Making delicious cake can be a little frustrating if you do not have the right kitchenware. You are likely to end up with a burnt result not to mention getting annoyingly irregular shapes. You are also likely to end up with a lot of crumbs because of the cake sticking on the surface once the cooking process is over. And with a lot of crumbs, expect to have almost an impossible task decorating your cake.
Well, it is because of these reasons that some manufacturers thought it prudent to come up with cake pan sets. Specially designed for making cakes, cake pan sets will make your work easier and even bring more fun during cake-making sessions. Most of them have a non-stick coating to prevent the already-cooked cake from sticking on the surface. Additionally, these sets are perfect for making layered cakes, which are ideal for wedding, birthday, and other occasions. Here are the top 10 best cake pan sets reviews.
- 1. Hiware Springform Cheesecake Pan (Set of 3)
- 2. Wilton 2105-0472 Round Cake Pan Set
- 3. Wilton Round Cake Pans (4 Piece Set)
- 4. Wilton Round Performance Pan Multipack (2 Pack)
- 5. Fat Daddio’s Anodized Round Cake Pan (Set of 2)
- 6. Cake Boss Silver 59426 3-Piece Round Cake Pan Set
- 7. EURO TINS 4 Tier Square Multilayer Cake Pans
- 8. Wilton 2105-0112 5-Piece Cake Pan Set (6-Inch)
- 9. Elite Kitchenware 4 Piece Cake Pans Set
- 10. Elite Bakeware 3 Piece Nonstick Cake Pans Set
1. Hiware Springform Cheesecake Pan (Set of 3)
We love Hiware because they produce top quality products at an affordable price. And one of these products is this cheesecake pan set. Designed to make baking a breeze, this 3-piece set cake pan is ideal for making a rich chocolate layer cake that everyone will be delighted to taste. The set has 3 pieces, which include 4”, 7”, and 9”. Well, these pieces are available in different sizes to give you different layers of cakes. This set also comes with one icing smoother and one icing spatula to give you a complete set. Another feature that makes this set worth buying is the non-stick surface that offers reinforced coating in order to make cleanup a snap. What’s more, this set is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Non-stick surfaces make cleanup a breeze
- Made of high-quality construction
- Great for the insta pot
- Can be used for making pizza
- Nice weight and make a small delicious cake
- Not dishwasher-recommended
2. Wilton 2105-0472 Round Cake Pan Set
Trust us; when you have the Wilton 2105-0472 Round Cake Pan Set, you will find yourself baking cake more frequently than ever before. The set consists of 3 pieces, which are 4” x 2”, 6” x 2”, and 8” x 2”. For this reason, it will let you come up with stunning layers of cakes, much to your delight. Although these cake pans should not be thrown in the dishwasher, they are very easy to clean. And that is owed to the fact that each of them is made of a long-lasting non-stick coating that offers outstanding release. These pans are all backed by a limited lifetime warranty. You will, therefore, use them with peace of mind knowing that they are protected.
- Perfect sizes for making cakes
- Cakes do not stick, making cleanup easy
- Pans do not rust even after years of use
- Great for making pillow cakes
- Lightweight yet very sturdy
- Not dishwasher-safe, but they clean easily by hand
3. Wilton Round Cake Pans (4 Piece Set)
Founded in 1929, Wilton is a company that has a lot of experience under its belt. That’s why we are privileged to include this cake pan set in these reviews. The set contains up to incredible 4 pans to help you create up to 4 layers of delicious cakes. Well, each of these pans is 2 inches deep unless stated. Their widths, however, vary, with the first one measuring 6”; the second measuring 8”; the third 10”, and the fourth 12”. Additionally, each of these four pans is conveniently graduated, so they can give you an amazing tiered cake, just the way you want it. Another feature that will make you want to own these pans is the quality aluminum construction, which enables them to hold their shapes for a pretty long time.
- A perfect gift choice for avid bakers
- Pan sizes are perfect
- Ideal for making birthday cakes
- The quality aluminum holds up well
- Offers a great way to impress friends and family
- Pans are not non-stick
4. Wilton Round Performance Pan Multipack (2 Pack)
We believe that making layered cakes is now a breeze. And that’s because of the Wilton Round Performance Pan Multipack (2 Pack). They are round and are 8 inches in size to provide you with a perfect platform for baking your favorite cake. In addition, these pans are made of aluminum construction, which lets them heat evenly for uniform baking. They also boast 2-inch depth that works well for creating cakes with higher layers. Based on all the features and benefits we have mentioned below, we believe that these pieces of kitchenware are basic for all your baking needs. They will give you perfectly layered cakes on a consistent basis. These pans are two and each measures 8” x 2”, which is just the right size for baking.
- Great for making cheesecakes
- Cooks cakes evenly without making edges too dry
- Made of good quality
- Cleans up great once cooking is over
- Cakes do not stick to the surface
- Since they are big, these pans require very high degrees to produce delicious cakes
5. Fat Daddio’s Anodized Round Cake Pan (Set of 2)
Fat Daddio’s makes quality bakeware that attains baking temperatures pretty fast. And this anodized round cake pan set is no exception. It consists of two pans to ensure that bakeware does not limit your baking. Furthermore, each of these pans has no extra metals or chemical coatings that may put you at a risk of several health complications. They are versatile, and, therefore, can be used to produce several delicious cakes. They are also durable, considering that they are made of non-reactive 16 gauge anodized aluminum. This means you can use them to prepare citrus-based foods. Since they are durable, the manufacturer of this set has provided a lifetime warranty that will up your confidence in using it. We believe in quality and you should too.
- Made of high quality and have nice high walls
- They clean easily once the baking is over
- Sides are straight and there are no sharp edges
- Perfect size for cakes
- Pans produce evenly cooked food
- Should not be cleaned in the dishwasher
6. Cake Boss Silver 59426 3-Piece Round Cake Pan Set
Baking should be fun, but only when you have a quality cake pan set like this one from Cake Boss. It contains up to 3 pieces to give you three beautiful layers of cake. Moreover, these pans are round, so you can make perfectly shaped cakes every time. Another feature that makes this cake pan set worth a place in these reviews is the heavy-duty folded aluminized steel, which makes baking much easier. The construction also makes baking enjoyable even for bakers with barely any experience in baking. Since these pans are oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, they are great for producing cakes with different tastes. Get them today to help you make three-tiered cakes in a wedding or any occasion.
- Make perfect cakes with a few crumbs
- Made of very high-quality materials
- Cake comes out very easily
- Stack inside each other to save space
- Heavyweight for even baking of cakes
- A little smaller, but they work great
7. EURO TINS 4 Tier Square Multilayer Cake Pans
We recommend these cake pans to you because we like their shapes, which we believe that you will like too. We also like the fact that they are perfectly sized, so they can give you multi-tiered cakes. The first pan measures 6 inches, the second 8 inches, third one 10 inches, and lastly, the fourth one measures 12 inches. About depth, these cake pans are all 3 inches deep. They will, therefore, produce perfectly looking cakes, much to the delight of the baker. What’s more, they are handcrafted and have straight edges, making them ideal for oven baking. We have also recommended this pan to you since they offer uniform heat distribution to let you come up with a uniform baking result.
- Ideal for making a wedding cake
- Work great for both experts and hobby bakers
- Made of good quality construction
- Deep enough to produce great-looking cakes
- Cake is easy to get out
- Durable and sturdy for regular use
- Water does leak out of them
8. Wilton 2105-0112 5-Piece Cake Pan Set (6-Inch)
With up to 5 cake pans, this set promises to help you make an out-of-ordinary cake that will delight everyone at a party. It produces trendily tall cakes, thereby, allowing you to come up with different creative decorations. Since all the pans in this set measure 6 inches, expect to have an easy time doing the layering. With the set, you will spare yourself the ordeal of having to trot your cakes every time you are preparing one. It is versatile; hence, will give you an opportunity to make different types of cakes including rainbow cakes, ombre cakes, classic tortes, and naked cakes, among others. In our opinion, this cake pan set is one of the best because it looks unique and contains several pans.
- Can be used to make a small one-tiered cake
- Great for making cakes to little crowds
- Offers an opportunity to decorate cakes
- Non-stick; hence, cake comes out easily
- Stack up to save storage space
- It is quite difficult to stack cake layers
9. Elite Kitchenware 4 Piece Cake Pans Set
Elite Kitchenware promises to give you a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee when you buy this cake pan set. This means you will use the set with peace of mind knowing that it is covered by the manufacturer. Ideally, Elite Kitchenware has gone one step further to equip each of these pans with a superior nonstick coating as well as easy release technology to let you bake like a boss. There is also an intelligent design that makes baking much easier than ever before. This set has differently sized cake pans, which are two classic cake pans (9” wide by 2” tall), one bundt cake pan (10” wide by 3” tall), and one springform pan (9” wide by 2.5” tall).
- Solid and looks good
- The price is fair and pocket-friendly
- Pans make a stunning gift for baking enthusiasts
- Cook evenly and great for beginners
- Cleanup does not take long
- Make creating cake much fun
- The bundt pan needs a little improvement
10. Elite Bakeware 3 Piece Nonstick Cake Pans Set
All the cake pans in this set are wide enough to give you plenty of cake that both you and your family can really enjoy. These pans are also round in shape to give you amazingly shaped cakes on a consistent basis. Elite Bakeware produces three of them to allow you to come up with the right tier every time. Like other top quality cake pans, these pans are intelligently designed and have the manufacturer’s proprietary non-stick coating to let you get cakes out easily. They also boast wide rounded handles that feature silicone grips for effortless handling. These pans will not rust or warp because of the material used to make them. And they are oven-safe up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit for optimum convenience.
- The non-stick coating works well
- Made of heavy-duty and commercial grade materials
- Handles make pans much easier to get out of the oven
- Priced less and very easy to clean
- Help bakers prepare beautiful 3-layered cakes
- The pans are not really 9 inches at the base
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Cake Pan Sets
With numerous sets on the market, it is quite difficult to identify the best product at the best price. In most cases, you will spend less, but only to end up with a poorly made product. So, to avoid this, you need to consider a number of buyer’s guide like the one we have talked about here.
- The Size of Cake Pans
This is what determines why you will choose one pan set at the expense of the other. For example, you are supposed to go for a large size if you are baking cake for a wedding, birthday, mother’s day or any occasion that has a huge crowd. However, if you are making a cake for yourself or a little crowd, there is no need to go for large-sized cake pans.
- Non-stick Coating
The cake pan set you choose should contain cake pans with non-stick coatings. This will make your work very much easier because cakes will not stick to the surface. It will also help you create beautifully shaped cakes, considering that crumbs will not be many. And with fewer crumbs, expect to have an easy time decorating your cake.
- The Number of Pieces
From the reviews above, we have noted that different pan sets have a different number of sets. So, you must know how many pieces you will need when choosing a set. And this should be based on how tall or trendy you want your layered cake to be. That means if you have several layers, consider a set with 3, 4 or 5 cake pans.
- The Construction
It is important to go for a cake pan set made of aluminum. This is because aluminum conduct heat uniformly; hence, will help produce evenly cooked cakes. Aluminum cake pans are also oven safe up to very high temperatures. Plus they are strong enough to stand up to the rigorous cake-making process. Apart from aluminum, you can consider other materials such as stainless steel and copper.
- Ease of Cleaning
Cake pans get dirty every time they are used. Also, most cake pans are not dishwasher safe, meaning you will have to hand-wash them. For this reason, consider buying a set that cleans easily with soap and water. If possible, make sure the set you go for has non-stick cake pans only to ensure easy release of cakes without any particles sticking behind.
That’s all for these reviews. We hope that you were able to grasp a few tips on how to choose the best cake pan set. We also hope that you were able to identify a suitable cake pan set for your cake-making process, or for your friend/family member who enjoys baking.