Babies are prone to kicking their blankets while they are asleep. They are, therefore, likely to be exposed to cold, which may not be good for their health. Furthermore, blankets are highly discouraged because they can lead to suffocation. Parents are, hence, advised to consider baby sleep blankets. Unlike ordinary blankets, baby sleep blankets are wearable. As such, they will give you peace of mind knowing that your little one will not be suffocated or get exposed to the cold. They are warm and very comfortable, so they can provide your little cutie with a restful night’s sleep. Check out the ones we have discussed in the following top 10 best baby sleep blankets reviews.
- 1. Halo SleepSack 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket
- 2. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Sleeping Sack
- 3. HALO Early Walker SleepSack Wearable Blanket
- 4. Halo SleepSack Micro-Fleece Wearable Blanket
- 5. Hudson Baby Baby Girls’ Wearable Sleeping Bag
- 6. Carter’s Baby 2-Pack Microfleece Sleepbag
- 7. Ely’s & Co. 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket
- 8. Burt’s Bees Baby – Beekeeper Wearable Blanket
- 9. Marquebaby Unisex Sleeping Bag
- 10. oenbopo Newborn Baby Wrap Swaddle Blanket
1. Halo SleepSack 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket
Most customers trust this baby sleep blanket because it is from Halo. The company was founded by Bill Schmid and his wife after they had lost their little angel to SIDS. This wearable blanket is loaded with a number of great features such as a sleeveless design that helps minimize the risk of overheating and an inverted zipper for effortless changing of diapers. Furthermore, this blanket has a roomy and unique sack design that will not restrict your baby’s legs, thereby, ensuring that the hips of your young one develop properly. Because of the roomy sack design, International Hip Dysplasia Institute recognizes the blanket as “Hip Healthy”. This wearable blanket is used in over 1,250 hospital nurseries in the whole of the U.S. to help teach parents safe sleeping practices. It is made of 100-percent cotton for warmth and comfort.
- Available in a variety of sizes
- The cotton is soft yet not too warm
- Looks cute on babies
- Gives you the option to layer with jammies/onesies for cooler nights
- Seems to be of good quality
- The arm opening is a little too small
2. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Sleeping Sack
We are happy to let you know that this list has the coziest sleep bag. Made of a breathable fabric, this baby sleep blanket will keep your little one really comfortable while she is asleep. Moreover, it has a comforting cocoon shape that helps make each night great. It is made in India using top quality materials. For this reason, expect this blanket to deliver great performance. Its clever shoulder straps ensure that you do not struggle to get your baby’s hands through an armhole. This means you can have your little angel wear it even when they are asleep. This sleeping sack comes in three sizes, which are small, medium, and large. Small is for babies aged 0 – 6 months old and weighing 10 – 18 pounds; medium is for babies aged 6 – 18 months and weighing 16 – 26 pounds, and large is for babies aged 18 – 36 months and weighing 25 – 35 pounds.
- The customer service is great
- Holds up well to daily use
- Keeps babies at the perfect temperature
- The zipper is thick and large
- The inside is lined with cotton
- Shoulder straps could be better
3. HALO Early Walker SleepSack Wearable Blanket
You will not just get a top quality baby sleep blanket when you buy from Halo but also you will be directly helping the non-profit organizations that Halo support. These organizations include First Candle/SIDS Alliance. The wearable blanket that the manufacturer makes is well thought out and that’s why we have included it on this list. It has foot openings that help improve mobility when the baby is awake. It also boasts a room to tuck in the feet of your baby at night. Another feature of this blanket, which also helps improve mobility, is the sleeveless design. Furthermore, the sleeveless design makes it super easy to dress the baby. Also, there is a generous sack design that gives room for kicking yet it cannot be kicked. As such, you will rest easy at night knowing that your baby will be kept warm throughout.
- Does exactly what it is designed to do
- Keeps babies nice and cozy
- Does not hinder the movement of babies
- Does not make diapers difficult to change
- Holds up well to many washes
- Runs big, but that’s how it should be.
4. Halo SleepSack Micro-Fleece Wearable Blanket
You need this baby sleep blanket to give your little one a safe and sound sleeping experience. It is made of 100-percent polyester; hence, its comfort and its ability to provide warmth cannot be doubted. It is available in four sizes, including small, medium, x-large, and large. That said, expect to find a suitable size for your child. The soft polyester micro-fleece fabric of this wearable blanket has a 1.0 TOG rating, and this enables it to offer enough comfort for moderate climates or seasons. This wearable blanket can be layered with warmer sleepwear during cooler days. It has an inverter zipper that opens from the bottom to ensure easy changing of diapers. Additionally, its sack design is roomy and unique; thus, it will not interfere with the hip development of your kid.
- Fleece is wonderfully soft
- Gender neutral for ultimate convenience
- Extremely easy to wash
- Leaves arms completely free
- Has minimal shrinkage in the dryer
- The price is great
- Has plenty of extra room in the legs
- Runs quite large in length
5. Hudson Baby Baby Girls’ Wearable Sleeping Bag
The Hudson Baby Baby Girls’ Wearable Sleeping Bag is exactly what you need for your baby during those cold nights. It is a sleeveless wearable blanket that will fit your little angel snugly; hence, making sure that he/she is totally safe from cold nights. It comes in a wide range of sizes including small that fits babies aged 0 – 6 months and weighing 10 – 18 pounds; medium that is meant for babies aged 6 – 12 months and weighing 15 – 24 pounds; large for babies who are 12 – 18 months and weighing 22 – 28 pounds, and extra large that is for babies aged 18 – 24 months and weighing 26 – 36 pounds. The wearable sleeping bag is loose at the hips to allow legs and hips to move freely. It is cozy, warm and soft, so it can provide your kid with ultimate comfort.
- Has tons of room for easy movement
- Washes and wears nicely
- Does not make diapers difficult to change
- The price is pocket-friendly
- The material is super soft
- The zipper leaves a lot to be desired
6. Carter’s Baby 2-Pack Microfleece Sleepbag
Carter’s is one of the best companies that produce children’s clothing, accessories, and gifts. Their baby sleep blanket is loaded with numerous features, so it can work as expected. It is made with 100-percent polyester, which is durable, warm, and extremely easy to care for. The material is also machine washable to ensure that you do not take a lot of time keeping the sleepbag fresh. Another stunning feature that Carter’s has added is the cozy fleece, which helps add comfort. The small (S) size of this sleepbag is recommended for babies aged 0 – 3 months and weighing 6 – 12 pounds not to mention having a height up to 24 inches. The medium (M) size, on the other hand, is for babies aged 6 – 9 months and with weights of 12.5 – 21 pounds and heights of 24 inches to 28 inches.
- The material is super soft
- Keeps babies warm and cozy all night long
- Fits perfectly around the neck
- Great for winter periods
- Available in many different patterns
- The quality of the material could be better
7. Ely’s & Co. 100% Cotton Wearable Blanket
Taking care of this baby sleep blanket is extremely easy. That is because it is made of a 100-percent natural and machine washable fabric that requires you to simply throw it into the machine and voila! You have a fresh wearable blanket for your baby. This baby sleep blanket also features a 100-percent top quality cotton interlock that will cover your baby, thereby, keeping them warm. What’s more, it boasts a lightweight construction that features a smart sleeveless design to help prevent overheating. It is a fashionable wearable sack that creates a safe sleeping environment for your little one. This means it helps eliminate the danger of loose blankets. Besides, this baby sleep blanket has a round neckline that features snap-tab at the front and bottom zipper to allow you to effortlessly change diapers even in the middle of the night.
- Very soft and well made
- Fits safely on the baby’s chest and shoulders
- Leaves plenty of room to grow
- Extremely easy to use
- The zipper goes up to make diaper changes easy
- The durability of the zipper is suspect
8. Burt’s Bees Baby – Beekeeper Wearable Blanket
If you are tired of your baby losing their blankets at night, the Burt’s Bees Baby – Beekeeper Wearable Blanket is for you. It is totally safe for your baby’s gentle skin, and that’s because it is GOTS certified. Furthermore, it has a top quality YKK zipper that promises endless promises. And it is made of pure organic cotton to make it great for the baby’s thinner and more porous skin. This wearable blanket is super durable; thanks to the combed and ring-spun. Its zipper opens from the bottom, so you can have an easy time changing diapers. It also has a snap tab zipper pull cover as well as an interior zipper guard to ensure improved safety. It is available in multiple colors, so you can easily get a suitable one.
- The pattern is very cute
- The material used is soft
- Makes a great gift for baby showers
- Has plenty of room to grow into
- The weight is perfect; not too heavy not too light
- Well made and perfect for all seasons
- A little large, especially for newborns
9. Marquebaby Unisex Sleeping Bag
This baby sleeping blanket will not be kicked off because it is wearable. This means it will provide your little one with maximum comfort let alone keeping them warm throughout the cold night. It is made of 75-percent cotton and 25-percent polyester shell, so it can provide you with great comfort not to mention being easy to wash and care for. In addition, this unisex sleeping bag boasts a 100-percent cotton lining to enable it to provide extra comfort and warmth. Its two layers of lightweight and super soft cotton make it incredibly breathable, thereby, allowing it to reduce overheating, which, in turn, ensure comfortable sleep for your baby. The sleeping bag measures 32 inches long and 19 inches wide; thus, it is great for babies aged between 9 to 18 months.
- Keeps babies at the right temperature throughout the night
- Holds up great to multiple washes
- Nice, soft and safe
- Great for babies who move a lot
- Customer service is great
- Gender neutral for maximum convenience
- The zipper can be a little hard to operate, but the sleep blanket works great
10. oenbopo Newborn Baby Wrap Swaddle Blanket
Finding a versatile baby sleep blanket like this swaddle blanket is almost impossible. That’s why we have not hesitated to include this one on the list. It can be used as a crib wrap, stroller quilt, swaddle blanket or sleeping blanket. It is well thought out and can be used in any season. It measures 70cm (27.55 inches) long and 35cm (13.77 inches), which is simply the perfect size for baby girls and boys aged 0 – 12 months. Furthermore, it has wooden buttons that make it super easy to open and close. Ideally, you can open completely it to get the most out of it. The swaddle blanket also has a hooded design that enables it to provide maximum coverage. It comes with a 90-day warranty to give you confidence knowing that you are getting a top quality product.
- Very well made to deliver solid performance
- The fabric is nice and soft
- Buttonholes will not stretch out of shape
- Keeps babies cozy and warm
- Makes a stunning gift
- Available in one size only
It is time you replace your baby’s ordinary blanket with one of the above baby sleep blankets. They will give you peace of mind knowing that your little one is safe, comfortable, and warm. In addition, they have innovative designs that ensure easy changing of diapers. Get one today for ultimate convenience.