A specially designed, electronic pet door is one of the most viable ideas to pet owners who want to give their pets an honest freedom. Although they are simple products, electronic dog doors offer a quick and extremely safe way in and out for your dear buddy. They come with numerous advantages both for you and your pet. First, you’ll have plenty of conveniences since you won’t have to interrupt your everyday schedule to let your pet in and out every other time.
Second, your pet will have great comfort, considering that they get easy access in and out. And lastly, your pet will have the opportunity to exercise and reduce cases of boredom, which tends to be common among young dogs. Since automatic dog doors are plenty on the market, we unveil this compilation of top 10 best automatic electric dog doors reviews to help you choose the best product.
- 1. PetSafe Smart Door
- 2. High Tech Pet Electronic Pet Door
- 3. SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
- 4. Perfect Pet Energy Efficient Dog Door
- 5. Solo Pet Doors Automatic Electronic Dog and Cat Door
- 6. High Tech Pet Sliding Glass Door (Regular Height)
- 7. Endura Flap Wall Mount Pet Door
- 8. PetSafe Wall Entry Pet Doors
- 9. PetSafe Sliding Glass Pet Door
- 10. PetSafe Extreme Weather Door
1. PetSafe Smart Door
With the PetSafe Smart Door, you’ll be able to control the access of your pet. It is set to an automatic mode to only allow the pet wearing the SmartKey to pass through the SmartDoor. Ideally, the SmartDoor unlocks automatically upon detecting the SmartKey, thereby, allowing your pet to access the door.
- Programmable selective entry, exit, and auto-locking functions: They provide convenience for you and your pets.
- A plastic frame: It promotes the longevity of this electronic dog door.
- LED Indicators: Alert you when the unit is functional.
- Sensitivity Control: It enhances the efficiency of this automatic dog door.
- Provides convenience for both you and your pet
- Allows only pets wearing the key to walk in and out
- Can be installed in either interior or exterior doors
- Comes with an instruction booklet for easy installation and use
- Dog learns how to operate it quickly
- Makes a little noise when it opens or closes
2. High Tech Pet Electronic Pet Door
Designed for performance, value, design, and extreme reliability, the High Tech Pet Electronic Pet Door will allow your pet to walk in and out anytime they want. When your dog approaches, the pet door’s air-tight panel quickly and quietly moves upwards, thereby, allowing passage. It is one of the best dog doors on the market today.
- Super-strength, bulletproof, military-grade resin: It won’t crack, discolor or break even in extreme cold and heat.
- Patented directional ultrasonic sensing system: Makes this electronic pet door better than other units that use radio or magnetic system.
- Ultrasonic collar: It emits a highly directional signal, which is received by the microphone only when the dog/cat is directly facing the door opening.
- Opens only when the pet is on a direct approach
- Can be programmed at In Only, Out Only, Full Access or Closed/Locked
- Strongly built to withstand the outdoor weather
- Brings peace of mind to pet owners
- Allows dogs to put their heads out to look around
- A little pricier
3. SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
Electronic dog doors are designed in such a way that they only allow your pet to enter the house while making sure intruder animals are kept outside. And one of these units is the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door, which is designed for large cats and small dogs. It can store up to 32 pets in its memory, and this makes it ideal for multi-pet households.
- 4 C cell batteries: They power this electronic dog door.
- Indicator light: It alerts you when the battery power starts to run low.
- Versatile design: Lets you install the dog door in walls, doors and windows.
- The timer is easy to set up
- Allows pets to go out and come in at will
- Easy to use and put in
- Great for pets who have trouble housebreaking
- Easy to program
- Pets may be scared of it at first
4. Perfect Pet Energy Efficient Dog Door
The energy cost is ever shooting up, and it’s important to use energy efficient units as one way of cutting the cost. Well, the Perfect Energy Efficient Dog Door is the answer if you have a lovely and faithful pet. Besides, it is all-weather, implying it remains functional despite the weather conditions.
- Innovative double vinyl flap design: It creates energy efficient air pocket for optimum insulation.
- Structural foam molded plastic: It is energy efficient for noticeable results.
- Adjustable frame: Telescopes from 3/4-inch to 1-3/4-inch thick.
- Sturdy material: Brings in the much-needed durability.
- The structural foam molded plastic is sturdy
- Frame telescopes are adjustable
- Works in all kinds of weather
- Fits perfectly on doors and keeps air out well
- Holds up really well
- Comes in a wide range of sizes to choose from
- Installation is a little difficult
5. Solo Pet Doors Automatic Electronic Dog and Cat Door
Say goodbye to opening and closing the door to your pet, because the Solo Pet Doors Dog and Cat Door is in town. It is an extra large dog door that is ideal for large dogs. Ideally, it comes in 10 different sizes; hence, can work for small pets too. The fact that it closes slowly using gravity means it is absolutely safe for your pet.
- 100-percent automatic: The Solo Pet Doors Dog and Cat Door opens and closes on its own.
- Free pet tag sensor: It activates the pet door, so your pet can gain entry.
- Numerous sizes: The unit comes in 10 different sizes to allow you get the best one for your pet.
- Works great for dogs and cats
- Eliminates the inconveniences of being a doorman for your pet
- Prevents unwanted intruders from accessing your house
- Available in 10 different sizes for perfect selection
- Instructions are easy to understand
- Pictures only show small models, which can be misleading
6. High Tech Pet Sliding Glass Door (Regular Height)
The time has come to stop being a doorman for your pet, and allow it to come in and go out whenever it wants. The High Tech Pet Sliding Glass Door is fully automatic and is designed to keep your dog or cat inside and intruder animals outside. It is an extra large dog door that is perfect for cats and dogs weighing up to 100 pounds.
- High-quality aluminum and tempered glass: The tempered glass is coated with an industrial quality powder coat finish for optimum performance.
- Spring loaded section: It is for quick, perfect installation.
- 4-Way access control: Allows you to choose from in only, closed, out only, locked, and full access.
- MS-4 ultrasonic collar: It activates the motor-driven vertically-sliding door.
- Directional sensing system: It opens the automatic door only when your pet is on a direct approach.
- Works well with any sliding glass door
- Easy to set up
- Only lets in pets when they want to
- Easy to teach pets to know how to operate it
- Looks pretty sturdy
- Collars need a little improvement
7. Endura Flap Wall Mount Pet Door
The award winning Endura Flap Wall Mount Pet Door is the have it all automatic dog door. It is arguably the most energy efficient wall mount on the market; hence, ideal for those who love their pets but don’t want to be extravagant. Moreover, it is highly wind-resistant and comes with a generous 10-year warranty, with 15 years on the flap.
- Easy-to-use clip lock: Allows you to close the door when it’s not in use.
- 10×18-inch opening: Makes this extra large dog door perfect for large dog breeds.
- White aluminum framing: It is installed into the siding, stucco, and other exterior wall materials in your home.
- All-weather single/double flap versions: They ensure outstanding energy efficiency.
- Excellent design: It is flexible and safe.
- The design is flexible and safe
- Closes off when not in use
- Perfect for large dog breeds, smaller dogs, and cats
- Comes with setup directions for easy installation
- Holds up well during winters
- A bit overpriced
8. PetSafe Wall Entry Pet Doors
Like most top performing electronic dog doors, this pet door lets you install your brand new pet door in the exterior or interior wall. In other words, it gives your dog or cat outside/inside access via any interior/exterior wall rather than a back or front door.
- Telescoping tunnel: Ensures easy installation in walls.
- Slide-in closing panel: It keeps your pet from accessing the pet door and to close opening when the unit is not in use, as well as for weather resistance.
- Double system and tunnel: They create an air pocket to help protect your home from drafts and weather.
- Tunnel telescopes to fit walls well
- Insulation keeps out the weather
- Installs easily into brick, stucco, and siding walls, among others
- Works well for pets up to 100 pounds
- Gives pets the independence they need
- Some pets do not like the magnets clicking on it
9. PetSafe Sliding Glass Pet Door
Give your pet the freedom to walk in or outside of the house as he pleases with this electronic pet dog door from PetSafe. It is easy to install, as all you need to do is to insert it into your sliding glass door track and it automatically adjusts to fit the space.
- Heavy-duty aluminum frame: It has a tempered glass to keep the view from your sliding glass door.
- Glass sweep and weather stripping: Ensures additional weather resistance.
- Side-in closing panel: It closes off pet door when it is not in use.
- Latch: It locks sliding glass door.
- Installs quickly and easily
- Available in a variety of colors to choose from
- The frame is weatherproof
- Great for condos and apartments
- Available in a wide range of sizes to fit a wide variety of pet sizes and heights
- The door cover needs a little improvement
10. PetSafe Extreme Weather Door
Whether it’s during hot or cold climates, the PetSafe Extreme Weather Door saves energy while making sure your special friend get all the freedom she wants. It is one of the best dog doors you’ll ever come across on the market today. Ideally, it boasts a maximum energy efficiency that is 3-1/2 times higher than the manufacturer’s standard single-flap pet doors.
- Unique 3-flap system with a center insulated flap: It is ideal for hot and cold climates.
- Paintable plastic frame: To match your door décor and color.
- Snap-on closing panel: It keeps pets from using the automatic dog door.
- Works well in both hot and cold climate
- The door frame is paintable to let you match your door décor
- Works best for pets up to 100 pounds
- Will not force you to break the bank
- Available in small, medium, and large sizes
- The screws need to be redesigned
Never spend your money on a poor quality product, especially when it comes to choosing the best dog door. Your pal is lovely and faithful; thus, you should only settle for the best. If you are planning to buy him an automatic dog door, then the above top 10 best reviews should be a frontier for you. It only highlights the best dog doors to make sure you and your pal enjoy an array of benefits including comfort, ease of installation and use, convenience, and efficiency.