Creating a perfectly round and uniform dough can be quite hard if you do not have the best rolling pin. Apart from coming up with annoyingly irregular shapes, you will be unable to retain the thickness of dough. And all these are likely to happen even if you are a professional baker. So, to avoid embarrassments and frustrations, it is imperative that you go for the best baking rolling pin.
To begin with, premium quality baking rolling pins have smooth surfaces that will let you roll out pizza dough, pie crust, cookie dough, and tortilla with much ease. They are also hygienic, and, therefore, will not harbor odor or encourage cross-contamination. Moreover, well-built baking rolling pins are durable, and, therefore, will give you long-lasting performance. If you feel that it is time to upgrade your baking experience, you should not look beyond the best baking rolling pins.
How to choose the Best Baking Rolling Pin
Nevertheless, it is almost impossible to find the best rolling pin if you do not have a plan. And a plan, in this case, is to have a set of factors, which determine the best rolling pin, at your fingertips. Well let’s get started;
- The Length of the Rolling Pin
Go for a rolling pin that is long enough because such pins help make large-sized dough for the entire family. Nevertheless, these rolling pins are not the best for people with limited storage spaces. So, if your pantry or cabinet is not large enough, you may consider a shorter rolling pin, which is very easy to store.
- The Material Used
If you are looking for durability, stainless steel baking rolling pins are the best. Besides, these pins do not require maintenance like other materials. However, if you are after elegance and style, you may consider marble baking rolling pins. They may not be durable, but they are stylish and work great. You can also go for wooden baking rolling pins if you want something that is more affordable and within your budget.
- Handle or No Handle
Rolling pins with handles will give you comfort as well as ensuring easy grip when using them. For this reason, you will be able to create perfectly sized dough every time. Handless rolling pins, on the other hand, will give you that extra length, thereby, allowing you to make large-sized dough. They are also easy to store. So, choosing whether to have a rolling pin with or without handlebars should depend on your needs.
- The Versatility of the Rolling Pin
Going for a versatile rolling pin will be a great decision. A rolling pin that is perfect for pastries, cookie dough, pizza dough, and tortillas is what you need in your kitchen. This is because they will make your work much easier and even help you save a few bucks that you could have spent on buying another rolling pin.
- The Level of Hygiene
Since rolling pins are specially designed for creating dough, they are likely to have dough remains, which in turn, can be moldy and start encouraging the growth of bacteria. The good news is that that only happens to rolling pins with porous surfaces. Therefore, to avoid this, make sure your rolling pin has a non-porous surface. Also, consider those pins that do not retain odor or color of the previous dough.
Top 10 Best Baking Rolling Pins Reviews
The above guideline is supposed to help you choose the best brand. But are you ready to peruse hundreds of rolling pins currently on the market? The answer is no because the whole process is super tedious. As a result, we have compiled the best products to make sure you have only 10 options on your plate.
- 1. Fox Run White 4050 Marble Rolling Pin and Base
- 2. Joseph Joseph 20085 Adjustable Rolling Pin
- 3. KitchenBasix Classic Wood Rolling Pin
- 4. Bamber Wooden French Rolling Pin
- 5. Farberware Wood Rolling Pin
- 6. Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin
- 7. ebuns Rolling Pin (French Pins 18” inches)
- 8. The Original Straight Rolling Pin
- 9. RollerMaster Rolling Pin (Non Marble Pins) – [Gift Packaging]
- 10. Checkered Chef Stainless Steel French Rolling Pin
1. Fox Run White 4050 Marble Rolling Pin and Base
The marble used to make the Fox Run White 4050 Marble Rolling Pin and Base not only makes it efficient but also enhances its beauty and uniqueness. It also promotes the versatility of the rolling pin. And this means you will be able to use the pin to roll out pastry, pizza dough, and cookie dough. Moreover, the marble has a chilled surface, and, therefore, dough will not stick on it like it does with other materials. For best results, it is advisable that you keep the rolling pin refrigerated, so the marble can remain chilled. Other features of this rolling pin are nylon ball bearings for a smooth rolling and wooden handle for easy, comfortable grip. This item also comes with a wooden base, which provides a perfect place to rest it when it is not in use.
- Looks clean and slices cheese nicely
- Looks attractive on the kitchen counter
- Makes a stunning gift for anyone who loves cooking
- Appears to be good quality
- Easily flattens even the toughest dough
- Arrives with a broken wire
2. Joseph Joseph 20085 Adjustable Rolling Pin
The Joseph Joseph 20085 Adjustable Rolling Pin will be a plus to your urban lifestyle. The rolling pin is made by manufacturers who understand that kitchen spaces are valuable in any urban setup. For this reason, they have equipped it with an adjustable design. You will, therefore, be able to use it to prepare pizza, lasagna sheets, filo pastry, cookies, and pie crusts. In addition, this pin comes with colorful discs that are removable and help raise it to the required thickness of 3/8”, 1/4”, 1/6”, and 1/16” off the work surface. These varying thicknesses will allow you to roll out dough to a uniform thickness throughout. The pin is made of beech wood, which is durable enough to withstand the daily rigorous use.
- The ring size options are great
- Takes the guesswork out of making pie crusts, cookies, and donuts
- Rolls tea cakes and sugar cookies easily
- Gives cookies the exact same thickness
- Easy to use and clean
- The rolling pin has no handles
3. KitchenBasix Classic Wood Rolling Pin
Roll your dough evenly every time with the KitchenBasix Classic Wood Rolling Pin. Made of durable and moisture-resistant wood, this rolling pin promises to last a lifetime. The wood also looks classic enough to be displayed on the kitchen counter when the rolling pin is not in use. Additionally, this pin is very versatile, and, therefore, you will find it ideal for pasta, bakery, cookie dough, fondant, pizza, and pastry, among others. It measures 16.5 by 2.2 inches, which is the perfect size for all rolling needs. Furthermore, it is equipped with bearings to allow you to enjoy a smooth movement during rolling. The pin also has an ergonomic design to let you do the rolling comfortably. Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty, which protects it against the unfortunate.
- Great for baking and making Indian bread
- Very convenient to use and rolls smoothly
- Made of quite solid wood
- Feels great on hands and cleans easily
- Has a perfect size
- Has a few quality control issues
4. Bamber Wooden French Rolling Pin
You can now have your youngster help you out with baking duties by adding the Bamber Wooden French Rolling Pin in your kitchen. As opposed to most baking rolling pins, the Bamber Wooden Rolling Pin does not feature dents and gaps. And this means it will not have flour residue, which is somewhat difficult to remove. It does not harbor bacteria and at the same time, it is really good-looking. It will give you and your little one a fantastic experience in the kitchen since this is what it is designed to do. Moreover, it comes with a worry-free lifetime warranty and a friendly customer service to make sure you are a happy purchaser.
- Has a good quality and works well
- The wood used is very smooth
- Ideal for rolling dough
- Lightweight for easy rolling
- Cleans quickly and easily after use
- The material used does not harbor bacteria or fungus
- Small and not as thick as expected
5. Farberware Wood Rolling Pin
Any kitchen should not miss the Farberware Wood Rolling Pin. This is because it makes rolling out pastry shells, pizza dough, and pie crusts quicker and easier. In addition, it is made of classic wood, which is durable and moisture resistant to give you endless performance. You will, therefore, be able to use it season in season out. The pin also boasts comfortable and easy grip handles, which give it control and comfort during use. Plus it is made of nylon bearings to ensure a smooth rolling action. Well, the bearings are rustproof; hence, expect them to last a lifetime. When you are done using the pin, do not throw it in the dishwasher because it is not dishwasher safe. Instead, take advantage of the easy-to-clean classic wood and hand-wash it with a damp cloth.
- Its surface is smooth and non-stick
- Makes nice thin rounds of dough easily
- The handle is easy to grip when rolling dough
- Balanced well and easy to use
- Looks sturdier and durable
- Perfect for people on a budget
- Overly lightweight
6. Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin
With the Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin, creating beautifully rolled dough will not be a problem. The rolling pin has a smooth non-porous surface, which makes it extremely easy to use. And it is made of 100-percent stainless steel and then finished with brushed matte to give it an elegant appearance. The stainless steel construction is also durable to give you peace of mind that you will not go back to the shop anytime soon. Use the pin to roll out cookies, roti, dumplings, tortillas, pizza crusts, ravioli, fondant, and pies. It is a hygienic rolling pin that will not absorb flavors, colors or odors. It is also easy to clean, considering that it is dishwasher safe.
- Does not absorb odors, colors or flavors
- Great for rolling out dough
- It is easy to clean and dries quickly once cleaned
- Dough does not stick, making it easy to use
- Solid and looks elegant in the kitchen
- Could be better if it were a little heavier
7. ebuns Rolling Pin (French Pins 18” inches)
Most professional bakers will tell you that they use the ebuns Rolling Pin (French Pins 18” inches). And this is because it has the perfect size for rolling out dough. With it in your kitchen, you will be able to get uniform dough that everyone, including little ones, will admire. Bakers also love the fact that this pin features hand-crafted and finished-waxed barrels, which ensure easy grip as well as allowing for a lifetime of smooth rolling. Talking of lifetime, the pin is made sturdy, so it can withstand the daily abuse either by a professional baker or a curious little baker who wants to know how to make perfectly sized dough. Apart from buying this rolling pin for yourself, you can buy it as a gift for a loved one.
- Heavy and works well
- Covers the entire dough surface
- Easy to hold during rolling
- Great gift for little girls who like cooking
- The convenient size can be easily stored in a draw
- Has a nice feel in hands
- Rusts when washed
8. The Original Straight Rolling Pin
Rolling dough should not be a chore because now there is the Original Straight Rolling Pin. It is an essential kitchen tool that’s made to help you get full control when rolling out dough. It is made of solid beech wood, which gives it a smooth texture without sacrificing its durability. The beech wood also makes it super versatile. And this means you will be able to rely on it to make healthy meals and decadent dessert. This pin will surely make your work easier; hence, it is exactly what you need. Its economical design makes it easy to store in the cabinet or pantry, and its sleek appearance makes it a great addition to any kitchen. What’s more, the pin is backed by a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee for worry-free buying experience.
- Looks sleek and contemporary
- Its ends are tapered for better performance
- The size is perfect for rolling dough
- Well balanced and has a good weight
- Rolls smoothly and cleans easily
- The price is unbeatable
- The exterior is somewhat rough
9. RollerMaster Rolling Pin (Non Marble Pins) – [Gift Packaging]
Baking enthusiasts can now take their baking experience a notch higher with the RollerMaster Rolling Pin (Non Marble Pins) – [Gift Packaging]. This pin is made of stainless steel, and, therefore, will not crack, stain, scratch, split or splinter. Instead, it will remain intact and serve you for a pretty long time. The stainless steel construction also requires no maintenance like oiling. Plus it is very easy to clean once you are done using it. Besides, the rolling pin comes equipped with handlebars, which prevent unnecessary wrist strains while allowing you to create consistent and uniform dough. You will be thrilled by the fact that it is non-porous to prevent cross-contamination. You can either freeze the rolling pin to help keep dough cool or warm in water to adapt to your baking needs.
- The design discourages cross-contamination
- Rolls smoothly to make nicely shaped dough
- Dough does not stick to the rolling pin
- Can be bought as a gift for a loved one
- Handles are easy on the wrists
- Very light
10. Checkered Chef Stainless Steel French Rolling Pin
Measuring 15-3/4 inches long, the Checkered Chef Stainless Steel French Rolling Pin can make pizza dough for the whole family. Additionally, it promises to produce consistently smooth dough every time. The rolling pin is also non-porous to give you confidence that you are using a hygienic product that does not harbor bacteria. With it, you will be able to create exceptional thickness for biscuits, pizzas, pie crusts, and pastries. Its smooth, non-stick surface guarantees nothing but excellent results on a regular basis. The surface is also very easy to clean and does not require costly maintenance. Whether you are a professional baker or just getting started in baking, this French rolling pin is for you.
- Rolls out the dough with much ease
- Flour does not stick to it
- The stainless steel finish looks great
- Easy to maintain for long-term use
- Can be hand-washed or popped into a dishwasher
- Does not have handles
Rolling out pastry dough, cookie dough or pizza dough should be fun. In fact, it is viewed as one of the moments to bond further with your little one. Nevertheless, this is unlikely to happen if you do not have a quality baking rolling pin. That’s why we have brought you the above rolling pins for baking.