Most people rely on GPS devices to provide them with information for bike training and to do other exercises. However, a number of these GPS devices have failed their users terribly either by being inaccurate or unreliable. Most GPS devices are also expensive, and this may not be good news for economic-minded people. That’s why some manufacturers have thought that enough is enough by introducing a bicycle speedometer. Like top quality GPS devices, bicycle speedometers are great for bike training.
They display average speed, maximum speed, current speed, elapsed time, clock, trip distance, total distance, and pace arrow. Some advanced ones also display calorie consumption and carbon offset. With them, you will be able to keep track of your data, so you can better them the next time you hit the road. Since they are designed with optimum simplicity, bicycle speedometers can be used by beginners, and, of course, experts. Here are the top 10 best bicycle speedometers reviews to give you detailed information about these products.
- 1. CAT EYE Velo 7 Bike Speedometer and Odometer
- 2. SY Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer
- 3. CAT EYE Strada Wireless Bike Computer
- 4. RISEPRO Wireless Bicycle Speedometer
- 5. Yopoon Bike Odometer Speedometer for Bicycle
- 6. Enkeeo Wired Rechargeable Bicycle Speedometer Odometer
- 7. SY Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer (Upgraded Version)
- 8. CatEye – Padrone Cycle Computer
- 9. SUAOKI Wireless Bicycle Speedometer Odometer
- 10. CAT EYE Velo 9 Wired Bike Computer
1. CAT EYE Velo 7 Bike Speedometer and Odometer
Although this bike speedometer is loaded with several features, it is still one of the lightest. To be precise, it weighs only 28 grams, and this enables it to work exemplary well without interfering with the performance of the bike. The speedometer has all the stats you would like to see in a high functioning speedometer. These stats are current, max and average speed, elapsed time, clock, pace arrow, trip distance, and total distance. Since the speedometer is computerized, it will know when you have stopped, perhaps to grab some coffee or wait for the red light. The speedometer comes with a wired speed sensor, and its battery lasts up to 3 years. This means once you have installed it, you are good to go.
- Great for bikers looking for speedometers with basics
- Easy to use and takes a little time to install
- The button feature is useful
- Inexpensive for easy buying experience
- Great for anyone who enjoys riding a bicycle
- Instructions are not intuitive
2. SY Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer
The second product on our list is the SY Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer. It has made it to this list because of its auto wake-up function. This function enables the device to literally wake from sleep mode once it senses the vibration in the bicycle. Another feature that has made us consider this speedometer and odometer is the bright LCD display that makes it a breeze to view ride statistics. The design of this device is also worth mentioning to you, the reader. This is because the design has a lot to be admired. It is waterproof, lightweight, small in size, wireless, and, above all, durable. In short, the design of this speedometer and odometer is convenient. This unit measures speed, riding time, and distance.
- Helps riders keep track of every bike ride
- The clock and display work well
- The wireless design improves convenience
- Simple and easy to install
- Great value for the money
- Setup instructions are quite difficult to comprehend
3. CAT EYE Strada Wireless Bike Computer
CAT EYE likes it when you are able to enjoy riding your bicycle every time you hit the road. That’s why they have tried to take things a notch higher by introducing this wireless bike computer. The unit displays all your favorite stats. That is to say, it displays max, average and current speed, total distance, elapsed time, clock, pace arrow, and two trip distances. It comes equipped with a FlexTight Bracket for effortless mounting as well as for adjustment by hand. This means you will spend less time on the gear and more enjoying your ride. Additionally, this bike computer has a dual tire size to allow you to use it for two bikes.
- Easy to install and maintain
- Great for riders who like to go fast and far
- Very accurate for outstanding performance
- Works great for the price
- The display is large enough
- It is a bit too small
4. RISEPRO Wireless Bicycle Speedometer
This is another product that customers have always loved. And this is because of how RISEPRO has made it. It has been equipped with a large and clear 4 lines display to let you view your cycling data at a glance. Besides, RISEPRO has designed it to allow you to pre-program all settings for two bicycles. And this makes the device perfect for comparing recorded data between two bikes either for training or other purposes. The speedometer has a number of useful functions and features, so you can get the best out of it. It displays odometer, average speed, maximum speed, calorie consumption, driving time, and speedometer, among others. Ideally, it is compatible with electric bikes, ordinary bikes, and motorcycles with 4 to 40 inches wheel.
- Nice bike computer at a great price
- Works well without any issues
- Allows riders to program Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Much easier to use than most brands in the same class
- Has a large display
- A bit difficult to install
5. Yopoon Bike Odometer Speedometer for Bicycle
If you use a bike for training, then the Yopoon Bike Odometer Speedometer should be on your shopping list. It has an incredible 2.8” LCD display that shows big numbers to allow you to see the stats at a glance. The numbers are so big that you will be able to see them even when you are riding. As if that’s not enough, this bicycle speedometer has a backlight LCD design to make sure you have an easy time reading it even when you are cycling at night. It is also a multifunction bike computer. And what makes us say this is the 22 functions that come with it. That being said, the bicycle speedometer measures distance, speed, temperature, and riding time, among others.
- Comes with simple instructions
- Displays visible data whether it is daytime or nighttime
- Installs quickly and easily
- Accurate and not very expensive
- The screen is large and easy to read
- May lose signal intermittently
6. Enkeeo Wired Rechargeable Bicycle Speedometer Odometer
If you get fed up with a wireless speedometer that electromagnetic from phones and other radio signals keep interfering with, this wired and rechargeable speedometer is for you. Although its wired design is old-fashioned, it is reliable because, unlike wireless speedometers, electromagnetic from phones and radio signals cannot interfere with it. Another main advantage that this speedometer has is the fact that it will help you save trip data for a week. Moreover, the bicycle speedometer supports recording the riding data of two different bicycles. It will measure your average speed, current speed, riding time, and distance, among others. It has a 2-button operation for easy use as well as a 3-line display to allow for easy readability. Unlike most bicycle speedometers that use batteries, this one is rechargeable for improved convenience.
- Perfect for keeping stats on duty
- Turning on the backlight is easy
- Displays the temperature outside
- Makes a great gift for young riders
- The price is hard to beat
- Seems to come with instructions for a battery-operated device
7. SY Bicycle Speedometer and Odometer (Upgraded Version)
This speedometer & odometer device is great for bicycle training as well as doing exercises. It has a built-in ball switch that turns it on automatically from the sleeping mode in the event that it senses vibration. Since it is an upgraded version, the speedometer is no doubt much easier to use compared to conventional computers. Its LCD display is large enough to allow you to read statistics without straining a lot. Moreover, the lights of this speedometer turn on when you press any button between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. The speedometer has two colors (green and white) for distinguishing between day and night. Its design is small and lightweight enough to ensure that you have no problem handling or operating it.
- Easy to use and set up
- Waterproof to allow riders to ride in the rain worry-free
- Easy to return should it fail to meet the expectations
- Works great for ordinary bikes
- Great for beginners
- Smaller than anticipated
8. CatEye – Padrone Cycle Computer
The fact that CatEye designs its products based on customer feedback is enough to convince you to do business with them. It means their products will no doubt meet your needs because they are designed with you in mind. One of these products is the Padrone Cycle Computer. This device has one of the largest displays on the market today. As a result, you will be able to see such statistics as average speed, maximum speed, current speed, trip distance, clock, total distance, and elapsed time. It is designed for riders who are after enjoying a squint-free ride. It comes with a universal speed sensor, which works with all bicycles from 29er and 27.5 mountain bikes to road and hybrid bikes.
- Displays bigger numbers that are easy to read
- Very easy to set up
- Pairs with the sensor easily
- Simple to use and works great
- The concept behind the speedometer is new and revolutionary
- A bit susceptible to external interference
9. SUAOKI Wireless Bicycle Speedometer Odometer
What really makes this speedometer odometer get a place on this list is its smart design. The innovative design will allow you to dismount the unit and then take it with you when you are on the bicycle. The smart design also features a built-in auto on/off function to help preserve battery life. In addition, this bicycle speedometer & odometer device has a well-designed speed sensor. With that said, the top of its display shows the current speed, while the bottom shows both maximum and average speed. Also, the speedometer has another arrow that will show you whether you are moving faster or slower than your average speed. It has two buttons to allow for effortless operation. One button is for switching what information is displayed and another is for more options concerning that information.
- Mounts on the stem to give a profile look
- Great deal for the price
- Very easy to use
- Accurate and provides reliable information
- The speedometer has extra magnets for superior convenience
- Instructions could be clearer
10. CAT EYE Velo 9 Wired Bike Computer
The battery of this wired bike computer lasts up to 3 years. This means you will have your device installed and then forget about it. The wired bike computer displays favorite stats that include current speed, maximum speed, average speed, elapsed time, carbon offset, clock, pace arrow, trip distance, and total distance. It is a high functioning bicycle speedometer that will not let you sweat over small stops such as getting caught at a red light or stopping over to get a mug of coffee. Well, it achieves that by automatically stopping the counting time and averaging speed. This bike computer comes with a wired sensor to further improve its performance. It has a large screen, which is easier to read, and it weighs just 28 grams.
- Easy to install and works well
- Has all the basic functions
- Simple to program and operate
- The battery lasts a long time
- The price is competitive
- Instructions are not that clear
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Bicycle Speedometer
Like any product, bicycle speedometers are designed by different manufacturers. As such, there are normally so many brands that getting confused about which one is the best may not be very easy. Luckily, we have a way to deal with that. And that is to provide you with the following factors.
- The Screen
A bicycle speedometer that is worth spending money on is the one with a very large screen. This is because large screens display big numbers that are very easy to read even when you are on the go. The screen of your speedometer should also have a backlight to allow you to view data even at night or in poor lighting conditions.
- The Accuracy
The more accurate a bicycle speedometer is, the more reliable it becomes. Therefore, make sure that the gadget you plan to buy has an unrivaled accuracy. Well, to make sure the accuracy of your device is spot-on, ensure that it is not susceptible to any interference, especially outside interference.
- Number of Functions/Data Displayed
Whether you want to choose a bicycle speedometer with several functions or settle for one with the fewest functions, one thing you must have in mind is to look for basic functions. Basic functions are what make one speedometer better than the other. So, make sure your speedometer is able to display average speed, maximum speed, current speed, total distance, clock, elapsed time, pace arrow, and trip distance.
- Mounting Instructions and Design
Poor, inadequate or unclear instructions make it very hard to install the respective bicycle speedometer. That said; do not overlook setup instructions when buying a bicycle speedometer. This means the speedometer you are set to buy should come with organized, detailed, and, above all, easy-to-read/understand instructions. This greatly contributes to making assembly quickly and much easier than expected.
- Wireless or Wired?
There are wired bicycle speedometers as well as wireless bicycle speedometers. Wired speedometers are old-fashioned but they are reliable. And this is because electromagnetic from phones and radio signals do not interfere with them. Wireless speedometers, on the other hand, are more convenient, though, a number of them may not be as reliable as their wired counterparts.
You have read our reviews and even our buyer’s guide. For this reason, we are pretty sure that you have come out with something. That is to say, you are now able to comfortably choose a suitable bicycle speedometer from a wide range of products. Stick around because we’ll be back with another set of useful products.