nourish the skin and keep it healthy. Like most, if not all, Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soaps, this product comes in a PCR plastic bottle.
- Ideal for bathing and shaving
- Makes a great camp soap
- A little goes a long way
- Ships safely to avoid any inconveniences
- Smells like tea tree, which is great
- Clears up eczema on the scalp
- Soap could be thicker
10. Carolina Castile Soap Gentle Unscented/Certified Organic – 64 Oz
Like Dr. Bronner’s, Carolina Castile Soap has made big steps since it was established. That’s why it is not a surprise that its product has made it to this highly competitive list of the best Castile soaps. This gentle unscented soap is made from organic coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, kukui nut oil, and organic olive oil. Because of these many different ingredients, this gentle unscented Castile soap is very versatile. That said, you can use it as a body wash, laundry soap, house cleaning detergent, dish soap, shaving soap, and shampoo. It is not tested on animals, and it does not contain thickening agents, synthetic colorants or synthetic fragrances. This Castile soap is available in a 64-ounce bottle as well as a 5-gallon jug, and 1-gallon bottle to choose from.
- Not as harsh as other brands
- Does not hurt or affect the hands
- Great for sensitive skin
- Makes hair look and feel clean and soft
- Gives the skin a dewy complexion
- Has a distinct odor, but works as expected
Castile soaps are worth considering if you want to live a healthier, greener lifestyle. They are made of wonderful ingredients such as organic coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, organic olive oil, and many more. Should you be looking for a quality one, then this platform is the place to visit.