A Benchtop router table is a stationary unit designed for woodworking projects. It is ideal for DIY enthusiasts, woodworkers, and craftsmen. Ideally, most Benchtop router tables are versatile; hence, can be used as edge jointers with the intention to save space and money. Other uses of a router table include edge trimming and cutting grooves and slots, among others. While router tables can be quite expensive, it is recommended to have one, especially if you are a DIYer, craftsman or woodworker.
But before you decide to buy one, we advise that you go through a number of guidelines and reviews to help widen your knowledge on these incredible and highly versatile machines. You will not be confused on identifying which unit is the best and which one is not. To save time, we take you straight away to our top 10 best benchtop router tables reviews. Have a look.
1. BOSCH RA1181 Benchtop Router Table
One great thing about the BOSCH RA1181 Benchtop Router Table is that it is compatible with most routers. Moreover, its work surface area measures 27-by-18 inches to make sure you have an easy time working on it.
· Large aluminum work surface: It measures 27 inches wide by 14-1/2 inches high by 18 inches deep to help ensure peerless performance.
· Rigid mounting plate: Offers accurate cuts and added versatility.
· Aluminum fence: It enables the table to handle tall stock with ease.
· Adjustable featherboards: They fit a variety of workpieces and provide additional support.
· Dust ports: They accept standard 2-1/2 inches hoses for optimum performance.
· Dual outlet switch: Helps promote convenience.
· Bosch warranty: The 1-year warranty and the 30-day money back guarantee ensure a worry-free buying experience.
2. Goplus New Electric Benchtop Router Table
There is one working table you have always wanted and now it is right in front of you. The table is none other than the Goplus New Electric Benchtop Router Table. It is highly versatile yet affordable enough to be owned by any woodworker.
· Versatile capabilities: The benchtop router table is ideal for outfitting home garage/basement as well as for designing a workshop.
· Heavy-duty aluminum construction: It offers long-lasting use.
· Adjustable design: The table can be adjusted up to 7.87 inches for customized use.
· Convenient functionality: The table holds the router securely, thereby, giving you the opportunity to keep both hands on it while you cut.
3. BOSCH RA1171 Router Table
Make sure precision is not compromised when working on a benchtop router table. Well, all you need to avoid this is to go for the BOSCH RA1171 Router Table, which is designed for serious woodworkers. With it, you will be able to comfortably tackle many different routing applications.
· Adjustable MDF faceplates: They ensure better support and smoother operation.
· Bosch warranty: The 1-year limited warranty and the 30-day guarantee promote hassle-free buying experience.
· Smooth laminated work surface: Helps promote precision during woodworking.
· Rigid mounting plate: It stays flat and true for accurate, precise cuts.
· Easy-to-use featherboard: They are fully adjustable, so they can fit many different workpieces.
· Enclosed cabinet-style design: It efficiently removes dust from the Bosch router table.
· Two dust collection ports: They remove dust and debris found above and below the table.
4. Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table
Kreg knows what’s best and so it brings you just that; the Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table. This unit is jam-packed with features that help enhance its performance and functionality. Moreover, it makes woodworking a super simple task.
· All-new cam clamps: They let you adjust the fence quickly and easily.
· Wide stance: It helps provide extra support.
· Thick rubber feet: They dampen vibration.
· Open design: It helps minimize router noise.
· Reliable base: It features pre-drilled holes; hence, you can enclose it.
· Extra large MDF tabletop: It has an easy-slide surface for outstanding functionality.
· Heavy-duty steel stand: It supports the router table.
5. Bench Dog 40-001 Benchtop Router Table
Although compact, the Bench Dog 40-001 Benchtop Router Table is packed with full-sized features that make it one of the best products on the market today. It is an award-winning tool whose performance will undoubtedly impress you.
· Dual-position ProFence: It offers as much usable work surface as most standard-sized router tables.
· Dual fence slots: They allow the fence to flip around for larger panels.
· Exclusive twin steel rails: They protect the router to ensure ultimate strength.
· 2-year limited warranty: It protects against defects incurred during the manufacturing process.
· Assembly instructions: They provide a guideline on how you should assemble the product.
· Clear acrylic insert: It accepts more routers for optimum convenience.
6. Skil RAS900 Router Table
If you are looking for a craftsman router table, look no further than the Skil RAS900 Router Table. It is designed to please all woodworkers, DIYers, and craftsmen, so expect unrivaled stability and convenience.
· Efficient folding design: Legs are foldable for easy storage.
· Quick-release router mount: It attaches and detaches within a cinch.
· Self-contained structure: It offers storage for essential parts such as fence and router bits.
· Starter pin and guard: They offer support when routing curved workpieces.
· Bit height gauge: It not only simplifies set-up but also improves the accuracy of cuts.
· Two featherboards: They help you guide the workpiece to ensure more accurate cutting.
7. Bench Dog Tools 40-102 Router Table Extension
Expand the versatility of your table saw by acquiring the Bench Dog Tools 40-102 Router Table Extension. It is ideal for small shops and comes with mounting hardware, fence, and router top to make sure you have everything for optimum convenience.
· Limited lifetime warranty: Protects against original defects.
· 28-Inch ProFence: It quickly dismounts and hangs on the included j-hooks.
· Versatile functionality: The router table fits all contractor-grade table saws as well as all right-tilt cabinet grade saws with 27-inch deep by 1-1/2-inch thick cast iron.
· MDF sub-fences: They adjust without tools and are perfect for zero clearances setup.
· Dual fence slot configuration: It lets you rotate the fence and work from the other side.
· Heavy-duty one-piece aluminum frame: It ensures that the ProFence is true, flat, and square.
8. Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo
Meet this powerful router and router table combo! It is user-friendly and comes with everything you need for ultimate convenience. Ideally, it has a number of tools that help you deliver clean and accurate work.
· Lubricated and sealed ball bearings: They make the motor life longer.
· Adjustable fence: It is perfect for proper bit clearance.
· Above-the-table cutting height: It is compatible with most Craftsman routers.
· Miter gauge: It adjusts up to 60 degrees in both directions.
· 1-3/4 HP motor: It runs at 27,000 RPMs.
· Double outlet power strip: It has a safety lock for enhanced performance.
· Dust extraction port: It removes dust and debris from the unit.
9. Kreg PRS1045 Router Table
If precision is anything to go by, then the Kreg PRS1045 Router Table should be on top of your list. It is easy to use and comes equipped with numerous convenient features, which make it versatile and suitable for woodworkers and craftsmen alike.
· Factory Warranty: Protects the router table from defects incurred during the manufacturing process.
· 4 Kreg Casters: They make maneuverability smooth and easy.
· Multipurpose capabilities: The router table can be used to carry out a variety of tasks.
· Precision Insert-Plate System: Helps enhance the performance of the unit.
· Heavy-duty steel stand: It is easy to adjust, so it can meet your specific needs.
10. MLCS FLATBED Horizontal Router Table
Professional woodworkers will confirm to you that the MLCS FLATBED Horizontal Router Table is one of the best units in 2017. The good news is that is true, especially when you use the overall performance and features to rank it. It is an innovatively designed router table that will not disappoint you.
· Micro-adjustment bit height adjustments: They allow the table to work with many routers.
· Durable melamine surface: It promotes longevity and reliability.
· Polyethylene plastic edges: They promote safety during woodworking.
· Sturdy aluminum extrusions: They hold the router plate in routing position.
· Two locking knobs: They safely secure the sliding router plate in position.
If you are a craftsman, woodworker or DIYer, a Benchtop router table is a must-have. It is a versatile and high performing machine that will help you carry out a number of tasks quickly and easily. However, router tables are numerous on the market today; thus, getting the best one may be a difficult task. Luckily, this should not be the case after going through the above compilation. Read it now and choose one unit that best suits your needs.