Of late, bamboo materials are getting plenty of attention. And this is because bamboo is harvested; hence, it is eco-friendly. It also grows fast; with research pointing out that it is one of the fastest growing trees on earth. This means you will not be tampering with the environment when you use it to make different items. That said, the latest product to be a hit as a result of bamboo is the bamboo sunglasses.
Unlike ordinary sunglasses that are made of plastic or metal, bamboo sunglasses are comfortable to wear. They are very lightweight; hence, will not fatigue the ear. Bamboo sunglasses also look cool not to mention being unique. The fact that they are lightweight means they float right on top of the water and this makes them very easy to spot. We encourage you to try out one. So, go ahead and check out the following top 10 best bamboo sunglasses reviews.
- 1. cloudfield Wood Sunglasses Polarized for Men and Women
- 2. LogoLenses Men’s Bamboo Wood Classic Sunglasses
- 3. 4est Shades Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
- 4. Viable Harvest Handmade Wooden Sunglasses for Men
- 5. GEARONIC TM Polarized Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
- 6. Wise Owl Eco Goods Polarized Unisex Sunglasses
- 7. Ynport Mens/Womens Polarized Bamboo Frame Sunglasses
- 8. Woodies Bamboo Wood Sunglasses with Mirror Lens
- 9. Tree People Wood Sunglasses for Men and Women
- 10. Shiner Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
1. cloudfield Wood Sunglasses Polarized for Men and Women
It is no surprise that these sunglasses are the first product on our list. Well, this is because they are made of the highest quality bamboo. They also come equipped with a Wayfarer style, which looks good on everyone. Apart from making you stand out, these sunglasses will keep your eyes protected. And they achieve that with their 9-layered polarized lenses that feature a polarizing film and a double UV blocking coating, which ensures that the eyes are not exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays. Considering what these sunglasses have and how they perform, we believe that they will not let sunlight glare blind you, especially when you are driving or at the beach. They come with a 100-percent money back guarantee for great buying.
- The style and quality are at par
- Well made and looks attractive
- Comfortable and very light
- Fits well enough for most people
- Sunglasses have good polarization
- The quality of the tint should be improved
2. LogoLenses Men’s Bamboo Wood Classic Sunglasses
The second product on our list is the LogoLenses Men’s Bamboo Wood Classic Sunglasses. Well, they have made it to this list because they boast UV400 rated lenses. This means the lenses absorb more than 99-percent of harmful UVA and UVB spectrums to keep your eyes totally safe. These sunglasses are non-polarized and feature plastic lens, which in our opinion, last longer. In addition, the temples of these sunglasses are made of real bamboo wood to give you a unique style. The bamboo wood combines well with the plastic to give a strong and durable pair of sunglasses that will last for years. The lens width of these sunglasses is 55 millimeters, and this is just perfect. We are certain that you will not regret buying these sunglasses.
- Sunglasses look great and fit perfectly
- Perfect for people who like vintage looks
- Ideal for wearing to the beach
- Well made and look sturdy
- The price is unbeatable
- Are a bit narrow if you first wear them
3. 4est Shades Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
We are impressed with how 4est Shades Company does its thing. That being said, they plant two trees with every purchase of these sunglasses. That is something, isn’t it? Besides, the manufacturer does their best to make sure that these sunglasses are there at the top. They have designed them with 100-percent natural bamboo to give them the much-needed uniqueness without sacrificing durability. The natural bamboo also makes these sunglasses look and feel great. In addition, 4est Shades have equipped the sunglasses with reflective lens to improve their performance further. Plus they have considered polarized lenses with a UV400 rating to offer ultimate antiglare and protection against UVA and UVB rays. These sunglasses do not sink, meaning you will save yourself the frustration of losing your eyewear to the water.
- Sunglasses have polarized lens
- Perfect for beach and other outdoor adventures
- Fit great and look amazing
- Well made and have better detailing on arms
- The price is not exaggerated
- The frames are a bit weak
4. Viable Harvest Handmade Wooden Sunglasses for Men
We believe that the Viable Harvest Wooden Sunglasses deserve a place on this list because their plastic lens is not just lightweight but also is scratch resistant. Besides, these sunglasses feature all-natural wood frame, and this makes them unique not to mention improving comfort for long hours of wear. Another thing that really impresses us about these sunglasses is that they are hand-selected and packaged in the USA. This means they are quality enough to spend on. Their polarized lenses are UV400; hence, they will offer amazing protection against UVA and UVB rays. Based on how they are designed, these sunglasses will no doubt make you look and feel great. They display a throwback style with their modern flair, and this is fascinating.
- Frames look really nice
- Shades have great quality and look amazing
- Super easy to work with
- Very comfortable and good for driving
- Come in a wonderful bamboo case
- The frame is extremely fragile
5. GEARONIC TM Polarized Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
One pair of sunglasses that is conspicuously missing from your sunglass collection is the GEARONIC TM Polarized Bamboo Wood Sunglasses. It is a product of GEARONIC TM, which is Trademark Registered. And this means you should expect the best from it. These sunglasses are lightweight and their size is perfect. Their frames are 50-percent lighter compared to standard frame weight. Their lens has a width of 56mm and a bridge of 19mm. Moreover, these sunglasses have a mirrored lens and they are polarized. They also offer UV protection to make sure you are safe when you step out of the house. They are made of premium quality bamboo and then have their bamboo frames carbonized to strengthen them and enrich the color.
- Quality looks good
- Polarized and very light
- Clean well and shade wonderfully
- Shades do not fatigue the ears
- Look cool and unique
- Sunglasses come with a nice case
- The price is reasonable
- The frame could be sturdier
6. Wise Owl Eco Goods Polarized Unisex Sunglasses
One main problem with bamboo sunglasses is fragility. But that is not the case with these unisex sunglasses from Wise Owl Eco Goods. They have double spring hinges that allow the arms to hyperextend 15 degrees to help prevent the frame from being damaged. These double spring hinges also keep the sunglasses in place regardless of the size and shape. The Wise Owl Eco Goods Polarized Unisex Sunglasses are equipped with premium quality 1.1mm polarized lenses as well as having UV400 protection to block 100-percent UVA and UVB waves. The polarized lenses also boast 13-percent transmittance. Apart from the performance, these sunglasses display a classic style with unique touches. That said, they have a uniquely crafted keyhole nose, which ensures that the frame does not slip down your nose.
- Cool and look nice
- Come in a stunning wooden box
- Can be worn by both men and women
- They are lightweight and fit great
- Frames are polarized and seem well made
- Sunglasses are slippery
7. Ynport Mens/Womens Polarized Bamboo Frame Sunglasses
These sunglasses are another product we would like to bring to your attention. They are bamboo polarized sunglasses with a lens width of 2.04 inches and lens length of 1.57 inches. Furthermore, their frame size is 5.9-by-1.96 inches and their frame foot length is 5.5 inches. These sunglasses are made of actual premium quality bamboo; hence, expect every pair to be different. Their bamboo frames have been carbonized to enrich the color and strengthen the glass. With that said, these sunglasses are no doubt the perfect combination of durability and flexibility. Their lens not only offers crystal clear vision but also has a UV400 rating to keep the eyes extremely safe. The lens also has a scratch-resistant coating for superior durability.
- Sunglasses literally float on water
- Very light on the face
- Can be worn by both men and women
- Makes a great gift idea
- Comfortable and work as expected
- The shape and size need some improvement
8. Woodies Bamboo Wood Sunglasses with Mirror Lens
It is advisable to spend your hard-earned money on sunglasses that are fully backed by the manufacturer. Well, we are talking about the Woodies Bamboo Wood Sunglasses, which come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Besides, these sunglasses are made of 100-percent real bamboo arms, which support a wayfarer style plastic frame. The bamboo used to make them is obviously lightweight, and this means these sunglasses will give you a comfortable fit. The bamboo wood is also sturdy and durable to give you peace of mind knowing that your sunglasses will stay. To further make these sunglasses sturdy, the manufacturer has included unique stainless-steel and double-spring hinges. The double-spring hinges also enable the sunglasses to keep their shape even after several years.
- Well made and look great
- The frame is gorgeous
- Bamboo feels great on the side of the head
- The polarized lens is amazing
- Shades come with fun stickers/cards, cloth wipe, and hard case
- The mirrored finish seems to wear off faster than expected
9. Tree People Wood Sunglasses for Men and Women
Because these sunglasses are made of bamboo, expect them to be waterproof and float on water. This means they are ideal for stand-up paddleboarding, surfing, skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, boating, and skateboarding near water, among others. Each piece of these sunglasses comes with a free microfiber pouch to protect and clean the glasses, making sure that you are always looking your best. What’s more, these sunglasses display a true natural look that makes them very unique and so stylish that they can only be compared to Gucci, Persol, Knockaround, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Coach, and other designer sunglass brands. These sunglasses have a lens width of 52mm and their lenses are polarized to remove glare. The same lenses will help protect against UV radiation, thereby, keeping you safe while you are outdoors.
- Glasses look super cute
- Shades look and feel nice
- Fit perfectly to keep you comfortable
- Lightweight and float on water
- The build quality and finishing details are excellent
- The quality of the lens could be better
10. Shiner Bamboo Wood Sunglasses
One main reason why these sunglasses have made it to this list is that they have everything you would like to see and feel on sunglasses. They have a lightweight bamboo frame that enables them to stay afloat on water. This, therefore, means you can use them even for the wettest adventures such as deep sea fishing, kayaking, and relaxing at the deep end of a pool. As if that’s not enough, these sunglasses have custom designed artwork engraved into the arms of the wood frame to make them truly unique. They also come equipped with UV400 polarized lens to give you a crystal clear vision and protect your eyes from sun rays during exploration. Each pair of these sunglasses comes with a custom Shiner microfiber pouch, which provides a convenient place for storage.
- Shades fit great on most faces
- Polarized and very lightweight
- Float right on top of the water
- Lens quality is amazing
- The sides with engraving are beautiful
- Shades need utmost care, lest the frame will get broken
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Bamboo Sunglasses
It is important to have a look at a buyer’s guide because this will prevent you from choosing flimsily made bamboo sunglasses. It will also prevent you from settling for bamboo sunglasses that do not fit well. Luckily, you will not have to open another page to look for a buyer’s guide, as we have one right here.
- The Fit
If you want to get the best out of your bamboo sunglasses, make sure you choose a pair that fits you perfectly. A perfect fit prevents bamboo shades from coming off your face anyhow. It also brings comfort, considering that it will not be too tight. To get a perfect fit, look at the lens width and frame length.
- The Durability of the Sunglasses
Bamboo sunglasses are likely to be fragile since they are made of bamboo wood. For this reason, make sure that the bamboo sunglasses you are going for have sturdy frames. You can achieve that by only focusing on frames with double hinges. Also, make sure that the lenses of the sunglasses you are choosing are strengthened and scratch-resistant.
- Quality of the Lens
In our opinion, the lenses determine the performance of bamboo sunglasses. As such, make sure that the sunglasses you are set to buy have polarized lenses to give you a crystal clear vision. Additionally, ensure that the same polarized lenses have a high UV rating, perhaps up to UV400, to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Color and Style
Bamboo sunglasses come in a variety of colors and styles. With that said, go for a low profile but cool color that goes with most of your outfits. About the style; make sure it is men’s if you are a man and women’s if you are a woman. You can also consider unisex, especially if you and your partner plan to share the sunglasses.
Bamboo sunglasses are on the market. And if you are interested in a pair yet you feared that you will get the wrong one, this piece is for you. We believe that we have talked about all the best bamboo sunglasses out there. We also believe that the buyer’s guide we have provided is helpful.