Almost everyone who uses PC a lot will tell you that it is difficult to type in the dark or in a low-light environment. Luckily, the evolution of keyboards has been on the roll since time immemorial, and the ones that are currently the talk of town are backlit keyboards. What makes them different from the rest of the pack is the backlit technology as well as other advanced features such as ergonomic, sturdy designs and many convenient commands/functions. Their backlit technology means they light up the numbers and letters of keys to allow you to see each key clearly for effortless typing. Our top 10 best backlit keyboards reviews talk of the best brands. Have a look.
- 1. Logitech K800 Wireless Backlit Keyboard
- 2. Azio Tri-Color KB505U Backlit Wired Keyboard
- 3. Logitech K740 Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard
- 4. EagleTec KG011 USB Wired Mechanical Keyboard
- 5. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
- 6. DBPOWER Backlit LED Keyboard for Gaming, Office Device
- 7. VicTsing USB Wired Keyboard for Desktop, Computer
- 8. Rii RK100+ LED Backlit USB Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 9. NPET K10 Wired Backlit Floating Keyboard
- 10. Azio Levetron L70 KB501 LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard
1. Logitech K800 Wireless Backlit Keyboard
Darkness and low light conditions will not be a bother when you are typing with the Logitech K800 Backlit Keyboard. It has well-illuminated characters to let you type anywhere at any time. What’s more, it is highly compatible; hence, can be used with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. Logitech has equipped it with PerfectStroke key system to make every keystroke more comfortable, quiet, and fluid. You do not need batteries to operate this backlit keyboard; simply recharge it quickly via the universal micro-USB cable (included). The keyboard boasts a powerful 2.4GHz wireless connection with one tiny unifying receiver, which stays in your PC. Plus it is equipped with Hand Proximity Detection that automatically illuminates the keys when your hands approach it. Ideally, the lights can be adjusted to achieve desirable results simply with a press of a button.
- The keys feel comfortable
- Works well for entering data
- The battery life is impressive
- The backlit feature is excellent
- The wireless design is well thought out
- A little fragile
2. Azio Tri-Color KB505U Backlit Wired Keyboard
It is hard to see the keyboard in low light, and that’s where the Azio KB505U Backlit Keyboard comes in handy. It has a backlight feature that illuminates the keys really well to help you type in the dark or in a low-light environment with much ease. It also has a large print, which makes the letters easy to identify, so you can type really fast. Ideally, you can cycle its backlight system through three different colors to fit your preference and mood. This wired keyboard also has shortcut keys that make it easy to navigate your favorite programs. It offers a perfect way to spruce up your office or home while adding the much-needed readability and functionality. It is equipped with a 5-foot cord, which is long enough to let you work in any corner of the room.
- Appears sturdy enough to be used for ages
- The backlight works well
- Has a full-size backspace key
- The four rubber feet work great at keeping the keyboard in place
- Great for the price
3. Logitech K740 Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard
With laser-etched backlit keys, the Logitech K740 Backlit Keyboard will no doubt be a great purchase if you often type at night. The backlighting feature is adjustable, and this makes the keys sharp, bright and easy to read. Ideally, it is only the characters that are illuminated, and this means you will see the letters, numbers, and symbols much clearer. The backlit keyboard comes equipped with a 6-foot (1.8-meter) cable that is long enough to reach your PC whether the keyboard is on a shelf under your desk or on top of the desk. Besides, this keyboard boasts a plug-and-play USB connection to make your work much easier. Plus it has a soft rubber coating that offers enhanced comfort to keep your wrists in a more neutral typing position as well as to provide them with a place to rest between typing.
- Looks more professional and elegant
- Keys have a great, ergonomic feel
- Keys have a great light
- The letters and numbers appear highly unlikely to fade/wear off
- The overall construction is solid
- Not the best for gaming
4. EagleTec KG011 USB Wired Mechanical Keyboard
A highly compatible backlit keyboard is what you need for a great typing experience. And the EagleTec KG011 USB Wired Mechanical Keyboard is exactly that. It works with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. As if that’s not enough, the keyboard works perfectly with all the world’s major computer brands, including PCs Microsoft, Corsair, Dell, Alienware, Asus, MSI, and Razor, among others. The keyboard is equipped with Double-shot injection molded keycaps that offer crystal clear uniform backlighting and lettering that will not scratch off. It also has innumerable lighting effects, user adjustable brightness levels, and breathing modes. Plus all of its 104 keys are conflict-free (n-key Rollover) to provide you with the ultimate typing experience. The keyboard is made of industrial aircraft-grade aluminum and tough ABS, so it can stand up to the tough demands of frequent use.
- Keys feel and sound wonderful
- It has lots of features
- The lights illuminate as advertised
- Has a great weight
- The cable comes with a Velcro strap to tie up the extra length
- The lifespan could be longer
5. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Who does not know Corsair? The company is dedicated to satisfying its customers by consistently producing top quality products like this gaming keyboard. It is a top-performing unit that comes equipped with RGB backlighting and intuitive lighting modes to provide you with expressive lighting options. It has 6 programmable macro keys, which enable powerful actions for 100-percent satisfaction. Moreover, its keys are quiet and responsive, so you can use them to the fullest. The keyboard works with Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows Vista. It is also compatible with Xbox One to let you enjoy keyboard-enabled games. Its comfortable wrist rest ensures that you are able to use it for a long time without fatigue. Other impressive features are the media playback and dedicated volume buttons, which enable control of all your media without having to stop the game.
- Custom settings are easy to set
- The speed is easy to adjust
- Keys can easily be seen in the dark
- The keyboard does not slip while in use
- The detachable hand guard is a bonus
- The keyboard has issues with the recommended software
6. DBPOWER Backlit LED Keyboard for Gaming, Office Device
What’s really great about this backlit keyboard from DBPOWER is the backlighting feature. The keyboard has 3 colors, which can be set in changeable breathing mode or permanent lighting mode for maximum satisfaction. Both the backlit feature and the breathing mode can be adjusted when you are playing a game or working in the office/at home. In addition, this keyboard has 19 non-conflict keys, strengthened space keys, and removable keycaps. The keys are specially designed for improved durability and tactile feedback. Well, this unique engineering enables them to offer a professional gaming feel. The 104-key keyboard is super easy to operate, given that it comes with a USB braided plug-and-play cable, which eliminates the need for drivers. The keyboard also has laser-carved characters as well as boasting a non-slip design.
- Makes a nice present for those who work at night on their PCs
- A low budget option for those looking for backlit keyboards
- Seems to hold up well
- It feels amazing and professional
- The lights look really nice at night
- May come with a few quality issues but the manufacturer is responsive enough
7. VicTsing USB Wired Keyboard for Desktop, Computer
The durability of this backlit keyboard can be matched by very few keyboards in the same class. VicTsing has only used all-metal materials to make it. Plus they have made sure that the keyboard is water-resistant as well as shockproof. Well, with such incredible durability, expect to use this keyboard year in year out. The manufacturer has also made it with a skin-like rubber oil coating to add a delicate feel. In addition, they have equipped it with super thin floating keycap design for high keystroke efficiency. Another stunning feature the keyboard has is the colorful rainbow LED backlit, which brings a great gaming keyboard experience. The keyboard is equipped with 7 LED backlit modes to meet all of your options. Besides, the brightness and breathing speed of these LEDs can be adjusted to suit your requirements.
- The layout is well thought out
- LED lights are fun and cool
- The seller is responsive and very helpful
- The price point is great
- Keystrokes are quick and responsive
- Lights only shine between the keys instead of going through the letters/symbols/numbers of the keys
8. Rii RK100+ LED Backlit USB Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
This backlit keyboard may not be the real mechanical keyboard, but it is worth more. It has an LED backlit feature that makes it the go-to keyboard if you game or work at night. The LED feature has 5 different colors to create a cool and fun gaming or working atmosphere. The keyboard is a standard 104-key unit that is great for almost any task. It measures 17.1 by 5.3 by 0.9 inches; thus, it will perfectly fit any standard desktop. When not used for 10 minutes, the keyboard will automatically enter sleeping mode and its backlights will turn off automatically. Ideally, it is very easy to awaken, as all you need to do is to press any key. When it is awoken, its backlights will turn on automatically, so you can continue typing in the dark with much ease.
- The feel and look is amazing
- The light is easy to turn off; simply hit the button with sun-like symbol
- The price is unbeatable
- Keys are well separated
- The backlight makes it easy to find a key
- Does not hold up long enough
9. NPET K10 Wired Backlit Floating Keyboard
NPET likes it when customers buy with peace of mind. That’s why they have backed this keyboard with a 24-month warranty. Besides, the keyboard works well enough to be a great purchase even for the hard-to-please buyers. It has 4 LED lighting backlit models as well as 3 adjustable permanent mixed backlit models. Well, these amazing lighting features combine to create a beautiful gaming experience. The keyboard also comes equipped with 26 non-conflict keys, 13 multi-media keys combinations, and strengthened space key. It is ergonomically designed and has smooth lines to give you a comfortable feel as well as to reduce fatigue. In addition, the keyboard is constructed with a water-resistant body to make sure that spills from drinks and coffee do not terminate it or affect its performance. It is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Mac OS, and more.
- Very durable and has a sturdy feel
- The key press feels nice
- Looks great and has beautiful colors
- The customer service is great
- Color software is easy to download
- Instructions could be better
10. Azio Levetron L70 KB501 LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard
Azio is keen to make this gaming keyboard enhance your gaming experience. As such, they have equipped it with the right features. One of these features is the blue backlight feature to increase the visibility of your keyboard in a dark environment. Another feature is the Multi-Key Rollover, which ensures that multiple keys register correctly when gaming. There is also a volume knob for quick adjustment of the volume. The keyboard measures 17.7 x 6.1 x 1.4 inches, and it comes with a 1-year warranty to protect against the unfortunates. What’s more, it weighs just 2.5 pounds, meaning you will not have a problem handling and using it. Plus it comes equipped with a 5’ cord, which is long enough to allow for easy connection of the keyboard to your computer.
- The volume knob is handy
- The LED lights are really useful
- The keyboard looks great
- Ideal for people whose jobs require a lot of PC use
- Comfortable and easy to use
- The wrist rest is a crucial feature for those who type a lot
- No brightness setting
A backlit keyboard is great for office and gaming. They are no doubt the best bet for those who work a lot at night or in dimly lit environments. If you are looking for one, look no more because our detailed reviews have all the best brands on the market.