Going to the mechanic to have the status of your battery checked can really be costly. That’s why you need to have your own battery load tester. These cost-effective gadgets are amazingly affordable yet they can literally save your life. For example, your car battery may start having issues in the middle of nowhere. And you may not know straight away what the issue is unless you have a battery load tester. These units are designed to check the overall status of your battery and let you know whether you need to replace it or just need to charge it. In these top 10 best battery load testers reviews, we highlight the best brands on the market to let you know exactly what to settle for.
- 1. Schumacher 100 Amp Battery Load Tester (BT-100)
- 2. FOXWELL BT705 100-2000 CCA Battery Load Tester
- 3. ANCEL 12V 100-2000 CCA 220AH Load Battery Tester (BA101)
- 4. FOXWELL BT100 6V/12V 100-1100 CCA Battery Load Tester
- 5. SUNER POWER Digital 12V Battery Load Tester
- 6. ANCEL BST500 12V/24V 100-2000 CCA Battery Load Tester
- 7. TT TOPDON AB101 Battery Tester on Cranking System
- 8. MOTOPOWER 12V Digital Battery Tester (MP0514A)
- 9. CARTMAN 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
- 10. OTC 3180 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
1. Schumacher 100 Amp Battery Load Tester (BT-100)
This battery load tester is probably the best fit if you have 6V and 12V batteries up to 1000 CCA. It is designed for everyday use; hence, it is a must-buy whether you have a car, motorcycle, ATV, lawn tractor, boat, RV or light truck battery. It not only tests load but also will provide you with information on the battery condition. In other words, it offers a complete charging system diagnosis to make sure that you are not inconvenienced in any way. When you purchase this tester for battery, you will get super-grip and heavy-duty color-coded battery clamps. The clamps make the battery load tester quick and easy to use. The motor of the tester is shock-resistant, and it is housed in a long-lasting case with a durable baked enamel finish.
- Handy when you start to doubt the strength of your batteries
- Designed very well and excellent for DIY
- Has vent holes that allow the smoke emitted from the initial burn-in of the tester to escape
- Ideal for those who have lots of vehicle/marine batteries
- Simple to use and very accurate
- The light heat/smoke is bothersome
2. FOXWELL BT705 100-2000 CCA Battery Load Tester
The FOXWELL BT705 model may come with a hefty price tag, but that does not mean you overlook it. This is because it is backed by 100-percent money back guarantee, which provides a convenient path should the battery load tester fail to meet your expectations. The tester is equipped with a 7.8’ cable to allow you to test the conditions of your battery even when you are inside your vehicle. It is accurate and will let you know the status of your battery in the shortest time possible. In addition, it has a large backlit LCD display that is easy to use. The LCD screen displays crucial information like the cranking time and cranking voltage. It works great on 12V to 24V batteries with capacities up to 100 – 2000 CCA.
- Arrives early with no shipping damage
- Easy to navigate, and it eliminates guesswork
- Great for the price
- Comes in a strong case with slide locks
- Shows the battery level and determines the battery condition
- Although it is marketed as a 6V tester, it seems unable to test 6V batteries individually
3. ANCEL 12V 100-2000 CCA 220AH Load Battery Tester (BA101)
Its price tag is not hefty yet it comes with a 2-year warranty. Well, this means you should invest in this battery load tester because you will not go at a loss in the event that things do not go as planned. Ideally, the battery load tester is easy to use, and that’s because of the 4 buttons it is equipped with. The 4 buttons include an up/down button, which is for scrolling the menu as well as the Enter and Exit button for navigating back and entering the menu. The tester is also equipped with a 3.0’ long cable as well as made of a super thick and flexible insulator to make it much safer to use. Its LCD display is large and has white backlight as well as contrast adjustment to indicate test results directly.
- Results are almost perfect
- The option to transfer the last result to PC is a bonus
- Carries out tests quickly
- The cable is long enough for most vehicles
- The clamps clip on the terminals nicely
- No US-based telephone customer service
4. FOXWELL BT100 6V/12V 100-1100 CCA Battery Load Tester
An easy and convenient way to analyze the health status of your battery is to use a top quality battery load tester like the FOXWELL BT100 model. With it, you will eliminate the frustrations of having to part with a huge sum of money in the name of having the battery of your car analyzed. It has a large backlit LCD display that makes it insanely easy to get readings and status of your battery. Besides, this tester boasts a menu-driven operation as well as a clear arranged keypad to let you use it with much ease. The battery load tester will let you check the condition of 12V 100-1100 CCA regular flooded, GEL, AGM spiral and AGM flat batteries. It is backed by a 1-year warranty not to mention coming with a refund for hassle-free buying.
- Alligator clips work well
- The menu is easy to follow
- Easy to use and seems durable
- Appears to show accurate results
- Compact for easy storage
- Excellent for the price
- Seems unsuitable for 6V batteries
5. SUNER POWER Digital 12V Battery Load Tester
One main reason why you should consider this battery load tester is that it works on almost any 12V battery. It reliably and accurately tests GEL, AGM, Deep Cycle, Flood, and Marine batteries. It is well built, as seen in the heavy-duty clamp as well as the beep remind function. This battery load tester also boasts a large LED screen for easy viewing. Its complete wide CCA test range (5-9555) makes it ideal for analyzing the conditions of various batteries. The gadget will provide you with information about CCA, battery resistance, battery voltage, and battery life percentage in the event of any unfortunate like unexpected battery shutdown. The tester is ultra safe to use, and that’s because it is packed with reverse polarity & over-voltage protection. Also, it will not damage your battery.
- Seems well designed for solid performance
- The cable length is generous
- Very easy to use
- The scale bar mark is clear and precise
- Inexpensive and works as advertised
- Can help prevent you from being stranded on the roadside
- Instruction sheet could be better
6. ANCEL BST500 12V/24V 100-2000 CCA Battery Load Tester
Batteries are useful for powering automotive, boats, garden appliances, and motorcycles, among others. Well, if you use any of them on a regular basis, look no further than the ANCEL BST500. It is designed to test12V batteries, and it works with several battery types, including AGM spiral, Deep Cycle, GEL, AGM flat plate, and regular flooded batteries. Moreover, this tester covers all battery rating standards, which are CCA, GB, BCI, SAE, EN, CA, IEC, DIN, and JIS standards. It is housed in rugged construction to allow you to carry it without slipping. In addition, the battery load tester has a lightweight construction to further make it easy to carry around. Its backlit display ensures that you have no problem getting the readings. Plus there is a built-in printer, which uses standard thermal printer paper to let you attach a printout to work order and then share it with your clients or even create a preventative maintenance program of record keeping.
- Gives accurate and precise results
- Takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out the status of your battery
- Great for those with multiple vehicles
- Simple to use and works quickly
- Great for the price
- The display could spell correctly. For instance, it reads testing as “testting” and printing as “printting”
7. TT TOPDON AB101 Battery Tester on Cranking System
Language barriers have been a major obstacle in dealing with the customer support of various battery load tester brands. But that is not the case when you have the TT TOPDON AB101 model. Its customer support can communicate effectively through multiple languages including Spanish, French, English, Japanese, German, and Russian. What’s more, this battery tester works with the world’s majority of battery standard – GB, CCA, SAE, BCI, IEC, DIN, EN, JIS, MCA, and CA. It is a multifunctional gadget that you will be able to rely on when you want to test cranking and charging status, as well as common faults. It is compatible with all automotive cranking lead-acid battery. Its protection design features polarity reverse connection protection, which enables it, the battery, and the vehicle to be in working order without damage as a result of reverse connection.
- Allows users to do the battery test inside or outside the vehicle
- Cost effective and very simple to use
- Menu-driven for convenient use and quick results
- Arrives fast and in perfect condition
- Compact for easy carrying and storage
- Tends to give varied readings on similar batteries, but this is common to almost all battery load testers with similar quality.
8. MOTOPOWER 12V Digital Battery Tester (MP0514A)
The price tag of this battery load tester is unbelievably low. But this does not mean it is cheap in any way. Having said that, the battery tester is digital and micro-processor controlled to provide you with quick readings and results. This means that when you have it, then determining whether to jump or replace your vehicle battery will not be an issue. It is simple and safe to use, given that it comes equipped with Over-voltage and Reverse-hookup protection. In addition, the battery tester has a 4-character lighted digital display that is very easy to read and provides accurate results. It also has colored LEDs, which indicate battery or alternator status. If you have a 12-volt vehicle battery, then this battery load tester should be a frontier for you.
- The price is unbeatable
- Provides alternator status on its right side
- Arrives quicker than expected
- Works right out of the box
- Extremely small and compact for optimum portability
- Provides all the information you need to know about the status of your battery
- Needs instruction manual
9. CARTMAN 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
The MOTOPOWER MP0514A is not the cheapest after all; thanks to the CARTMAN 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester. Despite its low price, this 2-in-1 battery load tester is packed with innumerable features that enable it to deliver exceptional results. It will provide you with all the information you need about the status of your battery. It indicates the percentage charging in batteries. Furthermore, it has a charger indicator, which lights green when charging is complete. Well, we mentioned that the gadget boasts a 2-in-1 design; thus, apart from providing battery status, it provides alternator status as well. And to check the alternator status, simply accelerate your engine to 2000 rpm. When the green light is lit, then the charging circuit is okay. The gadget comes with an LED display that indicates the battery condition of 12V battery only.
- Functional and works as advertised
- Does not get hot to the touch
- Small enough for easy storage
- The price is competitive
- Indicates when the battery needs charging
- The clips could be larger
10. OTC 3180 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
It is never easy to get a battery load tester that works on 6V battery. Therefore, the fact that this one works on 6V batteries is good news. The battery load tester also works with 12V batteries. It is designed to determine both good and bad battery status. And this is down to the features it comes equipped with. For instance, it is equipped with a super large display that provides clear readings to give you accurate information. Another reason why you should have this tester is that it determines state-of-charge cranking as well as charging volts. The battery load tester has a portable size to make it convenient to handle. Use this tester to test batteries on and off the car in only 10 minutes.
- Simple and easy to use
- Results are easy to understand
- Compatible with both 6V and 12V batteries
- Clamps are heavy duty and good
- Quality yet very affordable
- Clamps have a good rubber coating on the grips
- Very practical and works as advertised
- May arrive defective, but the seller/manufacturer is always willing to assist
Unless it is something serious, never spend a lot of money in name of having your battery status checked by a mechanic. The above battery load testers are ideal for commercial and DIY applications. They work perfectly at providing solid and accurate information about the status of vehicle batteries. So, pick one now and thank us later.